May 21, 2012, 02:48:30 pm #1 Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 12:04:47 pm by Tomhog™
Myke Tavarres
OLB 6'2", 220 lbs, 4.56
College of the Siskiyous - Weed, CA
'11 and '12 stats: 136 tkl, 26 tfl, 8 sks, 3 ints
'12 First team all-Mid-Empire Conference
Eligibility: 3 years to play 2
Offers: Boise, Rutgers, Texas Tech, Arizona

Scoop: The staff immediately saw the need for experienced true linebackers. Arkansas needed Myke in a bad way.  So it was exciting to see him choose the Hogs over Boise State when he signed early.  He possesses the instinct of a linebacker, like an Alonzo Highsmith.  Like Alonzo, we will only get to see him in an Arkansas uniform for 2 seasons.  But, he brings that much needed next-level experience that will translate better to the field than coming from high school.  I expect the coaches will keep defensive schemes simple to allow players like Myke to flourish.  He may not start in game one, but will start at some point in the season.

Projection: Two Deep, possible Starter

Carroll Washington
CB 6'0", 180 lbs, 4.44
Hartnell CC - Salinas, CA
'11 and '12 stats: 53 tkl, 8 ints
Offers: Kansas, Miss. St., Rutgers, Texas Tech

Scoop: Another position in dire need of experience got immediate injection of talent from the Juco ranks.  Carroll is an outstanding corner back with the skill set that could be cultivated into a formidable lock-down corner. 247 rates him as the #1 CB in Juco and the #10 overall Juco player.  His transition to Arkansas will be made easier thanks to his good friend Kiero Small (who also attended Hartnell CC).  Since Small redshirted last year due to injury, the two we be on the same team this upcoming season.  He wanted to build up drama to his signing day, but word leaked out to the MSU staff and he let everyone off the hook early. Carroll has played two seasons in Juco, so he will have 3 more years to play 2.

Projection: Starter

Tiquention Coleman
S 5'10", 200 lbs, 4.44
Georgia Military College - Milledgeville, GA
'11 and '12 stats: 74 tkl, 4 ints, 4 pass breakups, 2 fumble recoveries
Offers: Auburn, South Carolina, Wisconsin

Scoop: Tiquention helped lead the defense and his team to a 7-4 overall record, including a disappointing 30-23 loss to Navarro college in CHAMPS Heart of Texas bowl. Coach Bielema saw the dire need on defense for immediate impact players and found one in a speedy safety originally from South Carolina. If he doesn't earn a starting role this season, expect him to provide much backup support in the secondary.  Coach Bielema was already on Tiquention long before becoming Head Hog.  Originally after committing to CBB at Wisconsin last November, he quickly changed to Arkansas on his official visit. What about him did CBB like so much to repeat his offer in the SEC? His speed and acceleration to the ball, his ability to stay patient in play action passing, his nature of driving through a defender on contact, and his hard-hitting instincts.  We will see a new defense on the field this upcoming year. One that will play with authority and a bit of swagger.

Projection: Two Deep

John McClure
OT 6'4", 320 lbs
Butler Community College - Butler, KS
'11 and '12 stats: lots and lots of blocks
Offers: No other offers listed

Scoop: John is a QB and RB's best friend.  He has the ability to both run block and pass block, defending against quicker, more agile defensive ends. He anchored the line for two years at Butler CC.  He even helped lead them to an undefeated regular season and a shot at the NJCAAchampionship.  They ended up falling short 27-7 to Iowa Western. For all his hard work, John was named to first-team NJCAA All-American in 2012 to best his second-team AA selection back in 2011.  He started all games at left tackle. 

Projection: Two Deep that may work into starting role mid-season

booogaga

Its interesting. As of right now. 5/22/12 Brooks is rated higher than Allen per espn.
GO HOGS!

rogersvillemohog

Front and center and ready for the road to 25!
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

PorkSoda

looks like things are shaping up nicely.  Seems like BP's system is in place and the assistants are building on that foundation. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Tomhog™

June 13, 2012, 08:50:46 pm #6 Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 09:03:30 pm by Tomhog™
Jervenski Johnson, WR out of Amite, LA added to the list.

Walkons:

AJ Derby - QB
     Austin Boice - OT
     Patrick Arinze - FB

decommits

9. S Dominique Alexander NR     74     NR         2*      6'1", 192         Tulsa, OK                  HS
6. QB Tyler Cogswell       82      79      3*        3*     6'4", 235, 4.8  Ft. Lauderdale, FL         HS
13. OL Mitchell Bell           82      NR     NR        NR      6'4", 320, 5.1   Corsicana, Tx           JC
14. WR Lamar Jordan       82      NR     2*        2*      5'10", 180, 4.38 Frisco, TX               HS
1. RB Kaleb Blanchard     87    75      4*       3*       6'1", 200           Denham Springs, LA    HS

tophawg19

JJ is brandon mitchells cousin  . sounds like a talented family . maybe we can get another relative or two
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

rogersvillemohog

Dominique Alexander just committed. I'm excited to see what he can do. Sounds like he may just be able to lay the wood.
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

tophawg19

bad part is our biggest player is a qb
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Three from Tulsa.  Who is covering OK now that McGee is gone.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: 12247 on June 20, 2012, 10:02:29 pm
Three from Tulsa.  Who is covering OK now that McGee is gone.
Cincovich
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

lumphog

Huds_HawgTide

we need some quality big bodied linemen
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

RazorBassin

rogersvillemohog

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

RyeHogFan

Hey Tom, what's the hold up with HH? In the words of Ken Harrellson, You can PUT IT ON THE BOAAARD!!"

Huds_HawgTide

great get...lets get tenpenny to switch...boom!
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

RazorPiggie

HogWildBison2011

August 07, 2012, 01:57:02 pm #23 Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 04:26:37 pm by HogWildBison2011
Loving the list tom! PLUS Marcus Robinson

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

bosshog84

Add in Tevin Beanum from Forrest City to that list

whosiskid

Do we know yet if Myke Tavarres will count against the 2012 class yet, taking Vin Ascolese's slot? If he qualifies I assume Vin would arrive in January.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

iluvmyslute89

August 20, 2012, 04:45:13 am #28 Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 05:20:08 am by The Pig of destiny
      The recruiting class to date, along with last seasons recruiting haul, provide evidence that we have taken the proverbial step forward in the recruitment of defensive players. Players who are making there mark in practices. Players that don't qualify for the stat quo of Arkansas defenders in the past 8 or 9 years.
      For almost as long as I've been watching the Hogs we have had a defense that featured several talented but undersized players littered throughout our depth chart. Players like Ramone Broadway, Malcolm  Shephard, or even Jerry Franklin could often be viewed as the glimmer of hope for defenses known for subpar tackling, lack of physicality in the front seven and lack of discipline within the secondary.
       This situation hit what could easily be considered as the all time low on the programs defensive legacy, when the Hogs defense surrendered 281 Yards Rushing and 4 TD's to Missouri runningback Tony Temple in the 2008 Cotton Bowl. The 281 yards he accrued on the ground that day qualify as the second highest rushing total in bowl game history. The feat came just months after the firing of 10 year head coach Houston Nutt. The event would come to serve as a milestone in program history, a symbolic reminder of the squandered opportunities, devastating losses, and dismal player development occuring throughout the decade Arkansas spent behind the leadership of Nutt.
      Fast forward to february 2011, National Signing Day. It was a day that saw the nations no. 1 wide receiver prospect choose his home state Missouri Tigers over the Razorbacks who finished the year as the 5th ranked team in the nation after back to back seasons of 10 or more wins. At the time the Hogs had been considered to be the favorite of the highly touted receiver. Needless to say, The choice to sign with Missouri over the High-Octane Arkansas Passing attack sparked both controversy and outrage among the Razorback nation, causing one of the better, though questionably under rated, defensive recruiting efforts in the past 20 years to fly under the radar of the largest portion of the fan base. The class included Otha Peters, JayMichael Winston, Darius Philon, Dj Sprinkle, Brandon Lewis, Austin Flynn, Deatrich Wise, Defonta Lowe, and Aj Turner who all posses good size and coveted athletic ability at the linebacker, defensive end, and safety positions. In addition the class included a trio of promising defensive backs as well as linebacker Vin Ascolese, an average sized linebacker who made a name for himself rushing the passer and stopping the run in highschool.
    The trend would seem to have spilled over into this class, with three safeties, a highly touted linebacker, and an under the radar defensive end who shined in a recent prospect camp.
      A new era in Razorback football has begun. Embrace the change

redleg

Arkansassports360.com is reporting today that Navarro, TX Junior College OL Mitchell Bell (6'4" 330 lbs.) has verbally committed to Arkansas.
Scroll down to the last paragraph titled Quick Hits.
http://www.arkansassports360.com/86741/otis-kirk-portis-kingsley-plan-razorback-visit-johnson-says-red-wolves-commitment-just-verbal
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

mmhogs17

Quote from: redleg on September 06, 2012, 02:45:49 pm
Arkansassports360.com is reporting today that Navarro, TX Junior College OL Mitchell Bell (6'4" 330 lbs.) has verbally committed to Arkansas.
Scroll down to the last paragraph titled Quick Hits.
http://www.arkansassports360.com/86741/otis-kirk-portis-kingsley-plan-razorback-visit-johnson-says-red-wolves-commitment-just-verbal

It's not 'official' just yet. Should be by Saturday night though

redleg

What do we know about this guy, and are the Hogs serious contenders for the other Navarro players?
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

whosiskid

Quote from: redleg on September 06, 2012, 06:26:21 pm
What do we know about this guy, and are the Hogs serious contenders for the other Navarro players?

My understanding is that we are very much contenders for them, but I suspect that some of our offers may be conditional, not committable, offers. I suspect that this could be the situation with Bell. Remember that linebacker last January who announced he was committing to us, but then had to retract it because our offer wasn't a committable one. I suspect that here. Why else would he really want to announce but the staff seems to be slowing him down?
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

whosiskid

September 08, 2012, 11:25:48 am #33 Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 11:27:43 am by whosiskid
A photo of QB commit Tyler Cogswell. I know a lot of people are just penciling in Austin Allen as his brother's replacement, but I think Cogswell will give Austin a battle. He doesn't have Austin's mobility, but he is much bigger (a big larger than Tyler Wilson, though not as large - and thankfully not as slow - as Mallett). Plus he has the stronger arm and better form. Though scouting reports say that he has some problems with his feet. Though while Austin needs to work on his throwing motion (he has a low release right now and throws exactly the way you would throw a baseball), Tyler's motion is already very good. He just needs to work on his set up. But a really powerful arm. I would not be at all surprised if Cogwell beat Allen out for the starting job. You see where the ball is immediately after his release, while Austin's is much, much lower. Austin does seem to have a much quicker release. I can't wait to see them battle it out. Though maybe Rafe Peavey beats both of them out.

HogWildBison2011

CalicoHawgFan

I kinda liked Cogswell. I hate to see him lose his offer.

Quote from: Tomhog™ on May 21, 2012, 02:40:04 pm
2013 FOOTBALL COMMITMENTS

Pos  Commit            24/7 ESPN  Rivals   Scout      Stats                     Hometown        Status

1. RB Kaleb Blanchard     87    75      3*       3*       6'1", 200           Denham Springs, LA    HS
2. TE Deondre Skinner    86     77      3*       3*       6'4", 225, 4.59  Patterson, LA              HS
3. QB Austin Allen           90      80     3*        4*      6'2", 205           Fayetteville, AR          HS
4. LB Brooks Ellis            89      81     3*         3*     6'2", 215, 4.6   Fayetteville, AR            HS
5.ATH Alex Brignoni         86     72      3*        3*     6'1, 190, 4.6    Fayetteville, AR            HS
6. S Khari Harding           87     79      3*         3*    6'1", 205, 4.5   Edmond, OK                HS
7. WR Jervenski Johnson 83     NR     NR          2*       6'4", 186         Amite, LA                 HS
8. TE Hunter Henry        94     84      4*        4*     6'6", 235, 4.7    Little Rock, AR            HS
9. OLB Myke Tavarres    84     NR      3*        3*      6'2", 220         Weed, CA                   JC
10. CB Carroll Washington 95     NR      3*        3*      6'0", 180         Salinas, CA               JC
11. LB Marcus Robinson    95     NR      3*        3*      6'4", 207, 4.8   Memphis, TN           HS
12. DE Tevin Beanum       NR     NR      NR       NR      6'4", 235          Forrest City, AR        HS
13. OL Mitchell Bell           82      NR     NR        NR      6'4", 320, 5.1   Corsicana, Tx           JC
14. WR Lamar Jordan       82      NR     2*        2*      5'10", 180, 4.38 Frisco, TX               HS
15. OL Jonathan McClure  79      NR      3*        3*      6'4", 305         El Dorado, KS           JC
16. WR Drew Morgan        75      67      3*        NR      6'0", 180, 4.5  Greenwood, AR        HS
17. S Tiquention Coleman 82      NR     2*         2*      5'10', 200       Milledgeville, GA       JC
rivals actually has blanchard listed as a 4 star

Tim Harris

Looks like we need to have Lamar Jordan removed as well.

mccurdy

Huds_HawgTide

247 sports has jordan and bell gone from list
tommy boy

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Tomhog™

When I'm at home, the table in the OP looks nice and neat.  At work, it looks like a disaster.  I'm sure it's much the same for others, either good or bad.  I'll revamp this if I get some time over the holidays to make it look sharper.

Tim Harris

Once all the JC kids have signed would you mind marking them so that we know how many spots are left?

JaketheSnake

PorkSoda

wow for a second there, I thought we lost half our commits over night
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

josh_sec33

Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Tim Harris

Quote from: JaketheSnake on December 19, 2012, 12:44:05 pm
Are all JC kids early enrollees?

Yes. Spaight will be taking an online math class. The other 4 already graduated.