Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UA ASU

Started by RedRock, November 20, 2010, 08:57:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveInArk

Quote from: hawgsalot on November 20, 2010, 12:45:44 pm
You guys bashing Dustin are idiots and this entire post is based on what someone thought they heard not what he said he wanted.  He's a graduate from UA and UA law, trust me when I tell you, he's pro whatever UA wants.  Anybody suggesting differently is the dbag.  What he said was the legislation, which he's not? 

You had a hard time with reading comprehension in school, correct?  99% of this thread has NOT been negative about him, and no one has seriously suggested he supported such a game.  The thread is about the merits of an ASU-UA game.  Chill out with the dbag comments.
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

CDBHawg

Quote from: sigpooie on November 20, 2010, 12:34:26 pm
As a state with only 2million people we really need this game.
Play the game in in WMS in Sept. It would be a party. And I think it might one day help ASU get into a better league. I would rather have them than MSU in the SEC West and it would help the state by making ASU a power house in the east side of the state.
Why do you guys only want one team in this state?

ASU in the SEC West??? Seriously? Over Miss. St.? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LSPRazorbac

I used to not have anything against ASU but after the constant whining about not playing the Razorbacks I have grown to hate them. 

Improve your football program and force a game!  Stop crying and begging for a handout.

ark30inf

Quote from: LSPRazorbac on November 20, 2010, 01:35:03 pm
I used to not have anything against ASU but after the constant whining about not playing the Razorbacks I have grown to hate them. 

There are a minority of both fan bases who are obsessed with each other.  It is pretty lame on both of their accounts.  But it is not a majority of either.

gostAte

November 20, 2010, 01:43:40 pm #54 Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 01:47:05 pm by gostAte
Quote from: LSPRazorbac on November 20, 2010, 01:35:03 pm

Improve your football program and force a game!  Stop crying and begging for a handout.

You know, I see more Arkansas fans whining about ASU's whining than I actually see/hear ASU fans complaining about not playing.

The Hogfather

Quote from: ark30inf on November 20, 2010, 01:41:36 pm
There are a minority of both fan bases who are obsessed with each other.  It is pretty lame on both of their accounts.  But it is not a majority of either.

There are NO Arkansas fans who are obsessed with ASU.  The only reason we ever talk about ASU is because they start whining about "keeping the money in the state", etc.

gostAte

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 20, 2010, 01:44:03 pm
There are NO Arkansas fans who are obsessed with ASU.  The only reason we ever talk about ASU is because they start whining about "keeping the money in the state", etc.

Who started the whining in this thread?

The Hogfather

Quote from: gostAte on November 20, 2010, 01:43:40 pm
You know, I see more Arkansas fans whining about ASU's whining than I actually see/hear ASU fans complaining about not playing.

That's complete chit.  As I said earlier, if no ASU fans came around whining, we wouldn't ever talk about ASU.

The Hogfather

Quote from: gostAte on November 20, 2010, 01:47:35 pm
Who started the whining in this thread?

It never comes up amongst Hog fans unless someone from Jonesboro or an ASU grad starts talking about it.

ricepig

Beebe, a term limited ASU alum has already told his faithful that he wants to introduce some type of legislation of this type. I doubt McDaniel would risk political suicide by doing such.

ark30inf

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 20, 2010, 01:50:10 pm
It never comes up amongst Hog fans unless someone from Jonesboro or an ASU grad starts talking about it.

The subject of ASU comes up too much on this board.....and the subject of UA comes up to much on ASU boards.  I wish they could quit each other.

nwarazfan

Quote from: Lard on November 20, 2010, 09:49:47 am
Dustin McDaniel is a major D-bag and if the people of Arkansas elect him as governor after Bebee is done then I will have to leave the state.

Yep. I've given similar opinions of DM except I don't have to deal with him since I'm already out of state. 

I prefer to keep things as they are between UA-ASU.

The Hogfather

Quote from: ark30inf on November 20, 2010, 02:07:59 pm
The subject of ASU comes up too much on this board.....and the subject of UA comes up to much on ASU boards.  I wish they could quit each other.

Again, 99% of the time, it is someone with ASU connections who bring it up, even on this board.  The other 1% is times like this, where an ASU connected person brings it up on the radio, etc.

malaficius

Quote from: TheRealShark on November 20, 2010, 09:28:00 am
Don't wanna get into politics here, but that is among the dumbest things legislators could waste their time on.  I'd rather they be out chasing hookers than try to dictate football match-ups.

While I actually would like to see the matchup, I've been educated on how it's not beneficial to the hogs.  But I completely agree with you Politics should stay out of sports PERIOD.

ark30inf

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 20, 2010, 02:11:04 pm
Again, 99% of the time, it is someone with ASU connections who bring it up, even on this board.  The other 1% is times like this, where an ASU connected person brings it up on the radio, etc.

If it's a new thread about ASU...its probably an ASU fan.  If it is a comment about ASU in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with ASU...its probably a Razorbacks fan.  It is very rare that there should be anything having to do with ASU in MMQB.

RazorHud

For any of you who think this is a good idea.......go ask on the bama boards how that went over with them, having the legislature forcing them to play an instate team(awbarn).
God bless the pessimist, for he brings extra ammo.

RedRock

Quote from: MM-gohogs on November 20, 2010, 10:07:05 am
really, doesn't the legislature have better things to do?

I agree with this.  I did not know that our g-ment could actually do this.

whatsshakinbacon

Not since the Great Depression have we seated a legislature that will be more focused on ONLY substantive issues than the one we have now.

If one rogue legislator sponsors a bill for the two teams to play it will die for lack of a second.  The newspapers will barbecue whichever person puts this agenda on an even keel with tax cuts and improved government.

Not

Gonna

Happen

Bacon out...

ark30inf

Best bet...let this thread die.

hog_fan

A-State fans only enjoyment is when Arkansas loses. Their team sucks every year so that is their only enjoyment come football season. Some are dumb enough to think they would win.

ark30inf

Quote from: hog_fan on November 20, 2010, 04:03:55 pm
A-State fans only enjoyment is when Arkansas loses.

Horsecrap.  I'm an ASU fan and I am watching and rooting for the Hogs every week.

jmiller337

Great!!! Just what we need, more government intervention! If the AD's decided its in both thier best interests to play the game, they would schedule it. The fact that it isnt in the best interests of one party (UofA), the two teams dont play. Next, they will want to schedule more games based on what they (the idiotic legislators) think will be best for the state. Read below quote by Ludwig von Mises.
The definition of Hell: The last day you have on earth, the person you became will meet the person you could have become.
Government interventions create unintended consequences that lead to calls for further intervention, and so on into a destructive spiral of more government control.
- Ludwig von Mises

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: sigpooie on November 20, 2010, 12:34:26 pm
As a state with only 2million people we really need this game.
Play the game in in WMS in Sept. It would be a party. And I think it might one day help ASU get into a better league. I would rather have them than MSU in the SEC West and it would help the state by making ASU a power house in the east side of the state.
Why do you guys only want one team in this state?
We're knocking on the door of 3 million.

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/05000.html

Professor Psychosis

Quote from: dxf04 on November 20, 2010, 12:54:05 pm
The first step to ASU becoming a "power house" would be to stop sucking so bad in their own conference.  They haven't had a winning record, despite their pitiful conference, in at least a decade, and they can't blame Arkansas for that.  Upsetting an AQ team isn't going to legitimize them, either.

In 2005 they went 6-5, but lost their bowl game.

I don't think this will happen, but, if it does, have it in WMS, and once Arkansas destroys them a few times in a row, nobody will want the game anymore.

Under Nutt, I was terrified that this would happen, because I could just see Nutt accidentally losing this game.  Under Petrino, we'd win by 30 or more each time.

ark30inf

Quote from: therightlegion on November 20, 2010, 04:23:22 pm
Under Nutt, I was terrified that this would happen, because I could just see Nutt accidentally losing this game. 

Terrified?  You might be putting just a little too much importance on such a game even if it were to happen.

BPsTheMan

Yeah. The government needs to butt out of this.

Hell, move the 1-AA game to Little Rock (late in the season too) and make ASU come to Fayetteville. Pay them no more than ULM. They don't like it, tough.

Tusks

so for the ones wanting the game.

how do the teams split the gate?   do the hogs pay ASU the same amount that UTEP got paid and give ASU the same number of tickets UTEP got?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ark30inf

Quote from: nutted on November 20, 2010, 04:42:30 pm
so for the ones wanting the game.

how do the teams split the gate?   do the hogs pay ASU the same amount that UTEP got paid and give ASU the same number of tickets UTEP got?

If the game ever happened it should be the same as any other Sun Belt scheduled team...UNT, Troy (I leave out ULM's ridiculous home game in LR because....it is ridiculous).  No different treatment.

Tusks

yeah but I want to hear it from the farmer/indian/wolf fans that are on the board.

Quote from: ark30inf on November 20, 2010, 04:45:57 pm
If the game ever happened it should be the same as any other Sun Belt scheduled team...UNT, Troy (I leave out ULM's ridiculous home game in LR because....it is ridiculous).  No different treatment.

ark30inf

Quote from: nutted on November 20, 2010, 04:48:44 pm
yeah but I want to hear it from the farmer/indian/wolf fans that are on the board.

You just did.

hogfan349

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on November 20, 2010, 04:03:07 pm
Not since the Great Depression have we seated a legislature that will be more focused on ONLY substantive issues than the one we have now.

If one rogue legislator sponsors a bill for the two teams to play it will die for lack of a second.  The newspapers will barbecue whichever person puts this agenda on an even keel with tax cuts and improved government.

Not

Gonna

Happen

Bacon out...

I would say, "not since the great depression have we seated a legislature that will" accomplish very little, but I think that kind of comment would probably belong in the Politics forum.

Tusks

let's play it then.  make it the only hog game in LR....all the rest are in RRS.

i also think the UCA/ASU should be in LR every year....so there's 2 sellouts for WM every year and all the money stays in state spent by arkies for arkies.

Quote from: ark30inf on November 20, 2010, 04:51:10 pm
You just did.

yellcohog

Quote from: dxf04 on November 20, 2010, 12:54:05 pm
The first step to ASU becoming a "power house" would be to stop sucking so bad in their own conference.  They haven't had a winning record, despite their pitiful conference, in at least a decade, and they can't blame Arkansas for that.  Upsetting an AQ team isn't going to legitimize them, either.

Exactly. Until ASU wins their conference and gets 7-8 wins a year and goes bowling consistently (which is beyond doable) with the Sun Belt Conference they won't get respect. Respect has to be earned and not given. This is coming from an ASU graduate.

gostAte

Quote from: yellcohog on November 20, 2010, 05:21:40 pm
Exactly. Until ASU wins their conference and gets 7-8 wins a year and goes bowling consistently (which is beyond doable) with the Sun Belt Conference they won't get respect. Respect has to be earned and not given. This is coming from an ASU graduate.

Why state the obvious?

LutherLindsey

Until we win a SECC, SECWC, or National Championship we are in NO position to be so arrogant as to think we are vastly superior to any program within the state.

Arkansas playing would bring the State of Arkansas into the 21st century.  As it seems now it is the only state in the union.  Doing so my dispel the image of being backwoods.

In Florida, Florida plays Floriday State, Miami. Tennessee plays Vandy, I could go on and on.

If the PWTB think that playing ASU is bad and that a loss to ASU would be devasting to the program, then the program is pretty weak

Tusks

If it would get all the games moved to Fay. but the ASU game...play it in LR....I say put a troy/utep/unt visitors contract in front of ASU now and call LSU and give them a new address for their GPS.

Big Papa Satan

Pay them?  If it's mandated, why pay them?

yellcohog

Quote from: gostAte on November 20, 2010, 05:24:34 pm
Why state the obvious?

Because while you may not be like some fans I know, there are a lot that need to hear it put in those simple of terms.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Can we as a state give the greater Jonesboro area to Missouri?  Maybe make the boot heel into a chunk wedge heel or something like that.  It would be good for all involved.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

RAF

Quote from: LutherLindsey on November 20, 2010, 05:36:20 pm
Until we win a SECC, SECWC, or National Championship we are in NO position to be so arrogant as to think we are vastly superior to any program within the state.

Arkansas playing would bring the State of Arkansas into the 21st century.  As it seems now it is the only state in the union.  Doing so my dispel the image of being backwoods.

In Florida, Florida plays Floriday State, Miami. Tennessee plays Vandy, I could go on and on.

If the PWTB think that playing ASU is bad and that a loss to ASU would be devasting to the program, then the program is pretty weak
Florida St.  Vanderbilt.  Arkansas St.

Which of the 3 doesn't belong?

Nevermind the fact that Tenner vs. Vandy is a conference game.  Your point would make more sense if your comparisons were valid.