Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks vs Mississippi State

Started by Razorbacks#1, January 10, 2017, 07:28:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nobballconcept

Only team I have ever seen that gives up wide open shots over and over

BDSCT51

These guys look really bad tonight. I hope it doesn't get any uglier.
Bleeding Razorback Red

hogcam

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Bogghawg

The home field advantage we loved so much when I was in school isn't just less, it is 100% full blown GONE.  It makes me sick to look at and listen to our home games. 
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

hawgrunner

Quote from: nobballconcept on January 10, 2017, 08:49:01 pm

Looks like it huh!

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

discombobulationist

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pmISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

riccoar

hogman99

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on January 10, 2017, 08:48:04 pm
Losing to a horrible miss state team at home

If you think moving the ball on offense, taking good shots and rebounding horrible I'll take some of that. 

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

rzrbackramsfan

Mannys playing wayyy to many minutes.  He's not feeling it this game offensively or defensively. 

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

hawgrunner

JD Hogg

The worst rebounding team in the league is out rebounding the hogs by 7. I'm embarrassed for them.

Bogghawg

Even if no one ever mentions rebounding in their practices now, didn't these guys ever learn that you need to block out in high school or pee-wee or sometime??
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

revolution

That half sucked. Glad our staff had this team prepared.

HogCzar1

TNhawgfan

I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

arkfan81

Quote from: Ironhawg on January 10, 2017, 08:47:40 pm
Why is our defense so bad?  State is over 50% from 3 range.

Well, we "trap" they make an extra pass to guy posted for open shot.
Have faith...

Hollywood_HOGan45

Just a disgusting half of basketball. We are at HOME! We should be the aggressor but the are punking us in our own building.

They have been way way more aggressive than us.

riccoar

I think Hogs need to for go the halftime speech and stay out and shoot baskets

Dropkick

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on January 10, 2017, 08:48:04 pm
Losing to a horrible miss state team at home
They have a much, much better coach than we do.

micali

I wish we would quit man to man. We double team and leave a 3 pt shooter wide open.

Season rides in this next 20 minutes. Extremely tough road to tourney with a loss tonight.

Dropkick

hogmolar

All I can do is look at Moses and shake my head. 

trippigs

Pat Bradley telling it like it is.....we just don't defend what we knew they would do

TheSportsGuy

Notice the announcers say that we don't block out, don't know who we switch with on defense, n stand around on offense.  They seem surprised like we just haven't shown up for the game....  sadly they don't realize it's the way this team plays every game.  I'm tired of watching bad basketball.  Even if we win, it looks ugly.  I just can't understand how it's so hard to teach basic fundamentals. Beyond frustrating

XavierZane

They'll cool down on threes.  Without that, they start to lag. 

Potosihog

Kingsley and Watkins need to sit out the second half

arkfan81

Have faith...

tee1up2par

Pat Bradley just called them out. Said we knew they were gonna come out and shoot threes but to let them have wide open looks is asking for trouble.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

HoopS

Two halves.

I expect the second half to be better.

That said -

We are frustrating to watch.

Scott7703

Quote from: nobballconcept on January 10, 2017, 08:49:01 pm

It will be a great day for razorback basketball when we hire a coach who actually teaches defense and expects it to be played. Not the chaotic crap we attempt to play but actual defense where the expectation is to cover the other team we will see better basketball. Oh and if we could actually run a set offensive play it would help to.

Dropkick

Quote from: XavierZane on January 10, 2017, 08:55:21 pm
They'll cool down on threes.  Without that, they start to lag. 
Is that our defense, wait till they cool off, lol.

Letsroll1200

You can't play Manny that many minutes!! This is one of the worse half of basketball I have seen this year. Missing front ends on your free 5hrows. Just piss poor effort and bs defense. This young State team has confidence now!!!

TNhawgfan

Quote from: riccoar on January 10, 2017, 08:52:41 pm
I think Hogs need to for go the halftime speech and stay out and shoot baskets
All mike would do anyway is say we're so close guys, we got this
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

riccoar

Hollywood_HOGan45

I hope we quit double teaming the perimeter. It just creates more wide open 3s for them.

hogcam

Our players didn't know they shoot threes because they don't watch film. Just sick of watching us double team and them getting a wide open three.  Coaching. Coaching. Coaching. Lose this game and attendance gets even worse

Letsroll1200

WMHawgfan

Quote from: micali on January 10, 2017, 08:54:01 pm
I wish we would quit man to man. We double team and leave a 3 pt shooter wide open.
playing man is fine just stop doubling and leaving shooters open, and please stop pressing for the love of God

Ironhawg

The real Hogules

We're standing around on both ends of the court. And when we double team an MSU player on defense there's  no anticipation by the other 3 defenders as to where the ball is likely to be passed. I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but at least for tonight sit Kingsley and play Thompson.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

hogman99

Quote from: arkfan81 on January 10, 2017, 08:52:06 pm
Well, we "trap" they make an extra pass to guy posted for open shot.

Yep, its called lazy defense. The worst part is it is on every game film and the staff does nothing to improve. It is actually quite a head scratcher.

ishankem

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

HawgHeadCheese

Dusty Hannahs needs to sit. If his offense isnt going he has no business on the court.