Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Damarea Crockett now a 4 star on rivals

Started by Music City Hog, June 02, 2015, 11:42:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Music City Hog

5.8 four star for those that are interested in such things.  Also, in the Rivals 250 coming in at number 228. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/arkansas/football/recruiting/player-Damarea-Crockett-165420

PaintballHog

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 02, 2015, 11:42:38 am
5.8 four star for those that are interested in such things.  Also, in the Rivals 250 coming in at number 228. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/arkansas/football/recruiting/player-Damarea-Crockett-165420

I was wondering about this, he's been showing he's an athletic freak at these SPARQ camps. I think he'll be our #2 rb this class for sure behind a white/whaley/pennamon/etc. Would be a great rb haul.

The_Iceman

Quote from: PaintballHog on June 02, 2015, 11:55:37 am
I was wondering about this, he's been showing he's an athletic freak at these SPARQ camps. I think he'll be our #2 rb this class for sure behind a white/whaley/pennamon/etc. Would be a great rb haul.

We are going to need at least 2 in this class. I'm not sure why we haven't already offered.

PaintballHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on June 02, 2015, 11:56:50 am
We are going to need at least 2 in this class. I'm not sure why we haven't already offered.

I can tell you it's not grades, kid seems to be very smart. Likely just want to get him in a camp this summer.

Music City Hog

PaintballHog

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Huds_HawgTide

i say he finally gets his offer and joins hammonds
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

PaintballHog

jry04

He will get an offer this weekend. The coaches typically do not offer before they attend camp.

trphog

The kid has offers from Vandy and Yale. Grades aren't an issue.

bigdaddyhawg

I'm not one of these guys who want us to sign every kid that plays in the state, but I have to say I get excited when one of the in-state kids starts shining out and earns a schollie.

Love me some home state hero helping taking the Hogs to new heights!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Paul

Quote from: trphog on June 02, 2015, 12:59:57 pm
impressive & #uncommon!

Hey Super

As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

ricepig

chitwnhog

He ran a 4.71 40. Is this a case of "he's got football speed"?

WorfHog

June 02, 2015, 02:30:25 pm #16 Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 03:50:59 pm by WorfHog
Got my wires crossed.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Wildhog

Quote from: DawgTownHog on June 02, 2015, 02:20:42 pm
He ran a 4.71 40. Is this a case of "he's got football speed"?

He ran a 4.42 handheld at our camp last year. 

It's a case of "legitimate laser 4.7"

That's plenty fast.  Especially at 6' 210.
1909/1964/1965/1977

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Wildhog on June 02, 2015, 02:43:35 pm

Depending on his quickness, and his elusiveness, and his ability to find holes, and ability to make tacklers miss, etc..

I'll always refer back to Ronnie Wingo.  Awesome size and speed, but absolutely no instinct to run the football whatsoever.  Should have been a WR or a S or a LB -- anything but RB.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Wildhog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on June 02, 2015, 02:46:14 pm
Depending on his quickness, and his elusiveness, and his ability to find holes, and ability to make tacklers miss, etc..

I'll always refer back to Ronnie Wingo.  Awesome size and speed, but absolutely no instinct to run the football whatsoever.  Should have been a WR or a S or a LB -- anything but RB.

You're absolutely right, but none of that has anything to do with his 40 time.  I'm just saying that a legit 4.7 is plenty fast at his size.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Bacon_Bitz

Why didn't he get an offer at last year's camp?

And I would actually be happy if he was the "elite" back we landed this year, if we strike out on White and Whaley.

ricepig

Quote from: WorfHog on June 02, 2015, 02:30:25 pm
He has offers from Alabama, Auburn, and Yale.  Hope we sign him up at camp this weekend.

Woo Pig!

Umm, no offers from Bama or Auburn.

Wildhog

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on June 02, 2015, 02:58:44 pm
Why didn't he get an offer at last year's camp?

No clue.  This staff takes their time on in-state offers, though, so it shouldn't be surprising.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on June 02, 2015, 03:00:00 pm
No clue.  This staff takes their time on in-state offers, though, so it shouldn't be surprising.

Truthfully, I've only seen his highlights on channel 7 or 11 during the season, he appeared to be more power than speed in those. If they like him, they'll offer.

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on June 02, 2015, 03:02:21 pm
Truthfully, I've only seen his highlights on channel 7 or 11 during the season, he appeared to be more power than speed in those. If they like him, they'll offer.

Agreed.

I do think he's perfect for this offense.  He's a Camden kid, though, so I'm a little biased.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Deep Shoat

I'm glad he got the 4th star.  It will make him a much better player.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Seebs

Let him earn his spot in camp and we get White/Whaley and maybe Pinnamon and we all win games for many years to come.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

MissippHog

Quote from: ricepig on June 02, 2015, 02:59:49 pm
Umm, no offers from Bama or Auburn.
But, there's an offer from Arizona State.  I swear I see them on 3/4's of the kids we are on.

Hopefully Crockett earns that Hog offer and commits.  Looks like a good "thunder" back to me.  Then we would just need to find our "lightning."

hawganatic

Quote from: trphog on June 02, 2015, 12:59:57 pm

I'd be all over that Yale offer if I were him.  Kind of thing that could set him up for life...

Wildhog

Quote from: hawganatic on June 02, 2015, 04:01:46 pm
I'd be all over that Yale offer if I were him.  Kind of thing that could set him up for life...

Ivy leagues can't offer full athletic scholarships.  It would still cost an arm and a leg to attend.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on June 02, 2015, 04:02:55 pm
Ivy leagues can't offer full athletic scholarships.  It would still cost an arm and a leg to attend.
They give "need" based scholarships, it depends on the need.

31to6

Yup.

Not all great backs are sub-4.4 burners.

Montee Ball, Vick Ballard, Alfred Morris, Stevan Ridley, Mark Ingram, Charles Clay, Jonathan Dwyer, Shonn Greene, Peyton Hillis, Cedric Houston and Maurice Clarett, and Legarrette Blount are all NFL backs who ran 4.6+ at the combine.

Ball Hawk

Ummm...unless a 103 year old man was doing the hand held times, that's impossible to have that big of a split on hand-held and laser
Quote from: secfan30 on February 16, 2015, 11:01:56 pm

They are a perfect example of what happens with 10-12 generations of inbreeding.

Music City Hog

Quote from: WorfHog on June 02, 2015, 02:30:25 pm
He has offers from Alabama, Auburn, and Yale.  Hope we sign him up at camp this weekend.

Woo Pig!

This post is simply inaccurate.

jgphillips3

He goes to PA.  His grades are good enough for Yale.  I have no idea who his parents are but PA costs around $10k a year so I bet they can swing Yale with a partial scholarship if he really wants the Ivy League education.  That's the one place I would tell him to go before Arkansas if he were my son and I could afford it.  However, I hope he goes to Arkansas.

ricepig

Quote from: jgphillips3 on June 02, 2015, 06:55:28 pm
He goes to PA.  His grades are good enough for Yale.  I have no idea who his parents are but PA costs around $10k a year so I bet they can swing Yale with a partial scholarship if he really wants the Ivy League education.  That's the one place I would tell him to go before Arkansas if he were my son and I could afford it.  However, I hope he goes to Arkansas.

LRC

Cobi Hamilton Fan

ricepig

Cobi Hamilton Fan

Quote from: ricepig on June 02, 2015, 06:58:09 pm
Yeah, I corrected it after I pushed post, lol.
One in the same really. Neither are cheap.

ricepig

jgphillips3

June 02, 2015, 07:09:35 pm #43 Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 07:29:24 pm by jgphillips3
My bad.  A hair over $9k versus a hair under $10k.  I think it's really like $9,250 versus $9,750 last time I looked.  Still, unless they are getting financial aid, that's a chunk of change.

ricepig

Quote from: jgphillips3 on June 02, 2015, 07:09:35 pm
My bad.  Still, a hair over $9k versus a hair under $10k.  I think it's really like $9,250 versus $9,750 last time I looked.  Still, unless they are getting financial aid, that's a chunk of change.

No doubt.

redeye

According to an article Richard wrote in March, Crockett's cousin is Devin White's stepbrother.  Would be nice to have the whole family united behind Arkansas.

Quote from: Cobi Hamilton Fan on June 02, 2015, 06:57:23 pm
Close. Little Rock Christian

Same high school Dyer graduated.

incHOGnito

Quote from: Ball Hawk on June 02, 2015, 05:43:42 pm
Ummm...unless a 103 year old man was doing the hand held times, that's impossible to have that big of a split on hand-held and laser

You also have to factor in the surface. Petrino used to time his players on the track, which is faster than turf, which is faster than grass. More variables than just timing method.

WorfHog

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 02, 2015, 05:57:02 pm

This post is simply inaccurate.

yes it is, must have got my wires crossed reading recruiting pages. Oops.

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Pigsfeat

I wouldn't mind Crockett being our next commit!
"You don't eat mayonnaise to be healthy!"
E. Neal