Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN & AL.Com Articles on Chris Humes picking Arkansas

Started by Section123, January 18, 2012, 07:53:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redeye

Quote from: mmhogs17 on January 18, 2012, 08:20:05 pm
There might have been some merit to the "Coaches won't take any committments until after the 20th weekend." stuff.

Or maybe they are taking commitments, but refusing to release them yet until problems are worked out, such as grade issues.

Huds_HawgTide

24/7 has chris humes as listed to have arkansas as favorite with hot meter in the dark red
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

RazorPiggie

Quote from: tophawgwatcher on January 19, 2012, 12:35:55 am
24/7 has chris humes as listed to have arkansas as favorite with hot meter in the dark red

On their timeline it says he committed 1/15

Tim Harris

I know most people think we are just going to start cutting people lose from scholarships that are already committed but I don't see it happening.  We will lose some from grades but that is about it.  There are 20 visitors this weekend but only 10 of those aren't already committed to the Hogs.  Last weekend had 6 not committed to us.  That is 16 guys who we have a shot at for 6 spots.  You can make a little wiggle room if you had to but we are nowhere near that time in my opinion.

spankinbacon

Just depends whether he takes the red pill or the blue pill it appears

whosiskid

I have to confess to being totally baffled. I don't remember things being this unsettled going into the last couple of weeks of recruiting. I mean, maybe there would be 2 or 3 players up in the air, but this is just nutty.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Oklahawg

Quote from: whosiskid on January 19, 2012, 07:17:58 am
I have to confess to being totally baffled. I don't remember things being this unsettled going into the last couple of weeks of recruiting. I mean, maybe there would be 2 or 3 players up in the air, but this is just nutty.

We've been headed this direction for a while. Its a fun, if not somewhat bizarre, feeling.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Tim Harris

Quote from: ImHogginIt on January 19, 2012, 08:11:26 am
What ? You don't remember every year Nutt was here and we were scrambling to offer plan C recruits in the last weeks because our plan B's were choosing to go elsewhere  ;D

By this late in the process we were usually well past plan C.

Tai_Mai_Shu

Quote from: spankinbacon on January 19, 2012, 07:11:47 am
Just depends whether he takes the red pill or the blue pill it appears

LOL, great Matrix reference.

Lame Kiffin

Went to middle and part of High School with Chris. Cool kid. Texted him this morning and he said he's not kidding around..

but just to grind your gears, he's a big LSU fan
These pretzels, are makin me thirsty

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Hogger

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 18, 2012, 09:24:36 pm
Good grief, i like this kid offers. did not know he was even an option.
                                Just a few of his offers
                      ----------------------------------------
Oklahoma
Nebraska
Miami
Ohio State(Paul Haynes may have something to do with this one)
Purdue
Ole Miss
Miss.State
TCU
and they have this kid high on us. Man O Man.

How in the HADES is this kid not at least a 4-star??????

Oklahawg

Quote from: Hogger on January 19, 2012, 10:11:44 pm
How in the HADES is this kid not at least a 4-star??????

No Auburn or Bama, the in-state schools.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra