Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This years Superbowl Ads

Started by GolfNut57, February 05, 2018, 03:59:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GolfNut57

ALL blew the "golden chunks" award. For the last few 3-4 years they were getting worse in the quality of good ones, or ones that drew a lot of laughs. This year I saw not one that was even worth cracking a smile. Not one Bud Light ad. Not one single Doritos promo. Nothing with the Clydesdales? WTH?  >:(
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

theFlyingHog

You were trying really hard to not watch if you didn't see the Bud Light ads

spe450

Doritos had one of the better ads.

Tusker4life

Dilly Dilly..

Quote from: theFlyingHog on February 05, 2018, 04:10:12 pm
Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

GolfNut57

Quote from: theFlyingHog on February 05, 2018, 04:10:12 pm

Must have been during one of my personal PEE moments. I was at work during the game and the bathroom was quite a few steps away from my cubicle.  :-\
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

GolfNut57

Just did a google search of this years ads and apparently I missed several decent ones during my many trips to the can. Damn water pills!  >:(

NoogaHog

I think the consensus #1 ad was the NFL ad with Eli and Odell Beckham. The Alexa ad was good as were the Tide ads. The Australian ad was OK. The Dinklage/Freeman ads were meh. The Kia Steven Tyler ad was crap. Ram trucks and Bud Light were funny once, but not worth rewatching. The others were forgettable because I don't remember them.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Boarcephus

Quote from: NoogaHog on February 05, 2018, 04:59:07 pm
I think the consensus #1 ad was the NFL ad with Eli and Odell Beckham. 

And I hated that one the most. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

1highhog

They all sucked.  I need to start doing commercials, I could come up with alot better stuff than this drivel that's been on the last 5 or 6 years.

bolo

Quote from: 1highhog on February 05, 2018, 07:46:57 pm
They all sucked.  I need to start doing commercials, I could come up with alot better stuff than this drivel that's been on the last 5 or 6 years.
Ibet you could sir
R.I.P OTR
R.I.P PRJ
2023 March Maddest Champion with a little help from my friends

DoubleReedHawgCaller

I thought the Danny Devito M&M's commercial was pretty good.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

GolfNut57

Quote from: NoogaHog on February 05, 2018, 04:59:07 pm
I think the consensus #1 ad was the NFL ad with Eli and Odell Beckham.

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 05, 2018, 05:30:12 pm
And I hated that one the most.

Me too. That one actually turned my stomach a little. I thought it was the gayest pile of crap ever used for a superbowl ad.

1highhog

Vantage 8 dude

Taken as a group they were pretty weak no doubt.

Razorbackers

Odell and Eli was great
The Tide ads were amazing. Every commercial has clean clothes, so therefore every commercial is a Tide ad. They should really keep that going.
Doritos was fun.

The highlight was our annual "brand that just doesn't get it" spot with Dodge using MLKJ to sell trucks. Hilarious and awful.

Boarcephus

Quote from: GolfNut57 on February 05, 2018, 08:50:06 pm
Me too. That one actually turned my stomach a little. I thought it was the gayest pile of crap ever used for a superbowl ad.

Exactly. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Razorbackers on February 07, 2018, 11:12:20 am

The Tide ads were amazing. Every commercial has clean clothes, so therefore every commercial is a Tide ad. They should really keep that going.

Using an everyman guy like David Harbour instead of some pompous big star is what made those ads.  Made me miss Bill Paxton.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

HawgWild

Boog41

I actually thought the Toyota commercial that had the priest, rabbi, imam and monk all going to the football game together was pretty neat.

As a group though I give the commercials a "C" at best. It seems like each year there are more, and more, stinkers.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Boog41 on February 07, 2018, 02:16:35 pm
As a group though I give the commercials a "C" at best. It seems like each year there are more, and more, stinkers.

This one is still one of my all time favorites.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Razorbackers

Quote from: Boog41 on February 07, 2018, 02:16:35 pm
I actually thought the Toyota commercial that had the priest, rabbi, imam and monk all going to the football game together was pretty neat.

Yeah, I liked that one, too. It was funny while still hitting that sentimental element they were going for.

Razorbackers

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 07, 2018, 12:27:55 pm
Using an everyman guy like David Harbour instead of some pompous big star is what made those ads.  Made me miss Bill Paxton.

Can't wait for Hellboy!

HogShat

DLUXHOG

Guess y'all didn't see the topless Giselle ad...(she was advertising for Pabst, as if that matters)
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

snoblind

This has always been one of my favorite ads.  No clue if it was a Super Bowl ad, but remember it got banned.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: snoblind on February 07, 2018, 11:46:20 pm
This has always been one of my favorite ads.  No clue if it was a Super Bowl ad, but remember it got banned.

Looks like Deception Pass