Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Former Ole Miss and USC Interim Ed Orgeron's next stop

Started by jbcarol, September 29, 2013, 02:54:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MountieDawg

His wife graduated from Arkansas State and there is a possibility.
SEC!

chiefsfan

Quote from: ScottFaldon on December 12, 2013, 02:45:03 pm
RT @BFeldmanCBS
Re: #ArkansasState vacancy & Ed Orgeron. "Am told he doesn't have interest in the job.

Feldman has no idea what we are thinking.  He's trying to guess because people are asking.

He had the strangest coach list the other day, none of which are in our top 3 from what I understand.
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

nextlevel

Quote from: ScottFaldon on December 12, 2013, 04:25:08 pm
He didn't say ASU wasn't interested. He said Orgeron wasn't.

ASU isn't a job you just turn down...wait...lol.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS 2h
Re: #ArkansasState vacancy & Ed Orgeron. "Am told he doesn't have interest in the job.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

ricepig

I've told you, it's Gruden, Saban, and whoever takes the job, in that order.

Chestodrawers

Quote from: YodaHog on December 12, 2013, 12:46:27 pm
Would be a home run hire, but they would run the risk of another one and done.
Its a good deal for everyone apparently. Guy told me today that a banker in Jbur, a deep pockets donor, said the the last three coaches have neted them 3 milliion bucks by leaving. The team is having success. He this guy told him its hard to mad at anybody for anything. Now I know about the 1.75 mil this year, but I didn't know there was any buyout money on the other two.

ricepig

Quote from: ScottFaldon on December 12, 2013, 05:30:18 pm
Rumor has it Gruden was looking at a house in Walnut Ridge today. Big fan of Polar Freeze.

Now, if you had said Don's or the Dairy King, I would have bought that one.

Tankster

Tim Harris

Quote from: Tankster on December 12, 2013, 06:08:49 pm
Per this story on CBS, Chris Ash could be interested in ASU or Bowling Green jobs...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jeremy-fowler/24373764/coaching-changes-daily-updates-on-florida-oc-arkansas-state-more

Ash has made it very clear he WANs to be a HC. It will end p being a small school like one of those. Not sure it will be this offseason though.

Ramtough

They have shown you can get some talent up there and win alot of games but they just don't have the money to hold on to a solid coach. They need a guy that loves the area and isn't looking for a springboard job. Maybe they need an older guy that is trying to finish out his last 5-6 years of coaching.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: ScottFaldon on December 12, 2013, 02:45:03 pm
RT @BFeldmanCBS
Does not mean his agent is not interested on his behalf.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Albert Einswine

Quote from: rocknrollcoastie on December 12, 2013, 12:49:51 pm
After the fiasco at Ole Miss I think it may take Ed more than one year to prove he can be a head coach plus his wife is from Jonesboro she may not want to move after a year....happy wife happy life

She's from Lake City.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

ricepig

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

ricepig

Quote from: ScottFaldon on December 12, 2013, 06:36:18 pm
Gruden is demanding free froyo for life and prime seats at Beatles at the Ridge.

Hmm... no fair, you've got sources on this.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: ScottFaldon on December 12, 2013, 06:36:18 pm
Gruden is demanding free froyo for life and prime seats at Beatles at the Ridge.

Ain't that a gas?  The Beatles make an unscheduled stop for airplane gas 50 years ago and Walnut Ridge has recently decided it was a watershed, cultural/historic event worth cashing in on.

Bono really needs to play up the Johnny Cash/Elvis Presley concert in the school gym before either was known outside the immediate mid-South that got so raucous that part of the basketball court collapsed under the strain.

secfan30

Quote from: rocknrollcoastie on December 12, 2013, 12:49:51 pm
After the fiasco at Ole Miss I think it may take Ed more than one year to prove he can be a head coach plus his wife is from Jonesboro she may not want to move after a year....happy wife happy life

He did pretty good in 8 games for USC. A good year at Astate could get him a new job.

BPsTheMan

apparently there was no response to that

SteveInArk

Quote from: jbcarol on December 12, 2013, 05:01:04 pm
Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS 2h

Well, duh ....
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

HawgFan70

Quote from: ScottFaldon on December 12, 2013, 05:30:18 pm
Rumor has it Gruden was looking at a house in Walnut Ridge today. Big fan of Polar Freeze.

This made me LOL, +1
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

berryhog

Quote from: ScottFaldon on December 12, 2013, 08:58:43 pm
Gruden is now demanding a free membership to WRCC. And a lifetime supply of Deep Woods Off when visits.

Hope he doesn't like to play golf.

DeltaBoy

Ed would be a home run hire along with Tigger2 Rhett Lashlee.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

EastArkHog 47

They wouldn't have to worry about him leaving for another head coaching job after one year, well maybe one of the Louisanna directional schools.

jbcarol

Where does Ed Orgeron end up? At this point, my guess is Orgeron will be either the defensive coordinator at Miami (FL) or the head coach at UL-Lafayette. Neither position is open at the moment...

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=6-burning-questions-about-the-coaching-carousel

Explains scenarios in which either or both job becomes available including Franklin taking the FSU job after Jimbo goes to Tejas.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Albert Einswine on December 12, 2013, 06:39:56 pm

Ain't that a gas?  The Beatles make an unscheduled stop for airplane gas 50 years ago and Walnut Ridge has recently decided it was a watershed, cultural/historic event worth cashing in on.

Bono really needs to play up the Johnny Cash/Elvis Presley concert in the school gym before either was known outside the immediate mid-South that got so raucous that part of the basketball court collapsed under the strain.

There is a LOT of business at the Walnut Ridge Airport. Here's a picture of it. Why would it have those nice runways? It's history and why it is as large as it is for a town that size is interesting. Here's a couple of hints. One = Military history. Two = IF you fly on a jet plane that jet engine may fly into Walnut Ridge at some time.

[attachment deleted by admin]
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

OsageJ

Not sure why anyone would want him.  He showed exactly how much he respected the kids at USC by walking out right after he was told he would not get the HC job.  Compare that to John Thompson...he was told he would not be the next HC for the second year in a row but is still trying to help stAte win a bowl game.  Not HC material but a dang good man.

KCRazorbackfan

Would you go back after being snided for the HC job?
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

HoggusMaximus

For double the salary they we're paying me previously.

KCRazorbackfan

zane

I hope he gives them the proverbial middle finger!!

Actually- I hope he gives then the literal middle finger
RIP LSUfan

superior_wang

Quote from: KCRazorbackfan on December 23, 2013, 09:10:57 am
Seriously, someone smites me for THIS TOPIC?

welcome to hogville. many angry, angry people here.

WilsonHog

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

IBleedRazorbackRed

KCRazorbackfan

Quote from: superior_wang on December 23, 2013, 09:16:07 am
welcome to hogville. many angry, angry people here.

With your ratio, we both must p*ss a lot of people off.  Oh well, ho freaking ho.  It's the holidays.

ifghog

He might surprise me but I just can't see him going back. Too many options out there. USC really stuck it to him...at least in his opinion.

hoggusamoungus

superior_wang

Quote from: KCRazorbackfan on December 23, 2013, 09:24:29 am
With your ratio, we both must p*ss a lot of people off.  Oh well, ho freaking ho.  It's the holidays.

If you post it, they will smite.

HawgFan70

I guess if it were me it would all depend on my other options and financial situation. I know pride would be a factor.
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

KCRazorbackfan

Hoggie17

There are some sophomoric immature posters that do most of the smiting.  That's why it has lost its original purpose.

RollHogTide

I would be surprised if he returned.  I never really thought much of him when he was the Ole Miss HC, but I must admit based on what I saw and read - he did a fantastic job at USC.  The players seemed to really like him and it appeared that he turned the program around after Kiffin was released.

Chief Mac

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 23, 2013, 09:17:45 am
He's turned down $1 million a year already.

I would take that as he is in fact not going to coach at USC regardless how much money they throw at him. 
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

The_Bionic_Pig

What makes you think it was a Hog fan...Richard Davenport has more smites than you and he only brings info very rarely states opinion.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HiggiePiggy

He is a cry baby.  They don't want him as the head coach because they have seen him as a head coach and he isn't that good.  He needs to stay as a coordinator.  To me he is like Muschamp. Stay as a coordinator because you can't handle the pressures as a head coach.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Inhogswetrust

I can remember one time in particular where an interim head coach was asked and agreed to stay on in a coordinators role at the same place. That would be Danny Ford talking Joe Kines into staying on at Arkansas as DC. The funny part was Kines had brought Ford in as a "consultant" while he was the interim head coach.

Boston RedHogs

I've been on HV for over 4 years, and I've never applauded or smited anyone.  Personally, I think the idea of applauding/smiting is a bit ridiculous.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Hoggie17

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on December 23, 2013, 10:41:12 am
What makes you think it was a Hog fan...Richard Davenport has more smites than you and he only brings info very rarely states opinion.
It's the immature kids that post on here that do the smiting, At least if you look at numbers.

KCRazorbackfan

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on December 23, 2013, 10:41:12 am

Hmmm, I don't remember saying I thought it was a Hog fan; like Hoggie17 said, it was probably a sophomoric immature poster, who's probably a troll anyway.  BTW, you're a Mod, what was the original purpose of applauds/smites anyway?

ChemEHawg

December 23, 2013, 11:40:17 am #99 Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 01:09:51 pm by ChemEHawg
FWIW,

Coach Sarkisian was a guest on J-Moore sports talk show a week or so ago. J-Moore asked the same question as the OP and Coach Sark said he tried reaching out to Orgeron for feedback and pointers on the team make up. Sark lauded what Orgeron had done with the team and called him "an outstanding Trojan." However, Coach Sark said that it was doubtful that Orgeron would be asked to come back or would even be receptive to the idea.
Thanks for all the info.  Will probably stick to one of the places close to the hotel so that if I have a few too many I can stagger back.  Nothing better than your kids seeing you drunk.  I don't look at it as a bad example but rather a cautionary tale.<br /><br />-Dwight_K_Shrute<br /><br />I can't wait to have kids...