Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FIU-Arkansas St-7;00 ESPN2.

Started by Mrcoolhog55, October 18, 2011, 03:40:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrcoolhog55

The Red Wolves are 4-2 and are pretty good this year.I will be watching the games. GO Red Wolves. :razorback:

ChemEHawg

Thanks for all the info.  Will probably stick to one of the places close to the hotel so that if I have a few too many I can stagger back.  Nothing better than your kids seeing you drunk.  I don't look at it as a bad example but rather a cautionary tale.<br /><br />-Dwight_K_Shrute<br /><br />I can't wait to have kids...

booogaga

WOW, does ESPN enjoy have horrible ratings?
GO HOGS!

jry04

Quote from: booogaga on October 18, 2011, 03:57:08 pm
It is a Tuesday night with no other sports going on. What do you want them to do? Every week someone bashes ESPN for their crappy games on Tuesday and Friday, but i remember when there were not any games on those days and they had shows like World Series of Poker reruns or Nascar Now. Talk about horrible ratings...

RazorbackRon

Yes the Indians Wolves will need to stop their running qbs this weekend, but also for the forward pass as well.. Pleas somebody let the Indians Wolves know about this Darriet Perry,wild panther thing.... The Indians Wolves must stop the run first.... Yes I know FIU threw a TD pass on Akron last week , but i think FIU will try to run as much as they can... The Indians Wolves defense must try to stop both their run, and pass; easier said than done ; i know easy for us to say as fans.........
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

chiefsfan

ESPN doesnt have a choice in the matter.   When they asked Oregon to move around its schedule to set up a game with LSU in Dallas this year.   To do that they had to cancel a contract for 2012,   ESPN asked if we would be willing to play them.   We told them yes in exchange for a Tuesday Night home telecast.

and of course with our luck, its cold, rainy, and very damp.  Id be shocked if 14,000 show up.
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

NaturalStateReb

I think Arkansas State wins not just this game, but the Sun Belt this year. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

El Puerco

That's the prime Tuesday night slot right there.  I hear Erin Andrews and the Gameday crew will be there.

Verge

I'll be watching as well the GOP debate or maybe my wife will make me watch House... or maybe i'll watch a documentary about rocks.

booogaga

I will not watch this game for the sole purpose of " WHO GIVES A DAMN " arkansas st is a joke. the town they play in is a joke. their fans are a joke. period.
GO HOGS!

Gas Can

Isn't tuesday night high school JV football night?

El Puerco

Quote from: booogaga on October 18, 2011, 04:41:28 pm
I will not watch this game for the sole purpose of " WHO GIVES A DAMN " arkansas st is a joke. the town they play in is a joke. their fans are a joke. period.

You have angered the Red Indian Wolf fans....both of them

booogaga

GO HOGS!

elksnort

ASU just does not have the luck. Last year's Tuesday night game was in cold, rainy conditions. At least they beat Middle Tennesse down. This is an important game for ASU and FIU.

booogaga

I am rooting for FIU.

Then again its like I am going to watch the game anyway.
GO HOGS!

Craig O Squeal

October 18, 2011, 05:08:54 pm #16 Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 05:16:14 pm by Craig O Squeal
Quote from: booogaga on October 18, 2011, 05:06:09 pm
I am rooting for FIU.

Then again its like I am going to watch the game anyway.
Dude, it's just a football game...you've got animosity....it's the same as watching Toledo versus Bowling Green or Temple versus Buffalo...it's just on for background noise...

HogFanInBryant

FIU is a decent team....ASU is ASU....so why is ASU favored by 3 pts?  I am about to make a large bet I think!

booogaga

Quote from: Craig O Squeal on October 18, 2011, 05:08:54 pm
Dude, it's just a football game...you've got animosity....it's the same as watching Toledo versus Bowling Green or Temple versus Buffalo...it's just on for background noise...
has nothing to do with football. its my level of hatred for everything ASU.
GO HOGS!

ark30inf

Quote from: Mrcoolhog55 on October 18, 2011, 03:40:10 pm
The Red Wolves are 4-2 and are pretty good this year.I will be watching the games. GO Red Wolves. :razorback:

Thanks Mrcoolhog.  Hopefully our state has the best football year ever all around.

ExArky

Quote from: El Puerco on October 18, 2011, 04:46:05 pm
Quote from: booogaga on October 18, 2011, 04:41:28 pm

Jonesboro isn't a joke. It's the 5th largest city in Arkansas and growing in a bad economy. Pine Bluff would love to be that kind of joke right now. Not NWA, but not a joke. Lots of UA grads and fans there too. My diploma says ASU so Go Red Wolves.

pigfeet

Quote from: Mrcoolhog55 on October 18, 2011, 03:40:10 pm

This should be a really good game. Hopefully ASU can pull this one out.

wupigsuey

Always like to see an in state school do well. Besides..it's football.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

hogfan064

Seriously?  You guys are going to complain about a football game being on TV tonight?  I'll be watching and pulling for ASU.  This actually isn't that bad of a football game involving 2 teams that could be in bowl games.  FIU did win at Louisville this year.

Smithian

Nice gesture by ESPN2 to show a FCS football game!

dawginar

Guess a lot to do in the 'boro on a Tuesday nite. Is there a new release at the RED BOX????

HoggyCat

Shouldn't this thread be in the "non-sports" forum?? ??
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HoggyCat

Question:

How many of you Hog fans that "pull for ASU" live in the Jonesboro area and hear the garbage that spews from their fans?

Stuff like - "I'm a huge asu fan", yet "too cold and damp to go tonight". Or "I'll put my kid in the corner for doing a hog call". Or like Brad Bobo getting ON AIR and giving reason after reason after reason to try and get (begging) more than 7,000 people to the game. Then states "if you don't go watch live, then don't even turn the tv on the game". Or Larry Lacewell saying hog fans incorporating the color black into Razorback attire are "copying us. Black is OUR color".

I hate Texas, but ASU is catching up with that hatred.

El Puerco

October 18, 2011, 07:39:45 pm #28 Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 07:41:18 pm by El Puerco
Quote from: ExArky on October 18, 2011, 05:56:01 pm
Jonesboro isn't a joke. It's the 5th largest city in Arkansas and growing in a bad economy. Pine Bluff would love to be that kind of joke right now.

WoW!  Fifth largest city!  Today I left a real growler in the toilet.  Fifth largest I've ever wrangled.  A lot of people in Pine Bluff wish they could have choked off that mean alligator.

Call me when you can put more people in the stands than the JV squad at the blind and deaf school

elksnort

Some of you folks that criticize Jonesboro are jerks. I live here and it's a pretty good town.  I also like Fayetteville also, but cracking on Jonesboro is stupid.  I would put my situation up against the vast majority of you all.

HoggyCat

Critizing Jonesboro is ridiculous, ASU, not so much.

El Puerco

October 18, 2011, 07:53:02 pm #31 Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 08:04:35 pm by El Puerco
Quote from: elksnort on October 18, 2011, 07:47:31 pm
Some of you folks that criticize Jonesboro are jerks. I live here and it's a pretty good town.  I also like Fayetteville also, but cracking on Jonesboro is stupid. 

Single tear for the Red Indians. 
I take it back.  I'm watching the game and I had no idea that JUCO football had progressed so far. Personally, I hope that we put the glitter on our helmets as well.  Looks tough.  Like a damn bowling ball.  Sparkly.

Quote from: elksnort on October 18, 2011, 07:47:31 pm
I would put my situation up against the vast majority of you all.

Easy there, tiger.

elksnort

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 18, 2011, 07:51:21 pm
Critizing Jonesboro is ridiculous, ASU, not so much.
Fair enough. I'm still pulling for them though. Don't allow some d bag asu fans make you hate the whole lot.

wupigsuey

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 18, 2011, 07:26:32 pm
Question:

How many of you Hog fans that "pull for ASU" live in the Jonesboro area and hear the garbage that spews from their fans?

Stuff like - "I'm a huge asu fan", yet "too cold and damp to go tonight". Or "I'll put my kid in the corner for doing a hog call". Or like Brad Bobo getting ON AIR and giving reason after reason after reason to try and get (begging) more than 7,000 people to the game. Then states "if you don't go watch live, then don't even turn the tv on the game". Or Larry Lacewell saying hog fans incorporating the color black into Razorback attire are "copying us. Black is OUR color".

I live in Harrison but I'll pull for all the in state teams if they're playing an out of state. I was born in this state and love all of it. Not just the northwestern part.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

jfred59

Quote from: booogaga on October 18, 2011, 05:21:27 pm
has nothing to do with football. its my level of hatred for everything ASU.

If you hate them that much why are you so worried about it?  Get a life

elksnort

ASU and UA both have some dipsh!t fans. 

Heck, I'll root for UcA when it applies.

LRHawg

it looks like there's at most, 5,000 people there.. is that a normal crowd size?

El Puerco

Quote from: LRHawg on October 18, 2011, 08:09:48 pm
it looks like there's at most, 5,000 people there.. is that a normal crowd size?

For my high school

HogHomer

Quote from: wupigsuey on October 18, 2011, 07:59:21 pm
I live in Harrison but I'll pull for all the in state teams if they're playing an out of state. I was born in this state and love all of it. Not just the northwestern part.
Not to derail the thread but how is Harrison (football) team doing. I just moved to Florida this past summer for my senior year and used to play on the team, just wondering how they were.

GuvHog

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 18, 2011, 07:26:32 pm
Question:

I am originally from up in that area and return there to visit family quite often and I can tell you that the overwhelming majority of Red Wolf fans are also Razorback fans. Very, very few Red Wolf fans are as you have described but there are a small amount of them that are that way. Be smart and don't judge all of them by what a few idiots do.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

El Puerco

Quote from: HogHomer on October 18, 2011, 08:15:06 pm
Not to derail the thread but how is Harrison (football) team doing. I just moved to Florida this past summer for my senior year and used to play on the team, just wondering how they were.

Not a derail at all.  Harrison actually plays ASU this year.

wupigsuey

Quote from: HogHomer on October 18, 2011, 08:15:06 pm

Ummmmm..not well at all. New coach and all.

HogHomer

Never got to meet him but I hear they have some good young classes coming up from Jr High.

HoggyCat

Quote from: elksnort on October 18, 2011, 08:03:52 pm
ASU and UA both have some dipsh!t fans. 

Heck, I'll root for UcA when it applies.

It applied for me a few weeks ago.........

HoggyCat

Quote from: GUVHOG on October 18, 2011, 08:15:37 pm
I am originally from up in that area and return there to visit family quite often and I can tell you that the overwhelming majority of Red Wolf fans are also Razorback fans. Very, very few Red Wolf fans are as you have described but there are a small amount of them that are that way. Be smart and don't judge all of them by what a few idiots do.

It's not a few idiots. I've lived here all my life. The money people are that way. Listen to The Front Row with Budro, streams live from 7-10 on budrosports.com.

If you're a true Hog fan, or a true Red Wolf fan, you can't root for the other. The D2 teams maybe, but not the other D1 school.

Hawgrox

Quote from: El Puerco on October 18, 2011, 08:17:03 pm
Not a derail at all.  Harrison actually plays ASU this year.

Harrison comes in at -3.5.

Hawgrox

NAILED IT! Tied at 6 at the half.....what a game!

codeHog

6-6 game......poor Florida boys will tell their grandkids about the time they spent a horrible night in god forsaken Arkansas where it is cold and rainy :)

GO FIU, do not want ASU taking any room on my sports page

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: El Puerco on October 18, 2011, 04:46:05 pm
Only one of them actually went to the game.

Dwyane Wade

I am a Razorback fan but when I.lived in Jonesboro I attended several stAte games. Not because I am a fan, but because I love football. Heck, if I lived in Auburn I would attend a few Auburn games, I'd root for the other team probably, but I would attend. Because I love football