Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 25, 2024, 08:14:40 am

Iraqi Dinar

Started by Anybody, January 18, 2015, 11:16:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: ricepig on April 09, 2018, 02:06:39 pm
I put $2 in Powerball twice a week, somebody eventually wins.

Bingo. I went ahead and got some Dong while I was at it. Dirt cheap.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

ricepig

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on April 09, 2018, 02:35:00 pm
Bingo. I went ahead and got some Dong while I was at it. Dirt cheap.

Just make sure it isn't dung.....

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: ricepig on April 09, 2018, 03:38:39 pm
Just make sure it isn't dung.....

I'd have taken some "dung" as opposed to some of the "dong" that I ended up with in the mail...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Anybody on April 07, 2018, 07:07:19 pm
Check back with me in two weeks.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  You gotta believe. 

GOD is Great.

KTFA   Keeping The Faith Always

It's been more than two weeks.  You a billionaire yet?
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

JoeyCapital

Quote from: The Chief on May 13, 2018, 12:38:20 pm
It's been more than two weeks.  You a billionaire yet?
I may not be the smartest man alive, but I think that's one of them rhetorical question thingies.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Anybody

Time is short.  Time will tell.  The wait is worth the payoff/investment.

KTF A

JoeyCapital

Quote from: Anybody on November 02, 2018, 10:01:19 pm
Time is short.  Time will tell.  The wait is worth the payoff/investment.

KTF A
Persistence is a virtue. Unfortunately it's a short walk from persistent to slap ass crazy.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

BENTON PIGGEE

twistitup

Stock market down...time to go all in on the Dinar?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: twistitup on November 21, 2018, 07:25:08 am
yup, I'll take multiple slices of the baked ham, with 2 yeast rolls, a heapin helping of taters/gravy/stuffin.

twistitup

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on November 21, 2018, 07:31:52 am
yup, I'll take multiple slices of the baked ham, with 2 yeast rolls, a heapin helping of taters/gravy/stuffin.

Slice of cranberry sauce?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

stronguard

Thats some thic cranberry sauce.

I know a guy in Conway that claims he's an "Iraqi Half-Millionaire" because he's got 500,000 Dinar.  Haven't thought about that in a while.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: twistitup on November 21, 2018, 11:56:48 am
Slice of cranberry sauce?
honestly have never touched the stuff

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: stronguard on November 21, 2018, 12:11:51 pm
Thats some thic cranberry sauce.

I know a guy in Conway that claims he's an "Iraqi Half-Millionaire" because he's got 500,000 Dinar.  Haven't thought about that in a while.
Does he work for Wells Fargo?   ;)

ricepig

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on November 24, 2018, 11:45:35 pm
Pretty sure nobody works for Wells Fargo, on no one in the USA in customer service.

stronguard

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on November 24, 2018, 11:45:35 pm

He does not...but I know who you're thinking about, I think. 
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: stronguard on November 26, 2018, 11:21:20 am
He does not...but I know who you're thinking about, I think.

Wow, small world!

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: twistitup on November 21, 2018, 07:25:08 am

I've been buying Dinar slowly ever since the US helped overthrow Hussein. I've also been invested in the Vietnamese Dong.

Both are big time long-shots, but in the words of Dwight Shrute "If some gives you a million to one odds...you take it." Cuz you never know...

JoeyCapital

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 29, 2018, 11:04:25 am
I've also been invested in the Vietnamese Dong.

Im all for gay rights and equality and whatnot, but do you have to throw this into our faces on a sports message board? Go be invested in your Vietnamese Dong in private somewhere. Geez

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: golf2day on November 29, 2018, 05:48:15 pm
Im all for gay rights and equality and whatnot, but do you have to throw this into our faces on a sports message board? Go be invested in your Vietnamese Dong in private somewhere. Geez

Lol. You don't want me to throw my Dongs in your face? Wait...what forum is this?!!!

BENTON PIGGEE

I've been buying Dinar slowly ever since the US helped overthrow Hussein. I've also been invested in the Vietnamese Dong.

I support your interest in the Dong. Who am I to judge?   :)

But all I've seen on the Dinar makes it akin to investing in alchemy, hoping someone can turn fool's gold into real gold.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on November 30, 2018, 09:36:05 am
I support your interest in the Dong. Who am I to judge?   :)

But all I've seen on the Dinar makes it akin to investing in alchemy, hoping someone can turn fool's gold into real gold.

Yep. I don't disagree.

Here's basically what I know:

1. After Hussein (Sadam, not Barack) was overthrown, they printed all new currency.

2. That new Dinar currency is worthless.

3. Iraq has a VERY large compilation of wealth in natural resources.

4. Of the Dinar was to be re-valued according to its actual wealth, it would be worth...SOMETHING.

5. If I buy 100k Dinar for $88 and nothing ever happens, I'm out $88 (or can sell it on eBay for $88). If it DOES revalue at even 1 Dinar = $1...then I'll be a very happy man.

I fully understand the risk of just how much of a long shot this is, but again...if someone gives you a million-to-one odds...you take it every time. Cuz you never know...

Ragnar Hogbrok

Both are big time long-shots, but in the words of Dwight Shrute "If some gives you a million to one odds...you take it." Cuz you never know...

Pretty sure it was Kevin from "The Office," not Dwight that said that. That should taken into consideration of your reasoning.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: The Chief on December 01, 2018, 01:22:18 pm
Pretty sure it was Kevin from "The Office," not Dwight that said that. That should taken into consideration of your reasoning.

Ha ha...you're correct. It was Kevin. But the truth still stands. Very low investments are worth it when the odds are that big.

Dr. Leonard Ford

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 30, 2018, 10:43:50 am
Yep. I don't disagree.

Here's basically what I know:

1. After Hussein (Sadam, not Barack) was overthrown, they printed all new currency.

2. That new Dinar currency is worthless.

3. Iraq has a VERY large compilation of wealth in natural resources.

4. Of the Dinar was to be re-valued according to its actual wealth, it would be worth...SOMETHING.

5. If I buy 100k Dinar for $88 and nothing ever happens, I'm out $88 (or can sell it on eBay for $88). If it DOES revalue at even 1 Dinar = $1...then I'll be a very happy man.

I fully understand the risk of just how much of a long shot this is, but again...if someone gives you a million-to-one odds...you take it every time. Cuz you never know...

PM me.  I've got some investments to get rid of that you might like.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Dr. Leonard Ford on December 06, 2018, 03:04:03 pm
PM me.  I've got some investments to get rid of that you might like.

If they're .00089 on the dollar and there is a rhyme and reason to an investment, then sure. Hit me up.

hog.goblin

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on December 01, 2018, 09:01:23 pm
Ha ha...you're correct. It was Kevin. But the truth still stands. Very low investments are worth it when the odds are that big.

"You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means"

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hog.goblin on December 07, 2018, 08:58:50 pm
"You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means"

Sorry...putting money into a certain place for the hopes of a profit. Didn't mean to incorrectly use it...

HogFansReunited

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on December 07, 2018, 11:27:56 pm
Sorry...putting money into a certain place for the hopes of a profit. Didn't mean to incorrectly use it...

An investment is different than playing the lotto.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: thebignasty on February 17, 2019, 08:15:55 am
Depends on what game you play in the lotto, some of them have much better odds at providing a return than buying up worthless currency.

Except if you don't win on the lotto ticket, you can't just resell it for what you put into it. "Worthless currency" is just that and can be turned back in for what I've got into it.

Will it happen? Probably not.

If it does (and it's a big if)? Owners of Dinar will be happy. It's zero risk with a minuscule chance of huge reward. Why not buy some? It's not like you have to put in thousands of dollars to make a meaningful return? I mean, if you can't afford $20 then you probably have more problems than just investments.

Anybody

Getting real close.  The QFS will usher in a worldwide reset.  Stay tuned.

GO OMAHOGS - WIN IT ALL !

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Anybody on May 31, 2021, 04:36:27 pm

What?

ricepig

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on May 31, 2021, 04:40:42 pm
What?

Surly you have accumulated $50M in Iraqi Dinar in your portfolio, it was implied here to do that, or miss out.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Anybody on May 31, 2021, 04:36:27 pm

This Quantum Financial System is interesting. Seems to be a lot of chatter about a reset without even necessarily referring to Dinar.

Anybody

Dinar, Dong and Zim  (just three of the currencies in a larger basket)

KTF A

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Anybody on January 26, 2015, 12:49:33 pmWhy not ?  If they bought it at .00086 per dinar (less than a penny), and it revalues at $3.58 USD (U.S. Dollar) per dinar or higher.......   can you use a calculator ?
Simple. Based on a revaluation of $3.58 per dinar X 1 million dinar the answer is 3.58 million bucks. Obviously Norman Einstein was my math professor ;)  :slowclap:

snoblind

Anybody

Pay attention to what our military is doing throughout the United States.  The reset is happening.

KTF

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Anybody on January 18, 2015, 11:16:52 pmHow safe is this foreign currency as an investment?  What is the going price for a million Dinar?  What other currencies look promising for the near future?

Thanks for your input.
I'd use the Iraqi Dinar as a sure bet against movements in the Iranian Rial, Syrian Pound and/or the Jordanian Dinar. Otherwise just get yourself an oil well and play along with the rest of 'em. :o  8)

snoblind

Quote from: ricepig on August 13, 2021, 06:20:48 pmBuying opportunity?

Forgot all about this.  If one had dropped $685 and change to buy 1,000,000 dinar on the day I posted that link today you have 998,514 dinar.

OldCoot

Quote from: Anybody on February 26, 2022, 05:02:20 pmFrom PeeWee basketball to the pros, I have NEVER seen a team walk off the court early.  I understand the safety issue regarding storming the court, but come on, congratulate the winning team.  It is called GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP.

WPS !  What an EPIC WIN !!!

How did that Dinar investment go for you?

PonderinHog

Would now be a good time to move into rubles ???  Asking for a friend.

theFlyingHog

Rubles and Yuan. The dollar probably won't exist in two weeks

OldCoot

March 04, 2022, 09:50:35 am #294 Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 10:21:01 am by OldCoot
NM