Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reggie Perry responds to Kentucky game

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, January 07, 2017, 10:31:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

revolution

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

hogman99

This guy is a stud and we need many more like him.

elksnort

FineAsSwine

Ready to come off the porch and run with the big dogs! Love the attitude. Already hating to see us lose to KY. Heck yeah!!!
Hogs up! Covid down!

Hogs958

The_Iceman

Danny J

forrest city joe

I love it. big time talent is coming folks. we better not mess this up.if you know what i mean.

The_Bionic_Pig

His 6'10 2017 Arkansas teammate... Perry PF & Gafford C

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

rude1

Kid might turn out to be a good player, but let's pump the brakes, the kid is a 4* talent not an elite level talent. Moses was a 4* too for comparison.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: rude1 on January 07, 2017, 11:13:51 pm
Kid might turn out to be a good player, but let's pump the brakes, the kid is a 4* talent not an elite level talent. Moses was a 4* too for comparison.

He won't be playing Moses position he's a PF the Center position is Daniel's. (Video below)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

rude1

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on January 07, 2017, 11:20:25 pm
He won't be playing Moses position he's a PF  the Center position is Daniel's.
I understand, my point is people are wanting to build him up as though an elite level talent, and he is not. I hate it when this happens to kids when they aren't projected to be elite. Build him up, then when he doesn't show up as a walking double double, tear him down. Vicious cycle I have seen with too many kids when the hype was too great.

hog.goblin

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 07, 2017, 10:59:23 pm
I love it. big time talent is coming folks. we better not mess this up.if you know what i mean.

Yep, we need a solid team around him or it will be another average season

tophawg19

Wasn't Moses all SEC and Player of the year Last year ?
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

rude1

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 07, 2017, 11:24:57 pm
Wasn't Moses all SEC and Player of the year Last year ?
No, and we were 16-16.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: rude1 on January 07, 2017, 11:23:48 pm
I understand, my point is people are wanting to build him up as though an elite level talent, and he is not. I hate it when this happens to kids when they aren't projected to be elite. Build him up, then when he doesn't show up as a walking double double, tear him down. Vicious cycle I have seen with too many kids when the hype was too great.

Actually the double/double machine is Rodgerick Brown in fact he's known as Mr. Double Double...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ShadowHawg

He is only a soph in that video. Ratings change from year to year. Heard a ESPN recruiting analyst just this fall say that he is an elite player as of this moment based on watching him play in high profile summer tournaments.

rzrbackramsfan

He's right right on the border of being a 5 star where Moses really wasn't that close to being a 5 star.  Moses wasn't the problem tonight though anyways.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Finally getting guys that are proud to be hogs!
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

The_Iceman

Perry will be closer to Bobby Portis than Moses Kingsley in terms of rankings when it's all done. He will push for a McDonald's All American selection before he is done.

Reggie Perry is Elite. Gafford is more like Moses.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/211970/reggie-perry

ShadowHawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 08, 2017, 06:18:49 am
Perry will be closer to Bobby Portis than Moses Kingsley in terms of rankings when it's all done. He will push for a McDonald's All American selection before he is done.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/211970/reggie-perry

This

King Kong

Perry more higher ranked than Moses was. Closer to Portis level

ShadowHawg

Quote from: King Kong on January 08, 2017, 07:24:39 am
Perry more higher ranked than Moses was. Closer to Portis level

Correct and with another year to improve. He made a jump in rank this summer. Another strong summer performance could propel him past Portis level and he was a McDAA.

HawgHeadCheese

Bobby Portis was a 4 star and a elite player immediately. This is a 6'9" PF who is ranked in the high 30s. At Arkansas that is elite.

FineAsSwine

I like Gafford more than Moses at this same point in their career. Gafford showed a nice over the shoulder hook shot in the lane that, with a little refinement, could become a bread and butter move for him.
Hogs up! Covid down!

code red

Quote from: hog.goblin on January 07, 2017, 11:24:30 pm
Yep, we need a solid team around him or it will be another average season
Agreed
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on January 08, 2017, 08:04:11 am
Bobby Portis was a 4 star and a elite player immediately. This is a 6'9" PF who is ranked in the high 30s. At Arkansas that is elite.

Bobby Portis was a 5-star, composite Nat'l ranking of No. 16 I believe.

Perry is a 5-star according to HoopSeen (Nat'l No. 9), but those rankings are not included in 247Sports's composite national rankings. Perry's Nat'l No. 20 according to Rivals.com (not even a handful of spots away from 5-star status). ESPN has Perry ranked No. 31, but I bet that goes up.

Scout.com, which didn't have Perry ranked at all in the fall and still lists him at Maclay prep in Tallahassee, FL, moved Perry up to No. 38 -- they are obviously behind and hoepfully will catch up. 247 has Perry outside of the Top 40, and that combined w/Scout's fumble is what pulls his composite Nat'l ranking down to No. 30.

IMO, through the spring and summer, you'll see a few more of the class-of-2018 kids getting bumped to 5*s while at the same time Perry will move up to the Top 20 in the composite and be one of those who gets bumped to a 5*.

Whatever, he's on the cusp of being a 5* and will have a great shot at the 2018 McD's AA game.

rzrbackramsfan

I'd disagree and say gafford is elite too.  In terms of rankings he's right where perry is too.  Just on the border of 5 star.  Plus gafford is 6'11", lanky and he looks like he has hops.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Perry is elite so when you quit grinding that axe maybe use it on your account.

lutherheggs

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

PonderinHog

FineAsSwine

Quote from: lutherheggs on January 08, 2017, 01:36:08 pm
Uh, yeah it will.

First off, this was to his friends who are his present and future teammates. He wasn't doing an opinion poll. Secondly, what would you rather he said?  ???
Hogs up! Covid down!

biglewhog77

forrest city joe

Quote from: rude1 on January 07, 2017, 11:25:46 pm
No, and we were 16-16.
No the team was 16 and 16. Mosses was all sec last year. and preseason sec player of the year this year.Arkansas basketball is in good hands in the years to come.we better not mess this up by firing the coach.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 09, 2017, 09:37:44 am
No the team was 16 and 16. Mosses was all sec last year. and preseason sec player of the year this year.Arkansas basketball is in good hands in the years to come.we better not mess this up by firing the coach.

Because one tournament win over Wofford is enough to have your hero have a statue made at the basketball facility. I guess make it as one of the last 4 in the tournament and loses the play in game. Then thats justification for your hero to have a statue outsude Bud Walton Arena

FineAsSwine

Quote from: biglewhog77 on January 09, 2017, 04:00:54 am
I like this kid already go hogs go wps

Taking ownership, showing leadership and bonding with the program. Just what you would expect from kids who are from Arkansas.

I am going to be so proud to be rooting for so many kids from Arkansas on the same team together fighting to reestablish the Razorback brand among the nations best! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Hogs up! Covid down!

forrest city joe

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on January 09, 2017, 09:45:06 am
Because one tournament win over Wofford is enough to have your hero have a statue made at the basketball facility. I guess make it as one of the last 4 in the tournament and loses the play in game. Then thats justification for your hero to have a statue outsude Bud Walton Arena
The big time recruits are on the way. fire the coach and they are gone. you want that? you want to start over yet again? they don't need to mess this up.

hog.goblin

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 09, 2017, 09:37:44 am

Every coach deserves 8 or 9 years to get his guys.

Honestly I'm rooting for Mike, but I never expected it to work out.

forrest city joe

LRHawg

Tournament or not, Mike aint going anywhere this year. Deal with it.

Love this kid's attitude.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hog.goblin on January 09, 2017, 09:59:28 am
Every coach deserves 8 or 9 years to get his guys.

Honestly I'm rooting for Mike, but I never expected it to work out.

I wasn't sure it was going to work but now it looks like its going to. Today, there is more than just optimism, there are tangible signs that the program is starting to level off and begin a steady rise back to being relevant nationally.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Letsroll1200

I like the attitude but it could come off as a little disrespectful to the current players.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: LRHawg on January 09, 2017, 10:08:06 am
Tournament or not, Mike aint going anywhere this year. Deal with it.

Because of 2017 and 2018 recruiting classes he gets 2 more seasons. If we are not to the sweet sixteen by that point then a change is the necessary. Being simply a bubble team or NIT team will only cut it two more seasons after this one. But the Anderson sycophantic people want him to have a lifetime contract and CELEBRATE a 26 point loss. This is a game the team quit playing defense in the last 10 minutes or so. What's to celebrate?

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 09, 2017, 10:16:50 am
I like the attitude but it could come off as a little disrespectful to the current players.

His comments were directed to the guys who are coming with him. To me, he was just projecting himself into that situation (one that he knows is coming) and was also having a gut reaction to watching his future team lose a game (as well as a highly desired recruit) to our (at one-time) big rival.

Hopefully, when he gets here we are already on a two or three game winning streak and it really is a rivalry.
Hogs up! Covid down!

LRHawg

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on January 09, 2017, 10:22:31 am
Because of 2017 and 2018 recruiting classes he gets 2 more seasons. If we are not to the sweet sixteen by that point then a change is the necessary. Being simply a bubble team or NIT team will only cut it two more seasons after this one. But the Anderson sycophantic people want him to have a lifetime contract and CELEBRATE a 26 point loss. This is a game the team quit playing defense in the last 10 minutes or so. What's to celebrate?

Who's celebrating the Kentucky loss? I'm not exactly the world's biggest F.O.M, but I want to see 2018+ through before I go calling for him to be fired. While I am displeased at the last few years recruiting, he has turned it up a notch and in my opinion, deserves to coach to at least 2018.

FineAsSwine

Hogs up! Covid down!

SPAL

A probable McDonald's AA is not elite enough for some of our fans. Brilliant.