Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone notice how many of the people pumping Chad Morris are new?

Started by jgphillips3, December 05, 2017, 04:38:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogarusa

Really good hire. Many of you have no idea what you are talking about. Want the Clemson DC with no head coach experience but don't want the Clemson OC with head coaching experience because of an overall losing record, despite improving every year at SMU
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Hogsfan1981

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 05, 2017, 06:48:13 pm
I've noticed it the past few days. I'm usually the guy laughing at y'all making these claims but it was blatantly obvious starting 2 or 3 days ago. Not sure if they are guys with marching orders to get the positive word out or not.

search firm earning that pay

wooo

Does time served on hogville lend to credibility? 

Think not

wooo

Quote from: Hogarusa on December 05, 2017, 06:48:34 pm
Really good hire. Many of you have no idea what you are talking about. Want the Clemson DC with no head coach experience but don't want the Clemson OC with head coaching experience because of an overall losing record, despite improving every year at SMU

I wish there was a "like" button

NuttinItUp

Not my first choice, but after reading about him, he seems like a better hire than first glance.

I am NOT new, either. (Old fart here..)

HotlantaHog

I like the hire and it was not my first choice. I am also not new.

There will be plenty of tickets sold when the team is winning again. People would be smart to get good seats early.

Tejano Jawg

Well effers, I'm not new either. I was most excited about (in no particular order) Kiffin, Norvell and even Gus. I was curious about Venables, intrigued by Leach.

But we have a new head coach and he's not named one of the above. And, thankfully, he's not named Bielema. But I'm a Razorback fan, so I'll support him, his cause, and his players.

What I'm NOT is in-the-know about why he was hired. If some of you insiders are, and have some personal issue with Morris...fine. But if you idiots are just wanting to bitch, let 'er rip. Maybe Lanny can replace this "Coaching Search" forum with the "Bitching" forum. Boy will that be a fun place to spend a lazy afternoon.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

STLhawg

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 05, 2017, 04:38:31 pm
Or is it just me?
It is just you -- but thanks for playing!

The number of people bitching on here seem more like an organized mob pushing an agenda.  It appears they don't want people to get to know Morris and come to their own conclusion.  Or maybe are just to lazy to do a little research on their own, and it's easier to just jump on the "I hate him" bandwagon even though he's yet to coach a game (much less a season or two) here.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 05, 2017, 04:38:31 pm
Or is it just me?

There's a lot of them - and they're more vitriolic and smart-assed than ever before.

Feel sorry for the mods - they're gonna have their hands full

pigmania

They're plants from UA and Jerry Jones. GIVE IT UP! SAY NO TO MORRIS!

Broadway Rob

Quote from: Ironhawg on December 05, 2017, 05:01:12 pm
First, I like Chad Morris as a coach.  I think he is very driven and is a very innovative offensive mind.  I liked Mike Norvell too, but I felt like he needs a couple more years experience as a head coach. I like Lane Kiffin.  He is an inventive offensive coach and a dynamic play caller.  The bad about Kiffin is he is like having a teenager running rampant in your football program.  He needs a keeper, which probably scares some ADs and, I would guess, scared Arkansas away from him. 
If Arkansas was on solid ground as a program I would not be worried about Chad  Morris as the head coach, but with the program in its current condition, I am concerned whether Chad Morris can recruit well enough to get his program up and running.  I'm not going to project his recruiting at SMU to Arkansas because they are apples and oranges, but I am concerned about it.  He will absolutely, positively have to bring a first class staff in here or I fear he will fail.  If he fails at Arkansas it is going to be very, very bad.

CM has one year more than MN and CM went 2-10 in his first year so I'm not sure that he was coaching then.
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.