Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

John Brady to Arkansas State, confirmed

Started by chiefsfan, March 18, 2008, 01:20:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefsfan

ARKANSAS STATE TO HOLD 11:00 AM PRESS CONFERENCE WEDNESDAY, MARCH 19, TO ANNOUNCE NEW HEAD MEN'S BASKETBALL COACH

JONESBORO (3/18/08) – The Arkansas State University Department of Athletics will hold an 11:00 a.m. press conference Wednesday, March 19, to announce a new head men's basketball coach.  The press conference will be held on the ASU campus at the Convocation Center auditorium.

The press conference is open to working media and the public.

The auditorium is located just inside the Convocation Center's lower red entrance.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brady is in Jonesboro today and has been spotted.   Looks like its official
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

intoxhog

March 18, 2008, 01:22:11 pm #1 Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 07:56:35 pm by intoxhog
Good pick up for them. Not that i think he is a great coach but recruits will know his name.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

Dwight_K_Shrute

You know if Nolan would have gone to A-State.  I would have watched with some interest and hoped that he did well and could find peace coaching again.

Now that they have hired this Jack A$$ I hope they 0-30 and get slapped with NCAA violations.  Just gives Hog fans more reasons to not like A-State.  A whiny school paired with a whiny coach.  A match made in heaven.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 18, 2008, 01:22:29 pm
You know if Nolan would have gone to A-State.  I would have watched with some interest and hoped that he did well and could find peace coaching again.

Now that they have hired this Jack A$$ I hope they 0-30 and get slapped with NCAA violations.  Just gives Hog fans more reasons to not like A-State.  A whiny school paired with a whiny coach.  A match made in heaven.

No one's fault but Nolan's that it didnt happen.   When he started requesting to bring his gun toting, cheating Son into the picture, and giving him the title of heir apparent, we backed off
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

intoxhog

March 18, 2008, 01:34:20 pm #4 Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 07:56:45 pm by intoxhog
Quote from: chiefsfan on March 18, 2008, 01:26:41 pm
No one's fault but Nolan's that it didnt happen.   When he started requesting to bring his gun toting, cheating Son into the picture, and giving him the title of heir apparent, we backed off

I think Notes needed another chance; a lot of time has past since that incident and hopefully he has matured as a person.  I agree with Dwight, had Nolan been hired I could have watched and pulled for them however it really gives me a reason to hate A-state. However that being said I believe this is the best hire they could have made at this point.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

TrojanHog

The intrigue of Nolan at ASU was there, not so much with John Brady...  I do hope that you guys almost dominate the Sun Belt...

The Boar War

John Brady will be a good coach at ASU.  He should be able to turn ASU into a powerhouse in the Sunbelt Conference.

HogBaptist

wow...John didn't have many options i see....

The_Champ

"oƃ sƃoɥ oƃ ¡ǝıooos ƃıd oooʍ

"If I could rest anywhere, it would be in Arkansas, where the men are of the real half-horse, half-alligator breed such as grows nowhere else on the face of the universal earth."

It's not about the Xs and Os; it's about the Jimmys and the Joes.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

BradyHolzhauer

John Brady is a great coach.  I don't like him, but I respect him.  All LSU did was make it to the Final Four.  This guy has tournament experience (albeit no championship).  I won't fault him for LSU's season...the injury bug hit them hard.  Arkansas State picked up a great coach, and I'm glad to hear they got this deal done.

LR Hog

I have always heard that Brady is a good coach and great recruiter but he couldn't get LSU to invest any money into the facilities.
Like a boss.

El Puerco Grande

I didn't want to play ASU, but now that Brady is there, I'd love for the Hogs to hammer him one more time.
How 'bout them hogs?

OTTER

It's a great hire.  Besides, his wife will give Red Wolf fans something to watch until the program gets built!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

elksnort

Quote from: OTTER on March 18, 2008, 01:59:33 pm
It's a great hire.  Besides, his wife will give Red Wolf fans something to watch until the program gets built!

I hear ya. Does anyone have a picture of her?

Pigs_In_Zen

That's a big drop in job level. Brady must have something in his closet we don't know about.

Or maybe he saw the red and saw Arkansas and thinks he's being hired somewhere else. I guess we'll know if he calls the Hogs at the press conference. That'd be hilarious.
Nobody in the game of football should be called a genius. A genius is somebody like Norman Einstein. - Joe Thiesmann

Kicking Wing

Quote from: hSv on March 18, 2008, 01:45:42 pm
Why hire a coach that can't win at LSU?
He's no Stan Heath, that's for sure.  For that matter, why hire a guy that people call a jerk who only one 3 games before leaving his team at the end of the season?  It's all relative.

centarkswine

I like this hire as well. He'll be able to build ASU into a good program.

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

DoggtownHog

Add me to those who cosider this a good hire. If Nolan wasn't coming then this is about as good as they could do. Brady has experience and brings a name to recruiting that ASU hasn't seen. I hope he does well there. I think it will be good for our state as a whole. Go Hogs.
How stupid a man is depends on where he's standing.

elksnort

Quote from: BigSexyHog on March 18, 2008, 03:03:03 pm
Not much, but I did find this.

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=7136956

Thanks, the women with the weights is quite hot, the ex ain't bad either.

I'll be interested in going to the Convocation Center to watch the Wolves. I hope he can get some players.

BayofPigs

good hire for them, i'm very intrigued and will be paying attention to ASU.

Wild Bill Hog

No one's fault but Nolan's that it didnt happen.   When he started requesting to bring his gun toting, cheating Son into the picture, and giving him the title of heir apparent, we backed off

Good decision by ASU to back off.  Nolan's ego remains his own worst enemy.  Don't recall ever hearing of any recruiting problems/rumors about Brady.  Think it will be a good hire for them.

farmhawg

Good hire for ASU but I wonder why Brady chose them? This just doesn't seem right unless he just wants to be at a smaller scholl with less pressure.

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Sivad

No one's fault but Nolan's that it didnt happen.   When he started requesting to bring his gun toting, cheating Son into the picture, and giving him the title of heir apparent, we backed off

ASU was smart not to step off into the abyss of problems that are Nolan Richardson.

Brady, because of his former SEC work, will bring them a little publicity in the beginning and blunt the despair over not hiring an avowed University of Arkansas hater like Nolan.

Cale

Quote from: TrojanHog on March 18, 2008, 01:36:41 pm
The intrigue of Nolan at ASU was there, not so much with John Brady...  I do hope that you guys almost dominate the Sun Belt...

lol ALMOST dominate. +1
Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 06:00:42 pm<br />Maybe we are a baseball school <br />

wholehog92

I think it's the best hire they could hope for.  I think Brady could have done better if he waited until the other schools fired their coaches.  With Noland, I would have wished ASU well, now I don't care again.  The Notes angle makes sense for why Nolan would be looking for a job again.  I hadn't thought about it being a start for Notes.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

ThisLittlePiggie

Quote from: LR Hog on March 18, 2008, 01:54:57 pm
I have always heard that Brady is a good coach and great recruiter but he couldn't get LSU to invest any money into the facilities.

Investing money in facilities doesn't really matter. TCTWF proved that for six or seven years.

wooo

BradyHolzhauer

Quote from: LR Hog on March 18, 2008, 01:54:57 pm
Thank you!  A lot of people say I'm a good coach, but seriously...a whole thread?
:D

On a serious note, I continue to believe that this hire was a great one for ASU.  He can take the Red Wolves to new levels.

PorkBrainz

I hope ASU has a lot of Kleenex in stock, they'll need it for that guy.
Go Hogs!

jgphillips3

I originally despised Brady, but my dislike for him faded over time.  He is not a has-been yet and is more in the range of a still-could-be so I think this is a great hire for ASU and he should have a lot of success in that league if he doesn't sulk too much about the down grading in job status.  If he rolls up his sleeves and gets to work, he will back at a big school within five years but ASU will have a major upgrade in the meantime and be better off for having him.  If this is a done deal, good for ASU.

deshahawg

He's a good coach that should definately help them.

hamsam

Great hire for ASU. LSU went to the final four under Brady. Winning the SunBelt should be a breeze.
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

bythelake

How much is he getting paid?  That will tell me a lot.

Tone

The key is not Brady himself but what assistants does he bring with him.  Does Pierre or Trealor (sp) land other jobs or do they travel with him?  One guy recruits and the other is a pretty decent coach. 

The interesting thing is that I think most of the people in Arkansas will be very pleasantly surprised with Brady as a coach in the state.  People on this board actually may start liking him. 

The Hawg Marshal

Rumor around town is up to 400,000, depending on attendance.

razor2008

Good hire for A State, of course Stan Heath would be a good hire for A state. It's all relative.

big boes

El Puerco

ASU Basketball.  Nobody cares, confirmed

barsquirrel

Misty Champagne aka Misty Brady.  Ex-striper bringing her pole to practice is much better than "Notes" bringing his gun and chains.  Good hire, I needed another reason to hate ASU.

PowderedToastMan

March 18, 2008, 09:06:32 pm #41 Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 09:09:02 pm by MuleriderFan
I still think John Brady looks like Otis from Andy Griffith.

WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

sooieet

Quote from: barsquirrel on March 18, 2008, 08:56:52 pm
Misty Champagne aka Misty Brady.  Ex-striper bringing her pole to practice is much better than "Notes" bringing his gun and chains.  Good hire, I needed another reason to hate ASU.

Shazaaam.

Justifiable Hogicide

Blue35

I have my doubts about the Brady hire.  Why hire a retread who is a 60% winner?  A good young coach would have been much better for the Red Wolves.

This reminds me of the Ray Perkins hire.

ThunderHog

Not a Brady fan, but this is a major upgrade for ASU after enduring Hooten's little brother.

the donger

Quote from: intoxhog on March 18, 2008, 01:34:20 pm
I think Notes needed another chance; a lot of time has past since that incident and hopefully he has matured as a person.  I agree with Dwight, had Nolan been hired I could have watched and pulled for them however it really gives me a reason to hate A-state. However that being said I believe this is the best hire they could have made at this point.
Mature as a person? Look who his Dad is.

Junkyard Hog

intoxhog

March 19, 2008, 12:23:29 am #48 Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 12:28:18 am by intoxhog
Quote from: the donger on March 18, 2008, 10:37:11 pm
Mature as a person? Look who his Dad is.

I can't disagree with you; Nolan didn't handle his dismissal in a gracias fashion. That being said would you if you seen the way the golden boy "Nutt" was given preferential treatment over you after you won 1 NCAA championship and played for another as well as had the best winning percentage over the course of a decade and the dork didn't even get in a BCS bowl?

I would be bitter as hell too. Like they say "hindsight is 20/20" but IMO Nolan was right to a point. It's a shame that we all didn't see it about 5 years ago. At least now we finally decided to have a total house cleaning up on the hill. Things are looking up for us now, I just wish Nolan and Notes had a second chance, they have done enough for our state to deserve a mulligan IMO.

ark30inf

1) ASU needs to win some championships to have any chance at getting the fans back.  Not so much worried about personalities as winning right now.
2) True that Brady will not be able to recruit massively to ASU at this point.  But then again it wouldn't be a cakewalk if it were Coach K would it.  So ASU needs somebody who can scrape together Sun Belt wins for a while ala Samford with what he has.
3) ASU gets a coach who has been to a Final Four recently.  This is quite a step up from the previous hanger-on no matter how you cut it.