Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN & AL.Com Articles on Chris Humes picking Arkansas

Started by Section123, January 18, 2012, 07:53:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Section123

January 18, 2012, 07:53:57 pm Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 08:05:44 pm by Section123
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/on-the-trail/post?id=5939&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fblog%2fncfrecruiting%2fon-the-trail%2fpost%3fid%3d5939

"I committed on the spot. When we were about to depart, I met with coach (Bobby) Petrino, coach (Paul) Haynes and coach (Kevin) Peoples. My mom was in there and we talked about me coming to Arkansas. I was like, I really want to come to Arkansas and they really wanted me there so we sealed the deal on Sunday Morning."

Here is the article from AL.com on his commitment:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/01/chris_humes_of_spain_park_comm.html

RazorCrackFan

The Hogfather

Piggie Does Dallas

Piggie Does Dallas

Spain Park's Chris Humes has friends on the football team at Arkansas, including Spain Park alumnus Jeremiah Jackson and Maudrecus Humphrey of Hoover.

"I could use those guys as a resource because the guys at Arkansas are going to be completely honest," Humes said. "They're going to tell you the good and the bad. I could call out to those guys if I needed to but I just saw it for myself and I was impressed with Arkansas this past weekend."

Impressed enough that the 6-foot, 190-pound Jaguar defensive back committed to Arkansas during his weekend visit to Fayetteville.

"I committed on the spot," he said. "When we were about to depart, I met with coach (Bobby) Petrino, coach (Paul) Haynes and coach (Kevin) Peoples. My mom was in there and we talked about me coming to Arkansas. I was like, I really want to come to Arkansas and they really wanted me there so we sealed the deal on Sunday morning."

mmhogs17

I can't imagine us not taking a CB with offers from Auburn, UGA, Tennessee, Miss St, and others.

RazorCrackFan

Whats weird is none of the recruiting gurus will say anything ab it but yet its all over his twitter and all of these other sites. I think they know something but dont wanna spill the beans just yet...

BrokenArrowHogs

I know they are juggling the final numbers.  Makes you wonder what the deal is with kids coming out of last weekend very excited about AR, yet no announcements by the university.  The numbers don't work.  Some existing commits may end of elsewhere if AR gets flooded with commits these last 2 weeks.  Will be interesting to see how it shakes out. 

I can't imagine AR not loading up on some of these solid Defense recruits that want to come to the hill. 

You gotta believe there must be a number of "contingent" offers being made based on these last 2 weeks. 

forrest city joe

I have no proof, but here is what i think happen. I think Humes is telling the truth and he has commited to Arkansas.i also think(and Hope) Hines, Harper and Hankins my have commited. everything is just to quiet on the Hill. i now think Humes is a HOG.

BrokenArrowHogs

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 18, 2012, 08:11:13 pm
I have no proof, but here is what i think happen. I think Humes is telling the truth and he has commited to Arkansas.i also think(and Hope) Hines, Harper and Hankins my have commited. everything is just to quiet on the Hill. i now think Humes is a HOG.

I agree.  But for all those numbers to work, AND AR pick up some of the other key recruits they are still after, some of the guys previously committed will have to go elsewhere.  Hopefully, they have good plan Bs lined up.  That part of recruiting sucks for kids who wanted to come to the Hill. 

COCHISE

Lol...the kid is sitting there saying he committed on the spot and met with the coaches Sunday morning and sealed the deal, yet some of you won't believe it until some guy at Rivals confirms it?

mmhogs17

There might have been some merit to the "Coaches won't take any committments until after the 20th weekend." stuff.

mmhogs17

Quote from: 870 RZR on January 18, 2012, 08:18:11 pm
Lol...the kid is sitting there saying he committed on the spot and met with the coaches Sunday morning and sealed the deal, yet some of you won't believe it until some guy at Rivals confirms it?

More so RD hasn't reported it.

Bigdavis

Quote from: 870 RZR on January 18, 2012, 08:18:11 pm

I know for a fact that if Petrino had his way the Otis Kirks of the world would never know anything...

zorbacks06

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 18, 2012, 08:11:13 pm

Hope -Humes-Hines-Harper-Hankins---Hogs= Happy

forrest city joe

I posted this in another thread. i could be wrong about this. but this is how i think this is going to go. some fans won't like it, but we will not turn down a great player.some commited recruits are going to be told to look else where. i don't know who. but i think this is going to happen.after this weekend's visits.(depending on who wants to come) all hell is about to break loose.

The_Boot_stops_here

so does this kid REALLY have offers from Bama, Aubbie and UGA?....first I've heard of those offers

Tortfeasor

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

mmhogs17

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 18, 2012, 08:28:42 pm
so does this kid REALLY have offers from Bama, Aubbie and UGA?....first I've heard of those offers

Not Bama, but UGA and Auburn. That is 1st hand info.

swinetologist1

Sans Bama I think that's correct
"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

forrest city joe

I don't care who he has an offer from. if he's good enough for CBP and his new DC Paul Haynes. he's good enough for me.  http://rivals.yahoo.com/stanford/football/recruiting/player-Chris-Humes-121750

The_Boot_stops_here

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 18, 2012, 08:47:02 pm
I don't care who he has an offer from. if he's good enough for CBP and his new DC Paul Haynes. he's good enough for me.  http://rivals.yahoo.com/stanford/football/recruiting/player-Chris-Humes-121750

yes Joe, you've made that point abundantly clear over the past month or so...but guess what, I would rather have a kid with offers from UGA, Aubbie and the like than one without those offers....the more SEC offers the better...if you disagree, that just makes you wrong

COCHISE

Quote from: mmhogs17 on January 18, 2012, 08:20:33 pm
More so RD hasn't reported it.
Agreed. Nevertheless, Chris Humes is committed to the University of Arkansas. Whether we are committed to him at this point remains to be seen but "sealed the deal" certainly sounds like we are. I will say this, if we are telling a player the caliber of Humes to "hold on", our recruiting class is about to get scary good.

fullfan

I know it sounds cold when dealing with young men but when you catch your limit you start culling when you bring in bigger fish.

I think we may see some limited culling.

forrest city joe

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 18, 2012, 08:50:25 pm
yes Joe, you've made that point abundantly clear over the past month or so...but guess what, I would rather have a kid with offers from UGA, Aubbie and the like than one without those offers....the more SEC offers the better...if you disagree, that just makes you wrong
Nothing wrong with that. i like his offers too. but i like more what they do when they get here.

forrest city joe

Quote from: 870 RZR on January 18, 2012, 08:54:08 pm
Agreed. Nevertheless, Chris Humes is committed to the University of Arkansas. Whether we are committed to him at this point remains to be seen but "sealed the deal" certainly sounds like we are. I will say this, if we are telling a player the caliber of Humes to "hold on", our recruiting class is about to get scary good.
I was thinking the same thing. if Humes is really on hold. things must be looking unreal for us. we may close out stronger than a lot of people think.

Hawgwild79

I know its all business and im all for getting the best players! This 25 player limit really stinks. A lot of these kids that have been commited for a long time, have really lobbied the other guys to come to Arkansas, it will suck if its their offer that gets pulled!

COCHISE

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 18, 2012, 09:06:30 pm
I was thinking the same thing. if Humes is really on hold. things must be looking unreal for us. we may close out stronger than a lot of people think.
May have something to do with this young man.

http://arkansas.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=120190

Hawgwild79

I have a feeling that the cornerbacks that we already had committed should be worried. Seems like we are still looking at an awful lot of corners.

iseeredpeople

there are also eligibility issues to consider. when you can only take 25 you have to be very certain.

Hawgon

It is possible that the new DC didn't care for some of our commits as much as Willy did and is trying to get some of his own.

forrest city joe

Quote from: 870 RZR on January 18, 2012, 09:12:35 pm
May have something to do with this young man.

http://arkansas.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=120190
Good grief, i like this kid offers. did not know he was even an option.
                                Just a few of his offers
                      ----------------------------------------
Oklahoma
Nebraska
Miami
Ohio State(Paul Haynes may have something to do with this one)
Purdue
Ole Miss
Miss.State
TCU
and they have this kid high on us. Man O Man.

Cure

Quote from: Hawgon on January 18, 2012, 09:21:04 pm
It is possible that the new DC didn't care for some of our commits as much as Willy did and is trying to get some of his own.
hammer meet nail.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

downsouthhawg72

I have been looking at W. Hines tweets & I think he is our's but just haven't said it yet. When all the dust settle Hines will decommit from MZ & commit to us. Humes will be a Hawg if he wants to cause he is a need player for our D.
DownSouthHawg

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Hawgon on January 18, 2012, 09:21:04 pm

This, or perhaps our two new guys had some in roads to a few new kids.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

The_Boot_stops_here

January 18, 2012, 09:30:47 pm #41 Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 09:32:24 pm by The_Boot_stops_here
Quote from: forrest city joe on January 18, 2012, 09:24:36 pm
Good grief, i like this kid offers. (speaking of Simon) did not know he was even an option.
                                Just a few of his offers
                      ----------------------------------------
Oklahoma
Nebraska
Miami
Ohio State(Paul Haynes may have something to do with this one)
Purdue
Ole Miss
Miss.State
TCU
and they have this kid high on us. Man O Man.
Quote from: forrest city joe on January 18, 2012, 08:47:02 pm
I don't care who he has an offer from. (speaking of Humes) if he's good enough for CBP and his new DC Paul Haynes. he's good enough for me.  http://rivals.yahoo.com/stanford/football/recruiting/player-Chris-Humes-121750

uhhhh, Joe?   consistency is the key bud

The Hogfather

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 18, 2012, 09:30:47 pm

I love consistency, but inconsistency is the best!!!!!!

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 18, 2012, 09:33:28 pm
I love consistency, but inconsistency is the best!!!!!!

no doubt it is much more entertaining

forrest city joe

January 18, 2012, 10:31:30 pm #45 Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 10:33:19 pm by forrest city joe
Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 18, 2012, 09:30:47 pm
Or this.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing wrong with that. i like his offers too. but i like more what they do when they get here.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I said i liked that we get guys who get good offers too. but i trust that if a player is good enough for CBP. he's good enough for me.i care about what they do when they get here.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

I wonder if they are not saying anything b/c they don't want recruits backing out of the visit this weekend.. They want all the studs they can get there..  5 scholie's left and 22 or more visitors..  Somebody's gonna get they feelings hurt but i likeeee!

RedyorNot

BrokenArrowHogs

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on January 18, 2012, 10:41:28 pm
I wonder if they are not saying anything b/c they don't want recruits backing out of the visit this weekend.. They want all the studs they can get there..  5 scholie's left and 22 or more visitors..  Somebody's gonna get they feelings hurt but i likeeee!

That is the hard part of this.  But, I agree with you and others on this point.  The numbers don't add up.  The silence is telling.  Some of these visitors will be HOGs, and some we thought would wear the cardinal jersey, won't play for AR next year and have to go elsewhere. 

I wonder what they do to help any guys "displaced" at the end?  Whether they help them find another school.  Hopefully, everyone gets enough notice on both sides (whether grades are a bar, or a recruit is now # 26th on the list), so everyone finds a seat that suits them. 

Danny J

Quote from: BrokenArrowHogs on January 18, 2012, 08:15:57 pm
I agree.  But for all those numbers to work, AND AR pick up some of the other key recruits they are still after, some of the guys previously committed will have to go elsewhere.  Hopefully, they have good plan Bs lined up.  That part of recruiting sucks for kids who wanted to come to the Hill.
Maybe we can hire out saban's temp services to find some of these people jobs in fayetteville till next season?