Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next Steps for Donnie Tyndall

Started by jbcarol, April 21, 2014, 10:22:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

GoVolsXtra ‏@GoVolsXtra 1h
Jabari McGhee, a 6-foot-8 forward from Hargrave Military Academy in Chatham, Va., verbally commits to UT

Ben Frederickson ‏@Ben_Fred 1h
Will be interesting to see if/how the addition of Jabari McGhee impacts Philip Cofer's decision.

Ben Frederickson @Ben_Fred  ·  11h

Philip Cofer says he isn't sure when he'll visit Tennessee, but plans on taking an official. Hopes to have it scheduled by next week.

Shun Williams @OntheRadarHoops  ·  12h

Former Tennesee commit Phil Cofer @LifeisDeep_ is down to Florida state Georgia Tech, Tennesee, & Virginia Tech
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Who's Left? The Best Available High School Basketball Recruits

Quote1. Larry Austin: The 6-foot-1 point guard from Springfield Lanpher High School in Illinois is ranked No. 117 in our nation and was released from his NLI from Tennessee earlier in April...

2. Phil Cofer: A 6-foot-8 forward and former Tennessee commit, Cofer was recently released from his Letter of Intent but Rivals.com's No. 120 player in our nation...

3. Jordan Cornish: A 6-foot-6 shooting guard and another former Tennessee commit — sense a patten here?

Cofer's father played football at UT and Coach Tyndall brought his entire staff to make a home visit.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Wes Rucker ‏@wesrucker247  19h
#Vols coach Donnie Tyndall talks about his first TN signee — a Top247 forward: (FREE READ) http://bit.ly/1i1ZECZ

Wes Rucker ‏@wesrucker247  19h
Jabari McGhee's height/weight are listed all over the place. First time I see him in person, I'm brining a scale and a tape measure.

jbcarol

Ben Frederickson @Ben_Fred  ·  7h
Blog: #Vols have shown interest in released Ohio signee Tariq Owens, according to his father http://knoxblogs.com/fastbreak/2014/05/03/donnie-tyndall-co-mix-released-ohio-signee-owens/ ...

While Tariq Owens is listed as 6-foot-9, his dad swears he's now a half-inch shy of 6-foot-11. He's a three-star recruit according to 247Sports, the 29th-best forward in the 2014 class and the sixth-best player in Maryland. Meanwhile Scout.com gave him four stars and a top-100 spot (No. 99) on its list of 2014 prospects.

GoVolsXtra @GoVolsXtra  ·  5h
Southern Miss signee Willie Carmichael requests release, eyes Tennessee (via @Ben_Fred)  http://ow.ly/wrnHR

Willie Carmichael, forward from Wekiva High School in Apopka, Fla., confirmed to the News Sentinel on Friday that he completed the online paperwork necessary to be released from his National Letter of Intent.

Carmichael (6-7, 195) said new Southern Miss coach Doc Sadler agreed to grant the release.

"He said he wouldn't like to be held back if he was in my position," Carmichael said.

For Tennessee fans, the obvious question is this: could Carmichael — along with any other potential Southern Miss defections — be added to a UT roster that is all too familiar with see-you-later signees.

Former UT coach Cuonzo Martin's four signees were released when Tyndall came on board, and only one (forward Philip Cofer) has shown an interest in being re-recruited by the Vols.

Carmichael wouldn't mind wearing orange.

"That would be first on my list if it's possible," he said of potentially following Tyndall to UT. "But I'm waiting to get released so I can talk to other coaches again."

Carmichael also floated the idea of a package deal. He said he is close with point guard Rasham Suarez, a Southern Miss signee who just finished his sophomore season at the College of Central Florida, an Ocala-based JuCo. While Carmichael said Suarez (6-3, 205) has not made up his mind about his future, the two have at least discussed the possibility of making a jump together.

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on April 27, 2014, 08:18:45 am
Ben Frederickson ‏@Ben_Fred  16h
Doesn't sound like State Fair CC G Kevin Punter will be in Knox this weekend, according to his coach Kevin Thomas. Still chance he comes next weekend

Kev Punter ‏@_KP5  20h
Decisions Decisions

Kev Punter @_KP5  ·  18m 
Enjoyed My Visit Here At Tennessee.
#GreatPlace

Ben Frederickson @Ben_Fred  ·  29m
Kevin Punter has picked the #Vols over Missouri. State Fair Community College guard says he will sign with UT "in a few minutes."

Kev Punter @_KP5  ·  39m
I Am Officially The Newest Member Of The Tennessee Vols !! I Will Be Spending My Next 2 Years In The City Of Knoxville. #VFL #Vols

jbcarol

Patrick Brown @patrickbrownTFP  ·  May 2 
Donnie Tyndall's 'real, 100 and straightforward' message jumps out to Jabari McGhee, #Vols newest hoops signee. http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/may/03/vols-sign-mcghee-from-hargrave-military/ ...

Patrick Brown @patrickbrownTFP  ·  May 2 
McGhee called Donnie Tyndall 'a live wire.' ... 'He's excited about breakfast. I love being around those kinds of guys.' #Vols

jbcarol

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2014/may/12/college-basketball-former-eagle-eric-mcknight-to

6-9 FGCU Sr. Eric McKnight is transferring to Tennessee with immediate eligibility.

He served a suspension of 12 games in 2013 and was announced in April as leaving in April for pro ball.

jbcarol

Ben Frederickson @Ben_Fred  ·  4h
Another Tyndall signee RT @munzly: Junior college point guard Jaysean Paige has been released from his letter of intent at Southern Miss.

jbcarol

Donnie Tyndall has been wheeling and dealing since the former Morehead State coach moved up the ladder from Southern Miss to Tennessee.

Inheriting a ravaged roster in Knoxville, Tyndall has worked overtime bringing players into the Big Orange fold.

Ben Frederickson @Ben_Fred  ·  12h

Former Ohio signee Tariq Owens starts official visit to UT tomorrow as planned, according to his dad. Leaves Friday — in time for HS prom.

GoVolsXtra @GoVolsXtra  ·  2h

Twitter Q/A: Keeping up with Donnie Tyndall's roster (via @Ben_Fred) http://ow.ly/wRUM1

jbcarol

Patrick Brown @patrickbrownTFP  ·  23h

Tennessee announces the addition of IUPUI transfer Ian Chiles.

In release, Donnie Tyndall says Chiles brings a 'strong, physical and experienced lead guard to our team.'

Tyndall on Chiles: 'With his experience at the Division I level, he'll have an opportunity to come in and provide leadership from day one.'

jbcarol

QuoteDonnie Tyndall's hurry-up recruiting is risky business

John Adams, Senior Columnist for the Knoxville News-Sentinel

http://www.govolsxtra.com/staff/john-adams

jbcarol

Ben Frederickson @Ben_Fred  ·  3h
Here's #Vols coach Donnie Tyndall's full quote on the status of potential transfer Darius Thompson

jbcarol

Wiedmer: Despite having former coach Cuonzo Martin's entire four-man recruiting class receive releases from their scholarships and two returning players abandon ship after Martin took the California job, the tenacious Tyndall somehow has cobbled together no worse than a 12-man team for next year, assuming rising sophomore point guard Darius Thompson returns.

"Our goals and aspirations are certainly different than what I tell you guys [the media]," he said with a grin. "I hope we'll be the most overachieving team in the country. I hope we'll outwork and out-tough peple. But I also hope our fans will be understanding."

QuoteButch Jones's assessment of Tyndall after hanging with him on the caravan tour:

"Oh, I love him," Jones said. "Donnie's got a great sense of humor. He's always laughing."

Jones paused, then added, "There is one thing, though. He's got to learn to put that phone of his on vibration or something. It rings nonstop."

If those calls are from kids turning their backs on Top 5 and Top 10 programs to sign with the Vols, Tyndall just might become UT's first Tyn-ured basketball coach.

jbcarol

Ben Frederickson @Ben_Fred  ·  1h
Schools showing interest in #Vols transfer A.J. Davis: Clemson, Florida State, Central Florida and DePaul.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Evan Daniels @EvanDaniels  ·  17h
BREAKING: Tariq Owens' has committed to Tennessee, per his father.

Ben Frederickson @Ben_Fred  ·  16h
Owens' signing means #Vols have 13 scholarship players -- the NCAA limit -- for 2014-15. No guarantee roster shifting is complete, though.

Ben Frederickson ‏@Ben_Fred
Tariq Owens said he grew from 5-foot-10 to nearly 6-11 from freshman year of HS. I asked him what that was like. "It hurts," he said.

Ben Frederickson @Ben_Fred  ·  15h
New #Vols signee Tariq Owens said Donnie Tyndall "seemed like a coach who is going to tell the truth and doesn't sugarcoat it."

jbcarol

Vols get quick makeover under Donnie Tyndall

Thursday marked the one-month anniversary of Tyndall's introduction as Tennessee's basketball coach. One day earlier, UT announced the signing of 6-foot-10 forward Tariq Owens — the eighth new Vol.

Talk about an extreme makeover. In the course of a month, Tyndall has reshaped UT's roster. And he might not be done just yet.

QuoteThings have been in a state of flux since Cuonzo Martin departed and Tyndall arrived. The Vols lost four seniors plus junior post player Jarnell Stokes, who declared for the NBA draft. Josh Richardson is the only returning starter.

In addition, three players were granted releases to transfer elsewhere. Among them was point guard Darius Thompson of Murfreesboro, who is headed to Virginia. There are whispers seldom-used center Rawane "Pops" Ndiaye won't be back for his senior season, with a decision on his future likely to come next week.

Credit Tyndall for doing the right thing and clearing the path to the nearest exit for those who wanted to leave UT. Sure, it hurts in the near term, but Tyndall says he is in this for the long haul. And he doesn't want players on the roster who are not totally committed to the program in this transition phase.

Tyndall's recruiting fast break features players from seven different states, none of them his current base of operations.

Moving forward, Tyndall has made it clear that he wants to recruit Tennessee first, locking down the state's borders and cracking the recruiting code in the talent-rich Memphis area.

Anybody surprised? Of course not. All seven of the coaching hires at UT in the past quarter-century have said the same thing, and all failed to varying degrees.

Shortly after getting the job, Tyndall suggested he would try to fortify the roster with whatever was available — transfers, junior-college talent, high school seniors, prep schoolers. And that's exactly what he's done.

Five signees have attended a junior college or prep school. Nobody should be surprised by that. Of the 14 players he signed while coaching at Southern Miss, nine were from junior colleges. Along those lines, Tyndall has shown an ability to successfully merge quick-fix recruits with returning talent.

Of course, it's fair to wonder why these players were available at this late hour. There are risks in the group.

jbcarol

Patrick Brown @patrickbrownTFP  ·  8h
Donnie Tyndall talks his new nickname, the new and old on his roster, Josh Richardson, music, movies + more. http://timesfreepress.com/news/2014/may/27/tyndall-fine-with-donnie-knoxville ... #Vols

Fine with "Donnie Knoxville"

QuoteQ: In a sport with 13 scholarships, you've obviously undergone quite the overhaul with eight new scholarship players. Did you envision it being this big of an overhaul when you accepted the job?

A: "I don't know about eight, but I certainly planned on six or maybe seven guys. In today's day and age of college basketball, people would like to believe that guys sign with a school, but in reality these young people are signing because of the coach. I don't take it as a slap in the face, so I never took things personally, and that's why I gave those guys their release. I understand the climate and how it works.

"All the guys I signed at Southern Miss wanted to come to Tennessee, and it's because of the relationships that have been built, so I did expect it."

Q: When you were at Southern Miss, did you ever view Tennessee as the SEC's third-best program behind Kentucky and Florida?

A: "I really did not, because I think there are some schools with great recruiting back yards like Georgia and Alabama, and then you had Texas A&M and Missouri coming into the league. I thought it was an upper-half-of-the-league type of job for sure, but now that I've been here for a month, I don't think there is any question it's an upper-echelon type of job in the SEC.

"In due time, I think we can be competitive for an SEC championship run each and every year."

Q: If you win at Rupp Arena, will you perform a "Harlem Shake" that tops the one you did at Southern Miss?

A: "We're going to expect to win at Rupp each and every year, and we're going to expect to beat the Kentuckys and Floridas each and every year. Let's save that for a Final Four appearance or something like that."

jbcarol

Ben Frederickson @Ben_Fred  ·  16h
Blog: #Vols coach Tyndall on Eric McKnight, second chances and team discipline http://ow.ly/xjZne

QuoteAfter McKnight committed to UT on May 12, Florida Gulf Coast coach Joe Dooley told Dana Caldwell of the Naples Daily News that the high-flying forward was actually kicked off the team because he had once again violated an undisclosed team rule. This was the third time McKnight had been linked to a rule violation at the school. He had missed 12 game to start the season and sat out an early-season tournament in 2012-13 due to similarly vague violations.

"He violated team policies, so he couldn't come back," Dooley told the newspaper. "He knew what the parameters were and so did we."

Tyndall, however, said he wasn't aware McKnight's most recent violation before McKnight committed.

"I didn't know anything about the fact that he had been dismissed," Tyndall said Friday.

"I was very point-blank, matter-of-fact with Eric that these will be our expectations. These will be my expectations. We are going to hold you accountable for everything you do. If you don't want to be part of it then don't come. Don't come. That's how I handle everybody. He was fine. He admitted he made mistakes. He didn't hide from it. He didn't make excuses for it. He's excited to have this opportunity. He knows if he doesn't do what he's supposed to do it will be short-lived."

jbcarol

Dequon Miller @MrIrrelevant_0  ·  6m
Woke up Blessed to have a offer from the University of Tennessee 🙏.....the grind don't stop tho gotta keep working #GoOrange #Vols 🏀

Tennessee JuCo PG

jbcarol

GoVolsXtra @GoVolsXtra  ·  3h
Tyndall: UT center Rawane Ndiaye will participate in first summer school session: http://ow.ly/xoaVX

QuoteA meeting between Tennessee men's basketball coach Donnie Tyndall and Rawane "Pops" Ndiaye resulted in an extension, more or less, for the reserve center who has been the subject of growing transfer speculation since Tyndall was hired on April 22.

Ndiaye will be with the Vols through UT's first session of summer school before the senior and his team revaluate their future together, Tyndall told the News Sentinel in a text message Thursday morning.

UT's first summer session started Thursday. It ends July 2. In between Tyndall can work his players out in NCAA-allowed four-man sessions...

UT's roster is currently filled to the NCAA limit with 13 scholarship players. Tyndall has said previously he planned on entering the summer with 12 players and one scholarship to spare.

NDiaye averaged one and one for the Vols in '13-14 playing behind Maymon and Stokes.

jbcarol

Ben Frederickson @Ben_Fred  ·  3h
#Vols coach Donnie Tyndall has announced the hires of Beau Braden (Video Coordinator) and R.J. Rush (Special Assistant to the Head Coach)

jbcarol

Dequon Miller @MrIrrelevant_0  ·  1h
Headed to University of Tenn Wednesday on a unofficial can't wait to get my 5 officials in August. Vol Fans what's up?

jbcarol

Ben Frederickson @Ben_Fred  ·  19h

Asked for initial impressions from Monday's summer session, Tyndall said he was surprised by Derek Reese's athleticism.

Tyndall said there will be no update on status of potential transfer Rawane Ndiaye until the end of summer session 1.

Tyndall on Richardson: "He has to lead. If he doesn't lead our team, I'm kicking him off. He's a guy, so far, who has embraced that role."

Tyndall: "I like our athleticism. I wish the guys could gain weight as easily as I do. If they could do that they would be in great shape."

Tyndall: "Chemistry will work itself out. They are told numerous times they will decide their own roles based on how productive they are."

Tyndall on Chiles: "Ian is in. He's here. He's good to go."

"Daddy, what happened to Number 5?" - kid at a future Vols game wondering how Jarnell Stokes (6-8, 260) turned into Ian Chiles (6-1, 200).

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on May 30, 2014, 04:23:25 pm
Dequon Miller @MrIrrelevant_0  ·  1h
Headed to University of Tenn Wednesday on a unofficial can't wait to get my 5 officials in August. Vol Fans what's up?

Dequon Miller @MrIrrelevant_0  ·  23m
Tennessee............WOW!!!! Def enjoyed open run and my time in Knoxville...

'15 PG

jbcarol

Tennessee basketball program's first day of summer workouts under head coach Donnie Tyndall.

jbcarol

Wes Rucker @wesrucker247  ·  13h
Father of Top247 PG prospect Nick Rogers said #Vols visit today was 'wonderful': (FREE READ) http://bit.ly/1nUaBLN  #Bolts

Top 40 PG in the '15 class

jbcarol

CourtCred @courtcred  ·  21h
New Tennessee Head Coach Donnie Tyndall has a sneaker collection of abt 400 pair. Definitely will spark conversation on the recruiting front

jbcarol

Ben Frederickson @Ben_Fred  ·  2h
#Vols guard Robert Hubbs has been scratched from the Rocky Top League player's list. Left shoulder still not cleared.

Knoxville area summer league featuring current and former Vol players.

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on May 29, 2014, 12:03:34 pm
GoVolsXtra @GoVolsXtra  ·  3h
Tyndall: UT center Rawane Ndiaye will participate in first summer school session: http://ow.ly/xoaVX

NDiaye averaged one and one for the Vols in '13-14 playing behind Maymon and Stokes.

Reports that Ndiaye tore an ACL in a pickup game.

jbcarol

Mike Strange @Strangemike44  ·  Jun 18
Tyndall says he's still recruiting for #Vols' roster spot. Senior transfer PG would be ideal.

jbcarol

Retweeted by Donnie Tyndall
Tennessee Chamber @TNChamber  · 
Also a HUGE thank you to @UTCoachTyndall for coming out to the @usbank #Knoxville reception #GoVOLS @AlyceBurdine

jbcarol

Vols assistant Al Pinkins: "It's tough to go into Memphis and sign players. To go in there and get players, you have to have relationships."

Pinkins said team would consider using open 2014 scholarship on a PG transfer who could play immediately. That pool's getting small though.

jbcarol

Tennessee Basketball @Vol_Hoops  ·  2h
#tbt Vol head coach Donnie Tyndall as a young baller at Northview High School in Grand Rapids, Mich.
http://instagram.com/p/ptUGQjyqoT/

jbcarol

Ben Frederickson @Ben_Fred  ·  22h
#Vols RT @TheRecruitScoop: Tennessee offered 2015 PF Jonathan Nwankwo of House of Sports (NY) during his visit yesterday.

jbcarol

Ben Frederickson @Ben_Fred  ·  19h
Neat story about Tyndall and a young fan in here RT @Vol_Hoops: Check out our July newsletter: http://1tn.co/1pEhRfB

QuoteSo the Lales, who live in Knoxville, waited for a day on which Jaxon
felt well enough to make the trip to campus following his treatment at
East Tennessee Children's Hospital, where his mother, Tiffany, is a nurse.

Just a few days after his initial conversation with (Director of Basketball Operations) Phelps, Cameron—who is an active Air Force service member stationed at McGhee
Tyson Airport—called the basketball office after Jaxon's daily treatment,
and said Jaxon was ready to stop by.

"I never thought we'd be able to just walk right into the coach's
office and talk to him. We're just regular civilian people. Then when
we got there the whole staff was just like, 'Hey, how are you doing?'
They were just normal guys. Coach Tyndall sat down and hugged my
son; he is just a normal guy."

Likewise, Jaxon approaches each day like a normal kid. The recent
kindergarten graduate loves Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and building
with Legos.

"He gets done with his chemo or radiation or whatever treatment
he has for the day, and he gets home and he wants to go outside,"
Cameron Lale said. "So we've been really lucky that he hasn't been
really sick; he's felt sick a few times but nothing major."

jbcarol

Tennessee Basketball @Vol_Hoops  ·
Kentucky writer @JerryTipton with a nice piece on @UTCoachTyndall: http://1tn.co/1rjwOmJ

QuoteThe late Dick Fick, then in his second season as the Morehead Eagles' coach in 1992-93, did not allow Tyndall to dress for practice. Fick did not like that a student-teaching requirement meant that Tyndall would arrive about 15 minutes late each day.

So Tyndall, one of the few holdover players from the previous coaching regime, had to sit in the bleachers or along the sideline and watch his teammates practice. Day after day.

"His way of trying to get me to quit," Tyndall recalled Tuesday. "But I never quit anything in my life."

Chuck Mraz, who has called Morehead State games on the radio for 25 years, laughed as he recalled Tyndall's stubborn refusal to go away.

"Fick basically wanted to run him off the team," said Mraz (pronounced Mah-roz). "But he wouldn't go. He just wouldn't leave."

jbcarol

Jerry Tipton: With the Southeastern Conference planning to expand each team's number of permanent home-and-home opponents, Tennessee Coach Donnie Tyndall said the Vols were among the programs that listed Kentucky as a preferred home-and-home opponent in basketball.

Quote"I say this tongue in cheek," Tyndall said. "Coach Hart listed them. I did not.

"Our A.D. (Dave Hart) wants Kentucky in here for ticket sales and revenue. And I get that. Coach Tyndall, with only four returning players and Coach (John) Calipari having nine McDonald's All-Americans, I did not."

Expansion led the SEC to abandon divisional play and concoct an unbalanced schedule that included only one opponent that would be played on a home-and-home basis each season. Kentucky's permanent opponent was Florida.

Other SEC opponents would be played home-and-home on a rotating basis. This happened to mean that Kentucky did not play at Tennessee last season for the first time since 1952-53 (UK did not schedule games that season). Other than the World War II season of 1943-44, UK had played in Knoxville every other season since 1922.

Attention-getting history aside, with SEC basketball reduced to just three NCAA Tournament bids for a second straight year, league officials took notice.

On top of that, Georgia's home attendance (6,126) suffered from not having teams like Kentucky, Florida, Tennessee or Auburn come to Athens last season.

"None of the teams our fans will traditionally come out to see," Georgia Coach Mark Fox said.

No coincidence, the SEC decided to move to three permanent home-and-home opponents beginning in 2015-16.

jbcarol

To replenish a depleted roster, new Tennessee men's basketball coach Donnie Tyndall resorted to finding fifth-year transfers, junior college players and released high school signees.

Of that patchwork bunch, Kevin Punter might have taken the most unusual path to joining the Volunteers.

Just how did a 6-foot-4 guard from The Bronx in New York City end up in Sedalia, a town of a little more than 20,000 in central Missouri, anyway?

Quote"None of us really look at it like that. We look at it like we're all apart of Tennessee, and we're in here for one goal: Get our degrees and try to win as many basketball games as possible."

Punter will need to help provide scoring for a Vols program that lost four of its top five scorers from last season. His track record says he can.

He finished his career at Salesian High School in New Rochelle in 2011 as the program's second all-time leading scorer after averaging 28 points as a senior. In one season at Body of Christ Christian Academy, a prep school in Raleigh, N.C., he scored 24 points per game.

Punter averaged 13 points per game in his first season at State Fair Community College ...

jbcarol

247: New Tennessee men's basketball coach Donnie Tyndall is taking advantage of the NCAA's evaluation period to see players and extend scholarship offers at the Reebok Breakout Classic in Philadelphia...

QuoteVols extended an offer to 7-foot-3 center Jean Marc Christ Koumadje from Montverde Academy in Florida...

Tyndall was watching point guard Jawun Evans (6-0, 165) from Dallas and power forward Kerry Blackshear of Orlando, Fla. Evans is a five-star prospect according to 247Sports and Blackshear (6-8, 220) is a four-star prospect that Jerry Meyer has ranked as the No. 54 prospect in the 2015 class.

Breakout Classic @BreakoutClassic  ·  9h
More than 175 college coaches in the gym tonight.

jbcarol

Tennessee Basketball @Vol_Hoops  ·  46m

.@UTCoachTyndall pupil Kenneth Faried is among 19 players invited to 2014 Men's National Team training camp.

jbcarol

Wes Rucker @wesrucker247  ·  10h

#Vols offered a 4-star 2015 PG from Illinois tonight: http://bit.ly/1pY1iFv  #Bolts

Illinois point guard Glynn Watson, a 6-foot, 160-point prospect from St. Joseph High School in Westchester, Ill., is the nation's No. 75 overall prospect and No. 12 point guard in the 247Sports Composite rankings.

-- Wes Rucker

jbcarol

#Vols hoops showing interest in 6-5 2015 juco guard TJ Dunans from Columbia State Community College, according to @JucoRecruiting.

Matt Daniels @The_Matty_D  ·  2h

@Ben_Fred seen TJ play numerous times. He's a legit high D1 kid. Terrific range. Scores at will. Had 50+ in one game at national tournament

jbcarol

Ben Frederickson @Ben_Fred  ·  14h

Grambling State PG transfer Antwan Scott was in Knox for visit yesterday, today. Left around lunch. Eligible immediately w/ grad waiver.

Sean Isabella @ST_IsabellaTNS  ·  13h
Former Grambling PG Antwan Scott just texted me he plans to transfer to Colorado State. Nothing official but coming from the horse's mouth

Ben Frederickson @Ben_Fred  ·  13h
Grambling State PG transfer was on campus in Knoxville today RT @A_ScoTT12: Colorado State!!!

Re: Antwan Scott, PG who picked CSU after UT visit. #Vols wanted him to have surgery on foot he broke in May. He declined. Affected outcome.

Scott averaged over 15 ppg as a PG for Grambling.

jbcarol

Michael Bonner @MikeBBonner  ·  20h
Donnie Tyndall's first SEC game as Tennessee's head coach will be in Mississippi. http://on.thec-l.com/Vt5zsc

jbcarol

Ben Frederickson @Ben_Fred  ·  7h
Butch Jones stops post practice presser to ask Donnie Tyndall, who walked out of a training room, if he's done the ice bucket challenge yet.

Jones to Tyndall: "You have 24 hours."
Tyndall to Jones: "I just got back from my honeymoon. Give me a break."

jbcarol

Donnie Tyndall had a busy day. Finalized landing Woodson, took Ice Bucket Challenge and challenged Johnny Knoxville https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtJOi-8sCZU&feature=youtu.be ...

6-foot-10 Dominic Woodson will be heaviest player on #Vols roster. By about 80 pounds. Much needed size infusion — if he can play right away

Received some Qs a/b Memphis transfer Dominic Woodson landing w/ #Vols. They want him, but not done deal yet. Could be eligible this season.

jbcarol

#Vols coach Donnie Tyndall speaking at United Way breakfast. He's done 91 speaking appearances since he was hired.

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on August 20, 2014, 08:46:56 pm
Donnie Tyndall had a busy day. Finalized landing Woodson, took Ice Bucket Challenge and challenged Johnny Knoxville https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtJOi-8sCZU&feature=youtu.be ...

6-foot-10 Dominic Woodson will be heaviest player on #Vols roster. By about 80 pounds. Much needed size infusion — if he can play right away

Received some Qs a/b Memphis transfer Dominic Woodson landing w/ #Vols. They want him, but not done deal yet. Could be eligible this season.

Ben Frederickson @Ben_Fred  ·  Aug 28

Tyndall said Dom Woodson "has been very coachable to this point." Needs to improve conditioning. UT wants him to lose 25-30 pounds.