Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas v. Arkansas State

Started by dr_arkansawyer, February 15, 2011, 07:30:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Got_da_captain

NO matter how bad tamu was in 08? it was still at tamu and its still a big 12 school so i give them respect for that. THe texas onside kick the report says a ref thru a flag for too many men on one side of the formation.. after Game the refs appologized for the botched call.  #5 yexas 21 ASU 13..

This arguement really needs to end, for ASU wait and see how good freze is...for arkansas please play real opponents in non conference...tamu is as bad now as they were in 08

RAF

Quote from: Got_da_captain on February 23, 2011, 09:29:26 pm
NO matter how bad tamu was in 08? it was still at tamu and its still a big 12 school so i give them respect for that. THe texas onside kick the report says a ref thru a flag for too many men on one side of the formation.. after Game the refs appologized for the botched call.  #5 yexas 21 ASU 13..

This arguement really needs to end, for ASU wait and see how good freze is...for arkansas please play real opponents in non conference...tamu is as bad now as they were in 08
If you believe this, you haven't been paying attention.  TAMU will likely be ranked in the top 10 of the 2011 pre-season poll.  Arkansas had the #2 SoS last season (http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2010/Internet/toughest%20schedule/fbs_9games_cumm.pdf), according to the NCAA.  Our schedule is just fine, thanks.

Sivad

Quote from: dr_arkansawyer on February 15, 2011, 07:30:19 pm
Give me one logical reason that Arkansas will not play A-State annually. 
Frank said don't do it.

Got_da_captain

i dont care what number some computer spit out..(SOS)...tenn tech, ulm, utep really...and tamu has been pathetic the last 5 seasons there like lsu they have been pathetic too.

Hey Super

dont put that voodoo curse on us ricky bobby!!!!!!
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

hawgeathawg

Quote from: Got_da_captain on February 24, 2011, 02:14:18 am
i dont care what number some computer spit out..(SOS)...tenn tech, ulm, utep really...and tamu has been pathetic the last 5 seasons there like lsu they have been pathetic too.

Do you watch college football? The Aggies were 9-4 with top 10 wins over Oklahoma and Nebraska last season. LSU won National Championships in 2003 and 2008.

NeverYield

Forgets about Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, USCe, Miss. State and LSU... who is not pathetic.   Nor was aTm...
"You can take a boy out of ole' dixie land lord, but ju'll never take ole' dixie from a boy..."  -Ronnie VanZant

MM-gohogs

aka: Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville.

nutt huggers: glittering jewels of colossal ignorance - ME

"for all intensive purposes"--me, hogville taught me something today, thanks
missippihog: "I'm not arguing with you road scholars anymore. GO HOGS!"
hogfanwithms: "Georgia and Arkansas has no defense but Alabama does!"
Karma: "MM, we such today and unfortanely they are calling it like it is."

hawgeathawg

February 25, 2011, 05:13:43 am #208 Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 05:19:29 am by hawgeathawg
Quote from: benthere on February 24, 2011, 11:43:54 pm
No because Hog are afraid...afraid they might lose recruits..Money ..and the game...It all adds up to being afraid...no matter how you cut it. Woooo Pig...Chicken sh@t!!!!!!!!

This made me laugh so hard I spit my drink all over my keyboard. Yeah, right. When Arkansas State can bring something to the table worth taking, you let us know. "We almost beat Texas that one time" and "we won the Sun Belt once and went to the Bourbon Bowl" just don't quite cut it.

hogfan064

Quote from: aredwolfrazorback on February 23, 2011, 05:37:30 pm
A few years ago ASU went down to Texas and the game came down to an onside kick. ESPN even took note that the Longhorns probably got a homer call. I dont remember what happened exactly but I believe ASU recovered the onside kick but the officials said it did not go 10 yards. Upon replay this call was very questionable.

The reason you folks dont want to play ASU is clear. It would be a complete gut buster if we lost. But to say they do not belong on the same field as us is not completely true. As mentioned above, they are going to tough places and coming away with close losses. Pretty soon, they are going to come away with a big W (then will probably lose to Middle Tenn. State the next week, which is why they made a coaching change).But, for a team that some say should be D2, that is quite commendable.

Again, for you people that claim that they are terrible and whatnot, you have clearly not watched them play.

While Arkansas State has beaten a bad A&M team and played Texas close they have had plenty of bad losses to teams like ULL, ULM, FIU, Florida Atlantic, and other rejects in CFB.

Upsets happen in CFB and this is what happened when A&M played ASU.  A&M lost a game to ULL about 15 years ago. 

ASU is a bottom tier program and will remain that way.  The facilities are among the worst in the FBS as is the fan support.   There is nothing about the program that would make someone think this is a program that has great potential. 

Hogs and Bears

Quote from: Sivad on February 24, 2011, 01:42:21 am
Frank said don't do it.
Yeah...He also said Mazahns offense won't work in the SEC

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: Hogs and Bears on February 25, 2011, 07:52:01 am
Yeah...He also said Mazahns offense won't work in the SEC

...without a mobile QB.

And he was right.
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

hogfan064

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on February 25, 2011, 09:30:38 am
...without a mobile QB.

And he was right.

Chris Todd wasn't a mobile QB, yet Auburn's offense in 2009 worked just fine.  It was there defense that prevented them from being great that year. 

SgtPepper

If nothing else, this thread has certainly provided dr_arkansawyer (who started this thread) with a good primer on why many ASU fans despise the UofA and (some of) their fans so much.
The stAte's University

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: aredwolfrazorback on February 23, 2011, 05:37:30 pm

Again, for you people that claim that they are terrible and whatnot, you have clearly not watched them play.

And that large segment of the population, pretty much includes everybody.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Seminole Indian on February 23, 2011, 06:32:20 pm
Try to remember that this thread was started by a Razorback fan who is moving to Jonesboro.

As a Tennessee native I can say we played ASU and it was a good game. I could also be a little more direct about why your team does not play them but will go the way of political correctness.

Just because someone states that they are a Razorback Fan doesn't make is so. 

MTBrookHog

Oh no. Look at the top of the screen. That conference that doesn't matter is advertising on this board. That's going to get under some peoples skin that hate ASU.

chiefsfan

Quote from: hogfan064 on February 25, 2011, 07:13:22 am
While Arkansas State has beaten a bad A&M team and played Texas close they have had plenty of bad losses to teams like ULL, ULM, FIU, Florida Atlantic, and other rejects in CFB.

Upsets happen in CFB and this is what happened when A&M played ASU.  A&M lost a game to ULL about 15 years ago. 

ASU is a bottom tier program and will remain that way.  The facilities are among the worst in the FBS as is the fan support.   There is nothing about the program that would make someone think this is a program that has great potential. 

and with your vast knowledge of ASU athletics, your basis for this is?

We have as much room to grow as anybody, and our fan support is much better then I think anybody realizes
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: SgtPepper on February 25, 2011, 12:32:57 pm
If nothing else, this thread has certainly provided dr_arkansawyer (who started this thread) with a good primer on why many ASU fans despise the UofA and (some of) their fans so much.

Well that will certainly keep me awake tonight.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: MTBrookHog on February 25, 2011, 04:44:01 pm
Oh no. Look at the top of the screen. That conference that doesn't matter is advertising on this board. That's going to get under some peoples skin that hate ASU.

They knew advertising on a Sunbelt web site wouldn't get any viewers.  Advertising $ would have been wasted in that scenario.

hawgeathawg

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on February 25, 2011, 06:36:36 pm
They knew advertising on a Sunbelt web site wouldn't get any viewers.  Advertising $ would have been wasted in that scenario.

Quote from: chiefsfan on February 25, 2011, 04:57:10 pm
We have as much room to grow as anybody, and our fan support is much better then I think anybody realizes

If they have so much support, why do they need to advertise here?

chiefsfan

Quote from: hawgeathawg on February 25, 2011, 07:20:27 pm
If they have so much support, why do they need to advertise here?

I believe thats an SBC Tourney ad, and the reason its up there is Lanny's radio station is broadcasting the SBC Tourney from Hot Springs this year.
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Hogman2

Arkansas should NOT play Arkansas State!  Arkansas State should not be given the chance to play the Hogs!  they do NOT deserve it!  A State is a joke!

hawgeathawg

Quote from: chiefsfan on February 25, 2011, 10:17:05 pm
I believe thats an SBC Tourney ad, and the reason its up there is Lanny's radio station is broadcasting the SBC Tourney from Hot Springs this year.

Yes. Thank you.

Got_da_captain

Quote from: Hogman2 on February 25, 2011, 10:24:14 pm
Arkansas should NOT play Arkansas State!  Arkansas State should not be given the chance to play the Hogs!  they do NOT deserve it!  A State is a joke!

Im ok If arkansas will not give ASU a chance to play, But to say they dont deserve a chance is hypocritical seeing how We play a d-1aa and sun belt school every year!! We also have to be cautious with them bc they are ONE of the newest div 1 teams and they play hard. I will have to side with ASU on the last 7 years excuse that caoch was a piece of SHET

This conversation is a joke bc it doesnt matter

RAF

"RKansaw plays a week skedule!"
"Actually, the NCAA (and other reputable sources) put Arkansas' schedule among the most difficult in the country."
"I dun care what that 'puter sez!  It's the DEBIL!"

Priceless.

aredwolfrazorback

Quote from: hogfan064 on February 25, 2011, 07:13:22 am
The facilities are among the worst in the FBS as is the fan support.   There is nothing about the program that would make someone think this is a program that has great potential.

Worst facilities. Are you nuts? I spoke with two Louisville players after they came to ASU and they said it was one of the nicest small venues they have played. You sir, are clearly misinformed. Ever been to the Liberty Bowl or War Memorial? Hell even Miss. State? Yea thats what I thought.
With all the beers and all the cheers, I'm a hog fan for the rest of my years.

UA 2010
ASU 2008

Blue35

HatfieldHog

Quote from: dr_arkansawyer on February 15, 2011, 07:30:19 pm
Give me one logical reason that Arkansas will not play A-State annually.  I am a UofA grad, but I'm moving to Jonesboro soon and plan on supporting A-State as much as possible.  IMHO there is no logical reason as to why these two teams shouldn't play every year.  If Egyptians can peacefully oust an entire government, surely Hogvillians can get these two teams to play each other.

I hate to dissappoint you dude, but there are much better high school football games to watch than most A-State games.  Fan support for A-State is pathetic.  I live 20 miles from the staduim on Sadium Blvd.  You can get free tickets to most games.  I'd rather watch Harrisburg play on Friday night, much better show!

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

MTBrookHog

Quote from: aredwolfrazorback on February 27, 2011, 06:04:03 pm
Worst facilities. Are you nuts? I spoke with two Louisville players after they came to ASU and they said it was one of the nicest small venues they have played. You sir, are clearly misinformed. Ever been to the Liberty Bowl or War Memorial? Hell even Miss. State? Yea thats what I thought.
I guess most Razorback fans forget about the $60,000 check that Jerry Jones wrote at a fund raiser to upgrade the facilities.