Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

yardpig

Quote from: DadVader1 on November 11, 2015, 04:40:08 pm
Here's what I've done so far, 2 units each on:

Temple -3
Neb -9.5
S. Miss -7
Ok St. -13.5 (h)
GA So. -6.5
Mich St. -15
ULL +3
V. Tech +3.5
Utah -6

One unit on:

NIU -7

Been following your picks for several years now.  Thanks for posting.

Interestingly, this week, you have 9 visiting teams out of 10, with 7 of those being favorites.  This may have happened in the past, but I never noticed.   Have you ever checked your results to see if visiting favorites, home underdogs, visiting underdogs or home favorites had more of a tendency to be successful on different trends; a trend within a trend.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 11, 2015, 06:05:42 pm
Bowling Green -3

With you on this one.

Bowling Green -3
NIU -7

Small parlay with both of these.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

DadVader1

Quote from: yardpig on November 11, 2015, 06:20:19 pm
Been following your picks for several years now.  Thanks for posting.

Interestingly, this week, you have 9 visiting teams out of 10, with 7 of those being favorites.  This may have happened in the past, but I never noticed.   Have you ever checked your results to see if visiting favorites, home underdogs, visiting underdogs or home favorites had more of a tendency to be successful on different trends; a trend within a trend.

Thanks.  It just depends on which trends I find that look the best for that week.  I was pretty happy to find a few trends this week that have hit at around 80% with around 50 occurrences, and most of those involved Road teams.  It was probably more coincidence that most of them also turned out to be favorites.  In the past, I've done more post-op work after each week to see if I did better when following any particular sets of trends.  I just haven't had the time this year so have been skipping that part. 

hogsanity

crap. I had niu -6.5 niu/buf over 54 and bg/wmu over 72.5 WMU has it 1st and goal at the 3 and drops a td pass that would have made the over,
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

SPAL

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on November 11, 2015, 06:43:59 pm
With you on this one.

Bowling Green -3
NIU -7

Small parlay with both of these.

A good night for you my friend

hogsanity

this week:

Ga/Aub ov 52.5
asu/ull ov 57
ky/van un 40
mem/hou ov 70.5
mich st -14.5
west va -8.5
bama -7.5
okie st -14
ga sou -6.5
ky +3

All playing 1.5 units and just for fun put them all in a parlay $1 to win 633.96
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

SPAL

HogimusMaximus

WILL CLINTON

Went 4-6 last week to bring my total record to 31-29-4.

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 11, 2015, 11:37:48 pm
A good night for you my friend

Amazingly, I've been doing alright on weekday games. Hit my 2 last week, a teaser, and a parlay, but then gave it all back on Saturday. Maybe I should just load up on weekday games.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 12, 2015, 05:00:21 pm
J E T S jets jets jets -2
Hope so...I have them in a four team parlay with half of it in.  Had the bears and the under Monday night.  Now just need the jets to cover and go over 42 1/2.  The way my luck has Ben going I would almost guarantee I miss one of them.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

WILL CLINTON

Are these lines odd to anyone else?

Ky +3 v Vandy  (I would figure KY would be favored here, maybe suckering people in after Vandy hung with Florida?)
UNC -13 v Miami (I would have put UNC on about a -20 after the shellacking of Duke)
OSU -14.5 v Iowa St (OSU just throttled TCU, figured it would be about -28)
Iowa -11 v Minnesota (I just think Iowa, at home, fighting for a B10 champ can handle these guys. Minnesota avg loss in B10 play is 23 pts.)

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on November 12, 2015, 07:23:38 pm

Ky +3 v Vandy  (I would figure KY would be favored here, maybe suckering people in after Vandy hung with Florida?)
UNC -13 v Miami (I would have put UNC on about a -20 after the shellacking of Duke)
Iowa -11 v Minnesota (I just think Iowa, at home, fighting for a B10 champ can handle these guys. Minnesota avg loss in B10 play is 23 pts.)

Okie Lite seems a little fishy. Line points to let down spot after big win.

DadVader1

My gut is telling me the same as you here, but I'm going to pass on the game because the spreadsheets are pretty objective and have a slight lean toward Vandy.  Also, more importantly, a guy who is hitting over 79% in an SEC pick'em contest is picking Vandy. 

DadVader1

Added 2 units on Auburn -1.5 (slight lean in spreadsheets and two of the leaders of an SEC pick'em contest are both picking Auburn).

Hawgndaaz

I like the under in KY/Vandy more than the spread

Junkyard Hog

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on November 13, 2015, 02:43:27 pm
I like the under in KY/Vandy more than the spread

Yeah, I think 20 points wins that game big time.  Who gets the 20 though? 

Hawgndaaz

DadVader1

widespreadsooie

So far I've played:

RUT +8.5
SC +8
Hogs +7.5

Going to lay the points with Stanford and Cincy but waiting to see if I get a better number. May play FSU too.

widespreadsooie

Also since the Vandy/KY game is being discussed- IMO Vandy's D is legit and KY has been on the decline since their AUB loss. Vandy is the only play in that game.

jkstock04

Here's what I've got tomorrow:

Baylor -2.5, 5*
NC state +9, 4*
Georgia +2, 4*
Mississippi st +8, 3*
Kentucky +3.5, 3*

Good luck everyone!
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

onebadrubi

MS St tt under 21
Wash st +10.5
NC st +10
Southern Miss -6.5
Tex Tech -5.5
Mich/Ind  Over 56
Bama/ Ms st U 51.5
Miami/UNC O65
Auburn ML
BYU-6 (if you can find it)
Navy -20
Memphis/Houston Over 71
Army -2.5
Wash/UCLA Over 65
Navy TT Over 41

More to come

SPAL

November 14, 2015, 07:20:33 am #9024 Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 12:46:48 am by sir-pigs-a-lot
Arizona +6.....W
Iowa state +13.....W
Bama -8.....W

Bama -8 / three dimes
Fl ST -8 / Dime Play
Maryland +15.5 / 2 units
Clemson -29 / 3 units
Louisville - 13.5 / 3 units

Have a 2 unit parlay Bama and Fl ST
Have a 1 unit 3 teamer with those two plus Clemson
1 unit 4 teamer with those plus Louisville

Could be a very good, or very bad day :)
Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

widespreadsooie

Cincy -16.5/Bama -2 tease
Stanford -9
Rutgers +8.5
SC +8
Hogs +7.5

31-30 YTD. Best of luck today.

SPAL

I always hate seeing most on the same side (Bama) . Historically, we lose when that happens.

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 14, 2015, 11:17:19 am
I always hate seeing most on the same side (Bama) . Historically, we lose when that happens.

It sure does, but I love the tide today. Don't care what trends say
Let's make some waves.

yraciv

Arkansas +7
Kentucky +3.5
S Florida +2
Baylor -2.5
Oregon +9

YTD: 18-19-1

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 14, 2015, 11:34:56 am
It sure does, but I love the tide today. Don't care what trends say

Agreed. I see this game being 14 pt win at least.

WILL CLINTON

Man, don't you show you have no faith in your offense, or your QB, to not take a chance at the endzone in that drive by Georgia. The momentum is clearly in your favor, you get a sack and force a fumble, and then take the most conservative approach possible besides taking a knee for 3 downs. Auburn's pass defense is questionable at best, and you gained nothing on 3 straight runs.

I'm dumbfounded.

DadVader1

Jeff, congrats on the 3 dimes AND dime plays and THANKS for sharing!  I got in on Bama and thought that I was getting in on Fl St. but missed by a few seconds (it was live when I clicked on it, but the game started before I hit confirm).  It's looking like a pretty good weekend so far.  For those of you not named Jeff, don't give it all back on Sunday ;)

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: DadVader1 on November 14, 2015, 06:53:34 pm
Jeff, congrats on the 3 dimes AND dime plays and THANKS for sharing!  I got in on Bama and thought that I was getting in on Fl St. but missed by a few seconds (it was live when I clicked on it, but the game started before I hit confirm).  It's looking like a pretty good weekend so far.  For those of you not named Jeff, don't give it all back on Sunday ;)

Have been known to give it back on Sunday myself, but won't bet enough to give it all back :)
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

Another 3-0 Saturday after going 4-0 last Saturday.
1-1 midweek
30-16 NCAA

Spikes

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 15, 2015, 01:01:29 am
Another 3-0 Saturday after going 4-0 last Saturday.
1-1 midweek
30-16 NCAA

Nice year Sir Pigs!!  Keep it up👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

November 15, 2015, 10:36:53 am #9038 Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 11:29:33 am by Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson
Not a ton I like today. 
Saints +1 / 5 units.  By far my favorite play of the day.  That said. It looks too good. Something fishy here, but bet it anyway.

Steelers -6 / 1 unit
Pats -7 / 1 unit
Bears +7 / 1 unit
Broncos -4.5 / 1 unit
Cardinals +3 / 1 unit
Tampa +1.5 / 1 unit

Steelers / Saints two team parlay 2 units.
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

November 15, 2015, 01:31:35 pm #9040 Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 06:17:13 pm by Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson
I knew Saints looked too easy
Let's make some waves.

DadVader1

Another decent but non-exciting week at 7-5 for +3 units.  It was looking better, until I lost my last 2 night games.  That makes it 72-55-1 for +21 units ytd.  I'm not counting my tails of Jeff's dime plays as part of my record or earnings.    I'm optimistic about next week.  The new trends did better than I did this weekend (the last 4 games that made my initial cut but not my final cut went 3-1).  This coming weekend, I'll have a few trends at around 80% w/ around 50 occurrences, one or two at around 75% w/ 80 occurrences, and one or two at around 70% w/ 100 occurrences.   Hopefully, I'll do a better job of whittling down the list this weekend.

widespreadsooie

Horrible Saturday going 1-4 bringing me to 32-35 YTD. Hogs only win. Lost on Rutgers, Cincy/Bama tease, SC, and Stanford.

SPAL

WILL CLINTON

Went 4-4 last week to bring my record to 35-33-4 on the year.

I like Georgia giving 15 this week to Georgia Southern, and I feel like UNC will easily cover the 7 they are laying against VT. I'm leaning BG tomorrow vs Toledo, but not too sure yet.

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 15, 2015, 01:01:29 am
30-16 NCAA

65% is stellar bud. (no voodoo intended)

Jeff, I don't know if you've tallied up your % for the year, but I got to believe you are close to 60% if not on the + side of it. Your NFL picks are golden when I'm not following them...lol.

Outside of recruiting news, this thread is about 99% of the reason I still frequent Hogville. This is the one place where there is no drama, bitching (unless about our own picks), no petty arguments, no calling someone out because they lost, etc. etc.

Hard to believe that it has been 4 years with this thread.

SPAL

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on November 16, 2015, 06:24:58 pm
Went 4-4 last week to bring my record to 35-33-4 on the year.

I like Georgia giving 15 this week to Georgia Southern, and I feel like UNC will easily cover the 7 they are laying against VT. I'm leaning BG tomorrow vs Toledo, but not too sure yet.

65% is stellar bud. (no voodoo intended)

Jeff, I don't know if you've tallied up your % for the year, but I got to believe you are close to 60% if not on the + side of it. Your NFL picks are golden when I'm not following them...lol.

Outside of recruiting news, this thread is about 99% of the reason I still frequent Hogville. This is the one place where there is no drama, bitching (unless about our own picks), no petty arguments, no calling someone out because they lost, etc. etc.

Hard to believe that it has been 4 years with this thread.

Will, that pick you made last week was awful. My dog wouldn't have made that call.....

Is that more what you are used to?

SPAL

Jeff can't win in the 4th quarter. Dadvader chokes on big plays, onebadrubi is a hothead, widespread can't hit a total to save his life, hogsanity has no control of his bankroll, yravic is too quiet.

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 16, 2015, 06:48:45 pm
Jeff can't win in the 4th quarter. Dadvader chokes on big plays, onebadrubi is a hothead, widespread can't hit a total to save his life, hogsanity has no control of his bankroll, yravic is too quiet.

Ha GEEZE what did I do to deserve such a great compliment?  No one said you had to tail my losers...

onebadrubi

Loser of the evening that I'm on is cincy team total over 28

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 16, 2015, 06:45:57 pm
Will, that pick you made last week was awful. My dog wouldn't have made that call.....

Is that more what you are used to?

Add a personal attack about my intelligence, and you have yourself a winner.

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 16, 2015, 06:48:45 pm

You forgot to say that someone doesn't know anything about football.