Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks vs Mississippi State

Started by Razorbacks#1, January 10, 2017, 07:28:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: dsims2k3 on January 10, 2017, 10:08:41 pm
Disappointed but I  told you all that Mississippi State  is better than what you think. Witherspoon missed the majority of the  games they lost with a wrist injury.  It was thought  to  be  season ending that team is red hot. Watch

Aside from losing to Bama....at home....by 10....just 7 days ago.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Dropkick

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 10, 2017, 09:52:57 pm
Need a stop here.Hawgs not out of this thing yet.
How about now Joe? I admire your blind loyalty.

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

hog.goblin

Quote from: WMHawgfan on January 10, 2017, 10:08:18 pm
Another disappointing season on the way. I will always love the hogs but I am through with this brand.

Don't worry.  We'll make it to the NIT.

BigSexyHog

Quote from: HogFansReunited on January 10, 2017, 10:08:13 pm
10 point [CENSORED] favorite at home and we are going to lose by around 10.

I can't believe I didn't jump all over that.   MISS STANK might have been the SEC play of the year....
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

latrops

Well....One of the more disappointing losses in years.  CMA could at least consistently win at home his first several years here.  Tough to be optimistic about the rest of this season at this point.

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Knot2brite

Quote from: hog.goblin on January 10, 2017, 10:12:09 pm
Don't worry.  We'll make it to the NIT.
Sorry but that isn't good enough...at least for me...NCAA or gone..but the season is not over
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: PORKULATOR on January 10, 2017, 10:08:10 pm
this ^^^^ I couple with being a Jets fan. Lucky I havent killed myself.

Ive been a Carolina Panthers fan since 99. I havent had much to cheer about in sometime.

root_hawg

BentonvilleJeff

I don't care what anybody says Miss St is good. Also they had the best player on the court by far. They also have multiple shooters. I was worried about this one from the end of the Ky game.

HogFansReunited

Same bull we have seen the last 6 years. We are not improving at all.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

dsims2k3

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on January 10, 2017, 10:10:54 pm
Aside from losing to Bama....at home....by 10....just 7 days ago.
They've just come off of a road win.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: BigSexyHog on January 10, 2017, 10:12:41 pm
I can't believe I didn't jump all over that.   MISS STANK might have been the SEC play of the year....

I put a little on it and I am still pissed we lost

Member #3568

hogsanity

Quote from: Pancetta on January 10, 2017, 10:10:21 pm
We got too many wannabe stars that always look for their own shot or drive before they pass. I see other teams reversing the ball and getting open looks.

that is Mikes whole offense. If he had to teach an actual play he would just curl up in a ball and cry.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

DeltaHog66

hog.goblin

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 10, 2017, 10:13:19 pm
Sorry but that isn't good enough...at least for me...NCAA or gone..but the season is not over

NIT is the new standard for this program

PonderinHog

Quote from: dsims2k3 on January 10, 2017, 10:14:55 pm
They've just come off of a road win.
First back to back road wins since 2011.  2011!

hawgrunner

discombobulationist

Quote from: BentonvilleJeff on January 10, 2017, 10:14:17 pm
I don't care what anybody says Miss St is good. Also they had the best player on the court by far. They also have multiple shooters. I was worried about this one from the end of the Ky game.
Yeah, they're awesome. We shouldn't expect to beat a team like this, even at home. It's a lot easier to recruit to Starkville, beautiful area, and all that tradition.
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pmISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

dsims2k3

Quote from: HogFansReunited on January 10, 2017, 10:16:10 pm
Honestly thought the hogs would win by 6
I saw this L coming. I was well aware of Witherspoon.

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

HogBreath

C'mon guys..haven't you learned by now.  It's what we do..the Coach Mike fast 40 roller coaster is just going downhill right now.

Plus since State is the 2nd youngest team in the country, it was hard for Coach Mike to get his usual gameplan put together.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Baconomics

Quote from: BentonvilleJeff on January 10, 2017, 10:14:17 pm

But why?  Why should a program like Mississippi State have a better team in Mike's 6th season?  Their tradition?  Their fan support?  If there are coaches better than Mike willing to coach at MSU, why would we keep Mike?

I'll hang up and listen...

dsims2k3

Quote from: nesjunk on January 10, 2017, 10:21:25 pm
But why?  Why should a program like Mississippi State have a better team in Mike's 6th season?  Their tradition?  Their fan support?  If there are coaches better than Mike willing to coach at MSU, why would we keep Mike?

Have you paid attention to their recruiting class?

rzrbackramsfan

pigture perfect

I feel like crying sometimes. I miss Eddie Sutton.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hogsanity

Quote from: dsims2k3 on January 10, 2017, 10:20:14 pm
I saw this L coming. I was well aware of Witherspoon.

too bad hog defenders were not.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PonderinHog

Quote from: dsims2k3 on January 10, 2017, 10:22:43 pm
Have you paid attention to their recruiting class?
For those that haven't, Gohogs will be along shortly to fill you in.

hog.goblin

Quote from: nesjunk on January 10, 2017, 10:21:25 pm

Better recruiting, better coaching

XavierZane

Disappointing loss tonight.  We were off our game and MSST was red hot; not a good combo. 

Moses had it offensively this game (19 points) but couldn't add much defensively (4 rebounds, 2 blocks).  He has greatness within him, but can't synthesize the offensive and defensive halves for some reason.  Hannahs came on late, but ultimately too late. 

We lost this game because we missed way more free throws than usual (Dustin Thomas personally missed four, and we missed eight total) and because our usual helpers were quiet (Barford only had ten, Beard only had eleven, and Macon/Thomas only had eight).  We lost by six... if we hit a few more free throws or one more scorer steps up, that swings the game.

Tough loss to a red hot, good team.  I still like this team and think they have a good season ahead.  I still like MA and think he's a good coach.  I still wish the posters who say they're done after every loss would actually be done and leave the rest of us in peace. 

AirWarren

Well. Think the mike Anderson tenure is on its way out

HogBreath

Maybe our heads were still in the clouds from our great loss to Kentucky.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

hawgrunner

BentonvilleJeff

hogsanity

Quote from: BentonvilleJeff on January 10, 2017, 11:19:13 pm
Tonight was about the Jimmies and the Joes.

and it stared with the guy on each bench called the head coach.

hobhog

BentonvilleJeff

Sivad

Little Lady Back

Very disappointing game from coaching to execution. I am still behind the Hogs and Anderson but this was bad!
#NolanRichardsonCourt