Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

8007 official Attendance. Hogs have lost the Home court advantage and fan base

Started by Mr. Porkleone, January 10, 2017, 10:03:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Porkleone

1-3 to start SEC. It's becoming oblivious that this program is in the deep trouble.  Attendance is horrible. Looks horrible on TV. I enjoy fact when I'm in town I can sit Centet court easily, it's so clear the fans have lost hope, it's almost apathy. Mikes in 6th year and 1 NCAA is not cutting it at 2.25million for coach. We were calling for CBB at end of year 4 and football packing DWR and the usual CMA supporters are saying he has a great class coming. Last I checked, I want to play for Razorbacks regardless of coach. It's sadly a time for change. With only 14-16 players each year to recruit, its way easier to recruit talent. CMA just don't have the hoses as Larry Johnson told Nolan, get yourself some men. He did and won title and went back to title game the next year. We just seem to be lacking in coaching. CMA can't seem to adjust to other teams talents. Mikes a good person and a guy that's enjoyable to be around. I don't know who to turn to, or who would come. I think the job is still very attractive. I just think it's time to move on from all things attached to Nolan.

Granny fan

Dropkick

Wildbill

Quote from: Granny fan on January 10, 2017, 10:06:29 pm
Just sickening!

But over 15,000 paid, the only way your going to see a change is money.  It's always about money!!

hogginbama

You would think that some of Nolan's piss and vinegar would have rubbed off on MA. Hard for players to have fire if the coach doesn't.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: hogginbama on January 10, 2017, 10:08:31 pm
You would think that some of Nolan's piss and vinegar would have rubbed off on MA. Hard for players to have fire if the coach doesn't.

Well said

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

TeufelHog

Heck, I can barely watch them on TV.  Do not understand why people pay to watch this in person.  It's time for a change in staffing.  Even the assistant coaches look like they're lost every time the camera pans across the bench.

HiggiePiggy

Almost apathy?  Fans have been there for over a decade now. I'll watch if they get to the tournament. Tired of the weak schedule every year then the slow start or no start in conference play.  Start playing some real teams in the non conference. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

root_hawg

But the recruits are coming just give him time.  Cmon Mike .. we need to all get behind him ... and push that moving van out of town.

revolution

How many for Mizzou game on Saturday? I pity the fools who bought tickets for that.

kodiakisland

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 10, 2017, 10:03:20 pm
1-3 to start SEC. It's becoming oblivious that this program is in the deep trouble.  Attendance is horrible. Looks horrible on TV. I enjoy fact when I'm in town I can sit Centet court easily, it's so clear the fans have lost hope, it's almost apathy. Mikes in 6th year and 1 NCAA is not cutting it at 2.25million for coach. We were calling for CBB at end of year 4 and football packing DWR and the usual CMA supporters are saying he has a great class coming. Last I checked, I want to play for Razorbacks regardless of coach. It's sadly a time for change. With only 14-16 players each year to recruit, its way easier to recruit talent. CMA just don't have the hoses as Larry Johnson told Nolan, get yourself some men. He did and won title and went back to title game the next year. We just seem to be lacking in coaching. CMA can't seem to adjust to other teams talents. Mikes a good person and a guy that's enjoyable to be around. I don't know who to turn to, or who would come. I think the job is still very attractive. I just think it's time to move on from all things attached to Nolan.

It's oblivious?
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Dropkick

TeufelHog

Only way to get a new head coach/complete staff change is for fans to vote with their butts . . . ie. do not pay to put them in the seats.

mizzouman

Quote from: revolution on January 10, 2017, 10:17:50 pm
How many for Mizzou game on Saturday? I pity the fools who bought tickets for that.
That would be a game Hog fans should show up for.  It will make you feel, well, at least a little bit better.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Big Boi

If Missou beats us even FCJ the troll will get on board. The growth of business in NW Ar have had a large hand in the decline in actual attendants. Most buy several season tickets, with employees from out of state, or clients with little interest.  Granted outside of 14-15 the product hasn't helped. The arena is to large as well. In todays age we are much more of a 10,000 - 12,000 capacity program.

mizzouman

Quote from: Big Boi on January 11, 2017, 09:08:11 am
If Missou beats us even FCJ the troll will get on board. The growth of business in NW Ar have had a large hand in the decline in actual attendants. Most buy several season tickets, with employees from out of state, or clients with little interest.  Granted outside of 14-15 the product hasn't helped. The arena is to large as well. In todays age we are much more of a 10,000 - 12,000 capacity program.
Hogs win by 20.  Bet the farm.

hogsanity

Quote from: Big Boi on January 11, 2017, 09:08:11 am

If Mizzu beat the Hogs at home Mike should be fired before they leave the court. Mizzu is terrible.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

lstewart

The crowd was respectable last night compared to recent history, classes not being in session, and it being a late tip-off on a week night. I thought the crowd got very loud and hostile during the second half the times the Hogs threated to get something going. I've been at every home game, and the attendance is what it is. Never going to see 20,000 again on a weeknight playing another middle of the pack team. I can't argue with the other points made about issues with the team.......

mizzouman

Quote from: hogsanity on January 11, 2017, 09:32:57 am
If Mizzu beat the Hogs at home Mike should be fired before they leave the court. Mizzu is terrible.
Worse than terrible.

3kgthog

Quote from: Wildbill on January 10, 2017, 10:08:26 pm

But over 15,000 paid, the only way your going to see a change is money.  It's always about money!!

Sometimes keeping up appearances becomes more important than the number of empty seats that have been purchased. Stan Heath found that out.

Ironhawg

Arkansas seriously needs to consider doing something with the seating in Bud Walton.  20k is just too many seats in this day and age. Maybe install some sky boxes and knock the capacity down to 12k or so. 
Also might not hurt to put a good team on the floor.

bwbcpa

I've gotten slammed for this before, but here goes. In Nolan's last year I became a season ticket holder. Four years ago, it dawns on me that I was paying a considerable amount of money for the privilege to sit in my seats next to someone who paid $25 at the gate and "poached." I dropped my season tickets, bought a motorcycle, and now only buy tickets for the games I attend. Also, the past couple of years, the games have been more accessible on TV.

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: Ironhawg on January 11, 2017, 10:14:54 am
Arkansas seriously needs to consider doing something with the seating in Bud Walton.  20k is just too many seats in this day and age. Maybe install some sky boxes and knock the capacity down to 12k or so. 
Also might not hurt to put a good team on the floor.

12k be great. Still wouldn't be full most of time. Heck for last 5 years you can buy a ticket for 5$ outside and move center court. What a bargain

East Clintwood

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 11, 2017, 10:33:21 am
12k be great. Still wouldn't be full most of time. Heck for last 5 years you can buy a ticket for 5$ outside and move center court. What a bargain

$5 is too much to pay to watch this crap.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Mr. Porkleone

razoredge178

hogsanity

Quote from: razoredge178 on January 11, 2017, 10:47:29 am
Looked decent against Auburn last night.

Aub is not that good either. The scary thing, for the hogs about Aub is they have a couple guards that can handle the ball, and 2 or 3 guys who, if form holds, will have career 3 pt nights against the hogs.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

razoredge178

Quote from: hogsanity on January 11, 2017, 11:03:19 am
Aub is not that good either. The scary thing, for the hogs about Aub is they have a couple guards that can handle the ball, and 2 or 3 guys who, if form holds, will have career 3 pt nights against the hogs.

Every squad we play should scare us. We're mechanically unsound and give up WAY TOO MANY premium shot looks to every opponent.

cosmodrum

Quote from: revolution on January 10, 2017, 10:17:50 pm

I bought tickets as Christmas presents for my kids. All of the sudden, I'm a terrible father.
Go away, batin'

mizzouman

Quote from: razoredge178 on January 11, 2017, 10:47:29 am
Looked decent against Auburn last night.
Auburn is slightly better than LSU who is slightly better than Mizzou which is the worse team in the SEC.  So, looking decent against Auburn doesn't mean anything. 

hogsanity

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 11, 2017, 11:09:49 am
I bought tickets as Christmas presents for my kids. All of the sudden, I'm a terrible father.

No, it is the one game they should win, and you still get to go to a game with your kids.

mizzouman

Haha. Nah, take the kids.  You'll see a Hog team beat up on a pathetic Mizzou squad. 

Mr. Porkleone

This is the best post ever.

TNhawgfan

8000 is still too high a number. I think more fans should stop going to the games. You want to get Long's attention, have an SEC home game where a 20,000 seat arena has 3 to 4 thousand in it.
And before you start the those kids need our support stuff...those kids need a new coach more than anything.
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol