Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So Simple!!!!

Started by RagingHawgOn, January 10, 2017, 11:02:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RagingHawgOn

One needs to do nothing more than listen in on MA's timeout "talks."

Good GAWD!!!!!! WTH happened to the white board, X's and O's, COACHING?!?!?! 

Screw this. Give me a COACH! A TEACHER!!!!

Hawg Life

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on January 10, 2017, 11:02:49 pm

We should've hired Buzz Williams, but we had to heal. Sad thing is MANY on here wanted MA. I didn't.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 10, 2017, 11:04:17 pm
We should've hired Buzz Williams, but we had to heal. Sad thing is MANY on here wanted MA. I didn't.

Buzz was my choice as well.

RagingHawgOn

And let's throw FUNDAMENTALS out!!  No need to coach THOSE up! Sickening.

SONofHAM

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 10, 2017, 11:04:17 pm
i was on the Buzz wagon.  He was my top choice.
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

Sivad

Even having seen and heard Anderson's embarrassing game gibberish before (they punkin' you) tonight's sad live "coaching" was shocking.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Sivad on January 10, 2017, 11:10:57 pm
Even having seen and heard Anderson's embarrassing game gibberish before (they punkin' you) tonight's sad live "coaching" was shocking.

The Misery Continues by the hour, day, week, month, and years and years.

Porked Tongue

He's essentially a glorified cheerleader.

hobhog

Compare it to other coaches who were miked up this year and it is truly sad......

HogInThaGrove

To Barford:

"You know the guy you guarding is left handed, right?"

Seriously, right before tip, that's when we're discussing this?  What this shows, as is painfully clear, is:

There is absolutely NO film work being done.

There is absolutely NO game planning being done.

The kids are not being made to watch film to help themselves learn the tendencies of the players they will be playing.

Our ridiculous switch on every screen defense does not allow us to have certain players focus on defending certain players on the other team.  If you watch film, guard someone most of the game, you will see them develop tendencies that may help you in a late game situation... we cannot do that because of our switching.

Other things that bother me:

Boxing out. 
NONE.  Disgusting.  I'm 5'10" and played against 6'4" and above and I can block them out no problem to where it's either my ball or they will be over my back and foul me to get it.  Our coach used to make us block out so hard that the ball had to bounce once before we could get it and if the offense got it we had to run/pushups/etc...  If rebounding isn't a priority, then winning isn't a priority.  They go hand-in-hand.

Screens:
Our screens are lazy and ineffective.  They do not deter the defensive player and the reason is 2 fold.  #1, bad technique and #2, horrible use of the offensive player using the screen.  The ole "Rub shoulders" with the screener is as effective today as it was back in the day.  If you wanna see someone use screens to perfection, watch J.J. Redick's college tapes.  He his so many 3's because he used screens to perfection.  He wasn't particularly fast, just efficient.  Dusty could do this too if he were coached in any way. 

Help side defense:
None

Court Awareness:
NONE.  See bounce bass through lane between two razorbacks including the "preseason player of the year" (literally the biggest joke ever) for a dunk.

IQ:
What's that?

In-game Adjustments:
Nope.

Fundamentals:
Atrocious

Conclusion:

Mike is not a good coach.  He is a mediocre motivator at best.  The game has passed his mentor by and he was never as good as his mentor, so the game has completely left him in the dust.  He is a good man as far as I can tell, and I've met him and he was gracious and very nice, but that doesn't make you a good coach.

I love Hog-Ball as much as anybody, but watching us run up and down the court to get a few layups isn't nearly as important to me as watching us execute a set play to perfection (Florida's TWO dunks on out of bounds under the basket plays) or watching us run a perfectly spaced offensive set and working to get a high percentage open shot. 

It's exactly like football.  Bielema's philosophy is what Saban's used to be.  Ground & pound, big huge linemen, etc...  But Saban saw the game changing and evolving and he changed too, even though he didn't like it.  The saying that you "can't out Bama, Bama" holds water 99% of the time.  You play someone using their philosophy with them having a massive advantage in talent and you will lose far more than you win. 

Mike is trying to "out Kentucky-Kentucky".  Though we may have been the originator of the 40MOH, Kentucky is now the team that gets up and down the floor better than any team in the nation.  We will not beat them playing that style nearly as much as we will lose to them.  Likewise most teams we play now have more than one guy that can bring the ball up the court and are adept at breaking the press.  We need to play solid half court defense, and we are supremely weak in that area.

Mike = Great guy.
Mike = Needs to go.

BDSCT51

Agree with the fundamentals criticism for sure. I had Boys Club and AAU teams that were far better than what I saw on the court last night. This was a pathetic effort at Razorback basketball. I won't lay all the blame on coaching as the guys looked totally lost on the floor no matter what the situation was. Seemed at times that MA was speaking a foreign language to them in timeout huddles with that glazed over look in their eyes. No floor leadership and poor bench leadership from my cheap seat view.

It was painful to watch this display of Division 1 athletics. And yes, it makes the sting of the football season that much worse.
Bleeding Razorback Red

The_Iceman

That Mike'd up segment may be used as evidence for those board members wanting him fired. And it was pretty damning.

phadedhawg

Every year I buy into the hype that we have talent but when we hit conference season it evaporates.

hogman99

Quote from: HogInThaGrove on January 11, 2017, 10:29:59 am
To Barford:

Seriously, right before tip, that's when we're discussing this?  What this shows, as is painfully clear, is:

The kids are not being made to watch film to help themselves learn the tendencies of the players they will be playing.

Our ridiculous switch on every screen defense does not allow us to have certain players focus on defending certain players on the other team.  If you watch film, guard someone most of the game, you will see them develop tendencies that may help you in a late game situation... we cannot do that because of our switching.

Boxing out. 
NONE.  Disgusting.  I'm 5'10" and played against 6'4" and above and I can block them out no problem to where it's either my ball or they will be over my back and foul me to get it.  Our coach used to make us block out so hard that the ball had to bounce once before we could get it and if the offense got it we had to run/pushups/etc...  If rebounding isn't a priority, then winning isn't a priority.  They go hand-in-hand.

Screens:
Our screens are lazy and ineffective.  They do not deter the defensive player and the reason is 2 fold.  #1, bad technique and #2, horrible use of the offensive player using the screen.  The ole "Rub shoulders" with the screener is as effective today as it was back in the day.  If you wanna see someone use screens to perfection, watch J.J. Redick's college tapes.  He his so many 3's because he used screens to perfection.  He wasn't particularly fast, just efficient.  Dusty could do this too if he were coached in any way. 

Help side defense:
None

Court Awareness:
NONE.  See bounce bass through lane between two razorbacks including the "preseason player of the year" (literally the biggest joke ever) for a dunk.

IQ:
What's that?

In-game Adjustments:
Nope.

Fundamentals:
Atrocious

Conclusion:

Mike is not a good coach.  He is a mediocre motivator at best.  The game has passed his mentor by and he was never as good as his mentor, so the game has completely left him in the dust.  He is a good man as far as I can tell, and I've met him and he was gracious and very nice, but that doesn't make you a good coach.

I love Hog-Ball as much as anybody, but watching us run up and down the court to get a few layups isn't nearly as important to me as watching us execute a set play to perfection (Florida's TWO dunks on out of bounds under the basket plays) or watching us run a perfectly spaced offensive set and working to get a high percentage open shot. 

It's exactly like football.  Bielema's philosophy is what Saban's used to be.  Ground & pound, big huge linemen, etc...  But Saban saw the game changing and evolving and he changed too, even though he didn't like it.  The saying that you "can't out Bama, Bama" holds water 99% of the time.  You play someone using their philosophy with them having a massive advantage in talent and you will lose far more than you win. 

Mike is trying to "out Kentucky-Kentucky".  Though we may have been the originator of the 40MOH, Kentucky is now the team that gets up and down the floor better than any team in the nation.  We will not beat them playing that style nearly as much as we will lose to them.  Likewise most teams we play now have more than one guy that can bring the ball up the court and are adept at breaking the press.  We need to play solid half court defense, and we are supremely weak in that area.

Mike = Great guy.
Mike = Needs to go.

You must be reading my mind. Very accurate post, well done.

Next1_04

All caps make you feel better?

porkinsons disease

Quote from: HogInThaGrove on January 11, 2017, 10:29:59 am
To Barford:

Boxing out. 

Screens:

Help side defense:
None

Court Awareness:

IQ:
What's that?

In-game Adjustments:
Nope.

Fundamentals:
Atrocious

Conclusion:

Mike = Great guy.
Mike = Needs to go.
Spot on ^^^
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: Next1_04 on January 11, 2017, 12:31:21 pm
All caps make you feel better?

Yes, thank you. I'm not apathetic, I'm angry.

razoredge178

Can I play?

Cunfidince. Tensity. Energy. "We playin freshman and sophomores"..

Love the pre game statement: "We gotta play 40 minutes (and in case you don't know what that means), not 20 minutes, not 30 minutes, but 40 minutes."..

He'd have been much, MUCH better served to have declined that "Mik'ed Up" opportunity. I will say that half-wit at Missouri was worse on Mik'ed Up."