Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas State 45===Middle TN 0

Started by 12247, December 01, 2012, 05:11:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Dummy Gus stumbled through another win.  This time for the Conference Championship.  First year HC and takes the youngest team in the League and wins it all.  Man, for a guy so stupid, so can't coach, so can't recruit, so isn't ready yet, just so useless and not for us, he is so lucky.

We'll find someone who can't tote Malzahn's jock and we'll be just fine.  and hey, if we can't get that person we'll go after Pelini cause Miles said he was good.  Looks like we got Miles a raise and extenison and now he'll likely help his ole buddy be sticking him on us.  Now thats payiing it forward and sticking it in.

Kenny Sowers

I don't know how many times somebody has to say it, Gus has not been anywhere long enough to show how he will recruit and develop players. I think he is a good coach, but he needs to prove himself as a recruiter and developer of talent first.
CMA "We're going to pick them up when they get off the damn bus", in reference to guarding the other team.

arcowboy

You and I know who the stupid ones are.  Gus is going to go some where and be big time , the next round of the top 5 coaches.   We will always be going thru the same thing the next 20 yrs.

stan the man

Don't worry about Gus. He'll wind up with a much better job in the near future than Arkansas. Our loss and his gain. I doubt if he would take this job if offered

Runt

Quote from: stan the man on December 01, 2012, 05:28:14 pm
Don't worry about Gus. He'll wind up with a much better job in the near future than Arkansas. Our loss and his gain. I doubt if he would take this job if offered
Don't worry about it, he won't be offered.

3kgthog

Heck, his crazy wife turned me off of him. She's an affair with a player away from major drama.

PetrinoPig

Quote from: 12247 on December 01, 2012, 05:11:51 pm
Old Dummy Gus stumbled through another win.  This time for the Conference Championship.  First year HC and takes the youngest team in the League and wins it all.  Man, for a guy so stupid, so can't coach, so can't recruit, so isn't ready yet, just so useless and not for us, he is so lucky.

We'll find someone who can't tote Malzahn's jock and we'll be just fine.  and hey, if we can't get that person we'll go after Pelini cause Miles said he was good.  Looks like we got Miles a raise and extenison and now he'll likely help his ole buddy be sticking him on us.  Now thats payiing it forward and sticking it in.

Hire Gus

Chestodrawers

Quote from: Runt on December 01, 2012, 05:32:53 pm
Don't worry about it, he won't be offered.
We won't. But you can bet your sweet arse that somebody will.  Did Ya'll see that list of jobs open they showed while ago. Long better have a rabbit in his hat.

AubbieFan89

Quote from: Chestodrawers on December 01, 2012, 06:08:41 pm
  We won't. But you can bet your sweet arse that somebody will.  Did Ya'll see that list of jobs open they showed while ago. Long better have a rabbit in his hat.

Auburn will definitely have a look...I don't think our AD is man enough to hire Petrino.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: AubbieFan89 on December 01, 2012, 06:13:35 pm
Auburn will definitely have a look...I don't think our AD is man enough to hire Petrino.
They already have. Got permission this past week, and did visited with him, and he told them thanks but no thanks, and that is old news up here.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

AFWarrior83

Quote from: Seminole Indian on December 01, 2012, 06:23:09 pm
They already have. Got permission this past week, and did visited with him, and he told them thanks but no thanks, and that is old news up here.

I can believe that, AU is a mess right now. TN seems realistic though.
Hogville member since 2005.

AubbieFan89

Quote from: Seminole Indian on December 01, 2012, 06:23:09 pm

I hope so because I think majority of the fanbase would be disappointed...

jimhog

Gus will hand you your ------- in a bucket most of the time when you are playing against him. He can flat out win.

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

HogHill2010

Quote from: Kenny Sowers on December 01, 2012, 05:16:36 pm
I don't know how many times somebody has to say it, Gus has not been anywhere long enough to show how he will recruit and develop players. I think he is a good coach, but he needs to prove himself as a recruiter and developer of talent first.

You're right I'm not sure that Malzahn has proven he can recruit. I mean he only helped pull the #4 nationally ranked recruiting class in 2010, #3 nationally ranked recruiting class in 2011, and #17 nationally ranked recruiting class in 2012. Oh and he has a QB committed to A-State that Arkansas offered.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Go Navy!!!!    Beat Army!!!!

:razorback: :razorback:   ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown::
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

rude1

This would be impressive IF Freeze hadn't already did this before him. AND Freeze did it while introducing the kids to a new system.

my3boneheads

I was at the game. Totally outclassed Middle Tenn.

HogHill2010

December 01, 2012, 08:18:55 pm #18 Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 08:31:25 pm by HogHill2010
Quote from: rude1 on December 01, 2012, 08:10:58 pm
This would be impressive IF Freeze hadn't already did this before him. AND Freeze did it while introducing the kids to a new system.

Well considering Freeze did it with a veteran team while running the offense he learned from Malzahn while Freeze was still a high school coach and Malzahn was the OC at Arkansas and Malzahn has done it with a young inexperienced team with his own offense then I'm more impressed with Malzahn.

Blue35

jkelly107

Gus is the best coach for Arkansas. He would win a NC here.

BuschHawg

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 01, 2012, 05:57:31 pm
Heck, his crazy wife turned me off of him. She's an affair with a player away from major drama.

Sounds like a former Hogs coach you're talking about....next

HogHill2010

bphi11ips

Quote from: jkelly107 on December 01, 2012, 08:27:37 pm
Gus is the best coach for Arkansas. He would win a NC here.

Not sure about the latter statement, but the former is correct.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: rude1 on December 01, 2012, 08:10:58 pm
Freeze did have the advantage of being the OC a year before taking over the HC job, so he had longer to put his system in. He also returned a lot of his starters when he became HC.

Outside of their QB and receivers (and they lost a lot of them before the season started this year), ASU was really starting from scratch  under Malzahn.

Really the only thing Malzahn had going other than a quality QB, is that the kids knew how to win, and I give credit to Freeze for that.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Birminghog

Congrats. I'm sincerely happy for him and for my cousin Joe's alma mater. I still don't want him as the head coach at Arkansas. Hope he wins another one next year.

I feel compelled to share an ASU funny. Absolutely true.  When I was a senior in high school, I was getting packages from various colleges that wanted me to be interested n them.  Some of the packages had trinkets of one kind of another with the school name emblazoned and some supposedly clever saying.  In the ASU package was a 13-inch translucent black plastic ruler with red writing and a red vertical line at the 12-inch mark. The clever saying on the ruler read, "You get more at Arkansas State. Even this ruler has a extra inch."

Marketers really need to think about these things before they send them out.

cowboyhog

Quote from: 12247 on December 01, 2012, 05:11:51 pm

So, do you like Gus ?
GO HOGS!!!GO COWBOYS!!!

cowboyhog

GO HOGS!!!GO COWBOYS!!!

HogHill2010

Quote from: cowboyhog on December 01, 2012, 10:22:15 pm
and job hop

Ok, So which job are you referring to? He went from Arkansas to Tulsa at a time that that idiot Houston Nutt was coaching the Hogs. He left Tulsa for Auburn...Who wouldn't? He left Auburn to be the HC at A-State. Yeah sounds like a major job hopper.

cmiller01

Lets talk about Gus in another 3 years or so and see if he can maintain this momentum.

HogHill2010

Quote from: cmiller01 on December 01, 2012, 10:48:31 pm
Lets talk about Gus in another 3 years or so and see if he can maintain this momentum.

I'm worried that in 3 years he will be at a big enough school that if Arkansas comes calling he will tell them to take a hike if he gets passed up this time.

uncle bubs

Quote from: HogHill2010 on December 01, 2012, 10:52:06 pm
I'm worried that in 3 years he will be at a big enough school that if Arkansas comes calling he will tell them to take a hike if he gets passed up this time.
Exactly.
God bless the Boston Mountains.

prairiehogcompanion

Gus Malzahn is a terrific football coach and someday I have the distinct feeling that a lot of Razorback fans are going to regret that he wasn't hired in 2012.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: cmiller01 on December 01, 2012, 10:48:31 pm

People have been saying this, and that it's all because of his players, for ~25 years. But he's only ever had one losing season - his first - back in 1985 or so. My only concern is that there would be division amongst the fan base with him for whatever reason.

GolfNut57

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Seminole Indian on December 01, 2012, 09:34:12 pm
Freeze did have the advantage of being the OC a year before taking over the HC job, so he had longer to put his system in. He also returned a lot of his starters when he became HC.

Outside of their QB and receivers (and they lost a lot of them before the season started this year), ASU was really starting from scratch  under Malzahn.

Really the only thing Malzahn had going other than a quality QB, is that the kids knew how to win, and I give credit to Freeze for that.

And next year Malzahn will have to replace 21 seniors from this years team. That is AFTER replacing 22 seniors from last year.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

la20688

Quote from: GolfNut57 on December 02, 2012, 12:26:42 am
And next year Malzahn will have to replace 21 seniors from this years team. That is AFTER replacing 22 seniors from last year.
How many starters you have to replace is what's important.

Cure

Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

GolfNut57

Quote from: la20688 on December 02, 2012, 12:46:02 am
How many starters you have to replace is what's important.

I know of ten starters they are losing from this years team right off the top of my head. 3 key players on offense (Aplin, Jarboe and Stockemer)  and 7 on the defense, plus two kickers in Wilbourn and Sullivent. Key players they are losing on the defense is Tim Starson, Don Jones, Nathan Herrold and Tausean Holmes.

Westcoasthog

12247 I dare you to call Gus Dummy Gus - you are so afraid that he will be
the head coach at Arkansas.   3kgthog you have better watch your postings like an affair with a player - LAWSUIT.   

TMc

The man is a football coach and a winner.  I wish we would hire him.., I believe he would win big here.., and build us into a powerhouse.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: my3boneheads on December 01, 2012, 08:11:34 pm
I was at the game. Totally outclassed Middle Tenn.

didn't middle tennessee beat georgia tech which took florida state to the brink saturday?  how bad would oregon beat georgia tech?   strange year
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: HogHill2010 on December 01, 2012, 08:18:55 pm
Well considering Freeze did it with a veteran team while running the offense he learned from Malzahn while Freeze was still a high school coach and Malzahn was the OC at Arkansas and Malzahn has done it with a young inexperienced team with his own offense then I'm more impressed with Malzahn.

Fantasy.... If you're going to lie you might as well go big... (you are a liar)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Westcoasthog on December 02, 2012, 02:14:51 am
     12247 I dare you to call Gus Dummy Gus - you are so afraid that he will be
the head coach at Arkansas.   3kgthog you have better watch your postings like an affair with a player - LAWSUIT.   

She is the wife of a major college football coach. While the post you refer to may be tacky its not an off-limits topic. Not in today's world.

Gus will be a elite HC one day. Soon. The fact he carries around baggage like the dust cloud following Pigpen on Charlie Brown is a concern. Maybe it shouldn't be.

I suspect any coach has baggage. UA fans - especially NWA UA fans - know Gus' baggage better than other coaches. It skews our perspective.

For example, James Franklin at Vandy has a stronger resume than Gus does right now. Not many folks on hogville thinking that Franklin is the superior coach, though. Gus is as old as Bobby P, basically. His career got a late start to be an elite BCS-caliber HC. A younger coach at a similar place in their career (Franklin) likely has a longer career curve in front of them.

So, yes, I'd be thrilled if Franklin is our HC. Gus, too, but the latter is not said without major reservations. Those reservations are largely from off-field, non-coaching things. Gus empowers an awful lot of folks if he becomes the UA HC. Some of those are people I don't want empowered around UA football. At what price success?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

East Clintwood

Quote from: HogHill2010 on December 01, 2012, 10:28:18 pm
Ok, So which job are you referring to? He went from Arkansas to Tulsa at a time that that idiot Houston Nutt was coaching the Hogs. He left Tulsa for Auburn...Who wouldn't? He left Auburn to be the HC at A-State. Yeah sounds like a major job hopper.

Job hopping was always one of the biggest knocks against Bobby Petrino. I notice that Gus moves even more often than BP does.

BP --- 12 teams in 28 years or 2.33 years per job average

Gus --- 4 teams in 7 years or 1.75 years per job average
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: BuschHawg on December 01, 2012, 08:41:52 pm
Sounds like a former Hogs coach you're talking about....next

Two peas in a pod.. One likes "2X4's" the other likes, "Pretty, pretty boy's mmmm."....
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ss1000

45-0 is a leave no doubt win. They had a good season and should get a good bowl game
Its not much of a crime to whack a surly bartender.

I hope your wrong, yes sir captain, me too, but I aint.

Jeffcphog

I am not a Gus fan and never was, but some of you calling out members of his family (wife), who you only know through a
tape that was very much edited is out of line.  Before posting anything negative about his family you should really know what you are talking about.

dagnamit

I get so tired of hearing how this team was already built...blah...blah..blah

Looks like hog fans would know better than anybody after this season you just went through that no team runs on auto pilot. Nothing but a bunch of haters and that is why the hogs can't win the Sec much less sniff a nc.

Hog Wild Wolf

Quote from: cowboyhog on December 01, 2012, 10:22:15 pm
and job hop
The reason he had to job hop is because of dumb Nutt!!!!! You know the old coach we had that lied to all those Springdale kids and Gus to keep the fan base happy. None and I mean none of his movements in sports have been bad moves. Great man of God and a true leader. If you don't see then open your eyes!