Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Uh oh, on the 5th Quarter last night...

Started by hawgon, October 22, 2017, 10:15:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgon

they said that there is lots of noise about people backing out of their commitments for suites if a change isn't made.

parallaxpig

Quote from: hawgon on October 22, 2017, 10:15:16 am
they said that there is lots of noise about people backing out of their commitments for suites if a change isn't made.

the "money" has had enough
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Fan1958

Who is "they"?
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

LRrazorback

Didn't stay up to listen to all of it but, if this is indeed true, this is the best news I've heard in a while.

Seebs

I know I am not buying one. Anybody else here not buying one?
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

hawgon

Quote from: Fan1958 on October 22, 2017, 10:18:35 am
Who is "they"?

Hmmm... could it be the hosts of the show I named in the post?  Is this rocket science?

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: Seebs on October 22, 2017, 10:19:45 am
I'm not buying one. Viva la revolucion!
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

hobhog

(notOM)Rebel123

I'm with ya', Seebs.  ;)
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Fan1958

Quote from: hawgon on October 22, 2017, 10:21:24 am
Hmmm... could it be the hosts of the show I named in the post?  Is this rocket science?

Uhh, since that is a call in show it could have been anybody. Nowhere in your post do you reference the host as the "they" to whom you were referring.  Riddle me that, Mr. Von Braun.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

hawgon

Whatever money they don't already have in their possession for suites and the is at extreme jeopardy at this point.  People will back out and say "sue me".

Now, do you honestly think that the Foundation will sue its donors over them backing out because of the crappy product on the field?  Only if they want a PR nightmare and to cripple fund raising for the next decade.  So, if people do back out, the Foundation will end up holding the bag.

hawgon

Quote from: Fan1958 on October 22, 2017, 10:25:38 am
Uhh, since that is a call in show it could have been anybody. Nowhere in your post do you reference the host as the "they" to whom you were referring.  Riddle me that, Mr. Von Braun.

Oh, it was Cletus from Lonoke.

hobhog

Quote from: hawgon on October 22, 2017, 10:25:42 am
Whatever money they don't already have in their possession for suites and the is at extreme jeopardy at this point.  People will back out and say "sue me".

Now, do you honestly think that the Foundation will sue its donors over them backing out because of the crappy product on the field?  Only if they want a PR nightmare and to cripple fund raising for the next decade.  So, if people do back out, the Foundation will end up holding the bag.

Link? Hadnt read this anywhere but here.....

Fan1958

tphigh2001

Look at parking in lot 44, it is half full. Those are money people. Also, helping my dad with moving his EOC tickets due to construction was told Last Week they have 40 million of the 60+ needed raised so still a ways to go.

The NewEra

Yep, I heard it too, I just couldn't remember which forum.  They were pretty honest on channel 11Little Rock afterwards too about Bielema's stituation.

hawgon

Quote from: hobhog on October 22, 2017, 10:27:28 am
Link? Hadnt read this anywhere but here.....

It called common sense.  There is your link.  I know that is in short supply around here but if you honestly think people are going to continue to pony up millions for 30 and 40 point beat downs, then I can't help you.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Swinesong1

Quote from: hawgon on October 22, 2017, 10:36:10 am
It called common sense.  There is your link.  I know that is in short supply around here but if you honestly think people are going to continue to pony up millions for 30 and 40 point beat downs, then I can't help you.
Well, I've never understood why people pony up millions for a program that really hasn't done anything in my lifetime.  But, that's just me. 

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on October 22, 2017, 10:46:24 am
Had tickets. Didn't go. Didn't care.

They got your money, which is really all some folks on the hill care about.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

jkstock04

How much are these fancy suites going for originally supposedly?

I heard some noise last night about them trying to pawn off a suite on a doctor and total was going to come to around 100k/game. He told them to F off.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

3kgthog

Didn't we say a couple of weeks ago that this might happen? Enjoy putting out this fire with your little sippy cup, Jeff.

livevanguy

Well, I wasn't buying one before but I certainly won't be now until a change is made in both coaching and my income!
Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

Paul

Quote from: Swinesong1 on October 22, 2017, 10:52:20 am
Well, I've never understood why people pony up millions for a program that really hasn't done anything in my lifetime.  But, that's just me.
. It's called schmoozing clientele while writing off as entertainment expense

jgphillips3

Long understands money.  I'm not sure he understands football much.  But he does understand money.  If people start tying their commitment to a new coach, Jeff will either have to go all in, full retard and go down with CBB or make the correct business decision to move on.  I think he'll move on if the money starts to dry up.  Unlike the hundreds of thousands of poor Arkansans who spend their nickels buying gear, trying to afford one game, buying concessions and proudly supporting the Razorbacks to the best of their limited means, Jeff dies care about the monied people.

RME

Sums up all of your posts in 8 words.

If you honestly think these bigwigs at Fortune 500 companies are going to continue to pull their money from suites, then I can't help you.

hawgon

RME

Quote from: hawgon on October 22, 2017, 11:27:13 am
Exactly.  I have it.  You don't.

Damn, got me. I'm gonna remove myself from the board today to recover from this devastating information. Might never recover, honestly.

HognitiveDissonance

I know you're a MA apologist, but that's still not a factual statement.

Were you alive when the Hogs finished #5 in the country in 2011?

The football program can't realistically contend with the SEC elite year in and out, but it can consistently be in the Top 25 or 30 every year, with occasional spikes.

It certainly can do better than now.

Swinesong1

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on October 22, 2017, 02:06:34 pm
I know you're a MA apologist, but that's still not a factual statement.

Were you alive when the Hogs finished #5 in the country in 2011?

The football program can't realistically contend with the SEC elite year in and out, but it can consistently be in the Top 25 or 30 every year, with occasional spikes.

It certainly can do better than now.
Im 52 and you can only point out one year?  And as far as your "apologist" statement, sorry attempt at deflecting. 

JIHawg

I will text Jeff and cancel my two today.

hobhog

Quote from: tphigh2001 on October 22, 2017, 10:30:18 am
Look at parking in lot 44, it is half full. Those are money people. Also, helping my dad with moving his EOC tickets due to construction was told Last Week they have 40 million of the 60+ needed raised so still a ways to go.

It ALWAYS half full. I parked there last night and it was as usual.

hobhog

They aren't drama queens. They do it for reasons you don't understand. But I'm sure they will pull their support now since you have pointed out "common sense".

FineAsSwine

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on October 22, 2017, 02:06:34 pm
I know you're a MA apologist, but that's still not a factual

CMA has the basketball team in a good spot no apologies needed. Don't let your football disappointments carry over to basketball.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Jimbob111

Quote from: The NewEra on October 22, 2017, 10:32:42 am
Yep, I heard it too, I just couldn't remember which forum.  They were pretty honest on channel 11Little Rock afterwards too about Bielema's stituation.

They were brutally honest. I think it was the Hog Zone? I usually don't watch but was waiting to see some weather. I don't know who the guys were, one looked like the chubby guy from Earl Goes To Camp and the other looked about 12 years old. Neither held back on the fact that Bielema should be fired and that the product on the field is unacceptable.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Jimbob111

What are you, 7? Petrino came close and would have done better, Nutt actually came pretty close himself when Alabama was down. Both of them, as much as if pains me to say it about Nutt, put together some solid seasons and proved beyond a reasonable doubt that you can recruit well enough and coach well enough to compete. But then, Nutty did give up 70 to USCw.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

HognotinMemphis

Some think Long won't fire Bielema. My response to that has been it won't be Long's decision. He will be told what to do or else. I would bet all of 2018 lunch money that Bielema is gone weekend after Thanksgiving due to this incompetence. 9 players on the field on defense? Shades of Danny Ford.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Swinesong1 on October 22, 2017, 02:35:05 pm
Im 52 and you can only point out one year?  And as far as your "apologist" statement, sorry attempt at deflecting.
It's not deflection, I've been reading you guys do 'deflection' for six years in Jump Ball every time someone has a question.

To say the football program has done nothing in your lifetime of 52 years is pretty ridiculous and just another agenda-driven statement. You have to put a definition of 'doing something'.

No one is expecting the football program in this league to be dominating every year, but it can do better than now. If you're 52 that covers the 70s, 80s, 90s, and 2000s. I can think of a lot of good things that have happened in that span. Average all those years and you're looking at a Top 25 program, thereabouts.

Großer Kriegschwein

I noticed something wasn't right and just as I realized there were only 9 on the field, Agim fell down and told my brother "oh sh**, here they come"

Was kinda weird how it looked from up high.
This is my non-signature signature.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: FineAsSwine on October 22, 2017, 02:58:31 pm
CMA has the basketball team in a good spot no apologies needed. Don't let your football disappointments carry over to basketball.
I'm always ready for basketball to begin, I follow UA hoops closer than any sport.
Hoops is the sport the UA should hang its hat on. I've been saying that for 35 years.
But I do have expectations for football and it can be much better than today.

The point was Swinesong1 would never make a sweeping, crazy statement like that if talking about the basketball program. But just turn it around: What have we really done lately in basketball? I would never say that, but it's just as ridiculous of a statement. Depends on how you look at it...we've been in the tournament a few times in the past 15 years, a couple of wins, no Sweet 16s. We haven't really done anything.

Just applying the same logic.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Swinesong1 on October 22, 2017, 02:35:05 pm
I'm not that old and I have seen them achieve plenty, not a NC but plenty, even with all the lows of the past 25-30 years we are still historically a top 20 program in football and basketball. In football only like 10% of D1 teams have a NC, it's a pretty high bar.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Me.!? Definitely not. Too gauche...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

bennyl08

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 22, 2017, 11:21:23 am
Long understands money.  I'm not sure he understands football much.  But he does understand money.  If people start tying their commitment to a new coach, Jeff will either have to go all in, full retard and go down with CBB or make the correct business decision to move on.  I think he'll move on if the money starts to dry up.  Unlike the hundreds of thousands of poor Arkansans who spend their nickels buying gear, trying to afford one game, buying concessions and proudly supporting the Razorbacks to the best of their limited means, Jeff dies care about the monied people.

There's not a collegiate program in the entire country that doesn't care more about the money people than the less monied people.

Same is true for virtually any industry as well. Go backwards or forwards 10, 100, or even 1000 years and the same will remain true.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Swinesong1

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on October 22, 2017, 03:09:37 pm
It's not deflection, I've been reading you guys do 'deflection' for six years in Jump Ball every time someone has a question.

To say the football program has done nothing in your lifetime of 52 years is pretty ridiculous and just another agenda-driven statement. You have to put a definition of 'doing something'.

No one is expecting the football program in this league to be dominating every year, but it can do better than now. If you're 52 that covers the 70s, 80s, 90s, and 2000s. I can think of a lot of good things that have happened in that span. Average all those years and you're looking at a Top 25 program, thereabouts.
I want you to read all I said rather than picking out the part(s) that make you feel better!  I (personally) can’t justify giving millions to this program.  On the field, there hasn’t been a good return in that type of investment in my opinion.  How that got twisted into “done nothing” is beyond me!  The current coach hadn’t done anything to justify getting an extension and a huge buyout either IN MY OPINION. 

Swinesong1

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on October 22, 2017, 03:18:04 pm
I'm always ready for basketball to begin, I follow UA hoops closer than any sport.
Hoops is the sport the UA should hang its hat on. I've been saying that for 35 years.
But I do have expectations for football and it can be much better than today.

The point was Swinesong1 would never make a sweeping, crazy statement like that if talking about the basketball program. But just turn it around: What have we really done lately in basketball? I would never say that, but it's just as ridiculous of a statement. Depends on how you look at it...we've been in the tournament a few times in the past 15 years, a couple of wins, no Sweet 16s. We haven't really done anything.

Just applying the same logic.
How’s this....outside of KY, Duke, UNC and maybe three other programs, I can’t see paying millions to any others.  What you do with your money is your business.  God bless you if you have that to give away.  I just don’t see any others winning at a high enough level to justify that type of giving.  And I definitely wouldn’t do it if I can’t point to a national crown or two or even close to one in my lifetime. 

HognitiveDissonance

I donate and I'm ok but not wealthy. I just try to do my share. But it's certainly not a ton of cash.

Put it this way: I direct my donation to whom I consider the most deserving. Money talks, and that is the only voice I have. So if I contribute to a 'problem' then I'm enabling the problem. So lately I have been donating to what I feel is the most accomplished program on campus: the baseball program.

But that could change. I have donated to football in the past. I have donated to basketball in the past. It might change this very year. But for now Van Horn has developed a consistent winning program and it is deserving of my dollars.

Everything is constantly in flux so it could very well change. But that's what it's been the past few years. Other than buying tickets to the games I can attend, I haven't contributed anything to football or basketball recently.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

kodiakisland

If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/