Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 4* RB Emmons Decommits from UGA

Started by Wright43, June 11, 2015, 05:44:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wright43

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Dawgs-lose-commitment-37717945

What are Arkansas' chances at this guy? Would love to pick up a big time RB or 2 or 3 or 6

RazorWhacker

I have no idea, but you can count on it creating a panic attack on Hogville.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: RazorWhacker on June 11, 2015, 06:20:20 pm

Probably takes away what tiny shot we might have had with Holyfield. 

ZERO

He decommitted right after visiting Tennessee, so that's probably where he's going to end up. I'm not going to concern myself with him.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

MissippHog

Quote from: RazorWhacker on June 11, 2015, 06:20:20 pm
Haha.  Just wait until some 17 year old kid from northwest Oregon decommits from his 4th different school and has never shown Arkansas interest.  And I guarantee someone will post it here.

Kevin

Quote from: MissippHog on June 12, 2015, 01:03:40 am
Haha.  Just wait until some 17 year old kid from northwest Oregon decommits from his 4th different school and has never shown Arkansas interest.  And I guarantee someone will post it here.

Truth
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

whosiskid

With a lot of people suddenly saying that Holyfield will go to Georgia, I wonder if decommitting was a preemptive move on Emmons part. Holyfield is the bigger name and maybe other places looked better. Anyway, looks like a lot of schools are coming after him and we already seem committed to White and perhaps Pennamon (who would make a incredibly complementary duo), at least until we miss out one White. I think they want White over anyone and feel they have a shot at him. And Pennamon would complement him better than anyone. White the ultimate power back (though with speed) and Pennamon, who might be the fastest player we've seriously recruited in a long while, if he really did run the 10.2 I've seen listed a few times. With only RWIII ahead of them if they committed and Alex goes pro, not to mention that offensive line, I don't see why more running backs aren't lining up to play in Fayetteville.

However, two predictions:

One, whether he is a receiver or a running back, Hammonds is going to blow people away (pun intended). He is an amazing runner, especially in the open field. I like that they have told him that they will make up their minds later as to whether he is a running back or WR. Seriously, I usually have an opinion on such things, even if ignorant and formed in the leisure of my own home, but I can see Hammonds being either a great receiver or running back. He actually reminds me of a pro running back in a West Coast offense. You know, the kind of guy who runs the ball only twice as many times as he receives a pass.

Two, in November and December offensive players are going to view Arkansas in a new light thanks to Dan Enos. I honestly believe that Enos is going to make us one of the more exciting offenses in the SEC. I think Brandon Allen will throw for more than 3,000 yards, if healthy, and both feature backs over 1,000 yards. At that point a lot of committed as well as uncommitted running backs might rethink where the best place to go will be. I am not sure Emmons will be one of them. I do think that we'll get at least one of White, Walley, and Pennamon, though I think White is the difference maker. Walley is closer to RWIII, while we have no one like White.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

MissippHog

Quote from: whosiskid on June 13, 2015, 11:15:13 am
Two, in November and December offensive players are going to view Arkansas in a new light thanks to Dan Enos. I honestly believe that Enos is going to make us one of the more exciting offenses in the SEC. I think Brandon Allen will throw for more than 3,000 yards, if healthy, and both feature backs over 1,000 yards. At that point a lot of committed as well as uncommitted running backs might rethink where the best place to go will be. I am not sure Emmons will be one of them. I do think that we'll get at least one of White, Walley, and Pennamon, though I think White is the difference maker. Walley is closer to RWIII, while we have no one like White.
If that happens we shouldn't have any problems getting the offensive players that we need. 

HOGINTENNESSEE

June 13, 2015, 04:56:34 pm #8 Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 05:39:24 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
Quote from: MissippHog on June 13, 2015, 03:35:53 pm
If that happens we shouldn't have any problems getting the offensive players that we need. 

I see no way BA gets 3,000 passing. Maty Mauk throws every down and only had 2,648. Only 4 players in the SEC had 3,000 last year. (Only 3 in the regular season)

PaintballHog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on June 13, 2015, 04:56:34 pm
I see no way BA gets 3,000 passing. Maty Mauk throws every down and only had 2,648. Only 4 players in the SEC had 3,000 last year. (Only 3 in the regular season)

Screen yards count as passing ;)

3000 might be a bit high, I think 2750 yards.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: PaintballHog on June 13, 2015, 05:57:02 pm
Screen yards count as passing ;)

3000 might be a bit high, I think 2750 yards.

2,750 yards could be possible especially if Reed can provide the long ball catcher we need.

JIHawg

If anyone hears of any players deciding to transfer or any decommits, please start a thread on Hogville asking if we're on this guy and if not, why not.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: JIHawg on June 13, 2015, 07:16:27 pm
If anyone hears of any players deciding to transfer or any decommits, please start a thread on Hogville asking if we're on this guy and if not, why not.

What's the big deal, are we waiting for information from the athletic dept or from certain posters.  I didn't start this thread but I hate it when I read a wasted post like this.  Shows an extreme lack of respect for the rights of fellow posters and is down right insulting.

Seems to me it initiated an interesting discussion about who we might get.

JIHawg

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on June 14, 2015, 07:12:07 pm
What's the big deal, are we waiting for information from the athletic dept or from certain posters.  I didn't start this thread but I hate it when I read a wasted post like this.  Shows an extreme lack of respect for the rights of fellow posters and is down right insulting.

Seems to me it initiated an interesting discussion about who we might get.

There's a reason you have 4 times smites over applauds.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: JIHawg on June 14, 2015, 07:54:47 pm
There's a reason you have 4 times smites over applauds.

Didn't you know that means I'm doing a really good job of repesenting truth, reality and compassion on Hogville?

Wright43

Quote from: JIHawg on June 13, 2015, 07:16:27 pm

Well its the RECRUITING forum and he is a potential RECRUIT....Not to mention its the off season and since there are no games the focus is on recruiting, this particular recruit received an offer from us, is a highly sought after player at a position of need for us, and just de-committed from another SEC school. Really seems relevant, not sure why you wouldn't think it is.

If this was MMQB maybe you'd have a point, but talking about potential recruits is sort of what this forum is about....

MissippHog

Quote from: Wright43 on June 15, 2015, 12:29:03 am
Well its the RECRUITING forum and he is a potential RECRUIT....Not to mention its the off season and since there are no games the focus is on recruiting, this particular recruit received an offer from us, is a highly sought after player at a position of need for us, and just de-committed from another SEC school. Really seems relevant, not sure why you wouldn't think it is.

If this was MMQB maybe you'd have a point, but talking about potential recruits is sort of what this forum is about....
I didn't see where we offered?
http://247sports.com/Recruitment/BJ-Emmons-72489/RecruitInterests

PaintballHog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on June 14, 2015, 08:27:03 pm
Didn't you know that means I'm doing a really good job of repesenting truth, reality and compassion on Hogville?

Truth

root_hawg

RazorbackToTheFuture

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on June 13, 2015, 04:56:34 pm

If Allen throws for 3000 yards I'll eat my own sh|t.

mhuff

Quote from: hog13hog on June 15, 2015, 09:49:11 pm

Better qualify that to regular season.   ;) ;D

lefty08

Quote from: hog13hog on June 15, 2015, 09:49:11 pm

The bell just rang, you're late for recess
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged