Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wake Me Up When The Cry Babies Leave

Started by The NewEra, December 05, 2017, 06:03:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The NewEra

And I'll jump on our new coach's bandwagon.  Razorback fan for life here.

WichitaStateRazorback

Quote from: The NewEra on December 05, 2017, 06:03:22 pm
And I'll jump on our new coach's bandwagon.  Razorback fan for life here.
you do realize you can be a fan and still refuse to accept the bull... Just because some fans see Morris as a crap hire which her is doesn't diminish their fandom.. Those who blindly take whatever is fed to them are the ones you should be questioning

Bogghawg

Quote from: WichitaStateRazorback on December 05, 2017, 06:04:56 pm
you do realize you can be a fan and still refuse to accept the bull... Just because some fans see Morris as a crap hire which her is doesn't diminish their fandom.. Those who blindly take whatever is fed to them are the ones you should be questioning
You have NO reason to believe it's a crap hire other than you have decided it is and you like to bitch.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Ray_Finkle

SlickWilly

Quote from: Bogghawg on December 05, 2017, 06:07:12 pm
You have NO reason to believe it's a crap hire other than you have decided it is and you like to bitch.

14-22 is a good enough reason.

TebowHater

Actually, you have NO reason to believe it's NOT a crap hire.

There are no data he is not crap. His record is crap (14-22, only won 1 more game in his 3 years than the 3 years before he got there). He recruiting is crap (10 spots worse than what it was before he came on average). What evidence is there - literally anywhere - that it is not a crap hire?

If you want to blindlessly hold out hope just bc you are a hog fan, that's totally cool, I respect that. But the people against it are the ones acting on facts. The ones for it are those acting on blind faith.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

The NewEra

Tony Perkis

Haters gonna hate

Gotta love the GOBN. If you don't agree with them they act like children. Maybe try to grow a set?

The NewEra

The NewEra

Philip Seaton

There are plenty of reasons to not like the hire. Just because you think someone hung the moon, doesn't make it the case for everyone else. Morris was 14 points away from losing to two 3-9 teams and a 2-10 team, and finishing with a 4-8 record. There are plenty of reasons to be skeptical. Doesn't make someone NOT a fan because not everyone is pumping sunshine. It's a free country, if people want to complain about the hire, let them and go on about your life and be happy.

Shakey

Quote from: Philip Seaton on December 05, 2017, 09:37:51 pm
There are plenty of reasons to not like the hire. Just because you think someone hung the moon, doesn't make it the case for everyone else. Morris was 14 points away from losing to two 3-9 teams and a 2-10 team, and finishing with a 4-8 record. There are plenty of reasons to be skeptical. Doesn't make someone NOT a fan because not everyone is pumping sunshine. It's a free country, if people want to complain about the hire, let them and go on about your life and be happy.
You and others seem to only care about records.  That's a very shallow way of looking at a coach's success in a small sample.  And it's the same reason so many people were high on Norvell.  It's funny that in your doomsday scenario, Morris was "almost" 4-8, where I could create a very similar scenario where he was "almost" 9-3, as he lost to UCF by 7 and Navy by 3.

I get it that you wanted Kiffin.  I wanted Kiffin.  However, just like I wasn't a Gus or bust, I'm not going to worry about the guys we didn't get, just the guy we got, and I think this will end up being a very solid hire.

I'm fine with guys taking the "wait and see" approach.  I think what is disappointing from my perspective is seeing so many people not even get this guy announced before they've decided they are done with the Hogs.  Could we at least get through a spring where we've seen at least a little bit of this guy's product on the field?

hoggusamoungus

If you're gonna sleep until the cry babies leave, better change your screen name to Rip Van Winkle.

elkhog

They actually hold this university back, imo.  You are absolutely right.  Those in the decision making process don't change their thinking as long as the ticket sales are coming in.
GO HOGS!!!