Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How hard do you think it was for Bert...

Started by hawgon, October 22, 2017, 04:13:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgon

to even get up and go watch film this morning?  He has got to be close to just packing it in and mailing it in for the rest of the year. 

BrianG

theFlyingHog

Every now and then a team will have a game so bad, the coach throws out the game film. BB does that every week

Letsroll1200

Watching film and analyzing film are two different things. Every week the team has had a good practice week according to Bret. Arkansas need to have a bad week this week.

Bebop

Quote from: hawgon on October 22, 2017, 04:13:06 pm
to even get up and go watch film this morning?  He has got to be close to just packing it in and mailing it in for the rest of the year.

Doesn't matter, he would fall asleep.

Michael_E_Davis

October 22, 2017, 05:45:44 pm #5 Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 11:59:38 pm by Michael_E_Davis
Who is Bert?  There is no one on the staff named Bert that I am aware of.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

Danimal

kodiakisland

Jen probably had him boxing a few things up around the house.  No need to wait till the last day or trust the movers.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

depressed_fan

LOL. That dude isn't watching film.

East Clintwood

Quote from: depressed_fan on October 22, 2017, 06:29:25 pm
LOL. That dude isn't watching film.

I don't know.  Maybe he turns it into a drinking game.

Every opponent first down, a drink.  20+ yard gain or field goals, 2 drinks.  TD's,  3 drimks.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Vantage 8 dude

Wait a minute there. Are you actually suggesting he's actually gone in to review the film. Not sure what the heck he'd learn that he's hasn't already immediately forgotten.

EastexHawg

How hard is it for him to acknowledge having a player flop to stop the clock and run a hurry up offense after he whined incessantly... even talked about "death certificates"...when the coach who has whipped him like a tied up goat did the same things?

rljjr

Can you at least call him Bret? It's his name. There's no reason to be petty. Yes, we're not happy with the results on the field that are ultimately his responsibility, but I mean come on. It doesn't mean he doesn't care about his players. He's done good things for the program. It just seems the job is too big for him now.

SONofHAM

Every now and then, a warrior has to lay down and just have a good bleed.
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

NuttinItUp

Just spending those millions we are paying him.

shown006

Not difficult at all for him.  He got up...got out a few non stick frying pans and told Jen, "I'm gonna make us some omelets like I always do on Sunday morning", and got busy.  Spent 3 or 4 hours in the kitchen.
WPS!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on October 22, 2017, 05:45:44 pm
Who is Bert?  There is no one on the staff names Bert that I am aware of.

This^^^At least call the guy by the correct name. He is a human being. Show a little class. Geez.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: rljjr on October 22, 2017, 07:46:18 pm
Can you at least call him Bret? It's his name. There's no reason to be petty. Yes, we're not happy with the results on the field that are ultimately his responsibility, but I mean come on. It doesn't mean he doesn't care about his players. He's done good things for the program. It just seems the job is too big for him now.

Exactly.

twistitup

He has set us back in a very similar way to JLS
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: twistitup on October 22, 2017, 08:16:55 pm
He has set us back in a very similar way to JLS

He still deserves to be called by the right name.
Show some decency.

hawgon

Nope.  It's Bert or Dumplin.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hawgon on October 22, 2017, 08:18:55 pm
Nope.  It's Bert or Dumplin.

Says the guy who hides behind a message board pseudonym.

Hogs-n-Roses

This is an angle that may work for us. He just looked stunned and beat on the sideline and could just want out.

hawgon

code red

Mail in millions uh no.  Jen would be pissed.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Bonehog

If you made $350k every game you lost what would you do? He gets up dances a jig every day, most likely that silly gold miner dance!
If you look at your reflection at the bottom of the well
What you see is only on the surface
When you try to see the meaning, hidden underneath
The measure of the depth can be deceiving
The bottom has a rocky reputation!
                      Joe Walsh

(notOM)Rebel123

twistitup

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 22, 2017, 08:21:02 pm
I'm sure you don't give 2 shiites...

Correct ....beet, vert, Bert, squirt, dumplin

Who really cares

twistitup

Quote from: Bonehog on October 22, 2017, 08:22:55 pm
If you made $350k every game you lost what would you do? He gets up dances a jig every day, most likely that silly gold miner dance!

Didn't he dance after the NM st win?

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: twistitup on October 22, 2017, 08:23:33 pm
Correct ....beet, vert, Bert, squirt, dumplin

Who really cares
....Those of us who choose to treat people with respect & decency even if we aren't happy with the job they are doing.

twistitup

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 22, 2017, 08:27:14 pm
....Those of us who choose to treat people with respect & decency even if we aren't happy with the job they are doing.

I bet he appreciates you greatly

Quit wasting your time- you think folks on here are going to change based on your opinion?

hawgon

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: twistitup on October 22, 2017, 08:29:36 pm
I bet he appreciates you greatly

Quit wasting your time- you think folks on here are going to change based on your opinion?

I'm sure they won't change their opinion on whether or not we need a new coach. Nor will I, because we do. I'm not trying to change their minds. But I will still do my best to treat people with respect & hope others would do the same.

shown006

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 22, 2017, 08:18:21 pm
Show some decency.

The term Bert actually came from Wisconsin.  That's what the Badger fans called him.
WPS!

Bonehog

We would call him "bulimia" but for some reason that don't fit, not sure why.
                      Joe Walsh

(notOM)Rebel123

Bonehog

Joe Walsh

jgphillips3

When Bert mans up, takes all the blame for the losses, calls it completely unacceptable, admits his Oline and Oline coach are a disaster, takes responsibility for that, etc, then he can be Bret again.  Players under the bus, coach speak, lack of recognition of reality...that's Bert.

Jimbob111

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 22, 2017, 08:20:13 pm
Says the guy who hides behind a message board pseudonym.

Says the guy who does the same.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

longpig

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 22, 2017, 09:02:36 pm
When Bert mans up, takes all the blame for the losses, calls it completely unacceptable, admits his Oline and Oline coach are a disaster, takes responsibility for that, etc, then he can be Bret again.  Players under the bus, coach speak, lack of recognition of reality...that's Bert.

Admits he flopped......
Don't be scared, be smart.

Count Hogula

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 22, 2017, 08:18:21 pm
Show some decency.

I'm sure ole Doughboy gives two shats what you think. He's too busy counting all that money...

Tusks

I thought this thread was going to be about how hard it is for Bert to look in the mirror after cashing his paycheck this week.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HognotinMemphis

Close? He did that after the TCU game.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

longpig

Bert sure does have a lot of fanboys in here.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: longpig on October 22, 2017, 11:59:36 pm
Bert sure does have a lot of fanboys in here.

Again,  there is no one named Bert on the staff.  Who are you referring to?  If you mean our current coach, Bret,   I think some people just realize that calling him Bert because you don't like him is getting real old, real fast. 
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

Count Hogula

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on October 23, 2017, 12:02:52 am
Again,  there is no one named Bert on the staff.  Who are you referring to?  If you mean our current coach, Bret,   I think some people just realize that calling him Bert because you don't like him is getting real old, real fast. 

How about " Crisco" think we could get away with that?

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Pig in the Pokey

absolutely not
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

MountieDawg

If they have to call him Bret because that is his name, do they have to call him coach because that is not what he does.
SEC!

texas tush hog

After watching us the other night, the whole staff js just marking time, looking for jobs, waiting to be fired and draw their buyouts. Bielema is probably looking for the television booth. You can just see it in his demeanor, he is waiting to be fired, so he can draw his money. Could be sett for life.