Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Post your pro American Songs. Thanks to all the American fighting men and women

Started by Razorbacks#1, December 07, 2009, 10:03:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

bellavistamike

Redney Foster's Angel Flight. As moving a song as I've ever heard that pays tribute to the crew of Red River 44 and the pilots who brought them home...

Angel Flight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpYVfHTajOg

ronmahony

Quote from: bellavistamike on December 08, 2009, 11:28:15 am
Redney Foster's Angel Flight. As moving a song as I've ever heard that pays tribute to the crew of Red River 44 and the pilots who brought them home...

Angel Flight.

Damn
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

ronmahony

"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

SteveInArk

Quote from: bellavistamike on December 08, 2009, 11:28:15 am

Angel Flight.

Good one!  I'm sending that link to some old friends that flew the Herk.
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

SteveInArk

So hard to call any one a favorite (so I won't)....  dozens give me chill bumps and all good stuff.

But one that brings back memories is God Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood.  When the Bob Hope show unexpectedly diverted to Rota NS, Spain due to weather in '87, they spent the night and held a small show.  Got to drive him around the base some.
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

razorbacker231

Toby Keith, American soldier, but I was already beat in posting this.

Tim McGraw, "if your reading this".  This one is all too true.  I don't know what to add, except I keep seeing some photograph that was taken of a soldier handing a tearful very young kid a folded up flag.  Breaks my heart. 

Made it to Arlington.  Fills me with pride for all that have given their life in service.
Letters from home...this one made my list only from the Dads letter and the soldiers response.  No matter how tough you are, seeing that from your hardened old man who never shows emotion can have that profound affect.