Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What a win .these Higd just beat OU and the refs

Started by forrest city joe, November 23, 2017, 06:25:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

Great win by our players and coaches.the Hogs were playing 5 on 8,with these BS refs.and they still found a way to win this game.hats off to our players and coaches on a big win. the big guy Gafford is flatout unreal.the sky is the limit for this talented young man.WPS----------------GO HOGS.the hell with the refs,and ESPN.

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Letsroll1200

Mike is building something. Now hopefully people will start to see what a few have been saying.

Fan701

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 23, 2017, 06:25:34 pm
Great win by our players and coaches.the Hogs were playing 5 on 8,with these BS refs.and they still found a way to win this game.hats off to our players and coaches on a big win. the big guy Gafford is flatout unreal.the sky is the limit for this talented young man.WPS----------------GO HOGS.the hell with the refs,and ESPN.
Call me a homer but I don't think Arkansas had one call go their way.  It seemed the refs were doing everything in their power to keep OU in it.

rwspear

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 23, 2017, 06:27:31 pm
Mike is building something. Now hopefully people will start to see what a few have been saying.

building? its already built.

elksnort

it doesn't matter what people say or think. If team wins and plays well then everything will take care of itself

The_Iceman

JONAS

Quote from: Fan701 on November 23, 2017, 06:27:51 pm
Call me a homer but I don't think Arkansas had one call go their way.  It seemed the refs were doing everything in their power to keep OU in it.

You are right.  The refs were horrible.  Anyway, we won.

la20688

I agree on the great win. However, I didn't have much of a problem with the refs. Sure they missed a few here and there, but I'll take that kind of flow every night. If we get refs that let us play like that every game, we're gonna have some fun this year.

elksnort

Were the refs that bad? I thought the flow of the game was great. At least in the first half it was.

Anyway, nice victory.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Absolutely horrific officiating. Im not sure what they were watching when they were tacking all the fouls on Gafford and we couldn't breath on Young every time he would drive. Oh well. We will have to deal with it tomorrow and overcome it like we did today.  Every win from here on out in Oregon is so huge.

LRHawg

There were some iffy calls, but it was noce to see them let some of the tacky calls go.

daprospecta

Quote from: elksnort on November 23, 2017, 06:32:10 pm
Were the refs that bad? I thought the flow of the game was great. At least in the first half it was.

Anyway, nice victory.
The first half, they let them play, second half had a few questionable calls against us whenever we started a run.

HogFansReunited

I saw a few bad calls but the game was officiated pretty well. At least they let them play and didn't call every touch like they did in the Fresno State game.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

HawgnCorona

We got a couple. That is all we needed. So flock'em!
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Letsroll1200

alohawg

There was a stretch in the 2nd half where the refs were definitely wearing sooner colors.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

forrest city joe

Quote from: la20688 on November 23, 2017, 06:31:03 pm
I agree on the great win. However, I didn't have much of a problem with the refs. Sure they missed a few here and there, but I'll take that kind of flow every night. If we get refs that let us play like that every game, we're gonna have some fun this year.
Missed a few here and there? are you freaking kidding me! they gave OU almost every call. and let them get away with a lot of no calls. they were a freaking joke!i don't know how the Hogs overcame their BS and won,but they did.our players and coaches did a heck of a job.o love it.GO HOGS.

Youngsta71701

Oklahoma down North Carolina to go. #EarnRespect is underway.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Yep, would have been a blow if not for the refs. Gonna be even worst the next game.

hawg1221

Quote from: HogFansReunited on November 23, 2017, 06:36:53 pm
I saw a few bad calls but the game was officiated pretty well. At least they let them play and didn't call every touch like they did in the Fresno State game.

Agreed.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: elksnort on November 23, 2017, 06:28:44 pm
it doesn't matter what people say or think. If team wins and plays well then everything will take care of itself
Hogs up! Covid down!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: la20688 on November 23, 2017, 06:31:03 pm
Yeah, the flow of the game was good but Oklahoma got every close call. Or when they did make a call it usually went Oklahoma's way. Did it not?

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: alohawg on November 23, 2017, 06:40:48 pm
There was a stretch in the 2nd half where the refs were definitely wearing sooner colors.

All the calls against Gafford! Smh.

mhuff

Quote from: elksnort on November 23, 2017, 06:32:10 pm

Anyway, nice victory.

It was a good game. I have been saying for three years that Thompson should be on the floor. As the announcers said, " Good things happen when Thompson is in a the lineup and touches the ball.

You can't run a successful press playing back five feet and allowing them to pass over the press. The defense was good , but some defenders were allowing their man to dribble around them and go to the hole. That's got to stop. You have to play on both ends of the court.

Great win CMA and players.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on November 23, 2017, 06:46:55 pm
All the calls against Gafford! Smh.
And they were killing him down low. Pretty much every time he went for a rebound they were hitting and slapping his arms with no call. Good thing he's a tough young man.

jackel1h

An impressive win by a great looking team of Hogs...... WPS...
If your not the lead dog........The view never changes.

sharpd1

I thought they called a fair game. Let em play underneath and not a lot of ticky tack fouls called.

HogBeliever625

Quote from: mhuff on November 23, 2017, 06:47:05 pm
It was a good game. I have been saying for three years that Thompson should be on the floor. As the announcers said, " Good things happen when Thompson is in a the lineup and touches the ball.

You can't run a successful press playing back five feet and allowing them to pass over the press. The defense was good , but some defenders were allowing their man to dribble around them and go to the hole. That's got to stop. You have to play on both ends of the court.

Great win CMA and players.
Stats have Thompson has a -9. Gafford was +18

Youngsta71701

Did you notice every time we threw the ball down low to Gafford they doubled him and he found the open man? Now what were we talking about before the season started? That's right, playing from the inside out rather it's by way of the drive or feeding the post. Good things happen when the ball gets in the paint. It causes the defense to scramble.

rwspear

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 23, 2017, 06:38:09 pm
Keep Watching

i will, because were really really good, and thats the idea of being a fan.

take notes i guess.

elksnort

Off-topic but Nick Fitzgerald seems to be badly hurt

BrooklynRoss

Refs were winded and out of position, yet still if there was any doubt, it went to OK. Nice try, but Mike was in control the entire time. We are going to have to do the same tomorrow but with even less calls.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Youngsta71701

November 23, 2017, 06:57:14 pm #33 Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 09:39:24 pm by Youngsta71701
On another note. Did y'all see how far Gafford took off from on that dunk? Man this dude will be exciting to watch. That dunk reminded me of Blake Griffin when he was in college. And his offensive skill set is much better then people thought it would be. Go Hogs!!

The OTR

Joe you are already in mid season form.  Keep it coming.  Go higd!

rwspear

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 23, 2017, 06:57:14 pm
On another note. Did y'all see how far Gafford took off from on that dunk? Man this dude will be exciting to watch. That dunk reminded me of Blake Griffin when he was in college. And his offensive skill set is much better then people though it would be. Go Hogs!!

yeah i enjoyed watching all the replays too.

oh wait, no i didnt, because ESPN didnt show hog replays or highlights tonight.

mhuff

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 23, 2017, 06:52:11 pm
Did you notice every time we threw the ball down low to Gafford they doubled him and he found the open man? Now what were we talking about before the season started? That's right, playing from the inside out rather it's by way of the drive or feeding the post. Good things happen when the ball gets in the paint. It causes the defense to scramble.

You're right on time. I don't care if you don't have good inside players. The ball has to go inside to open up the outside.

Something I don't understand is why we slowed down to a snails pace at times in the second half. We then had to shoot poor shots or drive the lane hoping to get fouled . What do y'all think ? Otherwise , I would like the ball to move faster. I think the other team probably had better ball movement than us.

Potosihog

Gafford's biggest shot of the game was his deepest of the year.  From the baseline and nailed it!!

This team has all the pieces to be really good.

elksnort

ishankem

AlmaHog2011

Agree Joe as a former basketball official I can tell you we didn't get any 50-50 calls. IMO lack of respect but I was proud of how Mike stood up for his team. We would have beaten them by 20 if the calls were equal. I am in Hog Heaven I live in Oklahoma and I hate OU!!!

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Potosihog on November 23, 2017, 07:08:30 pm
Gafford's biggest shot of the game was his deepest of the year.  From the baseline and nailed it!!

I love that he was unafraid.. That kid is a competitor not just a freak of an athlete. He gets some BS calls.

alohawg

Quote from: Potosihog on November 23, 2017, 07:08:30 pm

That shot was huge, absolutely crucial, and the young fella shot like he does it all the time.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

texas tush hog

We got hosed and still won. Trey Young is as good as advertised though.

alohawg

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 23, 2017, 07:20:11 pm
We got hosed an still won. Trey Young is as good as advertised though.

All true. That kid has Dillard range, fo sho.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

texas tush hog

Quote from: alohawg on November 23, 2017, 07:17:57 pm
That shot was huge, absolutely crucial, and the young fella shot like he does it all the time.

Gafford, I'm afraid is improving at such a rate that I am afraid he will become a one and done.

Swinefeld

Gafford is the missing piece for this team.  He looked like he was watching more than playing in the beginning, but he turned things around.  If he keeps prgoressing, he's going to make this team VERY scary.  Interested to see when he begins to start

ifghog

Refs were fine. We want that kind of officiated game. We foul  a lot. I am a big homer and thought the refs did just fine.

pigture perfect

I think tomorrow will be even worse officiating. I'm convinced 9/10ths of basketball officials come from Kentucky and North Carolina.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 23, 2017, 06:52:11 pm

Gafford is alot better than I anticipated. He looks like a different player. I'm impressed with the work of this staff.