Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Agim Aware.........

Started by Uberanubis, September 22, 2017, 08:41:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Agim and the entire team of players, please hear this.  I FOR SURE AND DANG NEAR EVERYONE ON HOGVILLE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM WITH YOU GUYS.  I BELIEVE YOU ARE GIVING ALL YOU GOT.  IT IS DIFFICULT FROM YOU GUYS POSITION.  I WILL NOT LAY ANY BLAME I FEEL AT THE FEET OF THE PLAYERS.  THE COACHING STAFF, MOSTLY THE HC, I DO BLAME.  I FEEL THEY SHORTCHANGE THE PLAYERS, FANS AND THE MANAGEMENT TEAM ABOVE THEM.

wachhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 22, 2017, 08:45:36 am
I feel bad for these guys. There really is a ton of negativity and theybhavent done anything wrong. Whether it's coaching or whatever, they're likely out there putting it all on the line, only to have morons on twitter and Facebook talk darn to and about them constantly. They deserve a win.
Totally agree. This is not on the kids. And it breaks my heart to see them be criticized.

PorkRinds

Quote from: 12247 on September 22, 2017, 11:57:33 am
Mr. Agim and the entire team of players, please hear this.  I FOR SURE AND DANG NEAR EVERYONE ON HOGVILLE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM WITH YOU GUYS.  I BELIEVE YOU ARE GIVING ALL YOU GOT.  IT IS DIFFICULT FROM YOU GUYS POSITION.  I WILL NOT LAY ANY BLAME I FEEL AT THE FEET OF THE PLAYERS.  THE COACHING STAFF, MOSTLY THE HC, I DO BLAME.  I FEEL THEY SHORTCHANGE THE PLAYERS, FANS AND THE MANAGEMENT TEAM ABOVE THEM.

It's likely that they don't want to hear that about their coaches either, but it's whatever.

hogcard1964

September 22, 2017, 12:06:52 pm #53 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 12:35:38 pm by hogcard1964
Quote from: gchamblee on September 22, 2017, 10:51:15 am
Hogtard also guaranteed a victory over TCU. He said they are a terrible football team. Nearly everything he predicts is wrong.

What we should accomplish and what we actually have under Bert is one of the world's great mysteries.  We should win this week as well and I believe actually will.  If we choke again, are you going to lambaste me because of that?  ;)

hogcard1964

Quote from: Poker_hog on September 22, 2017, 11:48:47 am
Nah.  It'll be used as the scape goat for when we go 6-6.  Next years excuse will be the new qb.

How could a coaching decision that actually makes us worse, be used as an excuse for that specific coaching staff?

oldhog63

Quote from: al_pigcino on September 22, 2017, 10:17:49 am
As much as people want to blame Jeff Long for losses (seriously? lol) or CBB, remember it's the players who aren't executing.  Is it really just the coach's fault that the line can't block or that AA seems to hold the ball for 7 seconds?
That is wrong on so many levels I wouldn't even know where to begin. Have you ever played the game outside of tag/flag football?

Cinco de Hogo

Overal I ALWAYS blame management but that doesn't mean that part of the problem doesn't lie with the players.  For instance according to CBB you can "recruit you own problems", but even then it's still on management isn't it.  We can talk about personnel problems without bashing a player but we can't talk about football without talking about personnel.

oldhog63

Quote from: gchamblee on September 22, 2017, 10:45:06 am
This is what recruits have to look forward to if they come to Arkansas and don't win. A fan base so consumed with stupidity that it will go after them on social media and shame them when they peek out their door. Honestly, this is what we deserve. The people in other threads saying "we want nice things" should stop breaking them every time they get mad. All these "i don't care, just win" people are the ones coming home mad and breaking dishes.
Name me a major P5 university where football is identified with the school and a major part of school spirit (e.g Bama, ND, USC-w, Texas, any SEC school) where the fan base would act any different? I think calling out kids individually is not appropriate, juvenile, and immature. It is the wrong way to vent. But, the administration is fair game if they are not getting it done. Having said that, I do believe there is a right way and a wrong way to show frustration.

I believe what is happening shows the passion the fans have for the program. I also believe that kids understand that and would WANT to play for that type of program and not one where no one cares.

al_pigcino

Quote from: longpig on September 22, 2017, 11:33:22 am
I believe this team has great football players at every position that 1/2 the coaching staffs in the country could win 10 games with.
???

al_pigcino

Quote from: oldhog63 on September 22, 2017, 12:19:13 pm
That is wrong on so many levels I wouldn't even know where to begin. Have you ever played the game outside of tag/flag football?
No points?  You're just going to say it's wrong and give no reason?  A few people on this site know where I played........

When it comes down to it, we are getting beat man on man.  Some of it has to do with technique, but for the most part even TCU out manned us.  The problem is the "we're in the SEC and we are physical" crowd thinks we should man handle everyone.  That isn't the case.  TCU took it to us with better athletes.  You can blame it on development, you can blame it on technique, but in the end without athletes you're fighting up hill. 

oldhog63

Quote from: longpig on September 22, 2017, 11:33:22 am
I'm with you.  I believe this team has great football players at every position that 1/2 the coaching staffs in the country could win 10 games with.  There's a lack of fire and lack of scheme on game day.  Judging by 3 2/3 quarters of the TCU game, Coach Rhoads defense may have fire and scheme, we'll find out Saturday against aTm's less functional offense.
I tend to agree. What we are seeing is not due to a lack of talent.

oldhog63

September 22, 2017, 01:01:45 pm #61 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 01:17:25 pm by oldhog63
Quote from: al_pigcino on September 22, 2017, 12:36:55 pm
No points?  You're just going to say it's wrong and give no reason?  A few people on this site know where I played........

When it comes down to it, we are getting beat man on man.  Some of it has to do with technique, but for the most part even TCU out manned us.  The problem is the "we're in the SEC and we are physical" crowd thinks we should man handle everyone.  That isn't the case.  TCU took it to us with better athletes.  You can blame it on development, you can blame it on technique, but in the end without athletes you're fighting up hill. 
My apologies. I wanted to know if you had played before we got into a detailed, technical discussion because if not, it would be a waste of time. You make good points with this post. I agree, at certain times and situations in a game you have to beat your man physically one on one. But, you also should know that at this level you are not going to just manhandle every player in every position every play. All top 20 teams have good players. And I believe we have top 20 talent. Opposing players are going to make plays.

What sets teams apart are schemes that put your players in position to make plays. If you have a 270 lb defensive lineman going against a 340 lb offensive lineman and expect him to hold his position and control both gaps, you have put that player in a position to fail more than succeed. You cannot expect a guy to consistently beat someone head up who is 40-60 lbs heavier. Another example, on the goal line, you cannot reasonably expect all the offensive linemen to just completely push their guy back into the end zone.

I took your original point(s) to be that we were getting beat all over the field because the players were either not playing well or not good enough. I am countering saying that that is exception and not the rule. I think we are consistently being out-schemed and not putting our players in a position to succeed. I also think our players are not being properly motivated. Only the coaches know their players well enough to know how to motive them. Either way, I lay much more of the blame for our poor results on the coaches and not the players.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 22, 2017, 10:07:10 am
Sorry but when people are calling the team soft, it's not just about the coaches.  When they call them fat and out of shape, not just about the coaches.  When they talk smack about players and their mistakes, not just about coaches. Sure most of it is about coaches, but to pretend it's all about coaches and AD's and not personal to the players is ignoring reality. As proven by Agim's comment.

To be fair Jared Cornelius has put on 40lbs since he got to campus, Agim's face is chubby af, there's far more double chins than adams apples on our roster.

There's a reason why this team fades in the 2nd half.  Herb and our defensive scheme's use of Agim will drop him from a 1st rounder to the 5th.  Agim should be pissed.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

devildoghawg

Quote from: al_pigcino on September 22, 2017, 10:17:49 am
As much as people want to blame Jeff Long for losses (seriously? lol) or CBB, remember it's the players who aren't executing.  Is it really just the coach's fault that the line can't block or that AA seems to hold the ball for 7 seconds?

Soldiers don't lose wars, generals do.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

al_pigcino

Quote from: oldhog63 on September 22, 2017, 01:01:45 pm
My apologies. I wanted to know if you had played before we got into a detailed, technical discussion because if not, it would be a waste of time. You make good points with this post. I agree, at certain times and situations in a game you have to beat your man physically one on one. But, you also should know that at this level you are not going to just manhandle every player in every position every play. All top 20 teams have good players. And I believe we have top 20 talent. Opposing players are going to make plays.

What sets teams apart are schemes that put your players in position to make plays. If you have a 270 lb defensive lineman going against a 340 lb offensive lineman and expect him to hold his position and control both gaps, you have put that player in a position to fail more than succeed. You cannot expect a guy to consistently beat someone head up who is 40-60 lbs heavier. Another example, on the goal line, you cannot reasonably expect all the offensive linemen to just completely push their guy back into the end zone.

I took your original point(s) to be that we were getting beat all over the field because the players were either not playing well or not good enough. I am countering saying that that is exception and not the rule. I think we are consistently being out-schemed and not putting our players in a position to succeed. I also think our players are not being properly motivated. Only the coaches know their players well enough to know how to motive them. Either way, I lay much more of the blame for our poor results on the coaches and not the players.
I'm saying the opposite.  Technique and size can only go so far.  With the exception of Ragnow and Frojolt (sp?) the rest of the line gets beat even when they have leverage.  Even Gibson who is pushing 350 was lifted off his feet at times when he had the lower pad level.  Either Herb completely ignores the strengthening of core muscles or we just don't have the hosses to start with. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on September 22, 2017, 01:06:51 pm
To be fair Jared Cornelius has put on 40lbs since he got to campus, Agim's face is chubby af, there's far more double chins than adams apples on our roster.

There's a reason why this team fades in the 2nd half.  Herb and our defensive scheme's use of Agim will drop him from a 1st rounder to the 5th.  Agim should be pissed.

That's not fair at all. It's BS.  If JC was 165 when he got here he certainly needed to gain a few lbs.

jgphillips3

So far, the defense has been more than adequate.  That last four minutes was on the offensive incompetence.  Anyone criticizing defensive player effort overall is missing the mark.

Pig in the Pokey

imagine how many laps bert would make bert run if bert played for bert. The man was like 250lbs when he got here and now he's 350+. WHAT DISCIPLINE
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

PorkRinds

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 22, 2017, 01:53:02 pm
imagine how many laps bert would make bert run if bert played for bert. The man was like 250lbs when he got here and now he's 350+. WHAT DISCIPLINE

You're the type that wears a wife beater AS a shirt aren't you?  ;D

oldhog63

Quote from: al_pigcino on September 22, 2017, 01:37:41 pm
I'm saying the opposite.  Technique and size can only go so far.  With the exception of Ragnow and Frojolt (sp?) the rest of the line gets beat even when they have leverage.  Even Gibson who is pushing 350 was lifted off his feet at times when he had the lower pad level.  Either Herb completely ignores the strengthening of core muscles or we just don't have the hosses to start with. 
We'll just have to agree to disagree. I believe we have plenty of hosses to get the job done. The problem is elsewhere.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 22, 2017, 01:55:02 pm
You're the type that wears a wife beater AS a shirt aren't you?  ;D
damnit. i've been known to. Mostly to show off the tats lmao.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

PorkRinds

BallHog1

Quote from: twistitup on September 22, 2017, 10:15:35 am
Let's get out there and *** do it. The fans are fired up, hopefully the players get that way too.

CBB doesn't have much fire, hopefully they get it from somewhere
Really, have you ever heard him in the locker room before a game?

gchamblee

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 22, 2017, 12:06:52 pm
What we should accomplish and what we actually have under Bert is one of the world's great mysteries.  We should win this week as well and I believe actually will.  If we choke again, are you going to lambaste me because of that?  ;)

You lambast CBB because he doesn't win and winning is all that matters. I lambast you because you are always wrong, and being right is all that matters.

gchamblee

twistitup

Quote from: BallHog1 on September 22, 2017, 02:50:33 pm
Really, have you ever heard him in the locker room before a game?

No....but I think it is safe to say - it's not working
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

rickfahr

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on September 22, 2017, 08:52:45 am
I don't condone the hate. They're just college kids . But instead of calling out the "haters" I'd rather them go out there and prove them wrong and WIN! Instead of looking like hot garbage every week.

Don't condone the hate, but call them hot garbage.

At least own it.

I make no bones about the fact that I consider men old enough to vote, serve in the military and drink and who get paid to play a sport to be professionals.

Can't have it both ways.

Poker_hog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 22, 2017, 12:08:14 pm
How could a coaching decision that actually makes us worse, be used as an excuse for that specific coaching staff?

The same argument we've heard for the last 4 years.  We just need more time... 
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

AirWarren

I've always had a strong suspicion he would transfer before his time is finished here.

I hope that's not the case obviously.

hog.goblin

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 22, 2017, 10:42:06 am
Prediction: If our 3-4 continues to look bad going into South Carolina, it will be scrapped.

Continues?  Shouldn't it start to look bad first?

PorkRinds

Quote from: AP85 on September 22, 2017, 04:20:49 pm
I've always had a strong suspicion he would transfer before his time is finished here.

I hope that's not the case obviously.

Not happening.

jm

These guys deserve some criticism. They don't lack talent as much as lack the mental toughness they need. They last 2 touchdowns that they gave up are indicative of a losers attitude. To be great at this level they have to want to be in those situations and win one play at a time. They have not been up to that challenge so far. When we turn the ball over for any reason or things don't go well they tend to fold instead of rise to the occasion.

PorkRinds

Quote from: jm on September 22, 2017, 04:49:53 pm
These guys deserve some criticism. They don't lack talent as much as lack the mental toughness they need. They last 2 touchdowns that they gave up are indicative of a losers attitude. To be great at this level they have to want to be in those situations and win one play at a time. They have not been up to that challenge so far. When we turn the ball over for any reason or things don't go well they tend to fold instead of rise to the occasion.

Those two touchdowns are indicative of being on the field the entire game because of an anemic offense. It's garbage to go after players.

jm

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 22, 2017, 05:01:26 pm
Those two touchdowns are indicative of being on the field the entire game because of an anemic offense. It's garbage to go after players.

I understand that fatigue will make cowards of us all, but you just can't accept that if you are going to be great as an individual or a defense as a whole. You have to find that little something extra.

birmingHAMette

Quote from: gchamblee on September 22, 2017, 10:45:06 am
This is what recruits have to look forward to if they come to Arkansas and don't win. A fan base so consumed with stupidity that it will go after them on social media and shame them when they peek out their door. Honestly, this is what we deserve. The people in other threads saying "we want nice things" should stop breaking them every time they get mad. All these "i don't care, just win" people are the ones coming home mad and breaking dishes.

I certainly agree with you that it is very stupid for people to get on social media and bash college football players. It's unbelievable somebody would stoop that low. People need to think how they'd feel if it was their son. However, I hate to see the Arkansas fan base painted as a bunch of "morons",as if it were exclusive to the Hog fans. Bad behaving fans are not limited to Arkansas. I'm not saying that excuses AR fans sending hateful tweets or postings. Never.
I've lived in 5 SEC states and I've seen fans of all stripes get ugly and be consumed with stupidity when things went south. Tiffin, the kicker from AL, got death threats.
Texas fans were tossing trash on their field a few weeks ago. Plenty of recruits saw that I'm sure. I'm guessing a good majority of Hog fans don't tweet or Facebook with players. Again, it doesn't make it right but AR isn't the only fan group to occasionally "break the dishes" in front of company.
Here is to hoping the Hogs win Saturday and we can all be happy about a win. And no broken dishes :)
Go Hogs

hog.goblin

Quote from: jm on September 22, 2017, 05:09:04 pm

I understand that fatigue will make cowards of us all, but you just can't accept that if you are going to be great as an individual or a defense as a whole. You have to find that little something extra.

Watch the damn game next time.  During the last touchdown they were all trying to strip the ball rather than make a tackle.  Forcing a 3 and out guarantees a loss.  They were trying to make a play so we could at least have a chance.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 22, 2017, 10:42:06 am
Prediction: If our 3-4 continues to look bad going into South Carolina, it will be scrapped.
When did it look bad?  The defense has been light years ahead of what we had last year and the year before.

Your prediction=cray cray.

Rayzback

September 22, 2017, 05:42:00 pm #87 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 09:47:38 pm by Rayzback
Quote from: hog.goblin on September 22, 2017, 05:26:07 pm
Watch the damn game next time.  During the last touchdown they were all trying to strip the ball rather than make a tackle.  Forcing a 3 and out guarantees a loss.  They were trying to make a play so we could at least have a chance.

The strip ball defense... meh, at least bring some wood to the party.

I hope Agim has his best game ever. If they can collapse the rushing attack, I don't think Mond can carry TAMU.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

SPAL

moses_007

I'd guess Agim reads Hogville.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 22, 2017, 08:45:36 am
I feel bad for these guys. There really is a ton of negativity and theybhavent done anything wrong. Whether it's coaching or whatever, they're likely out there putting it all on the line, only to have morons on twitter and Facebook talk darn to and about them constantly. They deserve a win.

Agree. I disappointed in the coaches but not the players. They are living a dream I never achieved - being a Hawg.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: gchamblee on September 22, 2017, 10:51:15 am
Hogtard also guaranteed a victory over TCU. He said they are a terrible football team. Nearly everything he predicts is wrong.

Well his heart is with Bama after all.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hogcam on September 22, 2017, 11:04:49 am
My theory on this. The world has gotten to soft. If you don't do your job right, you're going to get criticized or fired. It's the way it should be. But crap, even firing someone now days requires several reasons and paperwork be filled on each mistake they make. Bottom line, do good at your job and what you're supposed to do and people will love you.

Here is why your theory doesn't work. Suppose you have the worst supervisor. He is as dumb as a bag of rocks. So the team performs badly every day.

The difference is you don't have 60,000 fans screaming at you and your supervisor while working. Or publicly posting crap about you. Imagine having 100s of thousands of people critiquing how you did your job. Ole Hogcam really sucked today. He kept whiffing on the LB all day. Our QB was getting killed. That dumba$$ supervisor couldn't make any adjustments. We lost to an inferior team.

How can a walk on like Hogcam be beating out a 4 star recruit?

farmhawg

Quote from: Polecat on September 22, 2017, 08:57:18 am
Agim could have pretty much gone anywhere to play. But he chose the Hogs. I support a kid like that unequivocally
Its a shame he got stuck with the lack of preparation and development we offer.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: farmhawg on September 22, 2017, 06:35:22 pm
Its a shame he got stuck with the lack of preparation and development we offer.

Agim is gonna show up and show out tomorrow.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Hoggish1

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 22, 2017, 09:03:27 am
Well, we can certainly disagree about whether our players deserve a win. I couldn't give a crap less about aTm and their players.

I want all the TAMU players to turn and give their booing fans double middle fingers in the waning minutes pf today's game!

JaketheSnake

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 22, 2017, 12:06:52 pm
We should?  What actual advantage do we have over Texas A&M?

Besides female cheerleaders...

Jonbo

I have to say  that I don't feel sorry for the players or the  coaches.  Taking heat is the flip-side of adulation. They'll get over it. They could always go play by themselves in an empty lot, but of course they're not going to do that. I'll save my pity for the ones who don't get their degree or who suffer some kind of debilitating injury.

hobhog

Quote from: Jonbo on September 23, 2017, 07:27:25 am
I have to say  that I don't feel sorry for the players or the  coaches.  Taking heat is the flip-side of adulation. They'll get over it. They could always go play by themselves in an empty lot, but of course they're not going to do that. I'll save my pity for the ones who don't get their degree or who suffer some kind of debilitating injury.

Good grief. Such a tough guy.

JaketheSnake