Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Liberty Bowl wants

Started by razorson, November 09, 2012, 12:30:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

56Hog

Quote from: Arkstfan on November 09, 2012, 01:54:54 pm
SEC won't be short in Memphis and CUSA isn't going to stand for their champ being shoved out of the bowl for a second straight year.

Better chance it happens in the Indy or BBVA Compass bowl.

Tulsa or ECU or UCF will be in Memphis and either of the first two will mean Arkansas likely goes to Shreveport if eligible against Wake Forest or NCSU.
"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

chiefsfan

Quote from: Arkstfan on November 09, 2012, 01:54:54 pm
SEC won't be short in Memphis and CUSA isn't going to stand for their champ being shoved out of the bowl for a second straight year.

We took 10,000 to Mobile, figure we can do that for New Orleans and I can find grilled oysters and cold beer and call it a fun weekend, though I suppose I do need to send a check to their traffic department to resolve an outstanding parking ticket before heading to the crescent city.

The talk is that CUSA may decline on their own this year if Tulsa wins the league.  They might like the Hurricane better in Dallas.

I dont see Arkansas beating two of SC, MSU, and LSU, so the Liberty Bowl is basically hoping for an ASU/Ole Miss matchup that I agree would be a dream scenario for them.
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Fayettechill14

Beat 'em by 50 and shut 'em up forever.

Steef

I'm thinking that the very worst year in modern Razorback history....would not be the year we would want to meet ASU on the playing field for the very first time.

They could...and probably would...beat us (if ULM can do it...they can do it)....declare themselves the champions of Arkansas forever...and never play us again.

Yup. That would certainly benefit the Hogs.

I'm a Hog fan. Not a pup fan or Gus fan. I don't care what ASU wants. I don't care what Liberty wants. I don't care what Gus wants. And I SURE don't care what pup fans want...on our board.

roothog229

Liberty Bowl contract calls for C-USA vs. SEC with the alternate being from the Big East (generally #5). Sun Belt has no tie-in to Liberty Bowl; only NOLA, GoDaddy and BBVA Compass only if Big East can't fill obligations.

If Ark. State radio said it, their research dept. is pretty sad.

Ironhawg

Quote from: razorson on November 09, 2012, 12:30:06 pm
Hogs vs A-State stated on ASU postgame radio. Just passin it on. :puke:

I hate to say it but I think the Hogs-to-a-bowl ship sailed for good with the loss to Ole Miss.

Ramtough

Last time I checked you need 6 wins to play in a Bowl.

Liberty Bowl and New Orleans Bowl reps at the game in Jonesboro last night. 

Buff

Quote from: respirback on November 09, 2012, 01:05:29 pm
I don't think so.  Turning down a bowl game would be recruiting suicide.  That's the only way the players get a good deal of spending money, plus the gifts that come with it.  The team would turn on our administration and riot.

If they wanted a bowl game then they damn well should have been playing like they wanted it all season.  Let them get bleeding [CENSORED] if they want to.  They had their chance to put away 2 games in freaking Little Rock and couldn't.  If they refused to muster a little bit of testicular fortitude to win home games against less talented teams then this team doesn't deserve a bowl.

Arkstfan

Quote from: roothog229 on November 09, 2012, 05:40:48 pm
Liberty Bowl contract calls for C-USA vs. SEC with the alternate being from the Big East (generally #5). Sun Belt has no tie-in to Liberty Bowl; only NOLA, GoDaddy and BBVA Compass only if Big East can't fill obligations.

If Ark. State radio said it, their research dept. is pretty sad.

The Liberty wasn't scouting the game for grins.

Everyone in the college athletic world knows the Liberty is sending CUSA packing come 2014 when the contract is up.

Right now the odds are significant that there will not be 70 bowl eligible teams and if there are it will be on the money with some serious horse-trading going on.

Seven bowls are run by ESPN and they are going to force horse-trading on a number of bowls. The last bowl to stand up to ESPN was the Independence who didn't want to move further down the order with the SEC to favor the ESPN run Birmingham game. ESPN cut the rights fee for the Independence and moved them for a time to ESPN2, they got moved to a weekday afternoon slot and lost their SEC spot and then got it back behind Birmingham.

C-USA has taken over the operation of Heart of Dallas which is stuck on ESPNU. If ESPN were to offer to pay more in the future and move it on to ESPN or ESPN2 in a trade you think CUSA says no?

Otter5847

Quote from: razorson on November 09, 2012, 12:30:06 pm
Hogs vs A-State stated on ASU postgame radio. Just passin it on. :puke:
I would personally like to see that Cowboys - Steelers rematch of the seventies.  Swan could never make that catch again!   ;)

zumhog

Quote from: kingofdequeen on November 09, 2012, 02:17:05 pm
exactly.  IF they did get eligible that means they beat 2 or 3 teams that would beat just about anyone in the land.  but you're scared to tee it up against Highschool and his oopty-oop offense?
Plus 1

Westcoasthog

The Liberty Bowl would be a great match up Arkansas vrs. Arkansas State. 
Arkansas State looks a lot like the Oregon Ducks with their speed from watching
the Arkansas State - Louisiana Monroe last night on ESPNU.

Murr

Quote from: Broadway Rob on November 09, 2012, 02:09:56 pm
I think it depends on the new coach.  If he isn't considered a home run with and a great recruiter, then Arkansas State could start pulling some in state guys from U of A I think.

If the player prefers AState over UA, would you really want them? lol

dhornjr1

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 09, 2012, 01:15:23 pm

Only if you go find Stephon Moore somewhere and bring him back to deliberately throw an elbow into an ASU players face.

+1