Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Florida Coming Up

Started by Fan701, January 14, 2018, 12:29:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Chiozza and Allen may light us up..................

SouthTulsaHog

Kevaughn has been mired in a pretty horrific shooting slump most of the year.

It was be classic Arkansas for him to break out of it on Wednesday...

elksnort

Quote from: razorpimp on January 15, 2018, 12:20:09 pm
I think Andeson should really change things up for Florida, it sounds crazy but it might throw FL off and get some guys going.  No press just a zone, feed the ball down low from top of key, then out to the wings for 3

Starters:
Macon
Jones
Hall
Gafford
Thompson

2nd unit
Beard
Barford
Bailey
Cook
Thomas

They have got to do something different because a small change like starting Hall just isn't cutting it
Might as well start out big. The Gators big guy is still out.

1highhog

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on January 14, 2018, 12:38:46 pm
Hate to say it, but we lose by 30.  They are coming off a loss to Ole Miss and we still don’t know our identity.  If MA can get the selfish play under control, maybe we keep it to 10, but even then Florida does too good of a job with penetration and Gafford will be in foul trouble early. 

Hope to hell im wrong. 

Yep, this game will be bad.  I wish I was wrong, but I won't be.  I think we lose 5 of our next 6 games honestly.

King Kong

Quote from: razorpimp on January 15, 2018, 12:10:41 pm
I thought the two easiest road games would be @ MSU and LSU

We saw what each team has done to the Hogs

And nobody thought we would win at SC latest year and we did

1highhog

Quote from: King Kong on January 15, 2018, 04:17:47 pm

This is not last year.  We had a great 3 point shooter in Hannahs that we're missing from last year that also got to where he could go make drives when needed.  We also miss Watkins although many on here seemed to have not thought much of him.  Both of these guys we could count on heavily when needed and they were good freethrow shooters to.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: 1highhog on January 15, 2018, 06:15:59 pm
This is not last year.  We had a great 3 point shooter in Hannahs that we're missing from last year that also got to where he could go make drives when needed.  We also miss Watkins although many on here seemed to have not thought much of him.  Both of these guys we could count on heavily when needed and they were good freethrow shooters to.
Yes Manny Watkins was good, but he shot 58% from the FT throw
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

razorback1829

Quote from: Paul on January 15, 2018, 12:13:09 pm
you're right  chiozza will score half a hundred if we try to press him

Key to the game is the same thing we did with Oklahoma.. turn chiozza into a scorer. They have nobody else that can create offense. Oh yea, and POUND it inside to Gafford. They have no defense at the rim.

TeufelHog

Our Hogs are gonna get the brakes beat off of them.  You're kidding yourself if you believe otherwise.  Our team has a "low basketball IQ."  They just do inexplicable things in all phases of the game.  Hate to be blunt, but we see it too often.

razorback1829

Quote from: TeufelHog on January 15, 2018, 06:55:23 pm
Our Hogs are gonna get the brakes beat off of them.  You're kidding yourself if you believe otherwise.  Our team has a "low basketball IQ."  They just do inexplicable things in all phases of the game.  Hate to be blunt, but we see it too often.

The only one that seems to have low basketball IQ is you lol

Davidr295

Quote from: razorback1829 on January 15, 2018, 06:51:35 pm
Key to the game is the same thing we did with Oklahoma.. turn chiozza into a scorer. They have nobody else that can create offense. Oh yea, and POUND it inside to Gafford. They have no defense at the rim.

You keep bringing up a gameplan in all these threads. There is no gameplan, never was. Its always been go as fast as possible and hopefully force turnovers. There is no gameplaning other teams, we play the exact same against everyone.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Davidr295 on January 15, 2018, 09:51:46 pm
You keep bringing up a gameplan in all these threads. There is no gameplan, never was. Its always been go as fast as possible and hopefully force turnovers. There is no gameplaning other teams, we play the exact same against everyone.
you know we held Missouri way below their average, and got their big men in foul trouble, you don't think that was a game plan?
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 15, 2018, 10:18:53 pm
you know we held Missouri way below their average, and got their big men in foul trouble, you don't think that was a game plan?

Lol yea, and Gafford after the game said that was their plan from the beginning. 

Davidr295

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 15, 2018, 10:18:53 pm

😂 lol

cardinalhawg

Quote from: razorpimp on January 15, 2018, 12:20:09 pm
I think Andeson should really change things up for Florida, it sounds crazy but it might throw FL off and get some guys going.  No press just a zone, feed the ball down low from top of key, then out to the wings for 3

Starters:
Macon
Jones
Hall
Gafford
Thompson

2nd unit
Beard
Barford
Bailey
Cook
Thomas

They have got to do something different because a small change like starting Hall just isn't cutting it

I like your proposed starting lineup and second units.  I liked the insertion of Hall into the starting lineup the last game and thought the defense was better, but still the team struggled offensively in the opening minutes.  Coming off of a win, I expect the same lineup as Saturday, but would personally like to see it tweaked some more.  Regardless, I do want to see a more concentrated effort to get the ball into Gafford in the early stages of the game and get closer looks at the basket in the early stages.

razorback1829

Quote from: Davidr295 on January 15, 2018, 09:51:46 pm

Another example of low basketball IQ.. sorry it's just amazing how much y'all don't know about the game. Crazy thing is, basketball is not rocket scienece. Just let your emotion and bias go, then try again buddy.

MAGA45

I'm envisioning a 101-58 type loss.  Kevaughn with 35, Chiozza with 30 and a triple double. 
Fake News

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: MAGA45 on January 16, 2018, 10:07:32 am
I'm envisioning a 101-58 type loss.  Kevaughn with 35, Chiozza with 30 and a triple double.
idek if Kevaugh has 35 all year long

BDSCT51

I think it will ugly with a capital "F"!
Bleeding Razorback Red

Breems

Chiozza will also probably hit the game winning shot, even if they're up by 30.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Davidr295

Quote from: razorback1829 on January 16, 2018, 09:30:34 am
Another example of low basketball IQ.. sorry it's just amazing how much y'all don't know about the game. Crazy thing is, basketball is not rocket scienece. Just let your emotion and bias go, then try again buddy.

That's funny coming from you  :D Learn how to spell science before you try and talk down to everyone else about basketball IQ...  ;D The only time you spent on the court was the local upward league...

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Davidr295 on January 17, 2018, 10:38:21 am
That's funny coming from you  :D Learn how to spell science before you try and talk down to everyone else about basketball IQ...  ;D The only time you spent on the court was the local upward league...

Sick burn, everyone knows that spellling is a vital component of understanding basketball.

#redneckhissyfit
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

010HogFan

Lol I'm a pessimist when it comes to this team, but this is stupid. I think we'll lose by 10 or so.

razorback1829

Quote from: Davidr295 on January 17, 2018, 10:38:21 am

Oooooh you got me ;) foreal though, sometimes being an emotional poster makes people such as yourself seem like you never played or watch the game. We have a collectively high basketball iq. Just a good offensive game away from blowing the lid off like we did in the non conference. Y'all just make sure and come back to eat that crow.

KlubhouseKonnected

https://www.google.com/amp/www.gatorsports.com/2018/01/gators-depth-tested-vs-razorbacks/amp/

Florida may be a little short handed. Look for that to knowingly or not affect the officials leading to call that control pace.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: King Kong on January 15, 2018, 04:17:47 pm
That would be the equivalent to this, yes. No one called that game last year, and they got it.
It would be so totally right for this unpredictable bunch to go down there and win.
Since we haven't won there since 1995, I can't quite go that far.

But I am in fact calling this game as the game where they finally shake off the funk and play a complete game.
To me, Missouri wasn't it, even though it was a win. Only scored 65 points, at home, and barely won. They're still not back.
But I think they will 'bring it' tonight.

This will be a close game.
Still going with Fla, though. 74-69.

Davidr295

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on January 17, 2018, 11:39:58 am
Sick burn, everyone knows that spellling is a vital component of understanding basketball.

#redneckhissyfit

If you can't spell how can you call out someones IQ? #thinkingwouldhelp #tryitsometime

Davidr295

Quote from: razorback1829 on January 17, 2018, 11:46:00 am
Oooooh you got me ;) foreal though, sometimes being an emotional poster makes people such as yourself seem like you never played or watch the game. We have a collectively high basketball iq. Just a good offensive game away from blowing the lid off like we did in the non conference. Y'all just make sure and come back to eat that crow.

LOL, you honestly have never played basketball have you... Just another poser.  :)

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Davidr295 on January 17, 2018, 03:20:37 pm
If you can't spell how can you call out someones IQ? #thinkingwouldhelp #tryitsometime

One might rely on research dating all the way back to the 1970's indicating that there is no significant correlation between spelling and intelligence. One MIGHT... they just might.

PonderinHog

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on January 17, 2018, 03:33:42 pm
One might rely on research dating all the way back to the 1970's indicating that there is no significant correlation between spelling and intelligence. One MIGHT... they just might.
What about punctuation ???

Davidr295

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on January 17, 2018, 03:33:42 pm

👌

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: cardinalhawg on January 15, 2018, 11:50:44 pm
I like your proposed starting lineup and second units.  I liked the insertion of Hall into the starting lineup the last game and thought the defense was better, but still the team struggled offensively in the opening minutes.  Coming off of a win, I expect the same lineup as Saturday, but would personally like to see it tweaked some more.  Regardless, I do want to see a more concentrated effort to get the ball into Gafford in the early stages of the game and get closer looks at the basket in the early stages.

Maybe. Mike, like Nolan. Will sometimes put a guy who has been practicing well into the starting lineup.

cityhog

Quote from: SouthTulsaHog on January 15, 2018, 02:28:31 pm

nailed it

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: cityhog on January 17, 2018, 04:20:14 pm
nailed it
I fully expect Allen to have a good game tonight.

But I expect Ark to play like they're capable, too.

Should be a good game.

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: Davidr295 on January 17, 2018, 03:20:37 pm

The first IQ test was invented in 1904. And was NOT intended to measure intelligence. It was intended to determine which French kids were doing well in Kindergarten. Alfred Beinet. A man named HH Godard then basically turned the test into a fad.

The only thing an IQ test does is tell you how good you are at taking IQ tests.

hawgrunner

Quote from: hog.goblin on January 14, 2018, 09:28:21 pm
Florida wins by 18. 

We need to find a way to slow it down and keep it respectable.  Winning the remaining 4 games in January is possible and gets us back toward our goals for this season.

X2

SouthTulsaHog

Quote from: SouthTulsaHog on January 15, 2018, 02:28:31 pm

Bump

Wild Bill Hog

Is the game going to be televised?