Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some should consider before bashing Bielema

Started by onebadrubi, November 24, 2013, 01:57:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

He has TWO starting QB's in the pros working out.  Tolzien and wilson.  Bielema is not dumb, he is not football stupid!  The guy has put people in the NFL from all over the field.  I'm sure I'll receive a lot of flak for this, but it needed to be said.

bigbadhog

How many injuries did it take for Tolzien to get a start?  Stoerner got a start or two at Dallas too...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

JaketheSnake

I agree. I'd be the hires a QB coach in the offseason tho... Show of good will toward fans calling for his head

pfrg999

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 24, 2013, 01:57:28 pm
He has TWO starting QB's in the pros working out.  Tolzien and wilson.  Bielema is not dumb, he is not football stupid!  The guy has put people in the NFL from all over the field.  I'm sure I'll receive a lot of flak for this, but it needed to be said.

Consider this, CBB had Wilson for ONE year, Wilson already Had over 8,000 yards passing, 76 TD's AND over 1000 yards rushing 17 TD's  BEFORE he ever went to WI!
                                                           Passing    Rushing
                       Comp  Att    Yds    TD    Int    Pct    Eff    Att    Yds    Avg    TD
2008    NC State    150    275    1,955  17    1  54.5  133.9    116    394    3.4    4
2009    NC State    224    378    3,027  31    11 59.3  147.8    103    260    2.5    4
2010    NC State    308    527    3,563  28    14 58.4  127.5    143    435    3.0    9
2011    Wisconsin    225    309    3,175  33    4  72.8  191.8    79    338    4.3    6
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

onebadrubi

Quote from: bigbadhog on November 24, 2013, 02:00:53 pm
How many injuries did it take for Tolzien to get a start?  Stoerner got a start or two at Dallas too...

Haha, I don't think ANY drafted QB would unseat Rogers baring retirement or injury.  Look at how he's played since coming in, teams will want him.

SouthSide Johnny

Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

Jek Tono Porkins

C'mon now we all know that bobby Petrino is the quarterback guru and bielema is the idiot, all you have to do is compare how many former Wisconsin qb's are nfl starters and how many former arkansas qb's are nfl starters.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

tophawg19

today he is 7 of 17 for 98 yards . Wilson was complete long before Wisconsin .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

pfrg999

Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 24, 2013, 02:17:34 pm
C'mon now we all know that bobby Petrino is the quarterback guru and bielema is the idiot, all you have to do is compare how many former Wisconsin qb's are nfl starters and how many former arkansas qb's are nfl starters.

Well he hasn't done squat with any QB on this campus... Winless in the SEC, 8 games losing streak. He hasn't coached up anyone this year
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Hawg Life

Quote from: AuburnsBack on November 24, 2013, 02:22:44 pm
So will Gary Andersen so what's your point? Maybe y'all can hire him after Bert goes 0 fer the next three years cause he'll have the same exact record as Bert with a Rose Bowl or two.

Does Awbarn have a message board? You can go be a [CENSORED] over there.

eusebius

Quote from: pfrg999 on November 24, 2013, 02:24:10 pm
Well he hasn't done squat with any QB on this campus... Winless in the SEC, 8 games losing streak. He hasn't coached up anyone this year

Agreed.
Better to evaluate CBB on what he is doing with our current QB's than what his former players are doing in the NFL. 
These things I know: There's no doubt Gary Anderson was very underrated . . Ike Forte had the best number ever for a running back and the best thing about the option was that last second pitch right before the DE hits the quarterback.

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: eusebius on November 24, 2013, 02:33:25 pm
Agreed.
Better to evaluate CBB on what he is doing with our current QB's than what his former players are doing in the NFL. 

I agree, once you can evaluate the total picture.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

pfrg999

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" W. on November 24, 2013, 03:44:38 pm
I agree, once you can evaluate the total picture.

Honestly you have 9.5 games to look at, that's not alot but it is worth more that any WI. stat.... The "Coaching up" has yet to avail itself.. Not saying it won't.. But I will say.. Whatever that are doing now.. Isnt working!

SouthSide Johnny

Another play the NFL card, well let's see what they did there and what they do here are two different things... 

HDN put players in the NFL too including at one time 3 starting NFL backs among others at different positions but no one here will confuse him with a great Coach...

He will have to produce in by year 3 or he will be gone too.  Maybe year 4, I've got time and patience to wait it out...
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: pfrg999 on November 24, 2013, 02:09:43 pm
Consider this, CBB had Wilson for ONE year, Wilson already Had over 8,000 yards passing, 76 TD's AND over 1000 yards rushing 17 TD's  BEFORE he ever went to WI!
                                                           Passing    Rushing
                       Comp  Att    Yds    TD    Int    Pct    Eff    Att    Yds    Avg    TD
2008    NC State    150    275    1,955  17    1  54.5  133.9    116    394    3.4    4
2009    NC State    224    378    3,027  31    11 59.3  147.8    103    260    2.5    4
2010    NC State    308    527    3,563  28    14 58.4  127.5    143    435    3.0    9
2011    Wisconsin    225    309    3,175  33    4  72.8  191.8    79    338    4.3    6

Dude completed 72% of his passes at Wisconsin. Man that is impressive

dc10x1103

I wish someone would explain to me, if BB is supposed to change everything around thru his recruiting........why was his best recruiting class at wisc ranked 40th.    2008 41st   2009 43rd   2010 87th   2011 40th   2012 56th     

Hogeration

I could not care less how many players BB put into the NFL or how many BP put into the NFL.  All I care about is winning college football games.  I support BB but he is not above constructive criticism.

pfrg999

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 24, 2013, 05:24:33 pm
Dude completed 72% of his passes at Wisconsin. Man that is impressive

Seriously.. I though the same thing... 72% that's Efficient... 

racinghog

Quote from: pfrg999 on November 24, 2013, 07:56:53 pm
Seriously.. I though the same thing... 72% that's Efficient... 
How was the run game at NC State compared to Wisky? Just curious is all, as this could be an answer to the improvement.

SILK PURSE

Tolzien was a juco transfer.  Bielema had both of those guys a full total of three years.  Not sure what your point is...
On the dark days, I sit in a dimly lit alcove crushing up 250mg Nuvigil tablets and knitting tiny pink practice jerseys for Mr. Whiskers.  Then I think of the Herringboner Series--back to back fake punt calls in the 2008 Cotton Bowl.  Soon, shrill peals of laughter echo out the window and across the courtyard.

3kgthog

Houston Nutt has sent a ton of players to the NFL from all over the field, too. Does that make him a great coach?

And if you need a list...

Stoerner, DMac, Felix, Hillis, George Wilson, Quinton Caver, Ken Hamlin, Jason Peters, Shawn Andrews, Nate Garner, Kenoy Kennedy, David Barrett, Matt Jones, Tony Bua, Mitch Petrus, Brett Goode, et al. I'd say that names just about every position!

Mr. Blonde

Tolzien got benched today.  He won't sniff another start the rest of his career. 

HawgFan70

Tolzien is a 3rd stringer at best and Wilson was a finished product before he ever stepped foot on UW campus. Tell us about Danny O'Brien how CBB honed him as a QB
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

Dont Hassle the Hoff

Are there ANY D1 coaches who haven't put a few kids in the league?

racingpossum

Quote from: SILK PURSE on November 24, 2013, 10:46:11 pm
Tolzien was a juco transfer.  Bielema had both of those guys a full total of three years.  Not sure what your point is...

Man quit posting bullchit. He was not a juco transfer. Tolzien spent 5 years at Madison. I personally know the Tolzien family.

FATHAWG08

He ran off Mitchell this year, Brandon Allen over Branson Mitchell no freakin way!!! Better Passer Better Runner!! Explain this CBB supporters!!
I love off season Football!!

Dont Hassle the Hoff

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on November 25, 2013, 12:16:34 am
He ran off Mitchell this year, Brandon Allen over Branson Mitchell no freakin way!!! Better Passer Better Runner!! Explain this CBB supporters!!

I was actually in shock when I read on here after the red white game how BA was so much better than BM and it was a done deal.  I was there.  I watched the red white game and it was clear to me and everyone that came with me that BM looked like he would be the starter.  Didn't understand the decision to name BA the starter then and now it should be pretty damn obvious to everyone else that it was a mistake.

FATHAWG08

I would take Casey Dick over Brandon Allen!  Brandon Allen is the Worst starting QB in my memory that the Hogs have every started. And to make things worst AJ Derby is worst QB I seen play in a Razorback Uniform And he was our backup. So do I feel confident in the 2 freshmen we redshirted not one bit.
I love off season Football!!

lrcentral

Quote from: Dont Hassle the Hoff on November 25, 2013, 12:22:09 am
I was actually in shock when I read on here after the red white game how BA was so much better than BM and it was a done deal.  I was there.  I watched the red white game and it was clear to me and everyone that came with me that BM looked like he would be the starter.  Didn't understand the decision to name BA the starter then and now it should be pretty damn obvious to everyone else that it was a mistake.

It was all because of his daddy.

I'm sure he is a fine young man but he isn't a very good QB.