Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If Long Gone

Started by Pork Twain, October 14, 2017, 04:12:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on October 18, 2017, 08:47:48 am
HE did interview for the Nebraska job.  So he is looking.  I say send him to Louisville and let him and Bobby rekindle there "friendship"
As for a replacement, since Long is always saying this is a business.  Hire a CFO type guy or a president or past president of a company to run the department and then have him hire athletic people to support. 

Give it up. There are those on here that can't fathom Long leaving the U of A. They just simply can't believe that he's being strongly urged to look for another job.

We're going to need some Defibrillators if he accepts an AD job at another college.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on October 18, 2017, 11:11:20 am
It really sucks the live when every timeout we have another CEO or Company President get honored. I would allow them to honor me during the game and it is every timeout Long introduces some bigtime donor. It's way to much.

They are doing that everywhere not just at Arkansas. The away games I've been to they do that same sort of stuff.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Darth Piggy

Inhogswetrust

October 18, 2017, 12:05:10 pm #53 Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 01:43:13 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: GuvHog on October 18, 2017, 11:29:45 am
Give it up. There are those on here that can't fathom Long leaving the U of A. They just simply can't believe that he's being strongly urged to look for another job.

We're going to need some Defibrillators if he accepts an AD job at another college.

No there are those that think he has done a good job. They also are smart enough to realize that if he did leave the UA would find someone else. They don't get all bent out of shape over AD's comings and goings like you and others have done. The defibrillator will be needed by those like you IF he does stay.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GuvHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 18, 2017, 12:05:10 pm
No there are those that think he has done a good job. They also are smart enough to realize that if he did leave the uA would find someone else. They don't get all bent out of shape over AD's comings and goings like you and others have done. The defibrillator will be needed by those like you IF he does stay.

Actually it would not surprise me at all. As a matter of fact, I'm not surprised by anything that happens up there these days.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: GuvHog on October 18, 2017, 11:29:45 am

Only day you'll need a defibrillator for me is the day you quit posting a bunch of stupid crap that you pull out of your butt and try to pass off as true.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

snoblind

Quote from: PharmacistHog on October 18, 2017, 01:24:49 pm
Only day you'll need a defibrillator for me is the day you quit posting a bunch of stupid crap that you pull out of your butt and try to pass off as true.

:)

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: PharmacistHog on October 18, 2017, 01:24:49 pm

The monkeys at the zoo pull crap out of their butts, too.  Some eat it, some throw it.  But they all do it.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 18, 2017, 01:38:38 pm
The monkeys at the zoo pull crap out of their butts, too.  Some eat it, some throw it.  But they all do it.

Comparing Guv to monkeys?  Pretty insulting to monkeys everywhere.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: PharmacistHog on October 18, 2017, 01:40:06 pm
Comparing Guv to monkeys?  Pretty insulting to monkeys everywhere.

Please accept my humble apologies!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on October 18, 2017, 12:11:27 pm
Actually it would not surprise me at all. As a matter of fact, I'm not surprised by anything that happens up there these days.

Where in my post you replied to did I mention any surprise?

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: Pork Twain on October 14, 2017, 05:13:15 am
Same here, I am not a big tracker of ADs.  I mean, I know a lot hate ours, but not real sure if there is an upgrade out there or we are going to get a shitbag.

Nice.  That is the funniest thing I've heard all day.  Maybe there is a site available with relevant AD stats so all of us fans can size them up properly...

gchamblee

Quote from: harrisburghog on October 18, 2017, 07:33:45 am
Without the firing of Petrino Jeff Long is just another AD no one knows about.

Just because you weren't familiar with him until that moment, doesn't mean he was a new name to everyone else too. We landed a drone on the surface of Mars and you didn't know a single one of the players in that project.

gchamblee

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on October 18, 2017, 08:47:48 am
HE did interview for the Nebraska job.  So he is looking.  I say send him to Louisville and let him and Bobby rekindle there "friendship"
As for a replacement, since Long is always saying this is a business.  Hire a CFO type guy or a president or past president of a company to run the department and then have him hire athletic people to support.

Have a link to support this statement?

snoblind

Quote from: gchamblee on October 18, 2017, 02:58:20 pm
Have a link to support this statement?

Have a link to prove him wrong?

BoogaHog

gchamblee

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 18, 2017, 01:40:50 pm
Please accept my humble apologies!!
Well don't apologize to HIM!! It's the monkeys you should be apologizing to.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PharmacistHog on October 18, 2017, 08:33:51 am
Bielema will be gone. Long will stay. Bazzel needs to keep designing trophies and making western sizzlin commercials.

Bruh.

Lol.

I tried to explain Bazzel to a Tennessee fan. Couldn't. There is nothing to liken him to.
This is my non-signature signature.

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 18, 2017, 11:07:38 am
You know these two things how? You use Guv as a source?
don't have to use Guv as a source

rlamb

Rzback

Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

Torqued pork

Any AD that isn't a pious self-promoting pantload and fully understands he's far more replaceable than a successful football coach would work for me.

Pork Twain

Quote from: snoblind on October 18, 2017, 03:10:59 pm
Have a link to prove him wrong?
That's not how this works, that's not how any of this works.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

snoblind

Quote from: Pork Twain on October 19, 2017, 06:47:27 am
That's not how this works, that's not how any of this works.

He's the one originally demanding the link.  I know how it works and I know how and where Outlaw got the info. 

outlawhogeywells

You can bet that there is not a link to Long interviewing for the job.  Won't be. Now he did not get the job as we know.
My info comes from a very reliable source.  And I won't reveal his/her name.

GuvHog

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on October 19, 2017, 10:44:15 am
You can bet that there is not a link to Long interviewing for the job.  Won't be. Now he did not get the job as we know.
My info comes from a very reliable source.  And I won't reveal his/her name.

I believe you but I suggest that you PM a Mod and privately name your source to him. If you ask the Mod not to reveal your source on Hogville, he will honor your request that your source remain anonymous but will verify that your source is a legit one. The Mods on here are good about keeping the name of a source to themselves when asked to.

texas tush hog

PonderinHog

Quote from: snoblind on October 19, 2017, 09:46:05 am
He's the one originally demanding the link.  I know how it works and I know how and where Outlaw got the info.
I unfriend you.

LZH

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 17, 2017, 04:59:16 pm
It would appear that the naysayers have been tamped down.

Long or BB? Long stays, I'm sure. Bret? Ya mon,  he gone. Gone baby, gone.

Pork Twain

Quote from: snoblind on October 19, 2017, 09:46:05 am
False, he originally made a claim and was asked to provide support for that claim.  That is how it works...  If you are going to say something as FACT, be prepared to back it up. don't ask others to provide facts to prove you wrong.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Pork Twain

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 18, 2017, 12:05:10 pm
No there are those that think he has done a good job. They also are smart enough to realize that if he did leave the UA would find someone else. They don't get all bent out of shape over AD's comings and goings like you and others have done. The defibrillator will be needed by those like you IF he does stay.
I am in the boat of your first sentence and I have yet to see the name of a replacement that is anywhere close to Long.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 18, 2017, 03:17:24 pm
Bruh.

Lol.

I tried to explain Bazzel to a Tennessee fan. Couldn't. There is nothing to liken him to.

Duh...

Bazzel:Arkansas as Peyton Manning:Tenner... I thought that would be an easy one...
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

lakecityhog

"False, he originally made a claim and was asked to provide support for that claim.  That is how it works...  If you are going to say something as FACT, be prepared to back it up. don't ask others to provide facts to prove you wrong."

Why? Do you really think that any of us give 2 squirts whether or not any of you believe what we present?? Talk about arrogance! I NEED to prove something to Hogville??? Talk about a laugh.

gchamblee

Quote from: lakecityhog on October 20, 2017, 08:16:07 pm
"False, he originally made a claim and was asked to provide support for that claim.  That is how it works...  If you are going to say something as FACT, be prepared to back it up. don't ask others to provide facts to prove you wrong."

Why? Do you really think that any of us give 2 squirts whether or not any of you believe what we present?? Talk about arrogance! I NEED to prove something to Hogville??? Talk about a laugh.

I read Hogville to find new info that I didn't already know. It is my way of staying caught up with the happenings within the program. I would prefer people that post events as fact that if asked for a source they could provide it. Some claims sound unbelievable and I generally ask for sources for those claims. If all you need to believe something is for it to align with your perception then that is on you. If something sounds absurd, even if it fits my desires, I still look for sources for the claim. Factchecker and Rice are very good at bringing real data to the discussion to disprove or verify somebody else's claims.

If asking for a source offends you, maybe it just means you don't have a source and want others to believe whatever you make up and post. There have been a few posters, all of them want Jeff fired, that have posted that he has actively sought other employment. I would just like to see a source for this.

EulessHog

Quote from: Lanny on October 17, 2017, 04:41:31 pm
Long is staying

I beg to differ. 

6 dollar seats to watch Auburn at home say different.  The fans have spoken.  It's is too late for Bielema and I think the undercurrent is too strong for Long to survive.

Also, the folks I'm talking to want him gone.
Go Hogs Go!

gchamblee

Quote from: EulessHog on October 20, 2017, 09:47:38 pm
I beg to differ. 

6 dollar seats to watch Auburn at home say different.  The fans have spoken.  It's is too late for Bielema and I think there is too undercurrent for Long to survive.

Just my obervation from talking to folks.

To have this opinion you must believe that it is not normal for there to be cheap tickets available in the nosebleed sections. I don't know either way, so I have no idea if this is normal. If I had to guess though, I would lean towards this being an indication of nothing.

HardCore

Long is staying

Probably stuck with him.  Nobody else seems to want him, BUT he is the greatest and most respected AD since the day the Earth cooled.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: EulessHog on October 20, 2017, 09:47:38 pm
I beg to differ. 

6 dollar seats to watch Auburn at home say different.  The fans have spoken.  It's is too late for Bielema and I think the undercurrent is too strong for Long to survive.

Also, the folks I'm talking to want him gone.

So Long is gone because there are cheap tickets on stubhub? Ok.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

jcbville

Long is staying

On a positive note with this. He also genuinely does love the state of Arkansas. And so does his family.

GuvHog

Quote from: gchamblee on October 20, 2017, 09:52:03 pm
To have this opinion you must believe that it is not normal for there to be cheap tickets available in the nosebleed sections. I don't know either way, so I have no idea if this is normal. If I had to guess though, I would lean towards this being an indication of nothing.

It is normal for there to be cheap tickets in those areas but 6 dollar tickets are extremely rare and even more so for an SEC conference game. It pretty well indicates that the Razorback faithful are not happy with the program.

Pork Twain

Quote from: lakecityhog on October 20, 2017, 08:16:07 pm

No, you will just continue to be seen as a baseless blowhard.

Tusks

I demand a recount on the election where Jeff Long was elected the greatest AD of all time.

Has to be fake news.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

gchamblee

Quote from: tusked on October 23, 2017, 12:18:01 am
I demand a recount on the election where Jeff Long was elected the greatest AD of all time.

Has to be fake news.

First you would have to show where someone actually claimed that? I havent seen anyone say that at all. What I have seen people say is that he is very well respected and considered one of the top active AD's in the country. I can back up what I have heard with sources, can you back up what you just claimed with sources?