Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should you tweet at recruits?

Started by ArkanSWAG, February 03, 2015, 09:49:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawginbigd1

ricepig

24 hours until signing day! Since you may be considering tweeting at recruits today, here is a FLOWCHART to help: http://t.co/Kq7EFNtxuu

texas tush hog

Quote from: ricepig on February 03, 2015, 06:07:57 pm
24 hours until signing day! Since you may be considering tweeting at recruits today, here is a FLOWCHART to help: http://t.co/Kq7EFNtxuu

Rice what do the rules say about contact with a recruit? Could this be construed as illegal contact?

SPAL

It is OK to tweet recruits....tweet a go hogs, wps, or some other university hash tag. But it is never OK to be g them to come to your school or whine like a girl when they don't. Twitter is like drinking.....do it responsibly or get off the highway.

ricepig

Quote from: texas tush hog on February 03, 2015, 06:11:09 pm
Rice what do the rules say about contact with a recruit? Could this be construed as illegal contact?

I don't know, I don't tweet, I just read, lol. That flow chart was a joke on tweeting recruits, saying don't.

redeye

Quote from: duckman on February 03, 2015, 12:37:02 pm
Like it or not Twitter is now part of our culture and it will go nowhere.  Should you follow a recruit, sure.  Tweet your support, be tasteful.  If you criticize or engage in a pissing match with a recruit, you should be hit in the head with a tack hammer.....

Exactly.

Regardless of whether you think it's wrong, creepy or whatever, it's here to stay, so you might as well get used to it and find a more positive perspective with it.  As I noted earlier, I think of it as walking down Main Street.  I don't even use twitter and have never tweeted or followed anyone, much less a player, but if they make their tweets public, I'll look through them now and then.

I will caution fans to not break any NCAA rules, but I suspect the NCAA knows it's not going away also and that they'll never be able to enforce some of their rules with the medium.

hawginbigd1

Hmmm listen to the judgemental mouth breathers or Gragg. I will go Gragg!

Pig In The City

Only if you are young and it is positive! 

redeye

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 03, 2015, 07:53:12 pm
Hmmm listen to the judgemental mouth breathers or Gragg. I will go Gragg!

Just thinking the same thing.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net