Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We are Nowhere Near "Close"...

Started by WilsonHog, October 22, 2017, 08:22:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 22, 2017, 08:22:40 pm
...to being a good football team.

Our offensive line is statistically one of the worst in college football. Our receivers have trouble getting separation. Catching the football is also a bit of an issue. Our quarterbacks' completion percentage is around 57% which is horrible. Opposing offenses go through our defense like sh*t through a tin horn. I would not argue if someone called this the worst football team we have had since the days of Jack Crowe.

I'm pretty much ready for a few people, including our head coach and AD, to stop pissing on my feet and telling me it's raining. I'm about to drown, here.
They're close. Not anything I saw in the game that can't be corrected in practice. Just have to have players playing who want to play. Coaches can do only so much.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: HogFoo on October 22, 2017, 09:28:32 pm
this is my question.. well, it's not a question cuz I found out why we didn't and it falls on Anderson. He is the reason and he should have never been hired in the 1st place!  But, since he was he should have been fired way before now.  He has proven his methods stink. He has proven his personal agenda was worth more than him or his head coach keeping their job.  But yeah, things might have been different had this been the OLine we've used all year. But it wasn't. We've lost a lot and things look worse than in many years.  Time to clean house. 

Ive been a big hog fan for many years. Ice sat thru monsoons, I've driven thru ice for miles, I've sat thru freezing drizzle where I had a shell of ice covering my body when I left the stadium.  Ice sat thru a rain storm back in 2000 Tenn game where it felt like someone literally was dumping a bucket of water on my head!  Never once have I walked out of a game early. I've seen some bad losses over the years, but I never left a game early, that is until last night in the 3rd quarter.  It felt like a mass exodus started when people seen my family and I pick up and leave.  It was crazy.  This is a very bad feeling.  One of No Hope at this point.  And it sucks that we have fallen this far.

I don't doubt that when Bielema leaves that he may find a job elsewhere and be successful, but he just had too big of a job, and he proved to not be the coach to get it done.  I imagine our next coach will be the guy to takes us to the next level.  It sure isn't gonna happen under Bielema!  Took a while for me to realize this, but I finally do.
Every fan has their breaking point. Yours is a Bret Bielema coached team.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Someone, in this galaxy, thinks we're close?

EastArkHog 47

Our football team is in a galaxy far, far away from real football and the one's who think we are close are piloting the ship called "Disaster", Bielema and Long.

Redhogs

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 23, 2017, 12:03:47 am
They're close. Not anything I saw in the game that can't be corrected in practice. Just have to have players playing who want to play. Coaches can do only so much.
Sarcasm right? Or are you showing your stupidity...which is it?  Wait Bert?    Is that you Bert?
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

hogcard1964

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 22, 2017, 08:37:09 pm
Nutt at least had support left from some portions of our fan base, and had being an Arkansas guy in his favor. Bielema is not.

There's still a handful here-at this site, that support Bielema.  Why?  ...I have no clue.

Ex-Trumpet

I think what's frustrating most is the possibility that CBB will continue to fail--and continue to be the Hogs' head coach.

There is no faith in the upper management.  Hopefully they will restore some faith, but a full restoration won't happen until we see the replacement.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hawgtime

Our offensive line is statistically one of the worst in college football. Our receivers have trouble getting separation. Catching the football is also a bit of an issue. Our quarterbacks' completion percentage is around 57% which is horrible. Opposing offenses go through our defense like sh*t through a tin horn. I would not argue if someone called this the worst football team we have had since the days of Jack Crowe.

I'm pretty much ready for a few people, including our head coach and AD, to stop pissing on my feet and telling me it's raining. I'm about to drown, here.

I agree. With his recruits for 5 years, 6 years of coaching and conditioning, if this is going to work, we should be a lot closer.

Redhogs

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 23, 2017, 07:48:52 am
I think what's frustrating most is the possibility that CBB will continue to fail--and continue to be the Hogs' head coach.

There is no faith in the upper management.  Hopefully they will restore some faith, but a full restoration won't happen until we see the replacement.
Correct...which keeps leading back to Long.

Atlhogfan1

I don't believe we are close in the oline which is the whole foundation for what the current staff wants to do. 

There may be some talent or prospects in what we have recruited for the oline but the numbers aren't there.

Current class 2 commits
2017 3 signees
2016 1 HS and 2 JC's which are usually filler for us.  Certainly not long term program building players.
2015 3 HS - Merrick, Rogers and Jackson - Froholdt in this class too

This is the near future of the Oline. 

IMO this was a 7 win team vs this schedule had things gone right this season.  No SEC home game till Oct 21st, 3 SEC home games total, trips to SC (who finished well last season), Bama and LSU.  AU with a great def front and TCU being better than last season. 

The worst place a program can be is mediocre with a coach who does just well enough to keep their job and won't leave.  I do think Bielema will leave/would have left in the not so distant future even if he were to somehow be at the 7-8 win level.  However, he wouldn't be forced out.  I'm not frustrated with this season as we are getting a definitive answer on this era by this season not getting to that mediocre plateau.  For me, its one season instead of a prolonged era of knowing our program won't reach its ceiling yet stuck with the coach which is where we were with Nutt.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogcard1964

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 23, 2017, 07:48:52 am

The thought of him remaining here scares a lot of people.  You want to have some hope to improve next year, but you're always reminded of the fact, that we've done some pretty stupid stuff personnel wise at this school.  In the end I still think it's already a done deal and he's gone.

Redhogs

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 23, 2017, 08:42:32 am
I don't believe we are close in the oline which is the whole foundation for what the current staff wants to do. 

There may be some talent or prospects in what we have recruited for the oline but the numbers aren't there.

Current class 2 commits
2017 3 signees
2016 1 HS and 2 JC's which are usually filler for us.  Certainly not long term program building players.
2015 3 HS - Merrick, Rogers and Jackson - Froholdt in this class too

This is the near future of the Oline. 

IMO this was a 7 win team vs this schedule had things gone right this season.  No SEC home game till Oct 21st, 3 SEC home games total, trips to SC (who finished well last season), Bama and LSU.  AU with a great def front and TCU being better than last season. 

The worst place a program can be is mediocre with a coach who does just well enough to keep their job and won't leave.  I do think Bielema will leave/would have left in the not so distant future even if he were to somehow be at the 7-8 win level.  However, he wouldn't be forced out.  I'm not frustrated with this season as we are getting a definitive answer on this era by this season not getting to that mediocre plateau.  For me, its one season instead of a prolonged era of knowing our program won't reach its ceiling yet stuck with the coach which is where we were with Nutt.
To sum up your post...Bert's a disaster...who may not be leaving anytime soon.

Redhogs

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 23, 2017, 08:48:43 am
The thought of him remaining here scares a lot of people.  You want to have some hope to improve next year, but you're always reminded of the fact, that we've done some pretty stupid stuff personnel wise at this school.  In the end I still think it's already a done deal and he's gone.
Hope you are right, have not heard a peep out of Long since the TCU debacle though. Don't know what that means. Kind of strange, most AD's would have made some statement by now.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Redhogs on October 23, 2017, 08:51:39 am
To sum up your post...Bert's a disaster...who may not be leaving anytime soon.

....he will....be....
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HuntsvilleHawgFan

I think we are close to a good football team, every week we line up just 55 yards across the field from a good team.  We just can not get any closer than that.  Still, 55 yards is pretty close.

HawgsPolo

Go Cubs Go!!!!!

hogcard1964

Quote from: Redhogs on October 23, 2017, 08:54:54 am
Hope you are right, have not heard a peep out of Long since the TCU debacle though. Don't know what that means. Kind of strange, most AD's would have made some statement by now.

He hasn't publicly spoken out in favor of him.

ricepig

Quote from: Ramtough on October 22, 2017, 09:55:03 pm
We are nowhere near close to getting rid of Bret!! The main reason is the alumni keep buying tickets. Put 60-70 thousand Arkansas graduates in the stands with their families every game and the rest of us in the state will continue to find something else to do on our Saturdays!!! What a train wreck!!!

Lol, now it's the alums fault, I've heard everything now.......

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ricepig on October 23, 2017, 09:31:33 am
Lol, now it's the alums fault, I've heard everything now.......
Wow! So the alums are supposed to have so much pull they can directly influence the hiring and firing of a HC. If only it were that easy.

ricepig

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 23, 2017, 09:18:46 am
He hasn't publicly spoken out in favor of him.

Correct, he is letting the season play out, he'll be heard form the last week or November.

DeltaBoy

Sad but true it the worse since Crowe .
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Ex-Trumpet

close
klōz

verb

move or cause to move so as to cover an opening.
"she jumped into the train just as the doors were closing"
synonyms:   shut, pull (shut), push (shut), slam

bring or come to an end.
"the members were thanked for attending, and the meeting was closed"
synonyms:   end, conclude, finish, terminate, wind up, break off, halt, discontinue, dissolve
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

oldhawg

The one attractive thing that Jeff Long can offer a new hire head football coach is longevity and job security.  That's not such a bad thing if he picks the right coach ---- which he has yet to do, for one reason or another.

KennyForAD

It is THE worst offensive line in all of college football.

It is THE worst Arkansas Razorback football team since we quit wearing leather helmets.

(The line is statistically among the worst at run blocking and among the worst at pass blocking.  Combine the two, and it is THE worst line in football, BY FAR.  No one else even in the discussion.)