Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Final Four...Who Wins Today and Who will Win Monday Night?

Started by moses_007, March 31, 2018, 04:17:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

moses_007

My picks today are Michigan over Loyola-Chicago in the first game, and Villanova over Kansas in game 2.

My pick for national champion:  Villanova.

Which teams are you picking?

raz1965

moses_007

247Hog

Loyola may get smoked today but i do enjoy seeing them play defense with their feet and not hands.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

alohawg

Quote from: 247Hog on March 31, 2018, 05:14:40 pm
Loyola may get smoked today but i do enjoy seeing them play defense with their feet and not hands.

They're missing easy shots, nerves I guess.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

systemroot

alohawg

If the Ramblers had hit half their layups they'd be up 10, sigh. #13 carrying Meechigan.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

alohawg

Win or lose today Porter Moser will have higher profile job offers by Tuesday.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Lady Razorback

Amen!  I have missed this so much.

I'm with Sister Jean on Easter Vigil.  Loyola-Chicago over Michigan
I'm once again going Catholic with Nova over Kansas. 

Villanova wins it all Monday night. 

Breems

Quote from: alohawg on March 31, 2018, 06:03:18 pm

And we'll all discuss how we let him slip out of our backyard.

Lady Razorback

Quote from: alohawg on March 31, 2018, 06:03:18 pm

YES!  Let's start this game.  Where are the openings, and where is he best fit?  Or does he stay?  Try for the repeat?   ;)

ChicoHog

Please tell this to our team! 

Lady Razorback

Quote from: Breems on March 31, 2018, 06:10:53 pm
And we'll all discuss how we let him slip out of our backyard.

Yikes, I don't want to talk about that.  Please. 

alohawg

Quote from: Lady Razorback on March 31, 2018, 06:11:48 pm
YES!  Let's start this game.  Where are the openings, and where is he best fit?  Or does he stay?  Try for the repeat?   ;)

lol
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Atlhogfan1

Loyola has done much better than I thought they would.  Still think Michigan wins.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

alohawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 31, 2018, 06:43:44 pm
Loyola has done much better than I thought they would.  Still think Michigan wins.

Agreed, but if these Loyola kids can dig in who knows.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Breems

Breems

Michigan wins. Was hoping Loyola would be the first #11 to play in the NC because they're very, very good.

I'm thinking 'Nova beats Michigan in the title game.

Atlhogfan1

Really hope Nova wins.  I like Beilein but not this M team and never KU.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Oliver

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 31, 2018, 07:04:03 pm
Really hope Nova wins.  I like Beilein but not this M team and never KU.

Nova will win.  They'll win it all.  Wright has a knack for getting his teams to play well at the right time

Lady Razorback

I'll take my lumps and show up.  Good win by Michigan.  I pick Villanova over Kansas and then over Michigan. 

Where is that Kentucky fan I challenged to show up to see if his team was here at the end of the NCAA Tournament when it matters?  If you see him at Alma Sonic, let me know. I drive pretty fast and can get there. 

alohawg

I agree Villanova is the best team, but wouldn't be too surprised if Kansas pulls it out today and Monday.

Edit: nvmd- 18 threes, wow
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

mckinneyhog5

Say what you want about Loyola but I liked watching them play sound, fundamental B-Ball.  I heard that since Moser can't recruit the best athletes, he recruits players who are champion type players (i.e..,state champs, district champs).
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

snoblind

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 31, 2018, 09:06:28 pm
Say what you want about Loyola but I liked watching them play sound, fundamental B-Ball.  I heard that since Moser can't recruit the best athletes, he recruits players who are champion type players (i.e..,state champs, district champs).

They are fun to watch.  Think they panicked in the 2nd half and started rushing.

raz1965

Nova shot lights out, of course if they do that against Michigan they will be champs, but then again this is basketball an teams rarely shoot that well in back to  back games. Michigan has won in the tourney a couple of time shooting poorly. Nova will be favored but don't count Michigan out.

Lady Razorback

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 31, 2018, 09:06:28 pm

I like this analysis.  Save it because I think it applies to all sports!

moses_007

Quote from: Lady Razorback on April 01, 2018, 09:37:20 am
I like this analysis.  Save it because I think it applies to all sports!
Yes it does, and that's the kind of players we need in basketball and football.  Champions!

alohawg

Ok, so the consensus is Villanova tonight- the only question margin I guess.

I'll go...

Villanova 82 Mich 76
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Hogs-n-Roses

alohawg

Nova not hitting the 3's early tonight, could be closer than anticipated. I just wanna see a thriller either way.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

trippigs

Don't know but I got hit in the balls by a tee shirt shot out of a bazooka in that arena. I was standing in an aisle entrance getting one more look before leaving and got plowed.

Breems

Nova is ridiculous. These 3s will soon demoralize Michigan and Nova wins by 15+.

PonderinHog

PonderinHog

Atlhogfan1

Dumb fouls by Brunson.  Nova has a chance to put this away if they will take better shots.

Atlhogfan1

Breems

Headed to bed. Meh game. It was only exciting to watch Nova hit 3s for so long in this tournament.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 02, 2018, 10:02:00 pm
Dumb fouls by Brunson.  Nova has a chance to put this away if they will take better shots.
Those last two looked pretty good.

alohawg

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

PonderinHog

Breems

Wait, I couldn't go to bed. We still got One Shining Moment.

Arkansas might be in the background of a Butler highlight!

RedRock

jgphillips3

Quote from: Breems on April 02, 2018, 10:06:08 pm
Headed to bed. Meh game. It was only exciting to watch Nova hit 3s for so long in this tournament.

To be fair, you've seen a lot of three's shot and made against us this year so you probably do have 3 point fatigue.

Breems

Great One Shining Moment this year. So glad they ditched the Jennifer Hudson version forever.

moses_007

Goodness, I predicted all three games right.  Do I get a McDonalds sammich?