Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Matt Campbell

Started by TX HOG, October 14, 2017, 07:06:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pork Ranger

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 21, 2017, 03:41:47 pm
A lot of times you can tell if a qb is going to be good or not by seeing a game or 2. We will get to see probably 3 or 4 more games.   Just remember Tyler Wilson.  When we saw him a lot of us felt great about the next season and we ended up going 11-2 that season.  I see Kelley as being a great player before he is done if he has a chance to get coached by a good coach.

I agree, needs a good system with an identity and he should excel

thebignasty

Think he's who I would like to see most.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

Kelly is huge, throws way too hard on the short passes, has potential, a bit slow but very hard to bring down.  Mentioning him and any award n the same sentence is well, stupid.  Sounds like some on here pissing themselves over the BB hiring and that all time greatest group of assistants he hired that first year or two.  Remember, the best group ever assembled for Arkansas and likely the best anywhere, ever.  These fools were wondering why the NCAA wasn't already putting our name on the NC trophy.

We need someone to lead us and we really need a complete reload on coaches.  Should that happen, I would believe that new group would evaluate the players on hand and hopefully put each and every one in a spot where they compete the best to assist the Arkansas team in winning games.  Campbell might be one of those folks who could do that.

trphog

I see recruiting in Mississippi, Florida, and.....Arkansas. I like it!

https://247sports.com/college/iowa-state/Season/2017-Football/Commits

jgphillips3

I'd take Campbell right now.  There are maybe one or two others I would marginally, and I do mean marginally, prefer but he is a dang good coach.  We could do a whole lot worse than Matt Campbell.  We could have some utter failure like Bielema as our coach in 2018 for instance.

Wildhog

When’s the last time ISU was 5-2 or better?

It’s the Frost/Campbell sweepstakes!
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Arkansas Fan

Of Campbell, Norvell, Frost, and Brohm, I think I'd take Campbell.

I also think he'd leave Iowa State in a heartbeat for Arkansas.

Ironhawg

Iowa State was fun to watch today.  They play Big 12 defense but they did hold TT to 13. 

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Wildhog on October 21, 2017, 05:30:02 pm
When's the last time ISU was 5-2 or better?

It's the Frost/Campbell sweepstakes!

2012 was the last time they won 5 games or more.  6-7 with Paul Rhodes. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Kevin

What happen to kliff's offense
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

TX HOG

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 21, 2017, 05:49:48 pm
2012 was the last time they won 5 games or more.  6-7 with Paul Rhodes. 

Wow. Didn't even realize that. Good stuff.

Ugly Uncle

Loved his song Like a Rhinestoned Cowboy.

Retired Radio Host

HiggiePiggy

This is Iowa States football history.  This program has 0 double digit win seasons.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/iowa-state/

They sure do have a lot of losing seasons though. 

TX HOG

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 21, 2017, 06:12:24 pm
This is Iowa States football history.  This program has 0 double digit win seasons.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/iowa-state/

They sure do have a lot of losing seasons though. 

Therefore if he can recruit a top 25 class to Aimes Iowa he can probably recruit pretty well. We know he can coach!

The Hawg Marshal

Can we get him here by halftime?

TX HOG

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 21, 2017, 07:12:42 pm
Can we get him here by halftime?

It'll take him a couple years to win here. One of the few instances in which two is greater than five

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: TX HOG on October 21, 2017, 07:36:15 pm
It'll take him a couple years to win here. One of the few instances in which two is greater than five

I believe with what we have he would be able to win at least 8 next year.

TX HOG

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 21, 2017, 07:38:22 pm
I believe with what we have he would be able to win at least 8 next year.

I agree absolutely

TX HOG

GoHogs1091

I am not sold on Campbell.

I can only think of 2 opposing Head Coaches he has won against that he wasn't supposed to have won against.

Those 2 are an overrated wannabe SEC Head Coach (Bret Bielema) and a rookie Head Coach who got handed a job at a high-level program probably before he should have (Lincoln Riley).

ChicoHog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on October 21, 2017, 11:12:25 pm

I can only think of 2 opposing Head Coaches he has won against that he wasn't supposed to have won against.

Those 2 are an overrated wannabe SEC Head Coach (Bret Bielema) and a rookie Head Coach who got handed a job at a high-level program probably before he should have (Lincoln Riley).
They were a 7 point dog today.  And they won.

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 21, 2017, 11:29:08 pm
They were a 7 point dog today.  And they won.

I think a 31 point dog to Oklahoma also and won that game.

TX HOG

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on October 21, 2017, 11:12:25 pm

I have to say(wo any research)that Iowa St probably hasn't been  favored in too many games in the last 15 years.

ChicoHog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 21, 2017, 11:31:00 pm
I think a 31 point dog to Oklahoma also and won that game.
It was 28.  I bet on Iowa st that day!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Wildhog on October 21, 2017, 05:30:02 pm
When's the last time ISU was 5-2 or better?

It's the Frost/Campbell sweepstakes!
Leach, Frost, or Campbell or BUST
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Captain Morgan

Quote from: TX HOG on October 14, 2017, 07:06:32 pm
I understand he's not the most 'sexy' or popular choice on here but he might be our best option. From my understanding(which is not too extensive) he overachieved at Toledo and he's doing the same at Iowa St. Idk. Seems like a good coach.

Pro Style guy...  Not interested.... I like Norvelle better

synthartist69

Problem is, unless we only win two games, BB may not be going anywhere. Then we will really be screwed

hogsanity

Quote from: TX HOG on October 21, 2017, 02:09:50 pm
And he's recruiting. I know it's eaely but he's at #25 Norvell is #75

Something about Norvell makes me think of Kingsbury at TT.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Captain Morgan

Quote from: hogsanity on October 22, 2017, 12:13:11 am

What is hogsanity opinion of Ken Niumatalolo?

hogsanity

Quote from: Captain Morgan on October 22, 2017, 12:15:07 am
What is hogsanity opinion of Ken Niumatalolo?

That is a tough one. Always hard to know how  guy from one of the Academy teams would be able to recruit since those schools sort of recruit themselves. Also, they are coaching kids that are highly disciplined in all aspects 24/7. He is a very good coach though and I would not have a problem with him getting the job. Heck it would be worth it just for the meltdown here from all the crying we would hear about his offensive style.

Thing is, if he were at a school where he could recruit without the size limitations and other issues at Navy he might run a completely different offense.

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ChicoHog

Agreed.  Although I like Norvell better than Kliff. 

checkraiser88

In year 2 at Iowa State he has them winning. They are 5-2(3-1 in Big 12). They are in the top 25 for the first time since 05.  He was the Coach for Toledo when they beat the Hogs so we know he's better than BB already. What do you think?

Biggus Piggus

He brought Iowa State to life. He won't have to settle for Arkansas as his next job.
[CENSORED]!

thebignasty

Absolutely would. Agree he's probably got better offers.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: checkraiser88 on October 22, 2017, 02:49:35 pm
In year 2 at Iowa State he has them winning. They are 5-2(3-1 in Big 12). They are in the top 25 for the first time since 05.  He was the Coach for Toledo when they beat the Hogs so we know he's better than BB already. What do you think?

Is Bob Stoops a better coach than Nick Saban since he is 1-0 vs Nick?
But Campbell has done a good job. Wouldn't mind him at all.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 22, 2017, 12:07:00 am
Leach, Frost, or Campbell or BUST
You said we've already hired someone. Why are you worried about these fall backs?

ChicoHog

2 ways of looking at the Matt Campbell possibility.  first of all Iowa st could see they are doing well and try to give him a big raise before he jumps ship.  He may want to stay there and keep building his program.  Not a lot of pressure and fans will be happy to make a bowl and get 7 wins. 

Secondly he may want to get out while he is hot.  Face it,  ISU is always going to be in the bottom half or even bottom third of the Big 12 pecking order. And they will always play second fiddle to the Hawkeyes as the main team in the state.  Next year they might go 4-8 and his options may no longer be there.  So he may tell his agent if there is a good deal out there go ahead and do it.

TX HOG

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 22, 2017, 08:51:51 pm
2 ways of looking at the Matt Campbell possibility.  first of all Iowa st could see they are doing well and try to give him a big raise before he jumps ship.  He may want to stay there and keep building his program.  Not a lot of pressure and fans will be happy to make a bowl and get 7 wins. 

Secondly he may want to get out while he is hot.  Face it,  ISU is always going to be in the bottom half or even bottom third of the Big 12 pecking order. And they will always play second fiddle to the Hawkeyes as the main team in the state.  Next year they might go 4-8 and his options may no longer be there.  So he may tell his agent if there is a good deal out there go ahead and do it.

And he's actually recruiting well at Iowa St.

texas tush hog

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 21, 2017, 02:16:09 pm
He would definitely be a strong candidate.

Yea for Tenneesee. Frost to Nebraska, that leaves with what's left. Probably Norville and that ain't bad.

texas tush hog

Quote from: rtr on October 14, 2017, 07:11:54 pm
Matt Campbell is by far the most accomplished of all the up and comers.

Tennessee bound.

ipigsooie

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 22, 2017, 09:42:07 pm

Yea for Tenneesee. Frost to Nebraska, that leaves with what's left. Probably Norville and that ain't bad.

+1

texas tush hog

Yes, but nowhere near the turd Kingsbury is.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: TX HOG on October 22, 2017, 08:55:18 pm
And he's actually recruiting well at Iowa St.

Did you say he was recruiting a top 25 class to ISU?

Piggfoot

How about Campbell and Canada? Canada was the one who called the game against Nebraska that Bielema took credit for.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Wildhog

Quote from: Piggfoot on October 23, 2017, 02:59:02 pm
How about Campbell and Canada?

Not even going to think about coordinators. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on October 23, 2017, 03:09:08 pm
Tennessee going to pay the $9.4m buyout?

Somebody is and he's going to be worth every penny.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on October 23, 2017, 03:11:06 pm
Somebody is and he's going to be worth every penny.

I can't see it, Tennessee may travel to Ames and also pay them $5m, but I don't see anyone paying that amount.

TX HOG

Quote from: RazorPiggie on October 23, 2017, 02:57:57 pm
Did you say he was recruiting a top 25 class to ISU?

Amazing huh? Hahahaha😜