Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Former Gator and Patriot TE Aaron Hernandez found guilty: 1st degree murder

Started by jbcarol, June 18, 2013, 07:29:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Großer Kriegschwein

Guess we don't have to worry about competing with the Patriots for recruits... oh wait.....

Not hog football related.

EDIT: But was there ever really any doubt?
This is my non-signature signature.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: PositronHog on April 15, 2015, 10:15:26 am
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/04/15/verdict-reached-in-aaron-hernandez-murder-trial/

You might want to check out the other thread in a different forum first............................A LOT of times there is already a thread started before.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PonderinHog

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 15, 2015, 10:20:47 am
You might want to check out the other thread in a different forum first............................A LOT of times there is already a thread started before.

You mean every story that has to do with a football player from anywhere in the world doesn't belong in MMQB?

Just when I was about to post about the australian rules football season.

Slimac4

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on April 15, 2015, 10:17:07 am
Guess we don't have to worry about competing with the Patriots for recruits... oh wait.....

Not hog football related.

EDIT: But was there ever really any doubt?

D0uche alert!

micali

When it's off season almost anything goes in MMQB. Glad I didn't post it.  Some of you guys need to just go with it.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Slimac4 on April 15, 2015, 10:40:34 am
D0uche alert!
Well you better get back to work then. I won't tell anyone you admitted it.

Quote from: micali on April 15, 2015, 10:41:46 am
When it's off season almost anything goes in MMQB.

yeah. I know. Its a slow day at the office.

onebadrubi

I'm honestly shocked without motive, evidence, or a witness they got 1st degree.

Fort Dweller

Too good not to share.  No doubt someone will be offended.

A preacher, a racist and a murderer all walk into a bar...

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 15, 2015, 10:48:59 am
I'm honestly shocked without motive, evidence, or a witness they got 1st degree.

Johnny Cochran is dead. Thats how.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on April 15, 2015, 10:22:22 am
You mean every story that has to do with a football player from anywhere in the world doesn't belong in MMQB?

Just when I was about to post about the australian rules football season.

That's the soccer thread in General Sports
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

PonderinHog

Großer Kriegschwein

Vantage 8 dude

Well apparently the jury, who saw and heard all the testimony and arguments in the trial, felt differently. I've read the authorities not only did a great job of compiling/gathering whatever evidence they could, but that videos from Hernandez's own house helped determine he was lying in terms of his whereabouts at critical times. Sorry, but IMO, from the little I've read and heard, the guy (a thug for a long time) got exactly what he deserved. Too bad it's inadequate justice for the life he apparently took. What punishment can ever equate to that?! BTW as far as no apparent motive is concerned: With AH you apparently need none. If he just wants you out of the way for whatever reason(s) (or none at all) he'll see to it you're removed. He's judge, jury, and executioner.

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Veritas Arkansas

The law doesn't require you to prove motive.  There are also murders proved every day without a witness to the murder.

And clearly there was evidence he did it, otherwise 12 people couldn't have convicted.
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

HogBreath

Not surprised there were not any witnesses, apparently Hernandez has killed about every one who got near him.

And as far as motive, looking at Hernandez was enough to get him to start shooting.

They had the one guy testify who AH had shot, but he wasn't allowed to tell the jury that AH had shot him and left for dead.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Fort Dweller on April 15, 2015, 10:59:31 am

Oh man! You are GOOD! LMAO

Hog N Bama

You forgot the liar that ran the bar  ;)

PositronHog

very funny, plus 1 for you sir....

TrueBlue

Brandon Spikes what an idiot! What is there to be confused about???

‏@BrandonSpikes51
IM CONFUSED ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM THESE DAYS !!!

(In response to the guilty verdict)

HogBreath

Quote from: TrueBlue on April 15, 2015, 01:25:38 pm

‏@BrandonSpikes51

Lol...I saw that...the dude is dumber than wood.  Confused.  Ha..that's a good one.  He better be glad he didn't hang out with AH or he would have ended up shot and confused.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

TrueBlue

Quote from: HogBreath on April 15, 2015, 01:42:17 pm
Lol...I saw that...the dude is dumber than wood.  Confused.  Ha..that's a good one.  He better be glad he didn't hang out with AH or he would have ended up shot and confused.

Dude needs to be more worried about getting signed by another team. What a loser.

TrueBlue

Come to think of it, there were a LOT of idiots on Urban's BCS Championship team @ Florida.

I forgot about the Pouncey twins...

3kgthog

You can be found guilty of 1st degree in that state if the jury believes you were at the scene of the murder. It doesn't matter whether they can prove he pulled the trigger or not.

sickboy

State of New Jersey lumps first degree charges in with accomplices. He was proved to be in the car... Thus 1st Degree. I'm more surprised that he was given no chance at parole.

26.2Hog

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 15, 2015, 02:05:50 pm
You can be found guilty of 1st degree in that state if the jury believes you were at the scene of the murder. It doesn't matter whether they can prove he pulled the trigger or not.

Thank you.  And his attorney admitted, in closing arguments, that Hernandez was at the scene when the murder took place.

hoghappy

GolfnHog

which bodes the question of whether he'll be tried for the other two killings, that are pending, since he got convicted in this case.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

hawginbigd1

I thought when the jury deliberated so long it was going to be an acquital or hung jury, surprised! Still SMDH what a DA!

onebadrubi

Quote from: sickboy on April 15, 2015, 02:08:37 pm
State of New Jersey lumps first degree charges in with accomplices. He was proved to be in the car... Thus 1st Degree. I'm more surprised that he was given no chance at parole.

I did not know that or the other ins and outs.  So that makes sense. 

I did hear today though that 1st degree is mandatory Life without Parole.  So that should answer your question as well.

onebadrubi

Let me state that because I was shocked he got 1st degree, does not mean I think he deserves ANYTHING less.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: TrueBlue on April 15, 2015, 01:25:38 pm

‏@BrandonSpikes51

Nah, actually he's just confused about everything. Then again, who knew?!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: GolfnHog on April 15, 2015, 02:48:38 pm
which bodes the question of whether he'll be tried for the other two killings, that are pending, since he got convicted in this case.
From what I understand, at this point anyway, the cases are apparently going to go forward. Obviously that could change at any time.

PORKULATOR

I'm surprised at the Gainesville police force's decision to DO NOTHING for the sake of college football championships. Is Florida football really a bigger deal than murder?
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Art Vandelay

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on April 15, 2015, 04:20:28 pm
From what I understand, at this point anyway, the cases are apparently going to go forward. Obviously that could change at any time.

It would be crappy to the families of the other victims to call off the other trial, their sons deserve justice too. Also, Hernandez is obviously a serial killer so it would be good to have multiple convictions against him in case one gets thrown out on a technicality. I wouldn't want him out on the streets.

jbcarol

Bob Holt @BobHoltADG  ·  1h 1 hour ago

Bianchi: What if Aaron Hernandez, Lawrence Phillips had been held accountable in college? http://fw.to/0kdyXai

QuoteAaron Hernandez, the former University of Florida superstar tight end, was convicted of murder on Wednesday just two days after Lawrence Phillips, a former University of Nebraska superstar running back, was accused in a homicide...

Where does it all start; what triggers star players into thinking they are above the law; why do they begin believing they can literally get away with murder?

Look no further than our intercollegiate institutions of higher earning, er, learning...

Nobody is saying Meyer and Osborne should now be held responsible for the actions of their former players, but it's certainly fair to wonder how things might have been different if those two players had been held accountable in college.

Everybody knows the story of when Hernandez first signed with UF as a 17-year-old freshman and immediately got into a bar fight and sucker punched the bouncer so hard that it busted the man's ear drum. For some reason, no arrests were made, no charges were filed and no significant disciplinary action was taken. It was almost as if the incident never happened.

The same with a shooting that happened at UF in 2007 in which Hernandez ...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Boston prosecutors have been using this time to build their case atop the mounds of evidence stacked against Hernandez ahead of a pending double homicide trial that will begin later this year, now that the first trial has come to a close.

This time, there's a murder weapon.

The Suffolk Co. DA (trying the Hernandez double-murder case) released a statement Wednesday:

Quote"A previously-scheduled trial date of May 28 has been canceled and has not yet been rescheduled. We expect to select a new court date in the coming days and then set the amended trial track. The Suffolk indictments allege two counts of first-degree murder for the July 16, 2012, shooting deaths of Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado in Boston's South End; three counts of armed assault with intent to murder and one count of assault and battery by means of a dangerous weapon for shots fired at three surviving victims; and one count of unlawful possession of a firearm."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: jbcarol on April 16, 2015, 11:13:25 am
Bob Holt @BobHoltADG  ·  1h 1 hour ago

Bianchi: What if Aaron Hernandez, Lawrence Phillips had been held accountable in college? http://fw.to/0kdyXai

Urban doesn't care........ 8)

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

jbcarol

David Jones @DaveJonesSports  ·  14h 14 hours ago

My take on former #Gators star: Hernandez ultimately has self to blame http://on.flatoday.com/1G5blTM  via @Florida_Today

QuoteProbably the question I've gotten over 100 times in the last year or so? What is Aaron Hernandez really like?

I dealt with the guy for three years. He seemed OK most of time. Did I really know him? Are you kidding? In today's world of major college athletics, you could have covered him during his entire time at the University of Florida, but if you claim as a journalist you knew him well with the way athletes are protected, kept at distance and controlled, you're not telling the truth.

While Hernandez was being taken away to serve a life sentence for murder, the natural instinct is to think you're looking at a monster. The second thing that passes through your head is, who failed him?

And that's where I have to part ways from really feeling sorry for the guy. Did he have a troubled life? Yes. The loss of his father, the few times I heard him say anything about it, was very obvious and sad. Did he like to smoke weed? Apparently a lot more than anyone really understood. Did Urban Meyer create a culture that in some ways fed the beast?

Yes. Yes he did.

Were the Patriots just as guilty as anyone for not addressing things a little better with the guy? Yes.

But before we start to condemn all those around Aaron Hernandez, let's take a step back for just a second. There are a lot of kids who lose fathers. There are a lot of spoiled, pampered athletes out there. Meyer, deep down? He just had his own attitudes and beliefs about how to help kids. We all do. And we all fail at times. Even with our own children.

So who failed Aaron Hernandez?

He failed himself.

Hernandez was given every opportunity in life, every chance to overcome any obstacle. How many of you know someone who grew up in horrible circumstances, much worse than this guy, and turned out just fine. Ultimately, no matter who you are in life, the mirror tells the truth.

What did I think about on Wednesday afternoon? In 20 years on the Gators beat, as far as I know, Hernandez is the only one who will serve a life sentence for being convicted of taking someone else's life.

Bottom line? You can be the greatest athlete on earth, you can have the greatest help to right a weakness. But as Hernandez looked around the court room and looked numb as they put handcuffs on him I had to think, I've seen that expression. He always thought he was unbeatable.

A good trait at games. A bad trait at life.

hawgmasta

Really? I had no idea. Imagine if he had been a hog. Little Rock has produced some great running backs.

The Big O Oliver Squeeler

jbcarol

Brian Fraga @BfragaHN  ·  19 hours ago

Aaron Hernandez lawyers today filed motion for required not guilty finding on murder & carrying firearm w/o a license. No hearing date set

jbcarol

necn ‏@NECN 5h5 hours ago

#BREAKING: #AaronHernandez appeal denied. http://trib.al/tg8yVYV

QuoteAn appeal by former New England Patriots star tight end Aaron Hernandez, related to his murder conviction in the 2013 killing of Odin Lloyd, has been denied.

In the ruling, Superior Court Judge Susan Garsh said that the evidence was in favor of prosecutors.

Hernandez was sentenced to life in prison without parole for Lloyd's murder.

The first-degree murder conviction carries an automatic sentence of life without parole.   

Still pending is a separate request from Hernandez's lawyers to investigate an anonymous tip that a juror in the case might have been untruthful during jury selection.

jbcarol

Ashley Nicole ‏@geeksandcleats 4h4 hours ago

Aaron Hernandez has lost his full mind in prison. He's now a sworn for life Blood member. http://wp.me/p4FHvm-f4T

Beat out DJ Williams for All-SEC TE that time