Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If you think Ark attendance

Started by Potosihog, January 10, 2017, 06:09:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Potosihog

January 10, 2017, 06:09:30 pm Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 06:29:16 pm by Potosihog
Is poor.  Turn on the Mizzou-Auburn game.  I bet Missouri State has 3 times higher attendance at their games.

razorhead94

I just think TV has killed college basketball attendance in general unless you are a perennial program.  Almost every game is on TV.  Why pay $50 bucks for a weeknight game that you can watch from home.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: razorhead94 on January 10, 2017, 07:03:18 pm
I just think TV has killed college basketball attendance in general unless you are a perennial program.  Almost every game is on TV.  Why pay $50 bucks for a weeknight game that you can watch from home.

I agree. We need to downsize BWA to just the lower bowl. I miss Barnhill. That was like a Cameron indoor. I'd like to see that size venue

HiggiePiggy

I'm sure poor performance from those teams over the last few years has played a role in it also. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Knot2brite

For schools that have a fan base that covers the majority of the state...tv has hurt attendance. I live 4.5 hours away so I am thrilled all their games are on tv...but I imagine it hurts the nearby fans who can sit at home and save money
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

FaytownHog

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 10, 2017, 07:13:01 pm
I agree. We need to downsize BWA to just the lower bowl. I miss Barnhill. That was like a Cameron indoor. I'd like to see that size venue
This. Or make the top all luxury suites behind glass etc. Sell the rooms to corporations willing to pay for it and let the fans sit in the lower bowl.
How many seats in the lower bowl? 14k? That's not too shabby. About right actually.

hobhog

How about just get a decent program going. History shows we will fill it better than this. Just not going to watch crappy ball.

LR_Matt

Man, I'm heading back to Columbia soon for work. Looks like I can get a ticket.

revolution

Anderson is working hard so we can compete with Mizzou for most pathetic team and fan attendance in the SEC. He just needs more time!

hobhog

I heard there was talk of a boycott but couldn't find enough interested fans to ask to participate....