Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pistol trade opinion

Started by TuffTusk, March 21, 2016, 11:40:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TuffTusk

I currently own a very nice Colt King Cobra .357 (stainless 4").  I bought it from a friend that needed cash, and got a great deal.  However, there's no original box, or papers with this gun.  I have been approached about trading it for a brand new Colt Delta Elite (with box and papers).  Any thoughts on this trade?  I've seen the Delta's around $1,075, and the Cobra's anywhere from $1,000 to $1,500ish. 

I'm on the fence about trading, but if I was to pull the trigger, should I expect a trade straight up, or should I get a little cash with it?

I appreciate the suggestions.
Making the world a better place one frosty mug at a time

H&D

If I owned the Delta I'd be expecting a straight up trade. You're missing pieces that make it a complete set.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

TuffTusk

Quote from: H&D on March 21, 2016, 11:47:40 am
If I owned the Delta I'd be expecting a straight up trade. You're missing pieces that make it a complete set.

This was my thoughts as well.  Thanks.

kodiakisland

The cobras are selling at a premium right now.  If you want to do the trade and feel comfortable with it, then do it.  If you are able to buy the Delta and sell the Cobra, you should come out ahead by several hundred dollars, even without a box or papers.  If you trade straight up, the other guy is definitely getting the better deal.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

DeltaBoy

Do the Trade with an additional + 200 buck from him. 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

TuffTusk

The trade was done.  I got the Delta and $100.  Thanks for the opinions guys.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: TuffTusk on March 22, 2016, 10:36:40 am
The trade was done.  I got the Delta and $100.  Thanks for the opinions guys.

Good Deal.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.