Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lacewell: Hogs-Tribe Should Play Because It's 'Right Thing To Do' (With Audio)

Started by hogginuplittlerock, November 20, 2007, 10:28:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogginuplittlerock

football is football to me; if their's nothing to gain from one game whats their to gain from another?
whenever theses young men first played football on their pee wee leagues, never did the fans gossip among one another about the coach or this player; they weren't playing for a BCS bowl berth, nor on ESPN primetime; never did you disregard the other team as "everything to gain'' and your team "everything to lose.'' the game was pure and was about the love of the game. i think we as fans, among the coaches and players in the college world seem to forget that.

i'm all for it-it'd be a great day for the state of arkansas to finally see the 'natural state showdown' happen on the gridiron.

STLRazorback

Quote from: HatfieldHog on November 20, 2007, 05:17:08 pm
The University of Arkansas "CANNOT" benefit from playing Arkansas State University!

There is no legitimate reason to play them.

See ya

This is the only reason anyone ever gives for not playing A-State. What do you mean by this? Do we benefit more by playing UT-Chattanooga? This game would be good for both schools. I just don't understand the reasoning behind this argument.

wkb

Quote from: STLRazorback on November 20, 2007, 05:49:29 pm
Quote from: HatfieldHog on November 20, 2007, 05:17:08 pm
The University of Arkansas "CANNOT" benefit from playing Arkansas State University!

There is no legitimate reason to play them.

See ya

This is the only reason anyone ever gives for not playing A-State. What do you mean by this? Do we benefit more by playing UT-Chattanooga? This game would be good for both schools. I just don't understand this reasoning behind this argument.

Agree  There is no way we gain more from UT Chat than from playing A-State.  Even if it helps A-State more than us, why not?