Previous topic - Next topic

1h0gl0w

Razorback_Mack

Cavtastic Voyage

One of the disadvantages of not being any good

grayhawg

This one hurts, be almost impossible to make the NCAA

HogCzar1

MSU is 2nd youngest team in the country.

upperdeck_hawg

This is the beginning of the end for the MA era
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

hogginbama

And someone told me the coach was turning things around
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Cavtastic Voyage

Thank god. Anderson isn't a good coach.

GO

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on January 10, 2017, 10:00:31 pm
I so hope you are right

cardsNhogs

1h0gl0w

No prob...ready for your lotto #'s?

hawgsalot

Unbelievable really really bad I'm so sick of the bs poor coaching.  In the 1st half mike sits on his butt and let's a freshman light him up how about call a time out and stop a damn run.  We play like our coach lackadaisical until it's too late.  I really really wanted Mike to prove something this year but as usual same story every freaking year.

Cavtastic Voyage

He's a victim of his own terrible system. You have to rebound. You have to run sets. Quit playing 11 players. Quit assuming the other team is out of shape and can't break a press.

tee1up2par

We can only hope. MA has zero excuses at this point. 100% his team, 100% on him. Great guy but time for a change. Has let WAAAAY to much talent leave the state.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

WBOBO

There is no excuse for this bad of basketball at home.  I don't care who we have coming in He has to go.  Maybe he needs to go now.  Miss St. is  a bad team that should in NO WAY compete with us in Fayetteville.  Yet year after year after year it continues.  I hope Never Yield man starts giving away tickets to home games because we will soon see  Baum Stadium have more attendance than the Bud.  It's really really undisciplined basketball with little talent and coaching.  It would not hurt my feelings to see him resign immediately.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

upperdeck_hawg

MA is over in his head. 40 minutes of pressure doesn't work anymore and he doesn't know how to adjust. You have to play solid defense, rebound, run plays for your best players, make adjustments on the fly if something is not working. All things a good coach like Ben Howland and Frank Martin can do but Mike Anderson has no clue how to do.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

WBOBO

I bet Never Yield man feels like the walls are closing in on him.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

LumberBacks

I can't see the Hogs even winning 8 of their last 17 games.  If they did, that would put them only at 20 wins before the SEC tournament, and 20 wins generally doesn't get you in the dance anymore.  RPI will be south of 50.  Quote me in early March.  This is what you can expect with a CMA team.  He's a good dude and represents the university well, but he's just not a guy that can develop a disciplined brand of ball. 

LumberBacks

Quote from: Cavtastic Voyage on January 10, 2017, 10:04:01 pm
He's a victim of his own terrible system. You have to rebound. You have to run sets. Quit playing 11 players. Quit assuming the other team is out of shape and can't break a press.
Much as been discussed about the current era of college hoops and the numerous breaks that prevent players from getting winded or rubber legged like they did up until 15-20 years ago.  CMA's version of hogball is predicated on fast breaks and pressing defense, but other teams aren't worn out with all the opportunities to sit and catch their breath. CMA is coaching a brand of ball that he was coached ... and it's an antiquated brand these days. 

cityhog

Oh please oh please oh please oh please

realistichog

After 6 long years of ugly basketball NOTHING has changed. We still give wide open 3's, don't rebound and allow coast to coast drives for layups. All that changes is the names on the jerseys.  :puke:

LumberBacks

Quote from: LumberBacks on January 10, 2017, 10:33:09 pm
I can't see the Hogs even winning 8 of their last 17 games.  If they did, that would put them only at 20 wins before the SEC tournament, and 20 wins generally doesn't get you in the dance anymore.  RPI will be south of 50.  Quote me in early March.  This is what you can expect with a CMA team.  He's a good dude and represents the university well, but he's just not a guy that can develop a disciplined brand of ball.
On track here.   Anyone with a smidgen of basketball understanding could see this coming.  These results are mostly on CMA.  No one ever uses the phrases "intelligent basketball" or "outcoaching the opponent" with the Fastest 40 Out of the Dance Hall ball.