Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How would you feel if Richardson coached ASU?

Started by VoR, March 04, 2008, 03:26:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BealeStreetHog

Nolan is going to be a part of UofA forever like it or not!  So when he is news it would belong as a thread.

Jack Tuff

Nolan, He can still call the Hogs pretty good!
Curly Pig Tail - Curly Pig Tail. ... Curly Pig Tail

TorsinAHog

I would be happy for him to get another job. it would be interesting to watch.
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

Dugann

would lub it.  I would be excited about it.

Look I always will be #1 a Arkansas Razorback fan.  However, I do like to pull for UCA, Akansas State, ULAR, UAPB.  I do myself pull for Arkansas State more then the others Even though I go to at least one UCA game a year.  Just logistics for me or I go to ASU.

I think most Hog fans are like that.  They do not hate ASU, they wish ASU well.  If Nolan goes there, well they would not pull hog fans from the U Of A, they would just have a soild following, and same if we played them.  You are not going take hog fans but you will build up another state school IMO.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

SkunkyMunky

More of a reason we should play ASU in Football and Basketball.
"Do you want to be safe and good, or do you want to take a chance and be great?"
Jimmy Johnson

"Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple."
Barry Switzer

nlrwildcat1

I think it would be great for asu and nolan. We might have 2 teams to watch come tourney time in a few years if nolan gets things up and running

Dugann

By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

TN HOG

IMO I think it would be awesome.  Maybe Nolan can help put ASU on the map.  The Indians were a Keith Lee & Michael Cage recruit(s) away from becoming a known team in the early 80's.  This could be similiar in a HUGE way.

Indians???
Play like a Champion!

NWAREDBUG

I would for the first time acknowledge them as a real program if he were to coach. I would probably try to see a game or two, only because of the respect I have for Nolan .

They would win and it won't take long, Todd Day could become an asst. and help bring in good talent from Memphis.

HOGPICKER

I'm an ASU grad and would love to see Nolan up there.  I haven't paid much attention to their bball program since Dickie was hire, but  I can't wait to see Nolan at the JSC next year for the Alltel Classic. That's going to be a hot ticket.  The guys that give me their UALR tickets will probably want to show for that one.  BTW, the JSC is a genuinely sweet place to watch basketball.  Most of the games I've seen their sucked, but the venue is great.
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."  Joe Theismann

Dropkick

Hope he gets it if he wants it. It will be a tough job for whoever takes it.

riccoar

Not a problem for me if he does.  I would love to see him come in and pick up the mess.  One thing for sure, he will pull some kids from Memphis.

Uncle_dad

Never paid attention to stAte, but with Nolan at the helm, I would casually follow them.

Joe Davis (USS Razorback)

It would have no impact on me whatsoever.  I am not an Indian/Wolf/Wolves fan.  Good luck to him if he lands there.

sonnysunshine!

Its time for him to get back in the college game, would hate for it to end like it did. Why not have two teams to root for and if Coach Shields can get it going we would have 3 teams. I see no down side at all.

IZAHOG

I would love to see him prowling the sidelines again.  Best thing that could happen to Ark. St. basketball !!!

Choctaw Hog

I wouldn't bother me one bit but I don't know why ASU would hire a 66 year old coach.  Also, the success of the Razorbacks will not depend on whether Nolan is or isn't at ASU.  He will have ZERO effect one way or the other on the Hogs.

Nolan is a very good coach but some or you act like he is a "can't miss" to turn around ASU.  Folks, we are talking about ASU as in Arkansas State, not Arizona State.  Some of you have some very short memories.  How good were Nolan's teams the first two years?  How good were some of Nolan's teams towards the end or his tenure at Arkansas?  Don't expect Nolan to work miracles at ASU.

BealeStreetHog

it is kind of funny Richardson replacing a Nutt!   GO ASU!   lol

Throwback1

He'll recruit Memphis and his competition will be a lot less...no way he doesn't at least make ASU "better".
"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

BealeStreetHog

Talk about a HUGE game!   Nolans ASU team versus Razorbacks.....  Serious tv coverage! They could play in Little Rock and have huge crowds with live tvs in Jonesboro and Fayetteville.  Most watched game ever in Arkansas!

bowlingdawg

The Only ones I hearing speaking out against Nolan coaching at ASU is all the other coaches in the Sunbelt Conf.   I hope Nolan gets it because he doesn't deserve to go out under the terms that he did. He is a winner and always has been.
Life long Hog fan
GO HOGS GO

NWAREDBUG

Is that a Sandlizard in your avatar? Ain't no pity in lizard city!

rzrgirl

The only time I was ever in the ASU gym for one of their games was the year the Lady Razorbacks played ASU. However, if Nolan coaches them, I think I'll show up to a few games. 

Some of my friends that are coaches and went to ASU were talking and they do not want him to be there.  All they could talk about was his bad attitude and the things that happened.  Like Robby H said, they forget about the National Championship. 

want2be

Nolan will help their attendance and recruiting. I think he will take it for a 3-5 deal with a cut on attendance income plus salary.

He can find another ranch in NE Ark and proof to the public that he can still coach.

kirk

Hope he does well if he takes it. Heard his name mentioned w/ regard to the Missouri State job too.

Uncle_dad

Quote from: kirk on March 05, 2008, 12:55:48 pm
Hope he does well if he takes it. Heard his name mentioned w/ regard to the Missouri State job too.

I would have to redevelop an affinity for MSU if that happens!  They would become my second favorite team.

lyon98

Quote from: Robby H on March 04, 2008, 07:03:32 pm
the man won the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP one year and got us back to the finals the next year! Has this been done at the University in any MAJOR sport in the last 50 years?!?     

UCLA: Basketball, NCs, last 50 years, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1995, I think so.
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

Throwback1

"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

lyon98

What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

Throwback1

Merle Hawggard

March 05, 2008, 02:24:25 pm #81 Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 02:26:43 pm by Merle Hawggard
good for ASU but it sure makes me nervous..he can still get it done, and if you look at the rankings, teams like Butler, Gonzaga, etc, are all building good programs. The big boys get the 5 stars, then they only hang around a year or two and leave for the NBA. These smaller programs get the leftovers and they STAY, LEARN, and GET BETTER. hmmmm
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"If I tell you a rooster can pull a freight train....hook his a$$ up!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" Terry Whitlock

bythelake

I would like to see Nolan and the UA come back together and let the healing begin.  It would be great to see Nolan and the 94 team at a BB game and let the fans and team enjoy our past successes.

It will probably take JFB being gone completely.  Maybe Long can put something together in the near future. 

How long will it take before we can enjoy our national championship?

Dropkick

I would feel like buying tickets and going to an ASU game. I live in NEA.

deshahawg

After having a nutt at the helm anything would be an improvement. ASU would definately get better over time.

phoggy

I would feel like maybe going over to watch a game or two.
Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Arkansas will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES. We ask that you now refer to us as OZARK-AMERICANS.Thank you!....Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.

Justifiable Hogicide

Glad he'll be suing and slandering them now instead of us.

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Throwback1

He sued and lost.  He certainly alleged something in his lawsuit that must not have been true, since he was awarded no damages, in trial or on appeal. 

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Throwback1 on March 05, 2008, 08:43:31 pm
He sued and lost.  He certainly alleged something in his lawsuit that must not have been true, since he was awarded no damages, in trial or on appeal. 

Didn't need to.  That's why we paid him all these years.  You keep thinking that Paw Paw, keep in mind where he was raised, was not a racist.  LMAO!  And we kept a goober named Nutt all those years.  Nolan hit the nail on the head.
We don't rent pigs

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Throwback1 on March 05, 2008, 08:43:31 pm

And I guess you think everything in our court system is just and right.
We don't rent pigs

Throwback1

Nobody is going to change their mind.  Just my view.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Throwback1 on March 05, 2008, 09:21:44 pm
Nobody is going to change their mind.  Just my view.

Duly noted.  But, on what do you base your opinion?
We don't rent pigs

hillhog

Whomever ASU wants to hire so be it, I just don't understand them being in a hurry to hire someone they can't fire.

Throwback1

Wayne, we've debated this in the past.  I, like you, I trust, was an adult when Nolan was hired, so I "lived" all of it.  I was a Nolan fan, but I hold certain beliefs based on my opinions and observations that you clearly do not.  I"m not saying you are full of s*** or that I am 100% right, I just don't see either of us changing our minds and not sure a repeat exercise in debate 101 will accomplish much.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Throwback1 on March 05, 2008, 09:28:42 pm
Wayne, we've debated this in the past.  I, like you, I trust, was an adult when Nolan was hired, so I "lived" all of it.  I was a Nolan fan, but I hold certain beliefs based on my opinions and observations that you clearly do not.  I"m not saying you are full of s*** or that I am 100% right, I just don't see either of us changing our minds and not sure a repeat exercise in debate 101 will accomplish much.

LOL!  Damn good point.  We will agree to disagree.   +1

Thanks for being a fan!  WPS!
We don't rent pigs

Throwback1

TY...and, I have buried the hatchet on the past regarding Nolan.  As I said earlier in this thread, if he and ASU can work this out, fine with me. I wish him the best...WPS!

jfisdirtybird

would like to see Frank go with him as mini-mee

Fun_Hoggin

BealeStreetHog