Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New day new post - FIRE MIKE

Started by SardisHog, January 11, 2017, 08:08:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SardisHog

Year six and we have gone backwards. Supposedly much better talent? Other people get on here and say they don't care but I do. FIRE MIKE and get someone who can coach and recruit! The end of the season can't get here quick enough so this can happen.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."<br />- Robin Williams

Breems

Quote from: SardisHog on January 11, 2017, 08:08:59 am
Other people get on here and say they don't care but I do.

If they're posting, they care. Don't let em fool ya.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

arkhomer

It was interesting to see CMA mic'd up last night vs. Ben Howland.  CMA is nothing but a cheerleader. Howland was actually drawing up plays, positioning guys, etc...  CMA is nothing but a cheerleader, and a poor one at that.

HogFansReunited

I honestly wasn't a fan of hiring Anderson because I knew everyone would expect him to fill Nolan's shoes and that wasn't possible.  I did support Anderson and his teams but I am to the point where it is time to move on.  It looks like we will miss the tourney again this year and that is unacceptable for a basketball coach at the U of A considering how long he has been here.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

nwahogfan1

I need a change..  But so many are optimistic of the future because of recruiting so will a change be made?  Maybe we can bring in a home run coach who will unify our fan base.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: Breems on January 11, 2017, 08:13:01 am
This is true. Don't care about watching this mess anymore. Still Care !

Big Boi

Like many have said on this board, you can't build a program with transfers, JUCOs, and projects.  It doesn't work in P 5 conferences. The JUCO kids are rotational good. Not led the program to the tournament good. I'm not happy at this point. Don't care for CMA staff or style. However if by some miracle he makes the big dance, I give him one more year. If not it will be time for change. 

Poker_hog

It's pretty simple.  We make the NCAA tournament or we need a new coach.

You have to wonder why MA can win uab and mizzou but can't win here.  Same with Bert.  I think the real issue is we need an AD that focuses on winning instead of PC Principle Long.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

go hogues

Quote from: HogFansReunited on January 11, 2017, 08:19:21 am
I honestly wasn't a fan of hiring Anderson because I knew everyone would expect him to fill Nolan's shoes and that wasn't possible.  I did support Anderson and his teams but I am to the point where it is time to move on.  It looks like we will miss the tourney again this year and that is unacceptable for a basketball coach at the U of A considering how long he has been here.
I thought it was risky as well but it's astonishing he hasn't been able to at least match his success at UAB and Mizzou here. With our resources, it's just, well, astonishing.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

The_Iceman

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Breems on January 11, 2017, 08:13:01 am

Maybe somewhat, but not in the same way. In the past if we lost I would be mad and just feel sick like I had been punched in the stomach. Last night I just kinda laughed and shook my head and changed the channel.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

JayBell

Quote from: Poker_hog on January 11, 2017, 08:31:18 amYou have to wonder why MA can win uab and mizzou but can't win here.  Same with Bret.  I think the real issue is we need an AD that focuses on winning instead of PC Principle Long.

Not really.  We've discussed his record on here before.  I still think Anderson was the perfect hire at the perfect time for Arkansas, but his record was bolstered by timely signings of players who he had long-standing previous relationships with and two really good seasons within a decade of above average mediocrity.

I think we all expected or hoped Anderson would grow as a coach at some point, but we're in year six and he refuses to change.  He had a great chance to develop a top program at Arkansas, but his stubbornness has worked against him.