Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Anderson

Started by hawgsak, January 10, 2017, 10:07:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgsak

Mike is not in the same league as Nolan and never will be. He is marshmallow soft and has no control of his team. They play undisciplined defense and are not close to fundamental on offense. This is NOT the 1990s, the guards and big men are way too skilled for this style of play! Can we please cut ties with this whole era!!!

RagingHawgOn

The live mic coaching was unbelievably pathetic. Damn joke.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on January 10, 2017, 10:08:45 pm
If you can't get the rebound just tip it out of there! How has he not fixed this defensive rebounding problem by now? Lol its a joke!

hawgsak

Sounded like a little girl begging for the players to be physical. The team adopts the coach's personality and that sound bit was telling. Mike is a joke!

Cobi Hamilton Fan

Mike doesn't have near the mean streak Nolan had. Nolan didn't give a frick and would jump down your throat for the small things. Mike is soft as a coach.

revolution

Marshmallow Mike. I like it. Consider it done.

Sivad

It is embarrassing to hear him "coach".

jdunhog

The Boar War

That was his coaching?  I thought he was reading the more civil comments of the game thread.  "We gotta rebound".  No kidding.

Dropkick

I finally figured out what this is...........................

NOLAN'S REVENGE!

Wild Bill Hog

WooPig90

Quit this fastest 40 BS. IT DOESNT WORK

The Boar War

Quote from: jdunhog on January 10, 2017, 10:17:16 pm
Its a talent thing!

More than enough talent on this team.  Not enough to win the national championship but enough not to look like this in a bad conference.

revolution

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 10, 2017, 10:24:10 pm

Marshmallow Mike doesn't have a clue what he's trying to do. He has some catchphrases, not a coherent plan. Fastest 40 might work if he actually could coach that. Or at least it could be entertaining. But he obviously doesn't know how to stop the dribble drive, get shooters open in the offense, rebound or create tunovers.

MARSHMALLOW MIKE!

BassinHawg

Mike Anderson and Basketball should be illegal to use in the same sentence!

Soft, Sour Faced Mike Anderson is like 7 up, Never had it, Never will!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

rude1

The talent isn't great but he isn't getting the most out of what he has. He has manage to coach CJ backwards, damnedest thing I ever saw. Took a kid who was a confident unconscious shooter and coached him into a conscious timid unsure player who seems afraid and unsure just what role the coach wants him to play the few minutes he does get. Amazing.................

Hog Pharm

Quote from: rude1 on January 10, 2017, 10:35:56 pm
The talent isn't great but he isn't getting the most out of what he has. He has manage to coach CJ backwards, damnedest thing I ever saw. Took a kid who was a confident unconscious shooter and coached him into a conscious timid unsure player who seems afraid and unsure just what role the coach wants him to play the few minutes he does get. Amazing.................

Exactly. He was on the floor tonight when we got the 7 point lead then never saw the floor again. Even though he missed his only shot, he at least draws a defender (unlike other players who see major minutes) which creates better spacing. So why in the world would he be benched for the rest of the game? Ridiculous.

Sivad

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 10, 2017, 10:24:10 pm
"Fastest 40 in Basketball" was Anderson's weak attempt to imitate his mentor Nolan's catchphrase. Like everything else about this nostalgia case - it failed.

AstroHawg

Mike appears to not be very intelligent, and packing the bench with assistants with no experience other than being former Hogs only solidifies that opinion. 

Program needs a complete overhaul.

HogBreath

Quote from: rude1 on January 10, 2017, 10:35:56 pm
I actually enjoy the revolving door of 10-12 players coming in and out of the game in a completely chaotic, mindless rotation with no rhyme or reason, well other than only one big guy on the floor at a time.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Nosboar Accubond

He doesn't know how to fix it. These teams play just like those in the late 90s... For a reason...

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: HogBreath on January 10, 2017, 11:01:26 pm
I actually enjoy the revolving door of 10-12 players coming in and out of the game in a completely chaotic, mindless rotation with no rhyme or reason, well other than only one big guy on the floor at a time.
gotta remember we're getting in their legs, beatin at the end... In about an hour were gonna take over the MS ST game