Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where are we at with Mike's contract? Pay, length, buyout?

Started by john, January 10, 2017, 11:12:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

john

What are the details?
Annual salary?
Time left on contract?
Buyout terms?

I hate to ask these questions but I am getting curious. I hope Mike gets it going asap, just like I did 6 years ago, or however long it's been. Really getting tired of losing on our home court, being out of conference title race by mid-January, etc.

Maybe it's time. Hope he can turn this around & have a good year, but I'm tired of this. Arkansas basketball should be a lot better than this

hobhog

Love to know these answers. I want him fired regardless if no Madness and curious what it will cost.

As the saying goes, "why'd you divorce your wife and lose half your money?!"

Answer: "because it was worth it".

k.c.hawg

Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

hobhog

Quote from: k.c.hawg on January 10, 2017, 11:35:29 pm
$1 million per year through 2020.

Hmmm. That's doable these days. Especially considering it gets discounted when he gets hired again.

Marshfieldhog

Start with Jeff Long, time for someone else to hire a coach. Long can't handle it.

hogcam

hobhog

Quote from: hogcam on January 10, 2017, 11:51:03 pm
Need the BOT to fire long.

Not going to happen. He hired Mike at everyone's insistence. It just didn't work out. He will be AD for a while and needs to make a good hire.

Sivad

Quote from: hobhog on January 10, 2017, 11:52:44 pm
Not going to happen. He hired Mike at everyone's insistence. It just didn't work out. He will be AD for a while and needs to make a good hire.
True. The nostalgic but ill-advised Mike Anderson hire was forced on Long.

HogBreath

Time to cut bait.  Razorback basketball is deader than fried chicken.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Razorod

Quote from: k.c.hawg on January 10, 2017, 11:35:29 pm
$1 million per year through 2020.
Is it 1million per year for three years or 1million lump sum regardless of which year he's let go? Same language is used if Anderson leaves the UA. Hard to imagine he'd owe 1million for three years.

Just asking for clarity from those who read contracts on a regular basis.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

MountieDawg

The problem is MA hates criticism so he stacks the front end with more cupcakes then Rick's Bakery and does not prepare the team for conf play... They could out athlete the cupcakes and its tougher to out athlete the guys in the SEC, as bad as the SEC is it does have athletes...  I thought MA would be a good hire but he is trying to run Nolan's style and he doesnt have Nolans fire.   The university should ban him from being Miked UP, it really shows his lack of ability to make adjustments.  Usually just go hard and fight...
SEC!

userpick

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Razorod on January 11, 2017, 06:39:19 am
Is it 1million per year for three years or 1million lump sum regardless of which year he's let go? Same language is used if Anderson leaves the UA. Hard to imagine he'd owe 1million for three years.

Just asking for clarity from those who read contracts on a regular basis.

Well at this point it $1m for 4 years ($4m) and yes he would pay the exact same if he left after this year ($4m). Why would he agree to such..........because he knows he isn't leaving. He has $8.8m in salary over 4 years or $4m for doing nothing. WTH would you not accept them putting in a buyout if you leave when you know you aren't in demand by any school that would pay you $2.2m per year.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.