Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does anybody even care enough anymore to make a coaching change

Started by bigpigpimpin, January 10, 2017, 10:40:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

I'm not even mad. Didn't even watch. Heck, I used to never miss a game. Didn't even know we played tonight. I think a lot of people feel the same way. Oh well. Yawn....

Hog Milanese

Yeah, I couldn't care less at this point. Same with football. Arkansas sports is completely 'meh.'

Marshfieldhog

Beaverfever

I've been at that point for a while actually.  I'd be cool with keeping Anderson around and if Long finds somebody better then we can just fire Anderson and upgrade.  Hiring and firing bad coaches every few years doesn't really interest me. 

razorbackred1

Was going to post the same statement .... just don't care anymore!

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

LCAPTP

GO

My Give $h]t factor has gone waaay down if it even exist anymore these past few years. I used to plan my weeks around BB games. Would try and make a couple trips up from El Dorado each year to watch a Saturday game.  After the other nights loss I just feel things are aligning to be another typical Mike Anderson year. Look really good some nights and then the next game play like they have not a clue about fundamental basketball and lose to inferior team. Then at the end of the year we will discuss if there is any chance we make the NIT. NOTE: for you younger fans we used to discuss how a high a seed we would be in the dance. There was seldom a question on if we were going to get an invite.  Pitiful how far they have let this once proud program fall.

TNhawgfan

I still care, but not enough to get mad. During the nolan years, i wouldn't sleep after a loss. Basketball as a sport doesn't do anything for me anymore. The SEC sucks, we suck, whatever
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

The_Iceman

Went last night. Waste of time. Not going to another game and will not go out of my way to watch.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 11, 2017, 08:09:52 am
Went last night. Waste of time. Not going to another game and will not go out of my way to watch.

So many share this opinion. I recorded the game and watched later last night. I used to plan my time around the games. We are so average. I would guess we finish with some where around 9 SEC wins. Is this enough to save Mikes job? Probably.

Ironhawg

I watched to the end last night.  I was about as disappointed as I have ever been with the team's effort.  Nothing was working.  They seemed lackadaisical in the first half.  They came out with more fire in the first few minutes of the second half, but MSU quickly squelched that.  Our shots for the most part weren't falling, we got whipped on the boards, and our defense was once again hideous.  The thing that bothered me the most was their demeanor.  When they showed the team going to the locker room at the half and a couple of times during time outs in the second half they just looked thoroughly uninspired or lifeless.  One thing I did not understand is during the last time out we called with something like 16 seconds left, the camera was on our huddle for an extended period.  During that time MA was talking to an official.  The players and assistants were just standing around.  None of the assistant coaches were coaching.  I know it is at the end of the game, but surely you could at least try to rally the team to finish with class?  Is that normal?  I'm not a coach, so I don't know but it seemed odd.
I will keep watching and will probably go to some games, but I believe it is time for Mike to seek a new challenge far from the shadow of Nolan Richardson. 

cityhog

Thinking about it #neveryield is perfect for Arkansas athletics. It implies plodding along, never really speeding up or coming to a complete stop. Just. Plodding. Along.

Maddhog

It's painful for me.  Coach Anderson is family and that's exactly the reason I opposed his hiring.   We will either remain stuck in mediocrity or we  will have to go through the painful process of letting him go.   Most of us recognized a while back that be is not  Nolan.  I miss having great basketball but I lack the passion to go on a "FIRE ANDERSON!" rampage.
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."