Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NO OSU in SEC - Coach Gundy lawsuit

Started by CPO Hog, August 12, 2011, 06:15:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CPO Hog

Just saw this on OKC local news. Apparently Gundy fired his trim carpenter for wearing an OU Baseball shirt. Cussed him out for offending his wife (by wearing OU shirt), then told him to pack up and get off his property. He is being sued for breach of contract, lost wages, and metal duress. First thing that came to mind is CBP & the Gator hat. LOL

Tony Perkis

Maybe I'm missing it, but what's that have to do with the SEC?

sickboy

Quote from: Tony Perkis on August 12, 2011, 06:16:38 pm

You're not missing it. You're getting it.

AppleHog

Quote from: CPO Hog on August 12, 2011, 06:15:44 pm
Just saw this on OKC local news. Apparently Gundy fired his trim carpenter for wearing an OU Baseball shirt. Cussed him out for offending his wife (by wearing OU shirt), then told him to pack up and get off his property. He is being sued for breach of contract, lost wages, and metal duress. First thing that came to mind is CBP & the Gator hat. LOL

Haha A blow for trim carpenters everywhere! I just feel alot better now. Especially after the KD ordeal.
Thanks coach.

We had a great time.

hoggusamoungus

Gundy should file a counter suit against the guy for using duressed metal.

CPO Hog

Quote from: Tony Perkis on August 12, 2011, 06:16:38 pm

There is conference realignment talk all over the interweb, and since you haven't noticed, several of them metion OU & OSU to the SEC. I was simply making a referernce to the kind of shanagans that go on with the OKIE schools.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: CPO Hog on August 12, 2011, 07:18:31 pm
There is conference realignment talk all over the interweb, and since you haven't noticed, several of them metion OU & OSU to the SEC. I was simply making a referernce to the kind of shanagans that go on with the OKIE schools.
Easy big boy, didn't mean to get into your feelings. I thought you were saying OSU wasn't coming to the SEC.

1836andon

Quote from: CPO Hog on August 12, 2011, 07:18:31 pm

Stretch

ChemEHawg

Gotta pull out all the stops to be relevant to an SEC school apparently.
Wow......

Our coach is so cool, he fired his grounds keeper! What what?!

Hahaha We didn't come here to paint, son!
Thanks for all the info.  Will probably stick to one of the places close to the hotel so that if I have a few too many I can stagger back.  Nothing better than your kids seeing you drunk.  I don't look at it as a bad example but rather a cautionary tale.<br /><br />-Dwight_K_Shrute<br /><br />I can't wait to have kids...

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Arkapigdiesel

metal duress
Is that a new genre of music?  Haven't heard of it until now.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

Tusks

OSU will never be in the SEC.....learn it....love it.....believe it....they will NEVER be a member of the SEC.....NEVER!!!
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Arkapigdiesel on August 12, 2011, 09:05:58 pm
Is that a new genre of music?  Haven't heard of it until now.

I think that is what happens to a car that is located for the long term around the Gulf region. :)
Go Hogs Go!

Blue35

DEVICEHIGH

Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

OSUHogfan

.......I guess I'll leave it up to this board to take the word of a dude wearing an OU shirt.  I bet he couldn't spell OU.  They're quite a bunch, aren't they?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: OSUHogfan on August 12, 2011, 09:32:06 pm
.......I guess I'll leave it up to this board to take the word of a dude wearing an OU shirt.  I bet he couldn't spell OU.  They're quite a bunch, aren't they?

Oh yeah, "Mr. Classy", Mike Gundy, would never do anything like that.  ;D
Go Hogs Go!

hawgsav1

Eh, I don't blame Gundy.  I probably would have done the same in his situation.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hawgsav1 on August 12, 2011, 09:38:59 pm
Eh, I don't blame Gundy.  I probably would have done the same in his situation.

You know, if I were the OSU Head Coach, I would love having someone wearing a shirt with an OU logo on it, performing manual labor for me. It's all about your perspective of the situation.

In fact, I would probably require my contracted lawn and landscaping company to wear them every time they showed up to work on my lawn.
Go Hogs Go!

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Root66 on August 12, 2011, 10:21:58 pm
Let me tell you about the roof on my house.

Back in November of last year, I called State Farm after we had a hail storm with obvious damage to our roof. Within a day or so an adjustor showed up at the house and went up on the roof to assess the damage. While he was up there, I looked out at his vehicle, a late model pickup truck with TEXAS license plates.

When this guy came back down and knocked on the door he state that, yeah, we had some damage BUT almost all of it was caused by squirrels...yep, I said SQUIRRELS. I looked at my wife...she looked at me, because I had told her while the guy was up there that if that SoB was really from Texas, he will not approve our damage. I asked the guy if he was from Texas or if that was just a company vehicle. "Oh yeah, I'm based in Texas, suburb of Austin". He is sent to Missouri quite often when we have hail storms and tornadoes, and such. This is no schit.  It happened.

You see, I have two vehicles with licenses plates or frames that look like the one below parked in my garage. And he was parked in my driveway right behind them.

Long story short...we had another storm with hail in March. I called my agent again (she had suggested I wait and call when we have another storm). She said she would have another adjustor sent out soon. I asked her if she could make sure that Texas SoB wasn't sent again. She laughed and said she would try. Sure enough the next adjustor was FROM MISSOURI. He came down off the roof, approved my roof damage for replacement and I mentioned to him that the last guy said it was squirrel damage. This guy was absolutely shocked and said he HAD NEVER HEARD OF THAT KIND OF DAMAGE being cause by squirrels.

I got a brand new roof in spite of that Texas sumbitch.
Root,

Thanks for that story.  I read it to my wife also and was laughing while reading most of it.  I'm like you, I don't trust texans.  They're a different breed.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

DukeOfPork

I got a good laugh out of this:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6857486/oklahoma-state-cowboys-mike-gundy-fired-ou-shirt

This is the lamest excuse this guy could have possibly come up with:

"...Loveland told the Tulsa World he dressed in the dark and was unaware his shirt had an OU logo on it..."

Does that not sound like Gork's silly excuse that it was raining and she just grabbed a random hat?  Personally, as petty as it is, I don't blame Gundy for going off on the guy.  That guy knew what he was doing.  He is either a wise*ss or he is that stupid.  And if he is that stupid, do you really want him doing $30k worth of work on your house?

southeasthog

According to the lawsuit, Gundy arrived at the house at 9:30 a.m. and spotted Loveland's shirt. "How dare you come into my house and offend my wife," Gundy allegedly said.

As a "man" Gundy had to go off on him. He is 40 years old.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: southeasthog on August 14, 2011, 09:41:34 am
According to the lawsuit, Gundy arrived at the house at 9:30 a.m. and spotted Loveland's shirt. "How dare you come into my house and offend my wife," Gundy allegedly said.

As a "man" Gundy had to go off on him. He is 40 years old.

Gundy is a moron. As I said earlier, if I were him I would "love" having someone in OU gear performing my menial tasks. Just goes to show, it is all in your perspective AND your level of self esteem.

Offends his wife? I guess she doesn't shop in many stores in Oklahoma where there is far more OU merchandise than OSU merchandise? This is a b.s. kind of thing and portrays Gundy as the true moron that he is.
Go Hogs Go!

southeasthog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 14, 2011, 10:01:34 am
Gundy is a moron. As I said earlier, if I were him I would "love" having someone in OU gear performing my menial tasks. Just goes to show, it is all in your perspective AND your level of self esteem.

Offends his wife? I guess she doesn't shop in many stores in Oklahoma where there is far more OU merchandise than OSU merchandise? This is a b.s. kind of thing and portrays Gundy as the true moron that he is.
I agree. Gundy is very much the moron.

slobberinhog

Yes what a lame excuse for the shirt he knew. Gundy looks like a real b-hole though.

PHill94

Offend his wife? Yeah I suppose watching OU anally rape your husband and his football team for the last decade would offend most anyone. You'd figure she'd be used to it by now but I guess she holds out hope that he doesn't have to bend over this season and take it up the tail pipe again like he's done his entire career.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: PHill94 on August 14, 2011, 10:32:47 am
Offend his wife? Yeah I suppose watching OU anally rape your husband and his football team for the last decade would offend most anyone. You'd figure she'd be used to it by now but I guess she holds out hope that he doesn't have to bend over this season and take it up the tail pipe again like he's done his entire career.

She secretly has a thing for Bob Stoops.  ;)
Go Hogs Go!

PHill94

But this is the same OSU team that is ranked ahead of Arkansas in both major polls. I feel sorry for that program, i really do. At least we beat Bama, LSU, and Auburn on a decently consistant basis. OkSt beating either Texas or OU is about as common occurance as seeing Halley's Comet. I would much rather face that school than have to play against Texas A&M

OSUHogfan

August 14, 2011, 11:07:46 am #28 Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 11:28:21 am by OSUHogfan
Look if you want to side with an OU fan on this, that's your decision.  Go love up to the Sooners.

The fact is that this thing started a very long time ago when an OU worker wore a OU hat to Mikes house.  Mike said "I don't care what you wear at my house, just don't let my wife see it."  Gundy was kidding around.  He's tight with the OU staff and his brother Cale is on staff at OU.  The fighting is between fanbases - not coaching staffs.

Some OU homer gets word of it and wants to rub it in Gundy's face and make a name for himself.  Reports are this guys gets pulled over on the way to Stillwater and the cop is going to let him off but he's a cocky OU fan that starts mouthing off so bad that the cop gives him a ticket.  (WHAT DO YOU THINK HE SAID TO THE COP???  BOOMER FRICKIN' SOONER!!!!).

This is total BS.  He had it out for Gundy from the start.  Like a coach in the public eye would further put his rep on the line for some dang OU fan.  Seriously?

Side with OU fans and make fun of Gundy.  Wow.  Never knew Hog fans would side with an OU fan.  Surely, there's some on your street? BOOMER SOONER BOOMER SOONER........Murray up the middle for a gain of 2 yards.....now it's 3rd and 8....BOOMER SOONER BOOMER SOONER BOOMER SOONER BOOMER SOONER.........

hydrophonic

Quote from: OSUHogfan on August 14, 2011, 11:07:46 am
Side with the trailer trash OU fans and make fun of Gundy.

Just because we know Gundy is a man moron doesn't mean we're siding with OU fans.

Besides, Gundy is the one that said "come after me."
"The future sucks." "Change it."

PHill94

Quote from: hydrophonic on August 14, 2011, 11:29:13 am
Just because we know Gundy is a man moron doesn't mean we're siding with OU fans.

Besides, Gundy is the one that said "come after me."

lol love it. I don't know the details and don't care to. Could care less about any team from that near defunct conference. My beef is with experts putting a team like Ok st so high up the polls when they can't even beat the only decent teams in their conference. Ever! And please go ahead and say they finally beat Texas last season when after 20 years of trying they finally faced the worst Texas team in program's history. So yeah I'm going to make fun of them until I get tired of it. Just like I make jokes about just about every overrated team that ESPN has butt love for.

therock1

Look if you want to side with an OU fan on this, that's your decision.  Go love up to the Sooners.

The fact is that this thing started a very long time ago when an OU worker wore a OU hat to Mikes house.  Mike said "I don't care what you wear at my house, just don't let my wife see it."  Gundy was kidding around.  He's tight with the OU staff and his brother Cale is on staff at OU.  The fighting is between fanbases - not coaching staffs.

Some OU homer gets word of it and wants to rub it in Gundy's face and make a name for himself.  Reports are this guys gets pulled over on the way to Stillwater and the cop is going to let him off but he's a cocky OU fan that starts mouthing off so bad that the cop gives him a ticket.  (WHAT DO YOU THINK HE SAID TO THE COP???  BOOMER FRICKIN' SOONER!!!!).

This is total BS.  He had it out for Gundy from the start.  Like a coach in the public eye would further put his rep on the line for some dang OU fan.  Seriously?

Side with OU fans and make fun of Gundy.  Wow.  Never knew Hog fans would side with an OU fan.  Surely, there's some on your street? BOOMER SOONER BOOMER SOONER........Murray up the middle for a gain of 2 yards.....now it's 3rd and 8....BOOMER SOONER BOOMER SOONER BOOMER SOONER BOOMER SOONER.........

Well said about the guy doing it all on purpose. I think the media is doing its usual thing, where it gives one side of the story, and EVERYONE becomes the expert all of a sudden. He is probably trying to sue because he bought too many guns and can't pay off his child support to his third wife.

BPsTheMan

I'd like to beat Mike Gundy with a frying pan.

SoonerInSpringdale

When it comes to things like this...dumb, dumb, dumb.  Some people take themselves way too seriously.  If he only wanted Pukes doing work for him then he should have specificed that before he hired someone. 

I also think the dude that got sent away is probably being a little dishonest as well.  I know whenever I put on sports team gear.  I would especially know if I was doing work for Mike Gundy what type of clothes I was wearing if they had a schools mascott on them. 

SoonerInSpringdale

And Gundy didn't realize what kinda stir it might create?  If a cop gave a ticket based on what team a guy follows then that cop should be fired.