Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maureese Wren

Started by Next1_04, September 22, 2017, 09:27:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Next1_04

Just Decomitted per twitter

The_Iceman

Ouch. Not a real positive vibe around this Bielema led program right now.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I hate to say this, but I don't fault him at all. The current trajectory of the program isn't great. Bielema is under fire and player development has come into question. Its hard for a player to commit to a situation like that
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

ADavisTheGOAT

We are a dumpster fire right now. Not a surprise.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

kaki

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on September 22, 2017, 09:34:15 am
I hate to say this, but I don't fault him at all. The current trajectory of the program isn't great. Bielema is under fire and player development has come into question. Its hard for a player to commit to a situation like that
and just how much of this negative vibe is coming from the fan base, but hey let's keep throwing rocks.

Peachy314

Looking at some of his previous tweets, he has known about this decision since Wednesday. Also, it appears he wants to play WR.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: kaki on September 22, 2017, 09:39:15 am
and just how much of this negative vibe is coming from the fan base, but hey let's keep throwing rocks.
Most of it is coming from fans but there is also quite a bit coming from national media. That's what happens when you end a season like we did last year and start the next season the way we have this year. Don't get me wrong, im a bielema guy. Have been from day 1, but I also understand that if he doesn't win, things can get bad. We're starting to see that now
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Razorpigg

Quote from: Hogfan991 on September 22, 2017, 09:38:06 am

Baylor, Texas A&M are examples of "dumpster fires". We are not a dumpster fire good grief some of you are very unhappy with you current life situation. Grow a pair and grow up for crying out loud.

RazorPiggie

Be interesting to see where he ends up.

ricepig

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 22, 2017, 09:52:33 am
Be interesting to see where he ends up.

I wonder if he gets a ticket to the game now?

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: Razorpigg on September 22, 2017, 09:51:26 am
Baylor, Texas A&M are examples of "dumpster fires". We are not a dumpster fire good grief some of you are very unhappy with you current life situation. Grow a pair and grow up for crying out loud.
10 more years!!!
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

PorkRinds

We recruited him as a DB and he wants to play WR. But keep up the "dumpster fire" narrative.  I'm sure it'll help.

Next1_04

Quote from: Hogfan991 on September 22, 2017, 09:38:06 am

Post Petrino/ JLS debacle would = dumpster fire. I hardly call the program where it sits a dumpster fire. Is it where it needs to be...obviously not.

Im going to go with 90% of it is from the fan base 8% media 2% Hogville.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 22, 2017, 10:12:19 am
We recruited him as a DB and he wants to play WR. But keep up the "dumpster fire" narrative.  I'm sure it'll help.

I thought OLB? Perhaps he wanted to take a visit somewhere? It sucks that Geather's wanted this spot and we wouldn't take him.

Wardhog85

The thing that bothers me the most about his decomitiment is not the actual decomitting part, it's that we wanted a guy who wants to be a wr to play lb for us. That's not the kind of mentality I want my lbs to have.

azhog10

Quote from: Next1_04 on September 22, 2017, 10:13:52 am
Post Petrino/ JLS debacle would = dumpster fire. I hardly call the program where it sits a dumpster fire. Is it where it needs to be...obviously not.

Im going to go with 90% of it is from the fan base 8% media 2% Hogville.
It appears the dumpster is just waiting for it's match.......

twistitup

Decommits are a serious red flag
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on September 22, 2017, 10:32:58 am
Decommits are a serious red flag

Dang, LSU leads the conference with 11, I guess we'll have to lose the whole class to catch up.

http://247sports.com/college/lsu/Season/2018-Football/Decommits

island hog

I agree unless there's a legitimate reason for the decommit...like really wanting to play a position that the Hogs aren't wanting him to play.

Next1_04

Quote from: ricepig on September 22, 2017, 10:40:01 am
Dang, LSU leads the conference with 11, I guess we'll have to lose the whole class to catch up.

Rice droppin the hammer

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on September 22, 2017, 10:40:01 am

Let's see how many more we lose...hopefully not many. LSU is looking more like a dumpster fire....lot's of tradition but not a great choice replacing Les imho

How many have decommited from us so far?

ricepig

Quote from: Next1_04 on September 22, 2017, 10:42:39 am
Rice droppin the hammer

Well, we generally have had the fewest to decommit, but it's a little premature to say "red flag" without getting the skinny on it.

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on September 22, 2017, 10:44:55 am
Let's see how many more we lose...hopefully not many. LSU is looking more like a dumpster fire....lot's of tradition but not a great choice replacing Les imho

Yeah, no doubt, we don't need to lose anyone, maybe he wanted to go on an official to lovely Lubbock or Columbia, MO??

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on September 22, 2017, 10:44:57 am
Well, we generally have had the fewest to decommit, but it's a little premature to say "red flag" without getting the skinny on it.

We have the fewest decommit? Where are they? Why are we playing walkons and FR all over the field in the two deep?

Player development may be our staff's greatest weakness -

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on September 22, 2017, 10:44:55 am

How many have decommited from us so far?

Click on the link and find out what every school's decommit list looks like, it's user friendly.

PorkRinds

September 22, 2017, 10:54:44 am #25 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 11:10:30 am by PorkRinds
Quote from: ricepig on September 22, 2017, 10:14:16 am
I thought OLB? Perhaps he wanted to take a visit somewhere? It sucks that Geather's wanted this spot and we wouldn't take him.

Probably so since Walker is his recruiter.

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 22, 2017, 10:54:44 am
Probably is since Walker is his recruiter.

We probably have the worst group of assistants in the SEC or close to it.

island hog

PorkRinds

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on September 22, 2017, 11:04:26 am

Take your garbage to MMQB.

rljjr

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on September 22, 2017, 11:04:26 am

OK, what group of metrics did you use to come up with that, or are you just making stuff up? I'm leaning toward you're making stuff up to fit your agenda.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I just looked at LSU's list of decommits. Most of them are 4*s, a few of those are a point or two away from being 5*s. If they were here I wonder if they'd be starting or on the bench next to the other 4*s

ricepig

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on September 22, 2017, 11:17:25 am
I just looked at LSU's list of decommits. Most of them are 4*s, a few of those are a point or two away from being 5*s. If they were here I wonder if they'd be starting or on the bench next to the other 4*s

I would imagine it would depend on if they earned the starting position.

Hook 'em Hogs

Ricepig, you're kind of on fire today. Good stuff.

870hogfan

My gosh the trolls made it to the recruiting forum...

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on September 22, 2017, 10:46:42 am
We have the fewest decommit? Where are they? Why are we playing walkons and FR all over the field in the two deep?

Player development may be our staff's greatest weakness -

I swear, it's like you've never read anything but HV.

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-recruiting-decommitments-bret-bielema-sec

Seebs

Wren is blowing up as a WR. Frankly I anticipated this for a while and time to move on to the next fella.  While the present climate does not help, this is a minor blip IMO.  When we lose Gooden, that will be when I join the chorus.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

mhuff

Quote from: Razorpigg on September 22, 2017, 09:51:26 am

Some. Are trolls

greenie

Hate to see a decommit, but it happens at every program...all the time, and is certainly not an indicator of any issues with our program, despite many efforts to make that extrapolation.  On the surface, it looks like Wren has interest in playing WR and we recruited him as a OLB.  No big deal, since it also sounds like there are some other teams gaining interest in his WR skills.  If this is all true, then I totally understand and wish him good luck.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on September 22, 2017, 11:17:25 am

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 22, 2017, 11:10:43 am
Take your garbage to MMQB.

BallHog1

Quote from: Wardhog85 on September 22, 2017, 10:28:56 am
The thing that bothers me the most about his decomitiment is not the actual decomitting part, it's that we wanted a guy who wants to be a wr to play lb for us. That's not the kind of mentality I want my lbs to have.
Since you obviously know a lot about this kid and what he's best suited for, I'm glad you let us know. Thank goodness we have people watching over the coaches shoulders to make sure they make the right decisions about who they recruit for what positions.
I should have been a quarterback myself.....

Next1_04

Quote from: ricepig on September 22, 2017, 11:41:26 am
I swear, it's like you've never read anything but HV.

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-recruiting-decommitments-bret-bielema-sec

Some don't believe there is life beyond the HV wall. Take it easy on em!

Bubba's Bruisers

Not surprising given current circumstances, although it's not unusual for a decommitment or 2 in general every year.  But the uncertainty of BB right now will probably lead to more defections unless BB makes an obvious about face and wins several games.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Pig in the Pokey

Just get Bohanon and we'll be straight.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Muskliketusk

Best of luck to the youngin. If he ain't got what it takes to be uncommon that's fine. February a long way away and that spot'll get filled. Specially when we start a run and rip off 7 or 8 more wins.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

dbankster

247 Crystal balls flipping to Washington

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Wardhog85 on September 22, 2017, 10:28:56 am
He plays LB for his HS team as well.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Razorbackers

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 22, 2017, 10:12:19 am

rhames

Happens every year to every school
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Tusks

It will be ok, that's the beauty of the 3-4.  You can interchange LB's.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit