Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Former Ole Miss and USC Interim Ed Orgeron's next stop

Started by jbcarol, September 29, 2013, 02:54:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackrabbit Hog

When asked for a comment on this story, Orgeron stated, "Grogum qzoeuis mumbln prunufp."
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 23, 2013, 09:17:45 am
He's turned down $1 million a year already.
By Hogville logic that means he has probably agreed to be a line coach at Arkansas for $300,000. :)

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hoggie17 on December 23, 2013, 09:51:17 am
There are some sophomoric immature posters that do most of the smiting.  That's why it has lost its original purpose.

Boo Hoo Hoo. Only immature posters post about others smiting.............................. -1 to you.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on December 23, 2013, 12:11:08 pm
When asked for a comment on this story, Orgeron stated, "Grogum qzoeuis mumbln prunufp."

And that was on a good day!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jackflash

Read somewhere he was living in a motel, while is family was still in La. Can't see him doing that again.

rude1

Ed O needs to swallow his pride. I guess he hasn't noticed that nobody else is lining up to give him a HC job at the BCS level.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: jackflash on December 23, 2013, 01:08:20 pm
Read somewhere he was living in a motel, while is family was still in La. Can't see him doing that again.

Actually, that's close....

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Hoggie17

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on December 23, 2013, 10:55:55 am

I've been on HV for over 4 years, and I've never applauded or smited anyone.  Personally, I think the idea of applauding/smiting is a bit ridiculous.

I wouldn't worry about it.
I agree, I have never given anyone a smite or applaud.  I think is more like 7th grade girls giving another girl the slient treatment.  Reminds me of the Movie, mean girls.

Marshfieldhog

No, why would you want to live in California? Making $ 1,000,000 a year there is like making $ 500,000 here..cost of living, taxes, housing, earthquakes,  and a state full of freaks would be more than enough to find me a new place to reside.

passinghog

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on December 23, 2013, 02:39:40 pm
No, why would you want to live in California? Making $ 1,000,000 a year there is like making $ 500,000 here..cost of living, taxes, housing, earthquakes,  and a state full of freaks would be more than enough to find me a new place to reside.

earthquakes are nominal; no bigger risk than tornadoes are in Arkansas. The weather is great all year round. As far as freaks are concerned, you have the same thing with methheads in Arkansas. I'll give you the tax burden, but ther's a reason why over 38 million live in California.

grayhawg

Quote from: Showtimehog on December 23, 2013, 03:10:15 pm
earthquakes are nominal; no bigger risk than tornadoes are in Arkansas. The weather is great all year round. As far as freaks are concerned, you have the same thing with methheads in Arkansas. I'll give you the tax burden, but ther's a reason why over 38 million live in California.
So you have no methheads in Cali?

passinghog

Curious where Ed-O is going to end up. He wont be a head coach in 2014, there just aren't that many vacancies, and he isn't a slam dunk, must-have HC. If his price is over $1 million for a position coach, there are about 2-3 places that would paty him that, and that's even debatable as a position coach for this year.

WPS007

passinghog

Quote from: grayhawg on December 23, 2013, 03:12:42 pm
So you have no methheads in Cali?

that and then some lol. But there are almost 40 million people.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: ChemEHawg on December 23, 2013, 11:40:17 am
FWIW,

Coach Sarkisian was a guest on J-Moore sports talk show a week or so ago. J-Moore asked the same question as the OP and Coach Sark said he tried reaching out to Orgeron for feedback and pointers on the team make up. Sark lauded what Orgeron had done with the team and called him "an outstanding Trojan." However, Coach Sark said that it was doubtful that Orgeron would be asked to come back or would even be receptive to the idea.

Cbssports

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24384646/steve-sarkisian-would-like-to-bring-ed-orgeron-back-to-usc

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

tusksincolorado

Quote from: CallMeHog on December 23, 2013, 12:32:32 pm
By Hogville logic that means he has probably agreed to be a line coach at Arkansas for $300,000. :)

NO YOU DIDN'T!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on December 23, 2013, 02:39:40 pm

Hey ... my first two wives were FREAKS! Great fun for a year or three....then you have to change out for a newer model.

Inhogswetrust

It depends on WHERE you live in California. It is a big state with a large variance in weather and temperatures. My son lives in San Jose. Believe me it can get hot there in the summer and cold at nights in the winter. Not Arkansas cold but still cold. IF you've ever been to the desert there or mountains you wouldn't say that California weather is great anytime much less all year.

Chestodrawers

A bunch of that 38 million live there because  of a generous, and easy to scam, welfare system.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Chestodrawers on December 25, 2013, 10:50:38 am
   A bunch of that 38 million live there because  of a generous, and easy to scam, welfare system.

EVERY State in the Union has that problem...look in your own backyard and I guarantee that you will find similar problems...along with corrupt officials.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 24, 2013, 02:59:20 pm
It depends on WHERE you live in California. It is a big state with a large variance in weather and temperatures. My son lives in San Jose. Believe me it can get hot there in the summer and cold at nights in the winter. Not Arkansas cold but still cold. IF you've ever been to the desert there or mountains you wouldn't say that California weather is great anytime much less all year.

Careful now...you may have to paste a map of the West Coast of the United States to prove diversity to some posters. Plus show that California encompasses 2/3rds of the West Coast.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: tusksincolorado on December 25, 2013, 06:15:08 pm
Careful now...you may have to paste a map of the West Coast of the United States to prove diversity to some posters. Plus show that California encompasses 2/3rds of the West Coast.

Good advice. Some people think that some places lack diversity. All states are diverse to some degree including Arkansas. California is the most diverse state overall geologically, physical geographical, human geographical and sociological that I've ever been to and I've been all over it except the northern part.

NoNC4Tubs

jbcarol

Could we see Ed Orgeron in South Beach?

It's been nearly four weeks since Ed Orgeron resigned as an interim/assistant from USC, but he could be making some headlines again here very shortly—and Miami (Fla.) will likely be involved.

QuoteCoach Al Golden has already stated that he'll be evaluating his entire staff the next coming weeks, and you'd have to think that means defensive coordinator Mark D'Onofrio is probably on his way out.

That opens the door for Orgeron, who is still unemployed as his options for a head coaching position are beginning to run out.

Orgeron would be an outstanding fit for this Hurricanes defense that has lacked an identity for several years now, coming off an awful season in which the unit finished 90th in total defense, allowing an average of 426.4 yards and 26.8 points.

Not only would Orgeron bring a fiery touch to the defensive side of the ball, but he's an excellent recruiter that would attract local athletes to South Beach—something the Canes have struggled with in recent years.

Coach O was a D-line coach under Jimmy Johnson.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

JC Shurburtt ‏@jcshurburtt 1h
Parker Orgeron, son of Ed Orgeron, runs impressive 4.25 shuttle at #ArmyCombine...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

moehog

"There is no hope for the satisfied man."

Bubba's Bruisers

Bama already gets whoever that want, so they better hope Ed is actually an elite coach.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HighTide999

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 12, 2014, 04:52:31 pm
Bama already gets whoever that want, so they better hope Ed is actually an elite coach.

Yep his value is as a recruiter.  Don't see where Saban needs help there.  But he is also a players' coach it seems like too.  I still don't get the LK hire.  They missed McElwain this season and especially in the bowl. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

grayhawg

870hogfan

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Too many roosters in one house. I can see conflict coming.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

jbcarol

Dirty

rabidLSUfan

Quote from: HighTide999 on January 12, 2014, 04:55:05 pm
When u got it, u got it.
RTR

And soon you delusional gumps will understand SC and UT's misery... recruiting violations follow these guys like flies to a pile of steaming pachyderm dung. Enjoy your programs inevitable collapse.

GoHogs1091

The following is over on Coachingsearch.com

"Alabama: Several coaches at the AFCA convention believe Nick Saban could target LSU defensive line coach Brick Haley, which could lead to Ed Orgeron joining LSU. Haley earns about $448,000 at LSU and is believed to have a buyout."

http://www.coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

I personally myself have felt for a long time that Brick Haley is the best Defensive Line Coach in all of College Football.  If that occurs, that would be a huge loss for LSU, and a huge gain for Alabama.

rlreev01

HoggyCat

Hearing he's possibly headed to Bama as DC.

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

pigture perfect

Rich get richer. What happened to Kirb Smart?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Cure

They see me trolling.

Come on man. You think Saban will hire Org as his DC when he hasn't done it solo yet?
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

MojoHog

Based off of what I have seen he will end up at LSU. Bama is targeting the LSU DL coach for their DL coaching spot (Don't know either of their names. Surprise surprise..) Not saying he is going to either place just what I saw.
Go Hogs!
Go Pack Go!

Fayettechill14

DL coach. Was a package deal with Lane Kiffin from what I'm hearing.

regi

DL Coach, not DC. Pay attention, no way Saban trust that idiot to run the defense.

PorkerOinker

I wish people would really read things before they post!!! DL not DC.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

mmhogs17

Kiffin and YAWYAW will be the start of the downfall for Bama. They had a nice run.

PorkerOinker

I think Saban will keep his thumb on them unlike Pete Carroll did, and BAMA has the chance to dominate like never before. They were already a recruiting  machine now throw in Ed could be unreal.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

mckinneyhog5

One of my favorite commercials of all time....

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: MojoHog on January 12, 2014, 09:31:50 pm
Based off of what I have seen he will end up at LSU. Bama is targeting the LSU DL coach for their DL coaching spot (Don't know either of their names. Surprise surprise..) Not saying he is going to either place just what I saw.

If Alabama gets Brick Haley (LSU's current DL Coach), then that will be a huge gain for Alabama.  Over on LSU's main message board, several don't want Orgeron over Haley.  Orgeron maybe a better recruiter than Haley, but there is no doubt that Haley is a better DL Coach than Orgeron. 

LSU will have a significant drop off defensively if they lose Haley.

Mr. Prozac

3BoarsDown

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on January 12, 2014, 10:20:11 pm
DL coach. Was a package deal with Lane Kiffin from what I'm hearing.

Not happening.