Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First time investor...tips needed

Started by SwazyHog, January 06, 2016, 08:12:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SwazyHog

January 06, 2016, 08:12:49 pm Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 08:49:10 pm by SwazyHog
I've recently come into a little money and am looking into investing it in some way. Any suggestions for 1st time investment or suggestions of financial advisors in the Little Rock area?

Where do I start?
"I felt like I owed it to the state. They let me come in and transfer here to Arkansas, and I felt like it wouldn't be fair after one year to just up and leave."

"This is your Public Service Announcement  for 2010: Remember, No One's Buckass Snitshit Crazier Than Arkansas Fans."

PonderinHog

Quote from: SwazyHog on January 06, 2016, 08:12:49 pm
I've recently come into a little money and am looking into investing it in some way. Any suggestions for 1st time investment or suggestions of financial advisors in the Little Rock area?

Where do I start?
No expert here, but I saw an interesting piece on Mad Money this week about O'Shares ETF (I think that's it, anyway.)  The concept seemed sound.  Managed by a guy named O'Leary.

P. S.  Stay out of China!   :o

HawgWild

"as an individual investor, the biggest mistake you are likely to make is to invest in funds that have fees that are too high, have too much active management, and/or that give you exposure to segments of the market that are too specialized."

Excerpt from a class I took on retirement planning and pensions.

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 07, 2016, 09:52:19 am
No expert here, but I saw an interesting piece on Mad Money this week about O'Shares ETF (I think that's it, anyway.)  The concept seemed sound.  Managed by a guy named O'Leary.

P. S.  Stay out of China!   :o

Has Kevin ever been on and been wrong, or admitted to it? I think he usually has some good picks and use his "dividend" strategy, which a lot of investors do. You just have to ride out the bad to go with the good. My 101 yr old uncle says you buy stocks, I don't think he knows a lot about selling, haha.

PEtrader

Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "