Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I still say we are a 9-3 team

Started by RyeHogFan, September 25, 2016, 12:31:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgTrough

The Alabama and Ole Miss games will be pretty lopsided. A Bielema team with no o-line is a huge issue. Especially now that everyone will just blitz all night long.

We're gonna come out of our homestand with two straight losses and an 0-3 conference record. The road game with Auburn will be the key to the season. If we can salvage a win before the bye, I think the last 4 games could set up well for us. However, we lose that one to Gus and it's gonna get real ugly around here.
WPS

NaturalStateReb

The thing that worries me the most about Arkansas is that the Hogs will see at least 5 more teams with D-lines as good as A&M's.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

bhogs05

I thought 8-4 at the beginning of the year and still think we will hit that.  Our O Line play hasn't been good I'll admit that but A&M didn't tee off on us until we were down by 14 when they knew we had to abandon the run game which played right into their d lines hands.  The O line will get better, not worried as much about them as I am the lack of depth at LB and secondary. 

hogcard1964

Quote from: bhogs05 on September 26, 2016, 10:28:08 am
I thought 8-4 at the beginning of the year and still think we will hit that.  Our O Line play hasn't been good I'll admit that but A&M didn't tee off on us until we were down by 14 when they knew we had to abandon the run game which played right into their d lines hands.  The O line will get better, not worried as much about them as I am the lack of depth at LB and secondary.

The play calling really worries me now.  The goal line game is almost high school like.

Razorbackers

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 25, 2016, 01:02:00 pm
Maybe

I tend to believe we're closer to 6 wins than we are 9.  We're going to drop a few games we shouldn't.  That's par for the course with Beliema. So I'm now expecting us to more than likely drop 3 of 4 games between LSU, Auburn, Miss St and Missouri.  It's what we do. The best we can hope for is a split going 2-2.

I think we can pencil in automatic losses to Bama and Ole Miss.

So is winning a few games we shouldn't, then. If we're going par for the course. TTU and Toledo last year we should have won. OM, Auburn, and LSU were anything but games we were expected to win.

bhogs05

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 26, 2016, 10:44:49 am
The play calling really worries me now.  The goal line game is almost high school like.

I agree with that as well..I have no idea why we don't utilize Sprinkle in the redzone on some PA passes or heck even a pa bootleg when we get down at the 1 or 2. 

HawgTrough

Quote from: bhogs05 on September 26, 2016, 11:38:07 am
I agree with that as well..I have no idea why we don't utilize Sprinkle in the redzone on some PA passes or heck even a pa bootleg when we get down at the 1 or 2. 
It almost felt like it was a manhood measuring contest. Chavis stacks all 11 guys right at the LOS with their ears pinned back and Enos/CBB seem like they want to prove they can push through it. Frustrating
WPS

PorkSoda

Quote from: HawgTrough on September 26, 2016, 01:07:59 pm
It almost felt like it was a manhood measuring contest. Chavis stacks all 11 guys right at the LOS with their ears pinned back and Enos/CBB seem like they want to prove they can push through it. Frustrating
that is the feeling I got too.  reminds me of when HDN tried the same thing with Hillis 4 plays in a row.  with the penalty it ended up something like 6-7 tries in a row.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

bhogs05

Quote from: HawgTrough on September 26, 2016, 01:07:59 pm

Yeah it does feel like that..A&M had 10-11 guys within both hash marks and all within 2 yards of the LOS..at that point it becomes a #s game that the line is almost always going to lose.  I'm sure we'll mix it up a little more in the future though. 

alohawg

Quote from: rhog1 on September 26, 2016, 08:39:51 am
I say 10-2 with our only other loss being to Ole Miss.

No way we beat Alabama.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

bulldog04

If we don't throw some screens and run some draws to slow down pass rushes it will be a long year

GBHawg

Hogs left 19 points at the 1 yard line.  Put those points on the board and this is a totally different game.  A&M would have to continue to honor the run instead of pin their ears back and blitz knowing we have to pass.  Also consider the 17 pts A&M made off TO's. 2 ending in TD's and 1 a field goal.  Also, I think TOP combined with our lack of depth on OL worked against us.  We had the ball for almost 40 minutes.  Our OL was on the field for a very long time.  But what coulda, woulda, shoulda......

Bottom line is there were a lot of mistakes made by both players and coaches.  I hope we learn, adjust and move forward a better team.  8-4

Youngsta71701

Quote from: bulldog04 on September 26, 2016, 02:24:58 pm
If we don't throw some screens and run some draws to slow down pass rushes it will be a long year
Sounds like a good idea. Send that to Coach Enos and Coach B.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

GoHogs1091

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on September 26, 2016, 09:31:01 am
The thing that worries me the most about Arkansas is that the Hogs will see at least 5 more teams with D-lines as good as A&M's.

I see only 3 more good Defensive Lines.

Alabama's DL
Auburn's DL
Florida's DL

I am not sold on Ole Miss' DL and LSU's DL.  Ole Miss' DL got pushed around by a Florida State Offensive Line that is frankly not one of FSU's better OLs.

Albert Einswine

With our breaking in a mostly new o-line, new quarterback and roughly new running backs, and not expecting radically improved defense I figured this to be a 7-5 season, 8-4 at best with a mid range bowl. 

Anything more and I'll be stoked.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

redleg

Arkansas will not beat Alabama, unless the Tide come in over-confident and look past the Hogs, which I seriously doubt will happen.
The Ole Miss game is still winnable. The Rebs D is not as good as it was last year, and they are giving up 239 yards per game on the ground and 203 yards per game in the air. Their offense is still very potent, so chances are the Hogs will have to outscore the Rebs again. OM two losses to FSU and Bama were very telling. Their defensive front wore down as the game went along, and they allowed two good running teams to plow over them in the late 3rd qtr and all of the 4th. Arkansas could do the same thing, IF, Bielema will commit to the run and only pass out of play-action and roll outs. Arkansas' D is some better than last year, and will hopefully play well against the OM run game. I still think it may be a loss, but there is much more hope for a victory over Mississippi than there is over Alabama.
My thought is that Arkansas goes to Auburn and wins, giving the Hogs a 5-3 record at their BYE week, with four very winnable games remaining.
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: HawgcallWPS on September 26, 2016, 06:50:15 am
Ole Miss and Bama are on different levels then the rest of the SEC this year. A&M can push anyone. The rest of us are pretty equal. We beat ourselves against A&M and allowed the game to get out of hand. We should play with everyone, whether we win will come down to executing and coaching. I see at least 2 more losses with another one likely. Pretty happy with where we are as a whole.

Agree, this A&M team may be the best most complete team they've fielded since joining the SEC. Ton of talent on O and finally a D capable of bailing them out on a bad day. They may not be Alabama good, but I'd be confident in saying they are at least the second best team in the league based on what I've seen so far.

We have a good team too. Still think we are top 25 caliber. Lots of wins left in this team.

Foozzball

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 26, 2016, 09:08:54 am
foozball is the right game for you...

LOL...at my age, its the only game for me....ha ha :)

JOKERHOG

6-6 was my initial prediction for the season.  Not sure we win 6 know in spite of AA.  Could get really ugly
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

TheRazorback500

Alcorn and MSU should be W's, and surely we could win at least two of the other 6 games which would equal my original 7-5 prediction. I hope it proves to be pessimistic.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Medic821

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 25, 2016, 01:18:39 pm
We'd probably do the same thing in the BIG12.
Are you frickin' for real TROLL?????

PorkSoda

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 26, 2016, 09:08:54 am
foozball is the right game for you...
I'm thinking it should be foobarred
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

NuttinItUp

9-3 would be an improvement on last year and a step in the right direction.

All you can ask is to see improvement each year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bret_Bielema

HogBreath

Quote from: Foozzball on September 25, 2016, 07:46:04 pm
You people who say the aggies are better than bama this year are crazy!  28 of aTm's 45 were scored on long running plays and 1 was a long pass play!  Thats 35 points!  Thats 35 points that Alabama WON'T GIVE UP!
Well, son of a gun, it took long enough, but you finally had a post that wasn't completely goofy.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Pig In The City

if the playbook is opened up and we fix the red zone blues, we can beat anyone. We need the team to step up and play with intensity.